DNC After Update
First Page 2
 Shiva.Octorok
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Eldarias
By Shiva.Octorok 2014-06-17 14:37:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm at work, so I haven't been able to play around with DNC yet, but how we looking after the update? Anyone get a chance to test anything?
[+]
By wormfeeder 2014-06-18 05:40:11
Link | Citer | R

I have been wanting to hear more myself, seeing as I wont be playing for a little while.
 Bismarck.Dachan
Serveur: Bismarck
user: dachan
By Bismarck.Dachan 2014-06-21 15:03:47
Link | Citer | R

With all the past updates does anyone have a more current optimal tp / ws set for DNC? Now that we can include the new delve II gear as well as the augmented WKR gear.

Does Horos Toe shoes +1 with Closed position merited beat out Qaaxo Leggings with DA +2 path. Same goes for relic/artifact +1 hands. Cna someone possible post some current gear sets? Thanks
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-06-21 17:35:08
Link | Citer | R

yes on toe shoes
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-06-21 18:11:09
Link | Citer | R

didnt keep up with dnc . what does the closed position augment on horos do ? more acc eva ?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-06-21 19:50:18
Link | Citer | R

3 STP per merit level. So Horos feet +1 give 20 STP with 5/5 Closed Position merits (they start with 5 STP).

Right now I have Saber Dance, CPx5, and NFRx4.
By Wordspoken 2014-06-21 21:09:05
Link | Citer | R

I get the impression we do more SC damage after the update.
By wormfeeder 2014-07-08 08:48:32
Link | Citer | R

after the July update with haste II dancer just became a sushi chef. wish I had a calculator handy to see what the delay is now.
 Phoenix.Xelnok
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Xelnok
By Phoenix.Xelnok 2014-07-11 11:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
3 STP per merit level. So Horos feet +1 give 20 STP with 5/5 Closed Position merits (they start with 5 STP).

Right now I have Saber Dance, CPx5, and NFRx4.

Just leveled DNC to 99 after playing it a little in the 95 era, i was wondering about merits. From a straight DPS perspective are horos shoes with 5/5 closed position better than the legs with 5/5 saber dance merits for the extra double attack?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-11 11:56:02
Link | Citer | R

Yes to all recent comments and questions.
 Phoenix.Xelnok
By Phoenix.Xelnok 2014-07-11 12:53:16
Link | Citer | R

What would be the order of importance for AF/Relic upgrading?(Primarily 109, not at the point where i can 119 any of the armor). So far i have the relic head/hands/legs, (and will keep farming dyna tav to try and get the body unless you would recommend going for the feet first?).

For weapons i was looking at Eminent Dagger/Homestead Dagger, and then maybe building the JSE dagger (if i can get someone to craft me a Jambiya, not gonna pay 800k for it on ah when its so cheap to make).

For rings i have eponas/rajas(and oneiros, +2TA), back atheling, waist windbuffet, earrings: brutal and working on suppa, and ammo im going to try and farm a charis feather.

As for armor that i am currently using i have the iuitl set.

How is this gear for starting out? Any semi-easy attainable gear that i can use to upgrade?

And lastly, what are you guys using your dnc for these days?

Thanks alot, i can't believe i had forgotten how fun this job can be, 8')
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-11 13:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Do you have access to a shark win? Iziikoh is an absolutely amazing weapon. Barring that, you could main-hand a rank 15 Sabebus, and for either option, offhand an OAT/Crit+4 Atoyac, or do Iziikoh/Sabebus for harder content.

Anyone got a good Evisceration set? This is my current set:

ItemSet 315691

Sadly I don't have a Wanion Belt, so I'm stuck with either elemental belt or Cuchulain.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-11 14:42:10
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Xelnok said: »
What would be the order of importance for AF/Relic upgrading?(Primarily 109, not at the point where i can 119 any of the armor). So far i have the relic head/hands/legs, (and will keep farming dyna tav to try and get the body unless you would recommend going for the feet first?).
I would get Horos Feet first, then get the body, Horos feet are also the 1st piece I recommend to get to 119 out of the set.

