Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 285 286 287 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-15 19:41:33
Link | Citer | R

30 People Arrested For Food Stamp Fraud; Guess How Many Were Black
By fonewear 2015-02-15 19:42:26
Link | Citer | R

The real question is can I buy beer on food stamps if so sign me up !
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 21:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The store owner, Denis Sauve (also white), has been charged with third-degree grand larceny and misuse of food stamps.

This really isn’t a racial issue so much as it is an, “I told you so,” issue. While the food stamp program has one of the lowest rates of abuse than any other welfare program, a lot of people buy into this misconception that it is the “lazy blacks” who account for all the fraud and woes of government assistance. Well, here we are, a major food stamp “bust” and every criminal involved is white.

Quote:
now here’s the kicker: they’re all white. Brushton, New York, where this bust happened, has a population of roughly 480 people. Approximately 99.83% of the population is white, and 0.42% are black.

Quote:
It might be time to rethink today’ stereotypes.

So when one of these "busts" goes down in Detroit and 100 black people are arrested would we have to RE-rethink stereotypes?

The "percentage" graph is cute too btw.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-15 21:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
You like the almost 13% that's 'unknown'?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-15 21:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The store owner, Denis Sauve (also white), has been charged with third-degree grand larceny and misuse of food stamps.

This really isn’t a racial issue so much as it is an, “I told you so,” issue. While the food stamp program has one of the lowest rates of abuse than any other welfare program, a lot of people buy into this misconception that it is the “lazy blacks” who account for all the fraud and woes of government assistance. Well, here we are, a major food stamp “bust” and every criminal involved is white.

Quote:
now here’s the kicker: they’re all white. Brushton, New York, where this bust happened, has a population of roughly 480 people. Approximately 99.83% of the population is white, and 0.42% are black.

Quote:

So when one of these "busts" goes down in Detroit and 100 black people are arrested would we have to RE-rethink stereotypes?

Statements like this are why people call you racist...

Also, Blacks make up ~12% of the population but receive as much as 27% of assistance, so it's not like the stereotype isn't understandable, anyway.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

When you express percentages with a graph, it should be a pie chart, everyone knows pie is delicious.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-15 21:50:59
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I’m going to look out my window for flying pigs. Why? Because not only did a Republican switch parties and become a Democrat, he did so in the deep red state of Mississippi.

The reason for his defection?

His party’s stance against Obamacare.

Former Republican State Senator Tim Johnson couldn’t stomach the GOP’s insistence on hurting Mississippians any longer. Being a member of the party of “no” just didn’t fly with him anymore.

“Why join the Democratic Party and run for Lieutenant Governor? I’ll tell you. We are all Mississippians first. Elected officials should be in the business of helping all Mississippians. Not picking out who to hurt. In the current way of doing business in our State Capitol and especially in the State Senate, has hurt a lot of my fellow Mississippians. We watch these current leaders make excuses for underfunding our schools. We see them refuse to repair and maintain our crumbling roads and bridges. And we stood by while they ignored the twelve thousand dollars pay gap between working women and men. We have also witnessed shocking corruption on their watch.”
You Won’t Believe Why This Mississippi Republican Just Became a Democrat!
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 21:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Also, Blacks make up ~12% of the population but receive as much as 27% of assistance, so it's not like the stereotype isn't understandable, anyway.

When you express percentages with a graph, it should be a pie chart, everyone knows pie is delicious.

Its perfectly acceptable to be racist against white folk though........... People that call me racist simply have no thought process of their own and use that as a defense mechanism. I hate lazy white brown red purple and green people just as much as I hate lazy black people. It's not my fault black people tend to make up the majority. If it helps you sleep better at night you can call me a racist all you want, not gonna change anything.
By fonewear 2015-02-15 21:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I’m going to look out my window for flying pigs. Why? Because not only did a Republican switch parties and become a Democrat, he did so in the deep red state of Mississippi.

The reason for his defection?

His party’s stance against Obamacare.

Former Republican State Senator Tim Johnson couldn’t stomach the GOP’s insistence on hurting Mississippians any longer. Being a member of the party of “no” just didn’t fly with him anymore.

“Why join the Democratic Party and run for Lieutenant Governor? I’ll tell you. We are all Mississippians first. Elected officials should be in the business of helping all Mississippians. Not picking out who to hurt. In the current way of doing business in our State Capitol and especially in the State Senate, has hurt a lot of my fellow Mississippians. We watch these current leaders make excuses for underfunding our schools. We see them refuse to repair and maintain our crumbling roads and bridges. And we stood by while they ignored the twelve thousand dollars pay gap between working women and men. We have also witnessed shocking corruption on their watch.”
You Won’t Believe Why This Mississippi Republican Just Became a Democrat!

