Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 280 281 282 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Bloodrose 2015-02-14 19:27:55
Link | Citer | R

If he'd done his research, like he claim he has, he'd know that.

The only person who take Alex Jones seriously enough to post Alex Jones videos, happens to be Alex Jones.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-14 19:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Well, there's that, and all of his "rebuttals" happen to be hyper-exaggerated claims that KN and anyone else who disagrees with him are also traitors, like to keep everyone in the pits of financial slavery (here's a thought - as long as money is paid for services rendered, that could be construed as financial slavery) or worse.

He doesn't counter points of contention, can't back up his claims, voice an independent opinion when asked specifically what his thoughts are, and offers someone else's thoughts in his place via youtube.
By fonewear 2015-02-14 20:15:50
Link | Citer | R

I have a youtube rebuttal: NSFW

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-14 20:22:54
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-14 20:25:19
Link | Citer | R

I need this shirt:

By fonewear 2015-02-14 20:26:18
Link | Citer | R

This is also highly American:

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-14 21:16:12
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
I think you all have failed to realize that I have researched both sides of every argument we had and no matter what you bring up there will always be a disagreement.
Pop quiz: What is an appropriations bill? I have asked this no less than 14 times, and you still fail to answer. So, care to lie some more, Mr. Flower-head?

Centralized banking ruins countries and creates more wars.
Whatever you say Flower-head.

There's more talks today about military interventions in Iran right now it's one of 3 left without that type of institution.
And look at how prosperous Iran is. If it wasn't for the mass murders, extremely high unemployment, overall genocide of the population, mass poverty, and a total dictatorship, it would be paradise, wouldn't it?

A national income tax is theft from a nations citizens.
So, how do you propose funding various infrastructure and the military without a national income tax? Oh, right, you won't answer that, cause you are a flower-head.

A better America is coming.
You are right, the day you die would create a better America.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-14 21:16:47
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I have a youtube rebuttal: NSFW

And has more substance than anything Lordgrim posts.

Ironic and funny at the same time.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-14 21:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Drink PBR it's like George Washington riding a freedom train down your throat !
By Jetackuu 2015-02-14 23:39:23
Link | Citer | R

I think you all have failed to realize that I have researched both sides of every argument we had and no matter what you bring up there will always be a disagreement. Centralized banking ruins countries and creates more wars. There's more talks today about military interventions in Iran right now it's one of 3 left without that type of institution. A national income tax is theft from a nations citizens. Taxes should only be collected via state's. I wish you all the best in your lives endeavors and completion of your dreams. I am pursuing mine. A better America is coming. God bless you all.
We haven't failed to realize it, just you haven't proven it. You keep spouting off ridiculous conspiracy nonsense, that isn't grounded in reality.

Bold: actual citation needed (hint: no youtube videos).

There's talks about war with Iran because they keep trying to build nuclear weapons.

Nation income tax isn't theft, sorry that the tea party convinced you otherwise, but they have every right to tax you. As for the argument that the Federal Government shouldn't be able to tax you, only the states thing: yeah, no. We are a Union, maybe you should check up on your history to try to fully comprehend what that means.

Your dream is that of a delusional fanatic, who has been drinking too much of the kool-aid. I'm still trying to figure out how you're not busy camping out on Cliven Bundy's ranch.
By fonewear 2015-02-14 23:43:45
Link | Citer | R

Jet without Bender what is the world coming to !
By Jetackuu 2015-02-14 23:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Jet without Bender what is the world coming to !
I was wondering how long it would take somebody to say something, and it's Fone a day later.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-14 23:48:30
Link | Citer | R

I used to have this as my avatar:

By fonewear 2015-02-14 23:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Wait that picture is of me !
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 00:24:43
Link | Citer | R

Well it looks like the Comcast merger got approved, poor TW customers.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-15 00:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Wait that picture is of me !

Isn't that the same avatar that you have now? I don't see a difference.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-15 00:52:04
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Millions of immigrants benefiting from President Barack Obama's executive actions could get a windfall from the IRS, a reversal of fortune after years of paying taxes to help fund government programs they were banned from receiving.

Armed with new Social Security numbers, many of these immigrants who were living in the U.S. illegally will now be able to claim up to four years' worth of tax credits designed to benefit the working poor. For big families, that's a maximum of nearly $24,000, as long as they can document their earnings during those years.

Some Republicans are labeling the payments "amnesty bonuses," one more reason they oppose Obama's program shielding millions of immigrants from deportation.

"I represent hard working, law-biding Texans," said Rep. Sam Johnson, a senior Republican on the House Ways and Means Committee. "I think these amnesty rewards, and that's what they are, need to be stopped."