The Horos body is mainly nice to have for harder content when you are fully buffed, and also as a nofoot rise macro piece for extra tp on activation. For everyday soloing and farming things, Charis+2 Body is still your best in slot TP piece, especially for farming dyna/salvage.

As for additional reforge upgrading, aim to get the pieces that will build up your waltz potency set.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-07-11 15:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Horos Body is also your best WS slot for many WSs.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-11 15:07:54
Link | Citer | R

only if he stretches the upgrade to 119 though, if he's already got Iuitl/Mani/RoE grade body, a 109 horos body isnt that great
 Phoenix.Xelnok
By Phoenix.Xelnok 2014-07-12 15:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I would get Horos Feet first, then get the body, Horos feet are also the 1st piece I recommend to get to 119 out of the set.

The Horos body is mainly nice to have for harder content when you are fully buffed, and also as a nofoot rise macro piece for extra tp on activation. For everyday soloing and farming things, Charis+2 Body is still your best in slot TP piece, especially for farming dyna/salvage.

As for additional reforge upgrading, aim to get the pieces that will build up your waltz potency set.

Thanks for the replies. I just got the shoes to drop in dynamis qufim today, so those will be the first i upgrade. I also got the charis feather and bought a homestead dagger to use with eminent until i can replace it. I should have the af3+2 body finished by monday as well, are there any other af3 pieces that i should worry about upgrading (aside from the gloves/body)?

My plan is to get the reforged relic feet->af feet/af body/(relic body when i get the drop).

Last question is about the DNC jse weapon, i am assuming that it would be an awesome upgrade, but the jambiya needed to make it is selling for 800k-1mil, any idea why it costs so much?
By fractalvoid 2014-07-12 15:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Because it's used to make the JSE weapon. Maybe try getting the ingredients and finding a crater to make one for you as opposed to buying one out of a bazaar or off the auction house.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-12 16:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the replies. I just got the shoes to drop in dynamis qufim today, so those will be the first i upgrade. I also got the charis feather and bought a homestead dagger to use with eminent until i can replace it. I should have the af3+2 body finished by monday as well, are there any other af3 pieces that i should worry about upgrading (aside from the gloves/body)?

My plan is to get the reforged relic feet->af feet/af body/(relic body when i get the drop).

Last question is about the DNC jse weapon, i am assuming that it would be an awesome upgrade, but the jambiya needed to make it is selling for 800k-1mil, any idea why it costs so much?

Dancer is a job like any other where it gets better the more you are willing to spend on it. If someone wants to really get by with cheap gear or spend minimally:

ItemSet 319937
A set like this aside from the shoes which you'll have made in your case, is all 'free'.
After reforging horos +1 feet and augmenting the 3 WKR pieces in this set(haste augments on 2 pieces will cap haste), you could pretty much live in this TP set for farming dyna/salvage and be pretty competent.
WS sets are another matter entirely and historically the sets posted in this thread always aimed for best in slot and you'd have to backread to have an idea of what they entail.

Reforging the horos body to 119 would be your WS+DT piece when soloing harder things, and from there it really depends on what gear you have to choose from that you already own or are willing to spend on.

Reforging all the DNC armor past 109 makes the most sense only if you plan to main the job and do hard stuff with it, if you plan to just farm with it, my recommendations would be different.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-12 16:41:23
Link | Citer | R

One more thing for gearing up dancer, I would highly recommend unlocking the Phyrric Kleos ws if you don't have it so you can self darkness sc.
This helps damage output a decent amount when farming salvage (or just wanting to make things dead in a hurry) since its trivial to self skillchain.
 Phoenix.Xelnok
By Phoenix.Xelnok 2014-07-13 09:56:42
Link | Citer | R

Dancer is a job like any other where it gets better the more you are willing to spend on it. If someone wants to really get by with cheap gear or spend minimally:

ItemSet 319937
A set like this aside from the shoes which you'll have made in your case, is all 'free'.
After reforging horos +1 feet and augmenting the 3 WKR pieces in this set(haste augments on 2 pieces will cap haste), you could pretty much live in this TP set for farming dyna/salvage and be pretty competent.
WS sets are another matter entirely and historically the sets posted in this thread always aimed for best in slot and you'd have to backread to have an idea of what they entail.

