Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 477 478 479 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-03 09:18:54
Link | Citer | R

foney can you crop this picture and use it as your avatar?

[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-03 09:19:20
Link | Citer | R

I would but I don't have photo editing tools.

This one might work bit small though: too hard to read text

[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Serveur: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-03 09:28:54
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
I don't support Disney/Pixar movies but okay !

Are you one of those sticks-in-the-mud who only likes non-computer animation?

No I just don't like kid movies.

By fonewear 2015-04-03 09:34:48
Link | Citer | R

I wish we could use larger pics as avatars cause this would be perfect:

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-03 09:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I was once young and idealistic then I got old and bitter !
You are NOT old.

I am staring 71 in the eyeteeth.

I refuse to admit that I am old.

Older than you oh **** yes.

Old is a number or an attitude. I haven't the attitude. I'm still radical.

Being old is an attitude, never look back, stay young forever! I have so many friends in their 30s who think that because they're not in their 20s anymore they're not suppose to have any fun.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-03 09:37:27
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You are NOT old.

Being old is an attitude, never look back, stay young forever! I have so many friends in their 30s who think that because they're not in their 20s anymore they're not suppose to have any fun.

If I acted my age would I be on a video game forum looking for the perfect picture of "walking on sunshine" girl. I think not !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-03 09:47:52
Link | Citer | R

She is actually sorta cute when she isn't "walking on sunshine"

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-03 09:50:28
Link | Citer | R

You are NOT old.

If I acted my age would I be on a video game forum looking for the perfect picture of "walking on sunshine" girl. I think not !

We know a mans age by how many failed marriages he's had.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-03 09:50:42
Link | Citer | R

grandma chanti claims she is pushing 71 and still posts here... of course she also supplements her SSI by hand making leather gimp suits....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-03 09:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Everyone in the office heard me laugh at that one Nik.

I just pictured in a rocking chair, with a pair of knitting needles pouring out zippered masks.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-03 09:59:12
Link | Citer | R

Damn it now I have to watch Pulp Fiction again: "Five dollars for a milkshake...they don't put any bourbon in it ?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-04-03 10:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Everyone in the office heard me laugh at that one Nik.

I just pictured in a rocking chair, with a pair of knitting needles pouring out zippered masks.
Sewing machine and office chair.

It will sew through your Singer before breakfast.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-03 10:27:50
Link | Citer | R

I don't really have any hobbies per se. I used to play guitar years ago but lost interest in it.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-03 11:31:11
Link | Citer | R

It will sew through your Singer before breakfast.

she'll sew you into a sack so fast you'll think you went blind!

....and now I have to go look up who wrote that joke....

edit: hunter s thompson, songs of the doomed
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-04-03 11:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Reliable source: Just trust me!
Quote:
***-posting Stifles P & R Discussion

New York City – As Mark steps onto his commuter train, coffee in hand, he resumes progress on his 2015 New Year’s Resolution.

In order to broaden his perspective, Mark began reading news contributions on an FFXIAH.com P & R (Politics and Religion) thread as a daily reminder that his opinion is not always as educated as he’d like to believe.

“Well, it began with my dissatisfaction with news bias. I found that I only watched news analysis I agreed with, and because I agreed with it, it further confirmed my deep confirmation bias about things.”

FFXIAH.com, a website for monitoring trends of pricing for items bought and sold online through the mmorpg Final Fantasy XI, has been host to a number of notable threads over the past decade.
Some visitors regularly visit the “Pics that make you LOL” thread for daily laughs or a morale booster. Others prefer the “Random Thoughts” in order to feel connected through the internet while bored at school or work.

P & R (Politics and Religion) is a thread created in an effort to keep conversation about sensitive issues such as abortion, global warming, and circumcision out of otherwise general discussion.

However, that has all changed.

As Mark pulls up the latest page, he observes 8 pages of discussion have been contributed since yesterday morning. Starting with the last post he made yesterday, he begins to read replies and new articles contributed for discussion. He reads from his smart-phone in his right hand, holding is coffee in his left, in order to stifle the urge to reply to day-old posts. He, then, stumbles upon this:

“I don't really have any hobbies per se. I used to play guitar years ago but lost interest in it.”

Mark makes a mental note about asking where that places the poster on the political/religious spectrum. As he continues, he then stumbles upon this:

“No I just don't like kid movies.”

Another thought provoking gem that could only be found here in P & R, Mark quips.

As Mark steps off the train, he begins to think about whether or not he will be able to make any progress toward accomplishing his New Year’s Resolution by reading FFXIAH P & R. It turns out that Mark is not alone.

