Forum » FFXI » General » Gil tells?
Gil tells?
 Diabolos.Beaster
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Beaster
By Diabolos.Beaster 2009-08-05 08:55:11
Link | Citer | R

So, in the past 2 hours I have gotten 72 tells from the same person, asking if I wanted to sell my gil to goldyeah.com...Has this happened to anyone else?

I haven't blacklisted him yet because I want to see just how long it's going to go on XD
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 08:56:59
Link | Citer | R

but... you picked lolalchemy, you can't be rich :p
[+]
 Pandemonium.Etolise
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Etolise
By Pandemonium.Etolise 2009-08-05 09:04:23
Link | Citer | R

It happened to me, only 5 tells in 30 mins tho lol. And I'm not rich ...

Really annoying tho :(
 Diabolos.Beaster
By Diabolos.Beaster 2009-08-05 09:11:37
Link | Citer | R

5 tells from the same person or different people? They're still coming as I type this, and I get gil tells trying to SELL me gil at the same time from other people XD

Just waiting for the price on gil to drop, so I can buy it for 32/mil and sell it for 34/mil :X
 Caitsith.Xiong
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-08-05 09:13:53
Link | Citer | R

lol if one person is spamming you, it sounds more like a real person spamming you. Or a broken program lol. that still sucks ^^ should just GM them for sure.
 Pandemonium.Etolise
By Pandemonium.Etolise 2009-08-05 09:17:25
Link | Citer | R

From the same person also selling lol. Then I started getting the brosale tells or w/e they are. I thought we were free of those. *pouts*
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 09:21:42
Link | Citer | R

We're free of them, yay closed server.
 Pandemonium.Etolise
By Pandemonium.Etolise 2009-08-05 09:26:38
Link | Citer | R

dammit lol, I knew I should have to gone Odin when the opportunity was there.
 Diabolos.Beaster
By Diabolos.Beaster 2009-08-05 09:57:14
Link | Citer | R

I don't find gil tells particularly annoying, except when I send a mt to them because they sent me an advertisement when I'm having a conversation with someone :P

By the way the current total is 107 tells over 3 hours
 Odin.Mugeded
user: bert92020
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-08-05 10:43:20
Link | Citer | R

damn if you think thats bad, when i stop playing ffxi and went over to diablo 2 on close battle.net, every single chat, game you join you get barrage with /tell from them. its gotten so bad that blizzard couldnt do anything about it.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-08-05 10:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone chatmon's working against rmt tells? Mine seems to do nothing about it :/
 Diabolos.Beaster
By Diabolos.Beaster 2009-08-05 11:02:09
Link | Citer | R

I had heard chatmon can block them, and people in my LS say it does work, just it would require me looking up how to turn off the "You are being talked about" part of it. Since I don't mind the gil tells all that much, I'd rather not put in the effort :P
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-08-05 11:05:17
Link | Citer | R

"You been examined" o.o
 Alexander.Garlend
Serveur: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2009-08-05 11:57:27
Link | Citer | R

the gil tells would stop if SE would stop that stupid 14day free trial. >.>
[+]
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-08-05 12:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Last night a guy in my LS started getting /tells from some gil seller, he told him to leave him alone and the person started spamming him with /tells. He ended up blacklisting him, but I think it's getting ridiculous and SE needs to do something about it. 8(
[+]
 Pandemonium.Abrianna
user: Abrianna
By Pandemonium.Abrianna 2009-08-05 12:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Silvaria said:
Last night a guy in my LS started getting /tells from some gil seller, he told him to leave him alone and the person started spamming him with /tells. He ended up blacklisting him, but I think it's getting ridiculous and SE needs to do something about it. 8(

Same thing happened to me, actually it happened for almost three days in a row. ;;
 Midgardsormr.Raistlin
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Wildman33
By Midgardsormr.Raistlin 2009-08-05 13:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Beaster said:
I had heard chatmon can block them, and people in my LS say it does work, just it would require me looking up how to turn off the "You are being talked about" part of it. Since I don't mind the gil tells all that much, I'd rather not put in the effort :P