Reforging the horos body to 119 would be your WS+DT piece when soloing harder things, and from there it really depends on what gear you have to choose from that you already own or are willing to spend on.

Reforging all the DNC armor past 109 makes the most sense only if you plan to main the job and do hard stuff with it, if you plan to just farm with it, my recommendations would be different.

So far my main goal to use DNC for is to burn through ToAU and Wings of the Goddess so i can get the final rewards for my pup and sch, my two main jobs. As for soloing ill probably still keep doing it on my pup, which can handle most things and actually does quite well in dynamis without having to deal with competition (although i probably will mess around with dnc/-- just to see how it compares.) With the homestead dagger as well ill probably use dnc as my go to job for rieves.

What im really curious about is how well would DNC work as a dps/utility in for example normal REM page battles 1-5/other end game like activities? I really enjoy playing the job and was thinking with haste samba/box step etc, dnc can add quite a bit of utility as well as be a SC machine. What do you think, how would dnc compare vs. random generic dd for a page shout group like these?

I did find someone to help me get the weapon from nyzul for pyrrhic kleos, so ill have that pretty soon as well.

I managed to get a jambiya crafted, so would you guys recommend getting the dnc JSE weapon, how does it compare to an augmented atoyac?

Lastly to sapphire, its not that money is really a problem, i'm ok spending money to gear out DNC and make it worthy (at least up to 1, maybe 2 million per item), the only thing i cant really do yet to upgrade it is use pages 6-10 because those pages are going to upgrade my pup/sch.

Thanks again for all the replies, and sorry if my questions are starting to become annoying, ~.O
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-13 10:04:16
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 319937

So far my main goal to use DNC for is to burn through ToAU and Wings of the Goddess so i can get the final rewards for my pup and sch, my two main jobs. As for soloing ill probably still keep doing it on my pup, which can handle most things and actually does quite well in dynamis without having to deal with competition (although i probably will mess around with dnc/-- just to see how it compares.) With the homestead dagger as well ill probably use dnc as my go to job for rieves.

What im really curious about is how well would DNC work as a dps/utility in for example normal REM page battles 1-5/other end game like activities? I really enjoy playing the job and was thinking with haste samba/box step etc, dnc can add quite a bit of utility as well as be a SC machine. What do you think, how would dnc compare vs. random generic dd for a page shout group like these?

I did find someone to help me get the weapon from nyzul for pyrrhic kleos, so ill have that pretty soon as well.

I managed to get a jambiya crafted, so would you guys recommend getting the dnc JSE weapon, how does it compare to an augmented atoyac?

Lastly to sapphire, its not that money is really a problem, i'm ok spending money to gear out DNC and make it worthy (at least up to 1, maybe 2 million per item), the only thing i cant really do yet to upgrade it is use pages 6-10 because those pages are going to upgrade my pup/sch.

Thanks again for all the replies, and sorry if my questions are starting to become annoying, ~.O

DNC as a DD on those is fine, put up that Super DT JA you have and kill the MNK or RNG and let the others kill the rest, you require minimal heals and can focus on DD as you become "like" a PLD for damage taken and can eat HF or EES.

DNC can do well in any content, its down to the player and gear though. LIke this MNK who did 8% total DPS on a Difficult runs.

Good Job Choice, bad player.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-07-15 19:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Polyhymnia isn't very good. The Regain on it basically refunds the cost of Haste Samba, which sounds way more useful than it actually is in practice. Izhiikoh/Sabebus.
 Phoenix.Xelnok
By Phoenix.Xelnok 2014-07-18 08:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Ok, thanks for the replies! Gave up on getting the polyhymnia and started working for the augmented atoyac.

Yesterday i was doing the shark wkr for the first time hoping for the dagger and even without gearswap/gear changing macroes i was able to steal hate from the shark and actually tanked it for 15% of its hp until i got 1 shot.

I was wondering how well dnc can work tanking the wkr naakuals? What gear suggestions would you recommend and which of the naakuals would you think are doable as a dnc, also what merits would you recommend and what subjob? I figure for some of the naakuals you really need /run to be able to take the magical side of the hits, but i just started doing them yesterday. I think dnc is going to be my go to job for them, especially when i have homestead dagger + atoyac, it was definitely alot of fun.