Advocates argue that many of these immigrants pay taxes, so they should be able to claim the same tax credits as anybody else. Over the past decade, immigrants in the U.S. illegally have paid an estimated $100 billion in Social Security payroll taxes, even though few will ever be able to collect benefits, said Stephen Goss, Social Security's chief actuary.

Obama has issued executive orders shielding about 4 million immigrants from deportation. Some were brought to the U.S. as children; others are parents of children who are either U.S. citizens or legal residents.

Republicans in Congress oppose Obama's actions and are trying to use a funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security to overturn them. Democrats are resisting, resulting in a stalemate that is threatening to shut down the department.

Funding for the department, which oversees immigration enforcement, runs out Feb. 27.
Republicans say Obama giving immigrants 'amnesty bonuses'
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 00:55:38
Link | Citer | R

I started to read that earlier, but then I skipped to the comments section, then closed it.

/rollseyes
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 02:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
Millions of immigrants benefiting from President Barack Obama's executive actions could get a windfall from the IRS, a reversal of fortune after years of paying taxes to help fund government programs they were banned from receiving.

Armed with new Social Security numbers, many of these immigrants who were living in the U.S. illegally will now be able to claim up to four years' worth of tax credits designed to benefit the working poor. For big families, that's a maximum of nearly $24,000, as long as they can document their earnings during those years.

Some Republicans are labeling the payments "amnesty bonuses," one more reason they oppose Obama's program shielding millions of immigrants from deportation.

"I represent hard working, law-biding Texans," said Rep. Sam Johnson, a senior Republican on the House Ways and Means Committee. "I think these amnesty rewards, and that's what they are, need to be stopped."

Advocates argue that many of these immigrants pay taxes, so they should be able to claim the same tax credits as anybody else. Over the past decade, immigrants in the U.S. illegally have paid an estimated $100 billion in Social Security payroll taxes, even though few will ever be able to collect benefits, said Stephen Goss, Social Security's chief actuary.

Obama has issued executive orders shielding about 4 million immigrants from deportation. Some were brought to the U.S. as children; others are parents of children who are either U.S. citizens or legal residents.

Republicans in Congress oppose Obama's actions and are trying to use a funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security to overturn them. Democrats are resisting, resulting in a stalemate that is threatening to shut down the department.

Funding for the department, which oversees immigration enforcement, runs out Feb. 27.

Sooo.. Illegal immigrants that had been hired and paid Illegally are now given Illegal Soc. numbers and Illegal Drivers Licenses to collect money they paid into taxes Illegally..

Sounds legit!
By anik 2015-02-15 02:32:08
Link | Citer | R

Can someone explain this post to me?
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 02:44:50
Link | Citer | R

anik said: »

It's Illegal to hire Illegal immigrants thus its Illegal to pay them. Giving Illegal's soc. numbers and drivers licenses is effin insane.

Wanna live and work in America? Immigrate here legally!
By anik 2015-02-15 02:55:59
Link | Citer | R

But then the government can collect money and tax their income, which will make working less desirable, and that money can be spent by liberals to start up some *** campaign for Mexican American month, let's make it February, you know, since mexicans are reproducing faster than african americans? They need a month too, think about how many americans are being slighted, think about how many VOTES they are losing out on. Go Democrats, yay democrats, let's see how much african americans like diversity when they have to share freebies with the new dominant minority, you know because our government just LOVES to divide the people of America into sub categories so they can say, "these people get that, and you people get this, and you guys over there... you get this" Yay democrats, yyyyaaaaaaayyyyyy liberty through diversity, I mean get the vote, because f common sense :D
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 03:09:13
Link | Citer | R

But then the government can collect money and tax their income, which will make working less desirable, and that money can be spent by liberals to start up some *** campaign for Mexican American month, let's make it February, you know, since mexicans are reproducing faster than african americans? They need a month too, think about how many americans are being slighted, think about how many VOTES they are losing out on. Go Democrats, yay democrats, let's see how much african americans like diversity when they have to share freebies with the new dominant minority, you know because our government just LOVES to divide the people of America into sub categories so they can say, "these people get that, and you people get this, and you guys over there... you get this" Yay democrats, yyyyaaaaaaayyyyyy liberty through diversity, I mean get the vote, because f common sense :D

By anik 2015-02-15 03:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Fantastic
By Pantafernando 2015-02-15 05:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »

Drugs.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-15 06:18:09
Link | Citer | R

More trouble on the Brian Williams front:
Quote:
Brian Williams' SEAL Team 6 stories are the latest to come under fire

Brian Williams may have been suspended without pay from the “NBC Nightly News,” but the fallout from the anchor’s admitted factual inaccuracies doesn’t end there.

