Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 527 528 529 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-01 10:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I didn't make the initial claim about the number. I clarified the claim about the number. I never would have brought it up otherwise. BTW, a little birdie told me that you made a donation to the KKK last year. Don't try to deny it, you'll only be incriminating yourself by offering a counter-claim. Racist.
Why would you need to clarify the number of black friends you have? That proves just about as much as Nik's claim does. His is at least based on some sort of truth in other situations and you played out the role true to the sterotype lol...

Being as defensive as you are on the subject lends more truth to the claim than anything.
Being defensive about being racist must also lend more truth to the claim that you are racist than anything.

See how that ploy can work against you?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-01 10:34:50
Link | Citer | R

But Sparthy does! And he loves him some KKK Wednesdays.

Those Krispy Kreme Donuts are to die for.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-01 10:35:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I also heard that Spath kicked a black child yesterday too, and told him to get ready for bootstraping fun. That must be true because somebody told me that!

I always knew that Spath was a racist too, he even brought the KKK into the discussion, he must be a member!

Spath doesn't post in P&R ClownNobody
Sparth.

Sorry!
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-01 10:35:40
Link | Citer | R

I dunno, I didn't agree with him at first, but now that you're trying to defend yourself, I think you just might be a deflector.
defending myself? God you guys are getting desperate.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-01 10:36:09
Link | Citer | R

I dunno, I didn't agree with him at first, but now that you're trying to defend yourself, I think you just might be a deflector.
Hate it when your own arguments work against you?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-01 10:36:14
Link | Citer | R

I didn't make the initial claim about the number. I clarified the claim about the number. I never would have brought it up otherwise. BTW, a little birdie told me that you made a donation to the KKK last year. Don't try to deny it, you'll only be incriminating yourself by offering a counter-claim. Racist.
Why would you need to clarify the number of black friends you have? That proves just about as much as Nik's claim does. His is at least based on some sort of truth in other situations and you played out the role true to the sterotype lol...

Being as defensive as you are on the subject lends more truth to the claim than anything.

I'm sorry, I can't take any opinions seriously that were offered by deflecting racists.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-01 10:36:51
Link | Citer | R

I think we need a amendment to racism doctrine. You have to prove you are racist without a reasonable doubt !
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-05-01 10:37:09
Link | Citer | R

I saw that, but my point is, do they have enough evidence for a conviction? Or are these warrants politically motivated? I'm leaning towards the politically motivated part, to try to stop the rampant looting in Baltimore.

That's your opinion.

That is up to the jury to decide or for lawyers to plea bargain with.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-01 10:38:03
Link | Citer | R

You have to be proven racist in a court of law. Make an official certificate of racist.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-01 10:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Being defensive about being racist must also lend more truth to the claim that you are racist than anything.

See how that ploy can work against you?
I don't think that worked out how you wanted it to.. try again?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-01 10:40:35
Link | Citer | R

Careful now. The more you talk the harder it is to fight back those tears.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-01 10:41:08
Link | Citer | R

Hate it when your own arguments work against you?
I love that you think this is my own argument... lol...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-01 10:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Just let em out then man... It's ok I'm sure King will be there to hold you.
By fonewear 2015-05-01 10:43:40
Link | Citer | R

How can you argue at a time like this racism is running rampant in our streets !

Left unchecked racism will kill you and everyone you love !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-01 10:43:42
Link | Citer | R

I think the funniest thing about this whole couple pages of ***posting is that I never once called either of you racists...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-01 10:43:56
Link | Citer | R

Can we get back to who killed detroit because I would like to take credit for it.....

And?

When did the city start going to shambles, and which political party was in charge at that time?

We left King. And by We I mean White People and be We I mean Conservative People and by we I mean people Rich People with the money to move WE LEFT.

The cities went to ***when we pulled up our tent stakes and got the *** out.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-01 10:44:29
Link | Citer | R

I was talking about your tears. Then again, I would expect a deflector to play it as if I was talking about myself.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-01 10:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
I saw that, but my point is, do they have enough evidence for a conviction? Or are these warrants politically motivated? I'm leaning towards the politically motivated part, to try to stop the rampant looting in Baltimore.

That's your opinion.

That is up to the jury to decide or for lawyers to plea bargain with.

The medical examiner and independent investigators ruled it a pretty clear homicide and the prosecutor is laying down dozens of charges. Even to quell political unrest, that level of zeal is pretty over the top. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, but when you weigh the evidence presented in similar incidents recently and their failure to produce even an indictment, I'd imagine the evidence in this case is pretty overwhelming.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-01 10:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Can we get back to who killed detroit because I would like to take credit for it.....
And?

When did the city start going to shambles, and which political party was in charge at that time?
We left King. And by We I mean White People and be We I mean Conservative People and by we I mean people Rich People with the money to move WE LEFT.

