Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 315 316 317 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-02-23 14:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Brian Williams is last I heard working at the Huff Post.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-23 14:50:46
Link | Citer | R

The oft-forgotten 11th plague on Egypt:

[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 14:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Photo shop Hillary and you got her new campaign poster !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-23 14:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
A theory of everything might be impossible to come by — but a theory of humankind’s potential destruction is not, says Stephen Hawking.

The British theoretical physicist fears that human aggression may be the tragic flaw that could lead to our demise.

“The human failing I would most like to correct is aggression,” Hawking said, according to a blog post on the website for London’s Science Museum. “It may have had survival advantage in caveman days, to get more food, territory or partner with whom to reproduce, but now it threatens to destroy us all.”

A major nuclear war could be the end of civilization and possibly the human race, he said.

“The quality I would most like to magnify is empathy. It brings us together in a peaceful, loving state,” he added.
Stephen Hawking fears human aggression could 'destroy us all,' calls for more empathy
By fonewear 2015-02-23 14:52:47
Link | Citer | R

More empathy coming from a smug scientist ! Sounds right !

Aggression is good women like it !

He must have left out the global warming/ asteroid destroying the Earth part.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-23 14:55:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So it was Bill O'Reilly who was shooting at the helicopter Brian Williams was in!

Case closed.

Well to be fair, he clearly told the chopper this was a....no spin zone.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 14:57:51
Link | Citer | R

I guess even the smartest man in the world can be naive !
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 14:58:49
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
More empathy coming from a smug scientist ! Sounds right !

Aggression is good women like it !

He must have left out the global warming/ asteroid destroying the Earth part.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-23 15:03:32
Link | Citer | R

If we end our civilization with nuclear weapons, so be it. We had a good 10,000 year run and perhaps a future species can learn from our failings. If we're so eager for the apocalypse then let us embrace the void.

*insert Neo-Exdeath theme here*
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-02-23 15:10:19
Link | Citer | R

perhaps a future species can learn

Lizard men, seize the day!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-23 15:10:39
Link | Citer | R

*insert Neo-Exdeath theme here*
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-23 15:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Ex-death metal album cover?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-23 15:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Up there in the ranks of dinosaur bones and Renaissance art comes the star of our daily cabinet of curiosities (#AMH). And no, it’s not a petrified mummy or a two-headed anomaly, but rather, something more relevant and clever.

In a move that will likely one day see future generations looking back and gasping in horror, Iceland has taken its last McDonald’s meal ever sold and placed it on display at a bus hostel in Reykjavik.

Iceland joined the movement of countries saying ‘farewell‘ to the multi-national fast-food chain back in 2009, after low sales and expensive importing fees caused McD’s to pull out of business for good.

The final day that McDonald’s was open in Iceland was October 31, 2009, and on that day a man named Hjortur Smarason purchased a meal as a souvenir. Smarason had no intention of actually eating it, but wanted to hang onto it out of curiosity and because he saw it as a “piece of history.”

At its new home at the Bus Hostel in Reykjavik, the burger and fries sit on display in front of a webcam, where people all over the world can watch in morbid curiosity.

So far, the meal on display has lived up to its “franken-food” reputation, showing not the slightest sign of decomposition and indubitably further sealing the deal on Iceland`s departure from the mega-chain.

McDonald’s has been a hot topic among the CE community over the years, be sure to read more shocking facts about the franken-food chain in the links below.

YouTube Video Placeholder
Iceland Did Something Epically Clever With The Last McDonald’s Meal They Ever Sold
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 16:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
Up there in the ranks of dinosaur bones and Renaissance art comes the star of our daily cabinet of curiosities (#AMH). And no, it’s not a petrified mummy or a two-headed anomaly, but rather, something more relevant and clever.

In a move that will likely one day see future generations looking back and gasping in horror, Iceland has taken its last McDonald’s meal ever sold and placed it on display at a bus hostel in Reykjavik.

Iceland joined the movement of countries saying ‘farewell‘ to the multi-national fast-food chain back in 2009, after low sales and expensive importing fees caused McD’s to pull out of business for good.

The final day that McDonald’s was open in Iceland was October 31, 2009, and on that day a man named Hjortur Smarason purchased a meal as a souvenir. Smarason had no intention of actually eating it, but wanted to hang onto it out of curiosity and because he saw it as a “piece of history.”

At its new home at the Bus Hostel in Reykjavik, the burger and fries sit on display in front of a webcam, where people all over the world can watch in morbid curiosity.

So far, the meal on display has lived up to its “franken-food” reputation, showing not the slightest sign of decomposition and indubitably further sealing the deal on Iceland`s departure from the mega-chain.

McDonald’s has been a hot topic among the CE community over the years, be sure to read more shocking facts about the franken-food chain in the links below.

Iceland Did Something Epically Clever With The Last McDonald’s Meal They Ever Sold

Not enough beer in the world to begin to comprehend this !
By fonewear 2015-02-23 17:09:24
Link | Citer | R

We need more Presidential debates like this !