Washington DC - Sandra (31) is a researcher with the FFXIAH News Education division. When informed about Mark’s situation Sandra had this to say:

“P & R began as an attempt to sequester posts and posters away from general discussions. Over the past 3 months, we have seen a dramatic increase in ‘***-posting’ (posts not belonging in this thread). Where 6-months ago the ratio of P & R specific posts to ‘***-posts’ ranged from 4:1 to 5:3, we are now seeing a dramatic shift ranging from 1:7 to 1:19. ”

When asked about what may have caused the increase of ‘***-posting’ Sandra had this to say:

“Overall, the dramatic rise in ***-posting can be attributed to two posters. I cannot speculate as to what drives them to treat the thread as they would a Facebook Status Update, Twitter Feed, Live Journal, or SMS text message to a bored coworker.”

Sandra further elaborated on why anyone should care about the integrity of the P & R thread.

“Although FFXIAH.com P & R is a smaller thread on the site, it gives posters an opportunity to discuss topics that might be offensive or discussion stifling to readers in other threads. It was specifically created for this purpose.

There are other threads designed to be treated like social media such as “Random thoughts,” “Final Fantasy Linkshell Ni,” and “TTOF – Seriously a serious linkshell.”

The bottom line is this: If you block Fonewear and Chaosx, the number of posts displayed per page in the thread, on average, becomes 3 where it used to display 20. In doing so, you will see a 700% increase in posts belonging in the thread. “

Meanwhile, Mark has finished up his long day at work and is headed home. Without his hot beverage to occupy his left hand, he has decided that “covert masturbation” is a better use of his time than reading FFXIAH: P & R in its current state.

“The differing reactions on other passengers faces when they realize I’m beating-off is infinitely more profound than what I see in the ‘***-posting’ on P & R.”

We can only hope that, for the sake of the other passengers Mark will encounter during his commute, something can be done to rectify what P & R has become.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-03 11:49:36
Link | Citer | R

and rather than actually contribute in a meaningful way, Mark broke the thread with alanis morissette irony in the tldr version of the REO Speedwaggon classic... I can't fight this feeling any longer...

[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-04-03 11:58:42
Link | Citer | R

1) I'm thinking if your post gets a pass, so does the post above. If commenting on "news" meets the standard of the thread (your post) then that means the news must meet the standard of the thread (my post).

Otherwise your comment is equally misplaced and ironic+1.

2) You meant the poster, not Mark.

3)Forgot to ask!

"Covert Masturbation" yay or nay?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-03 12:29:58
Link | Citer | R

Maybe obama didn't like the way menendez was leaning and took him out.

nytimes first draft
By fonewear 2015-04-03 14:02:03
Link | Citer | R

Lye said: »
Reliable source: Just trust me!
Quote:
***-posting Stifles P & R Discussion

New York City – As Mark steps onto his commuter train, coffee in hand, he resumes progress on his 2015 New Year’s Resolution.

In order to broaden his perspective, Mark began reading news contributions on an FFXIAH.com P & R (Politics and Religion) thread as a daily reminder that his opinion is not always as educated as he’d like to believe.

“Well, it began with my dissatisfaction with news bias. I found that I only watched news analysis I agreed with, and because I agreed with it, it further confirmed my deep confirmation bias about things.”

FFXIAH.com, a website for monitoring trends of pricing for items bought and sold online through the mmorpg Final Fantasy XI, has been host to a number of notable threads over the past decade.
Some visitors regularly visit the “Pics that make you LOL” thread for daily laughs or a morale booster. Others prefer the “Random Thoughts” in order to feel connected through the internet while bored at school or work.

P & R (Politics and Religion) is a thread created in an effort to keep conversation about sensitive issues such as abortion, global warming, and circumcision out of otherwise general discussion.

However, that has all changed.

As Mark pulls up the latest page, he observes 8 pages of discussion have been contributed since yesterday morning. Starting with the last post he made yesterday, he begins to read replies and new articles contributed for discussion. He reads from his smart-phone in his right hand, holding is coffee in his left, in order to stifle the urge to reply to day-old posts. He, then, stumbles upon this:

“I don't really have any hobbies per se. I used to play guitar years ago but lost interest in it.”

Mark makes a mental note about asking where that places the poster on the political/religious spectrum. As he continues, he then stumbles upon this:

“No I just don't like kid movies.”

Another thought provoking gem that could only be found here in P & R, Mark quips.

As Mark steps off the train, he begins to think about whether or not he will be able to make any progress toward accomplishing his New Year’s Resolution by reading FFXIAH P & R. It turns out that Mark is not alone.