After using the latest version of Chatmon two months ago I haven't had a single RMT tell. I would unload chatmon and be spammed with tells, so it does work great. And when new rmt tells come out its automatically updated so you don't have to edit anything. And those annoying voices i disabled, its quite easy actually.
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-05 19:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone else looked at this and wondered what would happen if an RMT wanting to buy gil sent a tell to an RMT wanting to sell gil?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-08-05 19:30:32
Link | Citer | R

happened to me the other day, got /tell from the same guy, every 2 minutes on the dot for over an hour, then blisted. had to blist 3 diff chars that day, all spamming me every 2 minutes. wasnt goldyeah though was pcgamerusa or summat.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-05 19:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Abrianna said:
Silvaria said:

Same thing happened to me, actually it happened for almost three days in a row. ;;

/comfort
I usually just tell them to go kill themselves but these tells were just epic lol
User submitted image
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-08-05 20:36:41
Link | Citer | R

I hate when RMT send me tells, makes me think someone actually wants to talk to me :( I get all excited then realize, *** only a RMT.

seriously tho, I blist rmts often before they even sent me a tell. Half of my blist is RMT... I really hate tho when you blist someone then the next person has a similar name I'm always like, wtf i blisted that person.

Tbh I agree 14 day free trial download online is stupid considering if you actually go get a copy of the game itself you get a 30 day free trial anyway. The game ranges from 9-15 bucks, give me a break. It's not that expensive if someone really wants to test it out then just buy the game lol test it, if you don't like it toss it. It's only 9-15 dollars anyone can get their hands on that tbh
[+]
 Diabolos.Beaster
By Diabolos.Beaster 2009-08-05 20:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Well, it lasted from 8 AM to 5 PM, that's 9 hours of gil tells from the same person.

User submitted image

As you can see, this is just the beginning of the onslaught, and I lost count after 5 hours or so with 200+ tells :P
 Remora.Ayrlie
Serveur: Remora
user: Kimmy78
By Remora.Ayrlie 2009-08-05 23:31:33
Link | Citer | R

i just go to menu > friend list > online status > AWAY

blocks those tells
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-05 23:57:31
Link | Citer | R

/blist add <r>
 Bismarck.Ajah
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ajah
By Bismarck.Ajah 2009-08-07 17:56:17
Link | Citer | R

I usually respond with something along the lines of
"glich es spriegel von Bughrt?

and then send it another two dozen times just to get the message across
 Shiva.Drteeth
Serveur: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-08-07 18:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Liquidz said:
Does anyone chatmon's working against rmt tells? Mine seems to do nothing about it :/

I had the same problem. Just update your ChatMon and it should work just fine.
 Siren.Broly
Serveur: Siren
user: Broly
By Siren.Broly 2009-08-07 19:14:39
Link | Citer | R

I get /tells all the time from brogames or something trying to sell gil. On avg i get 2 an hr. What sucks is there english and grammer is worse than mine, and thats saying alot lol. I just do like i do with phone salesman and ask if they have mail order brides. Supprisingly, i have yet to find any. Never have once got a /t from anyone wanting to buy gil. Calling a GM on them does nothing. Just get the usual answer of "We are working on the situation and we are sorry for the inconvience". I was also under the impression that the 14 day free trial had there own server for them. If they dont they should, lol.
[+]
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Pocoterremoto 2009-08-07 19:35:43
Link | Citer | R

Beaster said:
Well, it lasted from 8 AM to 5 PM, that's 9 hours of gil tells from the same person.

User submitted image

As you can see, this is just the beginning of the onslaught, and I lost count after 5 hours or so with 200+ tells :P

wow....thats a lot lol
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-08-07 20:10:03
Link | Citer | R

Happened to me this morning as well. Really annoying names like "Yfhfoghgodhabugod" that took twenty minutes to blacklist, by which point you've received another six tells. I was getting them every thirty seconds nearly from the same player.

Hope they do something about this. Once every hour is bad enough, but every thirty seconds?