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-23 18:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's claim that Iran was a year away from making a nuclear bomb was contradicted by his secret services, according to reports Monday citing leaked documents.

The inconsistency was revealed in a cache of communications between South African intelligence services and their global partners -- including Israel's Mossad and America's CIA -- that were leaked to Qatar-based news network Al-Jazeera and Britain's The Guardian daily.

In 2012 Netanyahu told world leaders at the United Nations that Iran could create a nuclear weapon within a year, brandishing a diagram in the form of a lit bomb to indicate the advanced state of Tehran's development effort.

He warned the world that unless Iran was stopped, as of mid-2013 it would only need "a few months, or even a few weeks" of additional uranium enrichment activity to develop a bomb.

But weeks after the speech, Mossad shared a report with South African intelligence which concluded Iran was "not performing the activity necessary to produce weapons," according to the Guardian.

The discrepancy, the paper said, "highlights the gulf between the public claims and rhetoric of top Israeli politicians and the assessments of Israel's military and intelligence establishment."

The revelations come at a politically sensitive moment as the United States, China, Russia, Britain, France and Germany face a March 31 deadline to reach a deal with Iran to limit its nuclear programme in return for an easing of economic sanctions.

Iran denies seeking an atomic bomb, insisting that its nuclear programme is purely for peaceful energy purposes.

An Israeli government official told the Guardian that there was no contradiction between Netanyahu's statements and the report, claiming both state Iran was enriching uranium to produce weapons.

The leaked documents dating from 2006 to late 2014 consist mainly of communications between South Africa's intelligence agency and other agencies around the world, such as Britain's MI6, Russian intelligence and the CIA.
Leaks contradict Israel's claim Iran was close to bomb
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Iran using nuclear energy for "peaceful purposes" and I enjoy women for their personalities !
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-23 19:04:11
Link | Citer | R

I love how far left lunatics are ready to suicide bomb McDonald's yet they ignore that every single sandwich at their hipster paradise Panera Bread has more calories than a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and they toss in a baguette.

Is it just that unseemly poor people don't have the opportunity to partake in their Panera Bread?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Panera is the Starbucks of fast food !

It's not a turkey sandwich it's an artisan sandwich !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-23 19:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
A federal judge in Springfield is expected to decide Friday whether to revoke the bail of the daughter of President Obama’s former pastor, who was convicted of money-laundering.

Jeri Wright is awaiting sentencing for her role in a scheme by a Chicago businessman and his wife to fraudulently use $3.4 million in state grants. The daughter of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. was found guilty last year of money laundering and perjury. Wright allegedly pocketed about $11,000 of the misspent state money.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports prosecutors claim Wright “committed theft” by accepting $8,192 from a temporary staffing agency “for work she never performed” for an Indiana company. She hasn’t been charged.

Prosecutors say Wright’s alleged theft violates the terms of her bail and are asking U.S. District Judge Sue E. Myerscough to revoke it.

During then Sen. Obama’s presidential campaign in 2008, video surfaced of Jeremiah Wright saying “God damn America” during a sermon.
Daughter Of Obama’s Former Pastor Jeremiah Wright Accused Of Stealing Thousands In Funds
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-23 19:11:14
Link | Citer | R

800 calorie Turkey Sandwiches
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Chicago thug's daughter is a thug I'm shocked !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-23 19:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I love how far left lunatics are ready to suicide bomb McDonald's yet they ignore that every single sandwich at their hipster paradise Panera Bread has more calories than a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and they toss in a baguette. Is it just that unseemly poor people don't have the opportunity to partake in their Panera Bread?

I never really understood the appeal behind sandwich shops. I mean, yeah, sandwiches can be good, but there are like a bajillion in the city where I live that think they do it better than anyone else. What, is the way that you shove meat, cheese, vegetables, etc. into bread so revolutionary and unique that nobody else can match the exquisite genius it takes to run a sandwich shop like you do?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Why Subway is successful is beyond me.
By fonewear 2015-02-23 19:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Panera does make a few good sandwiches but they are way overpriced.

You might as well make a turkey sandwich at home.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-23 19:37:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I love how far left lunatics are ready to suicide bomb McDonald's yet they ignore that every single sandwich at their hipster paradise Panera Bread has more calories than a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and they toss in a baguette. Is it just that unseemly poor people don't have the opportunity to partake in their Panera Bread?

I never really understood the appeal behind sandwich shops. I mean, yeah, sandwiches can be good, but there are like a bajillion in the city where I live that think they do it better than anyone else. What, is the way that you shove meat, cheese, vegetables, etc. into bread so revolutionary and unique that nobody else can match the exquisite genius it takes to run a sandwich shop like you do?
As long as the store maintains health standards, I'd probably sooner get one from a small shop than a chain.

I miss the wraps I used to make, so deliciously horrible for me.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-23 19:38:16
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Panera does make a few good sandwiches but they are way overpriced.

You might as well make a turkey sandwich at home.
Honestly never been, there's one in town, really never see anyone go in/out of it either.
First Page 2 3 ... 315 316 317 ... 1375 1376 1377