The cities went to ***when we pulled up our tent stakes and got the *** out.

Sure. Let's start with why they left. Clearly they should have been more focused on the welfare of the city than protecting their own business interests. You know, like a business typically does.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-01 10:48:52
Link | Citer | R

Asian car manufacturers are a major reason Detroit failed. With foreign cars coming onto the market and having a better reputation than American ones, market share was lost. American cars have long had mixed opinion from their consumers but for a while, you could only really buy American!

Couple that with the fact that American cars had been trending towards muscle and inefficiency versus the more cost-minded Asian variants. Gas goes up, people want more fuel efficient car. Not some ***spewing my money everywhere. You saw this same problem pop up again recently in the SUV era. Asian cars trended towards efficient. Americans wanted giant house-sized cars guzzling gas and your paycheck.

Blacks and other poor people went to Detroit for jobs but when that shrunk, many of them got left behind. You can see the same problems in eh... any old rust belt, former manufacturing town. Poor whites, poor blacks, poor hispanics et al.

Jobs got outsourced, new players divvied up the market further. Talk about unions or partisan *** if you want but forces above politics exist.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-01 10:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Sure. Let's start with why they left. Clearly they should have been more focused on the welfare of the city than protecting their own business interests. You know, like a business typically does.

At the outset, it wasn't necessarily a bad business climate. It wasn't until the auto-makers started to collapse under their own weight that it was advantageous to get your money out of the city. Those withdrawals only hastened the inevitable crumbling of a metropolitan area whose foundation was set on an industry that had been in sharp decline for decades.

You can't blame people for jumping a sinking ship, but you can blame the oarsmen who put it on the rocks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-01 10:54:23
Link | Citer | R

Well we have to blame somebody, dang it. If we can't put a partisan spin on this, then how are we supposed to feel morally superior?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-01 10:56:59
Link | Citer | R

Well we have to blame somebody, dang it. If we can't put a partisan spin on this, then how are we supposed to feel morally superior?

I blame Al Sharpton cause *** it that's why !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-01 10:57:16
Link | Citer | R

I was talking about your tears. Then again, I would expect a deflector to play it as if I was talking about myself.
lol!
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-01 10:58:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
You can't blame people for jumping a sinking ship.

YES I CAN!

We abandoned them!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-01 10:59:34
Link | Citer | R

I couldn't care less about partisan viewpoint, both sides are guilty as hell in the case of Detroit. Allowing foreign imports to dominate the market by undercutting domestic manufacturers, unions bleeding the companies dry with legacy costs paid to spouses and dependents, city zoning essentially designing slums, poor education, suburban shifts and reversion...

There's plenty of blame to go around, but the question is: Why are we allowing a major metropolitan area to reduce to a blown out combat zone? Why did we allow a domestic industry to collapse while parading the success of their foreign manufacturing shifts? Why do we still allow foreign goods to compete with domestic goods while not requiring them to meet the same fair practice and compensation standards?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-01 11:00:24
Link | Citer | R

You're the one adding partisan *** when the oft-worshipped free market is the reason Detroit failed.

I mean, that was the reason Mitt Romney said it should have all failed. No bailout. Because that's the business answer. Funny enough, telling Americans your job isn't worth the paper it's printed on doesn't go over well politically. On either side.

Commence spin.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-01 11:08:43
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You're the one adding partisan *** when the oft-worshipped free market is the reason Detroit failed. I mean, that was the reason Mitt Romney said it should have all failed. No bailout. Because that's the business answer. Funny enough, telling Americans your job isn't worth the paper it's printed on doesn't go over well politically. On either side. Commence spin.

Accuses me of partisan spin with Detroit... and then immediately begins partisan spin. Huh.

Jassik's response was better.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-01 11:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

I couldn't care less about partisan viewpoint, both sides are guilty as hell in the case of Detroit. Allowing foreign imports to dominate the market by undercutting domestic manufacturers, unions bleeding the companies dry with legacy costs paid to spouses and dependents, city zoning essentially designing slums, poor education, suburban shifts and reversion...

There's plenty of blame to go around, but the question is: Why are we allowing a major metropolitan area to reduce to a blown out combat zone? Why did we allow a domestic industry to collapse while parading the success of their foreign manufacturing shifts? Why do we still allow foreign goods to compete with domestic goods while not requiring them to meet the same fair practice and compensation standards?

I can do it in one word: racism. That's what killed Detroit !

According to my racism rulebook. Racism is the cause of all our problems.

Look at the Detroit riots of 1967 also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_Detroit_riot
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-01 11:12:06
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I can do it in one word: racism. That's what killed Detroit !

If only complex issues could be boiled down to a single "ism"... Conservatism! Liberalism! Racism! Sexism! Botulism!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 527 528 529 ... 1375 1376 1377