Cause he is gay !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-15 21:53:12
Link | Citer | R

I pretty sure by the year 2020 250 million Americans will be gay.

If I know anything (about reproduction) is that all these gay people that get married the population is going to keep going up !
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 21:56:01
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I pretty sure by the year 2020 250 million Americans will be gay.

That should fix the over-population problem the world seems to be having, crafty liberals!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 21:57:25
Link | Citer | R

I hate lazy black people.
we know
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-15 22:00:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Its perfectly acceptable to be racist against white folk though........... People that call me racist simply have no thought process of their own and use that as a defense mechanism. I hate lazy white brown red purple and green people just as much as I hate lazy black people. It's not my fault black people tend to make up the majority. If it helps you sleep better at night you can call me a racist all you want, not gonna change anything.

They only make up a majority in your head. In the real world, they make up a disproportionate amount of aide recipients. They also make up a disproportionate amount of people convicted of drug crimes despite not using or possessing them at a higher rate. It's not racist to point out that blacks make up a larger percentage of aide recipients for their respective population, it IS racist to constantly refer to "lazy blacks".
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 22:09:31
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I hate lazy black people.
we know

I also hate people that take post's out of context.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 22:11:40
Link | Citer | R

I know, your self loathing is quite evident.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-15 22:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Why bother with racial identifiers if you just hate lazy people?

Are there lazy people you don't hate?
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 22:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They only make up a majority in your head. In the real world, they make up a disproportionate amount of aide recipients. They also make up a disproportionate amount of people convicted of drug crimes despite not using or possessing them at a higher rate. It's not racist to point out that blacks make up a larger percentage of aide recipients for their respective population, it IS racist to constantly refer to "lazy blacks".

So I'm not racist for calling white brown red and purple people lazy. Only when I call black people lazy.. See the problem with your thought process?
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 22:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Why bother with racial identifiers if you just hate lazy people?

Are there lazy people you don't hate?

Yea, they are called retired.
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 22:14:28
Link | Citer | R

I know, my self loathing is quite evident.

ftfy.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 22:14:47
Link | Citer | R

So now retired people are lazy, got it.

Man you're really filled with hate.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-15 22:15:59
Link | Citer | R

Retired doesn't mean lazy, but nice stretch, as there are plenty of retired people who are rather active and still end up working for various reasons.

Lazy people are lazy regardless of race, color, or creed, so there's really no need to emphasize a racial identifier.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 22:18:55
Link | Citer | R

ftfyb.

I'm not the one out here doing stuff like this:

Just like it doesn't surprise me you blame big government for your business failures, and in the same breath demand they take care of you.

and getting all jealous of what other people get, instead of worrying about yourself.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 22:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Retired doesn't mean lazy, but nice stretch, as there are plenty of retired people who are rather active and still end up working for various reasons.

Lazy people are lazy regardless of race, color, or creed, so there's really no need to emphasize a racial identifier.
Oh but don't you know, anyone who takes money from the Government is lazy. Or getting undue rewards* even if the money is owed to them

*see tax returns, unemployment benefits, etc
By fonewear 2015-02-15 22:21:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm so lazy I can't even finish this...
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 22:23:25
Link | Citer | R

ftfyb.

I'm not the one out here doing stuff like this:

Just like it doesn't surprise me you blame big government for your business failures, and in the same breath demand they take care of you.

and getting all jealous of what other people get, instead of worrying about yourself.

Yea she still hasn't proved her slanderous remarks, got sidetrack by all the deflecting she was doing.

Much like what you are doing now. Funny, that's all you people know how to do around here.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 22:24:39
Link | Citer | R

It's still cute that you think you know words, and keep trying to use them as such.
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 22:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Oh but don't you know, anyone who takes money from the Government is lazy. Or getting undue rewards* even if the money is owed to them

So now tax returns and unemployment benefits are handouts? Your words not mine.
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 22:27:15
Link | Citer | R

It's still cute that you think you know words, and keep trying to use them as such.

Don't you ever tire of posting the same 5 remarks over and over every single day?

Every single person on this site is tired of seeing them. At least Lordgrim is somewhat entertaining and changes things up from time to time.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-15 22:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Don't you ever tire of posting the same 5 remarks over and over every single day?

Every single person on this site is tired of seeing them.

How else would he get to 31k posts? Posting something different each time would take too much work.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 22:33:04
Link | Citer | R

So now tax returns and unemployment benefits are handouts? Your words not mine.

Actually they're both stances you have held, but nice try at trying to distance yourself from that.
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 22:33:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Every single person on this site is tired of seeing them.

How else would he get to 31k posts? Posting something different each time would take too much work.

Just had a thought, what if Jet is actually just a really poorly written bot that post's in these forums w/e certain people post things.
First Page 2 3 ... 285 286 287 ... 1375 1376 1377