Washington DC - Sandra (31) is a researcher with the FFXIAH News Education division. When informed about Mark’s situation Sandra had this to say:

“P & R began as an attempt to sequester posts and posters away from general discussions. Over the past 3 months, we have seen a dramatic increase in ‘***-posting’ (posts not belonging in this thread). Where 6-months ago the ratio of P & R specific posts to ‘***-posts’ ranged from 4:1 to 5:3, we are now seeing a dramatic shift ranging from 1:7 to 1:19. ”

When asked about what may have caused the increase of ‘***-posting’ Sandra had this to say:

“Overall, the dramatic rise in ***-posting can be attributed to two posters. I cannot speculate as to what drives them to treat the thread as they would a Facebook Status Update, Twitter Feed, Live Journal, or SMS text message to a bored coworker.”

Sandra further elaborated on why anyone should care about the integrity of the P & R thread.

“Although FFXIAH.com P & R is a smaller thread on the site, it gives posters an opportunity to discuss topics that might be offensive or discussion stifling to readers in other threads. It was specifically created for this purpose.

There are other threads designed to be treated like social media such as “Random thoughts,” “Final Fantasy Linkshell Ni,” and “TTOF – Seriously a serious linkshell.”

The bottom line is this: If you block Fonewear and Chaosx, the number of posts displayed per page in the thread, on average, becomes 3 where it used to display 20. In doing so, you will see a 700% increase in posts belonging in the thread. “

Meanwhile, Mark has finished up his long day at work and is headed home. Without his hot beverage to occupy his left hand, he has decided that “covert masturbation” is a better use of his time than reading FFXIAH: P & R in its current state.

“The differing reactions on other passengers faces when they realize I’m beating-off is infinitely more profound than what I see in the ‘***-posting’ on P & R.”

We can only hope that, for the sake of the other passengers Mark will encounter during his commute, something can be done to rectify what P & R has become.

TLDR Something about contributing.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-04-03 14:06:04
Link | Citer | R

CNN on the Menendez case:

Menendez indictment: 3 girlfriends, 7 lavish trips, more than $750,000

TLDR: Prosecution's problem, they have been friends for over 20 years.

Defense's problem, it sure gives the appearance of corruption.
By fonewear 2015-04-03 14:07:33
Link | Citer | R

3 girlfriends 2 I would let pass but 3 is pushing your luck.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-04-03 14:41:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm thinking if your post gets a pass, so does the post above.

no.... it doesn't work that way at all.

you're fired!
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-04-03 15:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

you're fired!

I'm glad you acknowledge your contribution to the ***-posting!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-04-03 15:40:37
Link | Citer | R

you're fired!

Well, it takes a lot of work to get where I'm at, where every post is pure intellectual gold.

Here's a raccoon getting a little too friendly with a dog.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-03 17:43:55
Link | Citer | R

you're fired!

The only one ***-posting is you.

I report the news that seems interesting.

Don't like it?

Post some real news instead of some ramblings you made up.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-03 17:53:30
Link | Citer | R

You want ***I'll give you ***:

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-03 18:10:30
Link | Citer | R

CNN on the Menendez case:

Menendez indictment: 3 girlfriends, 7 lavish trips, more than $750,000

TLDR: Prosecution's problem, they have been friends for over 20 years.

Defense's problem, it sure gives the appearance of corruption.

The problem is, this is like nailing a mobster on tax evasion. Can't get them for the real stuff they did so you make this other stuff stick.

Maybe obama didn't like the way menendez was leaning and took him out.

nytimes first draft
I want to say yes at first, but really Menendez has been a problem way before Iran.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-03 18:35:46
Link | Citer | R

Love letter to P and R:

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-03 18:38:06
Link | Citer | R

$5?! Get out of here!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-03 18:41:02
Link | Citer | R

In Hillary news:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/hillary-clinton-campaign-headquarters-brooklyn-116649.html?hp=t3_r

The chaotic weeks of working out of Starbucks, friends’ Manhattan pads, and a tiny office space will soon come to an end for Hillary Clinton’s early staffers — they’re officially setting up shop at 1 Pierrepont Plaza in Brooklyn Heights.

A lease has been signed at that location for Clinton’s campaign headquarters, according to a source familiar with the deal. The operation will occupy two full floors of the building, which is close to 12 subway lines and a dozen bus lines. The Clinton team will be taking the space as is – with no buildout.

Having the ink dry on the lease indicates that Clinton’s official announcement will be coming very soon. Federal Election Commission rules state that a candidate has only 15 days between conducting campaign activities and filing the official 2016 paperwork, and the lease signing could start the clock on an official launch.

A Clinton campaign spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

On its website, the building at 1 Pierrepont Plaza markets it as “Modern Offices. Brooklyn Cool.”
First Page 2 3 ... 477 478 479 ... 1375 1376 1377