I also changed my mind on not spending pages on dnc, i just need the relic body and i can upgrade it straight to 119, and so far i started saving pages to upgrade the feet to 119 as well.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Serveur: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-07-18 08:58:05
Link | Citer | R

I've soloed WKR Shark as Dnc/Run no Trust. I've also got WKR Hurkan from 100% to 40% solo before people turned up and sped up the fight but I was in no danger of dying.

Runes are also good for taking our Aura from WKRs.
 Phoenix.Xelnok
By Phoenix.Xelnok 2014-07-18 09:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Ladyrikku said: »
I've soloed WKR Shark as Dnc/Run no Trust. I've also got WKR Hurkan from 100% to 40% solo before people turned up and sped up the fight but I was in no danger of dying.

Runes are also good for taking our Aura from WKRs.

Awesome, what gear and merits were you using? Also what do you mean by "taking our Aura?"( still kinda new to WKRs)
 Odin.Ladyrikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-07-18 09:17:14
Link | Citer | R

Naakuals (And Delve version) gain an aura (MDB/PDT etc) after using certain TP move , in the case of WKR-Shark, "Carcharian Verve". To remove these Aura you have to do thunder daamge to it (in the case for the first 3 Naakuals) and to go MB dmg for the other 3.

As for Gear I wear my MDT/PDT gear and always keep HP up as for shark Tidal Guillotine will KO you if you are in (yellow?) HP. It is actually easier solo than with the mass of WKR players as it puts you in control over the boss's TP moves instead of having it spam TP move back to back.

Overall DNC's a pretty fun job.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-18 09:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Ok, thanks for the replies! Gave up on getting the polyhymnia and started working for the augmented atoyac.

Yesterday i was doing the shark wkr for the first time hoping for the dagger and even without gearswap/gear changing macroes i was able to steal hate from the shark and actually tanked it for 15% of its hp until i got 1 shot.

I was wondering how well dnc can work tanking the wkr naakuals? What gear suggestions would you recommend and which of the naakuals would you think are doable as a dnc, also what merits would you recommend and what subjob? I figure for some of the naakuals you really need /run to be able to take the magical side of the hits, but i just started doing them yesterday. I think dnc is going to be my go to job for them, especially when i have homestead dagger + atoyac, it was definitely alot of fun.

I also changed my mind on not spending pages on dnc, i just need the relic body and i can upgrade it straight to 119, and so far i started saving pages to upgrade the feet to 119 as well.

I'm not as good of a dancer as a lot of the people that post here, but Wednesday I tanked Yumcax 100 > 35 before dying to doom that Holy Waters wouldn't take off, and I tanked Tchakka for most of its health without dying. I've tanked Achuka and Colkhab. It doesn't take that much, though I usually full-time Fan Dance because I don't have a healer.
By Ophannus 2014-07-18 11:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Was wondering how you're soloing Hurkan when static prison does like 4-5k and would imagine even with runes and /run's crappy barthunder, you'd eventually get unlucky and eat a 1/2 resist or non resisted Static Prison for pretty much all your HP. Also his aura must be a pain to take off solo. Isnt their aura damage threshold high since its a battle meant for 60+ people? I use to chainspell stone IV on rdm for 4k a pop and his aura still didnt come off for quite some time, would imagine on Dnc would take a while too.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-07-18 11:28:47
Link | Citer | R

I did Rudra > Rudra > Darkness > Lunge MB and it took off his aura everytime while solo.

And I don't recall how much I took from static prison but it was easily healed back with one Waltz V. His other TP moves were doing under 500 to me. (Bring remedies for Para). Besides he shouldn't be using static prison unless he is in aura state as far as I know.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-18 12:53:53
Link | Citer | R

Theres a chance the power of the NM increases some as more ppl are in zone. I tanked Hurkan solo with ease for a long time, then a bunch of ppl came in and it seemed as though his damage went up (perhaps it was just me noticing that he was TP'ing a lot more however)
First Page 2