Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 316 317 318 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Only thing I spend a bit extra on is beer. It's part of the food pyramid.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-23 19:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I love how far left lunatics are ready to suicide bomb McDonald's yet they ignore that every single sandwich at their hipster paradise Panera Bread has more calories than a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and they toss in a baguette. Is it just that unseemly poor people don't have the opportunity to partake in their Panera Bread?

I never really understood the appeal behind sandwich shops. I mean, yeah, sandwiches can be good, but there are like a bajillion in the city where I live that think they do it better than anyone else. What, is the way that you shove meat, cheese, vegetables, etc. into bread so revolutionary and unique that nobody else can match the exquisite genius it takes to run a sandwich shop like you do?
My experience has been that they tend to market on the nature of their sauces since the meat, cheese, and vegetables are going to be roughly the same regardless. Then again, half the artisan sandwich shops I run into are basically selling on the prestige of their brand, like claiming they serve the vegan community or some other such nonsense.

Verda said: »
>Checks Asiago Roast Beef
360.0 Calories

>Checks Large Big Mac Combo meal
1,190.0 calories.

Cool well, choices matter. I'd still take the Panera bread because *** that pink ***they use to make the Beef pass FDA standards but then again I don't really want to eat at either place.
Surely you know the difference between a single sandwich and a full meal. Especially when a meal at McDonald's contains a huge mass of carbohydrate calories from fries, if not also a sugared soda.

If you actually look at the size of the food McDonald's sells, though, they're practically health food these days. A $1 McDouble, which is a thoroughly adequate lunch (maybe with a small fries if you really must), is actually the size a burger should be. Go to Wendy's or one of the up-market competitors like Five Guys and see how huge their sandwiches are. I don't particularly like McDonald's, but I think they get too much stink for other companies' ***.

Also, got proof for that pink goo claim?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Long as it is organic pink slime I'm ok with this !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Not only should you tell people what to eat you should preach to them also !

No organic fruits or vegetables grow your own ! No organic beef well buy a cow !

I personally get my vegetables from Michelle Obama's garden.
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:48:57
Link | Citer | R

See the problem with McDonald's is they are everywhere you can't avoid it. Give in to temptation ! You are weak my friends !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-23 19:49:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm just waiting for the chance to go into a restaurant and have my mind blown. Almost every time someone mentions a place that's "so good!", I get my hopes up, try it, and get let down. Oh well, there's always Thai food to fall back on. Thai curry has never failed me.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:50:05
Link | Citer | R

There was an Indian place I used to love but I think it went out of business.

The hummus there was amazing.

I really like Greek food too. Not enough good Greek places near me.

I don't care if lamb is bad for you I could eat it all the time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-23 19:52:55
Link | Citer | R

>Checks Asiago Roast Beef
360.0 Calories

>Checks Large Big Mac Combo meal
1,190.0 calories.

Cool well, choices matter. I'd still take the Panera bread because *** that pink ***they use to make the Beef pass FDA standards but then again I don't really want to eat at either place.

Asiago Steak sandwich has 780 calories.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-02-23 19:53:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I love how far left lunatics are ready to suicide bomb McDonald's yet they ignore that every single sandwich at their hipster paradise Panera Bread has more calories than a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and they toss in a baguette.

Is it just that unseemly poor people don't have the opportunity to partake in their Panera Bread?
lolwut
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:56:31
Link | Citer | R

If you want to gain weight just get drink a mocha frappuccino every day !
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-23 19:57:51
Link | Citer | R

If you wanna eat pink slime go for it. Go to town. Just um. Don't share my health insurance I don't want my rates to go up.
The pink slime in question was demonstrably useless, but simply because food has been rendered in a strange way doesn't mean it's automatically gross. If pureeing beef allows a company to produce a consistent, easily shippable product that meets its customers' demands in terms of quality and flavor, does it matter that midway through the manufacturing process it looks different than expected?

