users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » SE's response to DRG's future as a DD
SE's response to DRG's future as a DD
By Creecreelo 2014-07-18 03:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Rendra said: »
Creecreelo said: »
Odin.Rendra said: »
This thread should be linked to the official forums or something... so maybe one of the reps would be able to show the devs or something. idk... just pointless to have all these ideas about what could be done about this job on this site when they won't look at it.

And they look at it/care on the official forums?

Well... They did respond to my original thread. Which is about drg's future. Which is how this thread originally started.

Fixed it.
 Asura.Razorbeast
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: barkley1
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-07-19 18:34:26
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure they look at it, pretty sure they don't care.

Basically, what Cree was alluding to (I think).
[+]
By Ophannus 2014-07-19 18:48:03
Link | Citer | R

If you hadnt noticed after 3 years 99% of english dev responses are just translations of what the jp devs are responding to individuals on the jp forums. The NA community team just take that jp response and finds the closest thread thats most similar and then posts it as if theyre responding directly to the NA player. Best way to get to the dev team is to post on Jp board in Jp.
By Ophannus 2014-07-21 22:25:27
Link | Citer | R

I would be super grateful if DRG and maybe NIN and BLU got "Breath Defense Bonus" but it'd really be like breath damage taken. Since wyverns are Drg main, they'd get it too. Would help immensly against stupid high damage breaths like Arrogance Incarnate. Switch it out with crit def bonus, that trait is garbage.
 Odin.Skeero
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2014-08-01 10:51:35
Link | Citer | R

New Job points. Looks like they fixed us as dd's finally!

Dragoon Spirit Link Effect Reduces caster's HP consumption when Spirit Link activates.
Reduce HP consumption by 1 percent.

Wyvern Max HP Bonus Increases the maximum HP of wyverns.
Increase max HP by 10.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
Serveur: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-08-01 11:06:27
Link | Citer | R

I don't even want to talk about this anymore :/

SE is so out of touch, and to be fair.. its not just DRG.

It sucks when 3 months ago you could use Upukirex and keep up with Tsurumaru SAMs and now with a Ryu they blow you out of the water on most content. I doubt anything will ever be done. I even eschewed using DRG in favor of going COR/DNC to old delve last night ; ;

First run was a Bee and I went DRG to that, but after that we did Tojil and Shark and I put my polearm back on my mannequin and grabbed my gun.

Parse for full Bee run was SAM > (ryu)DRG > RNG > RNG > MNK

Parse for Bee Megaboss only was RNG > RNG > SAM >= DRG(within a few 1000) > MNK

SAM using Tsurumaru, DRG using Ryu (me), RNGs using Relic Gun, MNK with r15 Tinhaspa. SAM was 60k ahead of me for the full run. I was 40k ahead of everyone else. For the megaboss only, once my SP2 fell, I dropped from being 50k ahead of every dd to 30k behind the rangers. My WS average for the actual Bee was only around 5k. Conversely, the SAM was around 6k the rangers 8k. The SAM did close to the same amount of WSs as I did.

Back when I was still using Upukirex, before the WS update, the same SAM would only finish 10-20k ahead of me in this zone. Thats how broken this game has gotten.
[+]
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-08-01 11:18:38
Link | Citer | R

Either they are planning something nasty for drg thats highly dependant on wyvern survivability, or they are just lost and think the tp gain from spirit/soul is game breaking.
[+]
By angrykitty 2014-08-01 12:10:57
Link | Citer | R

actually reply: "LOL"
[+]
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-01 12:18:40
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Skeero said: »
Either they are planning something nasty for drg thats highly dependant on wyvern survivability, or they are just lost and think the tp gain from spirit/soul is game breaking.

attack buff that either only works when wyvern is alive, or is a joke without wyvern but a serious buff with. and something like berserk that lasts 3 min and has a 5 min timer as opposed to something like warcry with a laughable duration. Possibly drgs only hope. If they do this, i will buy marrows for my gungnir.
By Highwynd 2014-08-02 10:19:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Breaths would need to be potent and instant (ws speed). As always the inability to buff the pet as you would the master even with the ability to share some buffs just really doesn't cut it. Pair that with how quick it can go down in heavy AoE settings they would need to really ramp up the -dt by a lot.

80% of the time wyverns only die to Dragoon being KO'd not from direct damage, if you're smart with Spirit Link and Steady Wing usage.

Fully leveled Wyverns have as much Attack as me in TP gear, around mid 900's(not counting Ionis and food), which is pretty good. Other pet jobs have far less attack, but have powerful TP moves to compensate. For Wyverns auto attacks to be competitive and deal as much damage on NMs as they deal against TW mobs, they'd need almost double that attack power. Then they would hit NMs for 350-450 which is a perfect amount of DoT