In the week since Williams confessed to propagating an inaccurate story about his experience covering the Iraq war in 2003, the once-venerated reporter’s every word seems to have been placed under a microscope, whether it’s his contributions to NBC’s Peabody Award-winning coverage of Hurricane Katrina or an anecdote about getting robbed at gunpoint while working as a teenage Christmas tree salesman.

NBC may be investigating Williams’ reporting, but skeptics in the media aren’t waiting around for the results of that fact-finding mission to do a little digging of their own. Most recently, the reporter’s purported relationship with the elusive Navy SEAL Team 6 came under scrutiny.

The Huffington Post was the first to question statements Williams had made following the 2011 SEAL Team 6 raid that killed Osama bin Laden, suggesting he’d once been embedded with the elite team.

“We have some idea which of our special operations teams carried this out,” Williams told David Letterman on “The Late Show” the night after bin Laden was killed. “It happens to be a team I flew into Baghdad with, on the condition that I would never speak of what I saw on the aircraft, what aircraft we were on, what we were carrying, or who we were after.”

Williams mentioned SEAL Team 6 again on the “Nightly News” the following night. “I happen to have the great honor of flying into Baghdad with them at the start of the war,” he said.

Williams went on to elaborate further on his experience with the special team in later Letterman appearances and claimed — on the “Late Show” and in other interviews — to have received gifts from the SEALS over the years since their flight into Baghdad, including a piece of Black Hawk helicopter that crashed into the courtyard of bin Laden’s Abbottabad hideout.

After digging through the LexisNexis archives of NBC transcripts, the Huffington Post acknowledged that Williams’ apparent failure to mention his trip with SEAL Team 6 before 2011 could certainly be explained by the secrecy to which he said he was sworn, as the team was not known to the public until after the bin Laden raid. After unsuccessfully attempting to confirm neither the flight nor the gifts with NBC News, the Huffington Post turned to former Navy SEALS for insight on whether Williams’ stories are realistic.

“My initial reaction is it sounds completely preposterous. There is a healthy dislike towards embedded journalists within the SEAL community” former SEAL sniper Brandon Webb told the Huffington Post. “I can’t even remember an embed with a SEAL unit. And especially a SEAL Team Six? Those guys don’t take journalists with them on missions.”

A U.S. Special Operations Command spokesman verified Webb’s comments, saying “We do not embed journalists with [SEAL Team 6] or any other unit that conducts counterterrorism missions.”

To be fair, Williams didn’t say he was necessarily “embedded” with the team, just that he flew to Baghdad with them. But SEALs who talked to CNN National Security Analyst Peter Bergen suggest there's little likelihood that Williams and SEAL Team 6 could have just happened to be on the same flight.

“That early in the conflict, there were only missions taking place, not bouncing between outstations,” a SEAL officer told Bergen.

Then what about the gifts? The same SEAL officer is dubious, especially about the bit of blown-up helicopter because “there’s no connection between the guys that went in early [2003] and the guys at A-bad,” referring to Abbottabad, the Pakistani city where bin Laden was killed.

It’s curious, Bergen writes, that a different group of SEALs from the ones he says he met would feel compelled to share with him a souvenir from their historic mission. But even if they did, the fast-paced mission didn’t seem to allow much time for anything off script, with the addition of blowing up the stealth helicopter that had crashed at the bin Laden compound to destroy its radar-evading technology before leaving the scene.

“If Williams’ story is true,” Bergen writes, “then during all this intense drama one of the SEALs took the time to pick up a piece of the damaged helicopter fuselage that he would later send to his favorite news anchor.”

CNN also requested comment from NBC on the SEALs stories, but was told that the network will refrain from discussing anything Williams-related until its investigation is complete. In the meantime, the independent media investigation pushes on, digging deeper in the archives of Williams’ life. Up next on the chopping block: stories about meeting Pope John Paul II in 1979 and watching the Berlin Wall fall in person.

It's a Yahoo Article... but not the only article
By fonewear 2015-02-15 09:11:46
Link | Citer | R

A woman on the internet I'll alert the proper authorities.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-15 09:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:

It's a nice bill on paper, however almost nobody eligible will receive these benefits.

Reason being that they have to A) Have the documents to prove it, B) File their previous year's tax returns on time (extensions allowed) (the article failed to mention THAT little tidbit), and C) Paid the tax in the first place.

In reality, it's exactly what Sam Johnson is saying, but it's also a political tool, not a practicable one.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-15 09:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Shoo troll.

Don't potato this thread up. We already have our max number of flower-heads here.
By fonewear 2015-02-15 09:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Translation: Mexicans love February ! Go Obama Go ! Freedom isn't free ! Vote Democrat.
First Page 2 3 ... 280 281 282 ... 1375 1376 1377