I make meringue cookies quite often. It starts off as egg whites, which are moderately gross when sitting quietly in a bowl. You'd never know the finished result was just egg white and sugar, nor does knowledge of the process stop people devouring the stuff when I make it.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'm just waiting for the chance to go into a restaurant and have my mind blown. Almost every time someone mentions a place that's "so good!", I get my hopes up, try it, and get let down.
Glad I'm not the only one. Call me a snob or whatever, but if it hasn't been hand-prepared by me or one of my friends (and we're not ingredient snobs, either, we use standard stuff instead of something that costs 4x as much because the farmer gave his carrots a shiatsu massage every evening or whatever), it rarely tastes very good. There's probably a psychological reason. About the only thing that I can't properly reproduce is really good pizza because American kitchens don't have the right ovens.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 20:00:37
Link | Citer | R

I have to admit Starbucks does make some damn good drinks. Just for what you pay I'd still take a beer.
By fonewear 2015-02-23 20:02:14
Link | Citer | R

If you want to see some good stuff to eat watch. No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain.
By fonewear 2015-02-23 20:05:11
Link | Citer | R

I have no complaints with my local Starbucks people. Even if they are raging liberals !
By Jetackuu 2015-02-23 20:05:22
Link | Citer | R

Oh hey I guess they stopped using it:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Only took a celebrity chef campaigning against it for years. i wonder what their alternative is now. never mind I don't want to know :D I've lost enough faith in humanity lately.
Yeah, that whole thing was a rather widely spread myth that's been repeatedly debunked.
By fonewear 2015-02-23 20:06:36
Link | Citer | R

I've had better coffee but I'm not driving an hour to get a good cup of coffee...not when I could walk to Starbucks.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-23 20:06:51
Link | Citer | R

I'm still trying to get my tongue to register feel-good ingredients, but it isn't working. There was also a study that says that food tastes better the more you pay for it. You know, because human psychology is stupid.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 20:07:21
Link | Citer | R

The more I drink the better things taste ! Last time I got drunk Chicken McNuggets were amazing.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 20:11:19
Link | Citer | R

I'd just give up red meat you'd be better for it !

I do enjoy a good steak though...
By Bloodrose 2015-02-23 20:12:23
Link | Citer | R

The human psyche tends to look at how well a meal or food item is presented in regards to tastes. This is supposed to trump how well something smells or costs, or even how prestigious it's origins sound.

When you're at a restaurant, you tend to "eat with your eyes" more so than your other senses. If it looks good, it has to taste good, right? Doesn't matter if it smells like 4 day old festering barfsoup in a toilet.
By fonewear 2015-02-23 20:14:02
Link | Citer | R

I eat cause I need to sober up ! Well I used to drink a good bit a few years ago. I've cut back a lot

Let's jut say drinking responsibly isn't very fun...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-23 20:17:01
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Oh hey I guess they stopped using it:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Only took a celebrity chef campaigning against it for years. i wonder what their alternative is now. never mind I don't want to know :D I've lost enough faith in humanity lately.
Yeah, that whole thing was a rather widely spread myth that's been repeatedly debunked.

I guess all that legislation and thousands of media outlets were just lead on huh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_slime
Yes:

your link said:
In September 2012 BPI filed a lawsuit against American Broadcasting Company for false claims.[12]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-23 20:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
The human psyche tends to look at how well a meal or food item is presented in regards to tastes. This is supposed to trump how well something smells or costs, or even how prestigious it's origins sound. When you're at a restaurant, you tend to "eat with your eyes" more so than your other senses. If it looks good, it has to taste good, right? Doesn't matter if it smells like 4 day old festering barfsoup in a toilet.

Maybe it works that way for people in general, I don't know. The last time I ate at a fancy restaurant with artsy plating the food didn't even taste as good as something off a dollar menu. It was a popular place, though, so clearly some people thought it was good.
First Page 2 3 ... 316 317 318 ... 1375 1376 1377