Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1237 1238 1239 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2016-02-04 11:09:24
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of racism it is Black history month !

Look who is front and center:

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 11:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Last recorded footage of MLK dying to make America post racial:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 11:10:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Maybe the GOP should stop disparaging blacks (among other non-whites) if they're so salty that when it comes to elections that Dems essentially get free votes.
Can you give an example? Maybe I'm not looking at the right places, but it's been decades since I seen Republicans disparaging blacks.

Sure, you get an idiot every now and then, but it's not a Republican issue, and most certainly not a Republican-only issue. There are plenty of racist democrats/liberals out there. One even was voted into the White House.

See: Donald J. Trump, Republican frontrunner.
Only "racial" issues I see with Trump is against Muslims, not blacks.

Even then, it's more of a religious issue than racial. Unless you want to group all black people Muslims.

You understand that hate speech is hate speech right? This type of racial footballing is a key reason that the GOP has problems penetrating a message to minority groups.

When a guy calls Central Americans rapists and murderers to cheers then enjoys a boost in polls within the GOP it sends the message that this type of stuff is working. What does that say of your base? Lets not talk about race but promoting a ban on Muslims as policy isn't hate speech? Ah right, it's just politically incorrect.

My bad.
If hate speech is hate speech and applies to a group where the speech is not directed towards, then what about the hate speech the democrats/liberals spew all the time? Like how it's "whitey's" fault for everything and all that ***?

Or is it hate speech when it's being said by somebody other than you?

Look, I already said, multiple times, that I don't agree with Trump at all when it comes to his stances against Muslims and Latinos. But ask yourself this: If Trump, a Republican candidate, says something, does that mean to you that all Republicans agree and say that also? Think carefully, because that answer can be turned against democrats just as easily.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-04 11:12:16
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-04 11:13:27
Link | Citer | R

Last recorded footage of MLK dying to make America post racial:

I didn't know he could use magic !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 11:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
But ask yourself this: If Trump, a Republican candidate, says something, does that mean to you that all Republicans agree and say that also? Think carefully, because that answer can be turned against democrats just as easily.

It does when he's the Republican frontrunner and has been for months. It speaks to the party core and the state of things. If Trump had been dumped or punished in the polls after trashing those groups then I'd be misguided but he enjoyed large boosts with each disparagement.

People say dumb ***all the time. These people aren't always enjoying a commanding lead.

When you get Hillary Clinton on camera claiming that whites are murders, thugs and should be barred from entering the country then perhaps you'll have something to equate.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-04 11:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I agree, but she'll probably win the women vote which is a pretty large percentage of the population.

I doubt it, smart women hate her more then men do.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 11:14:08
Link | Citer | R

The only people who believe we live in a post racial society are the delusional who believe MLK took in all of Americas racism and then promptly died.
Or that Obama being elected erased racism completely.

Oh wait, that was one of his campaign promises, I forgot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-02-04 11:14:22
Link | Citer | R

Maybe the GOP should stop disparaging blacks (among other non-whites) if they're so salty that when it comes to elections that Dems essentially get free votes.
Can you give an example? Maybe I'm not looking at the right places, but it's been decades since I seen Republicans disparaging blacks.

Sure, you get an idiot every now and then, but it's not a Republican issue, and most certainly not a Republican-only issue. There are plenty of racist democrats/liberals out there. One even was voted into the White House.

See: Donald J. Trump, Republican frontrunner.
Only "racial" issues I see with Trump is against Muslims, not blacks.

Even then, it's more of a religious issue than racial. Unless you want to group all black people Muslims.

You understand that hate speech is hate speech right? This type of racial footballing is a key reason that the GOP has problems penetrating a message to minority groups.

When a guy calls Central Americans rapists and murderers to cheers then enjoys a boost in polls within the GOP it sends the message that this type of stuff is working. What does that say of your base? Lets not talk about race but promoting a ban on Muslims as policy isn't hate speech? Ah right, it's just politically incorrect.

My bad.
If hate speech is hate speech and applies to a group where the speech is not directed towards, then what about the hate speech the democrats/liberals spew all the time? Like how it's "whitey's" fault for everything and all that ***?

Or is it hate speech when it's being said by somebody other than you?

Look, I already said, multiple times, that I don't agree with Trump at all when it comes to his stances against Muslims and Latinos. But ask yourself this: If Trump, a Republican candidate, says something, does that mean to you that all Republicans agree and say that also? Think carefully, because that answer can be turned against democrats just as easily.

I'm pretty sure the answer is that both parties are full of ***.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 11:16:25
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
But ask yourself this: If Trump, a Republican candidate, says something, does that mean to you that all Republicans agree and say that also? Think carefully, because that answer can be turned against democrats just as easily.

It does when he's the Republican frontrunner and has been for months. It speaks to the party core and the state of things.

People say dumb ***all the time. These people aren't always enjoying a commanding lead.

When you get Hillary Clinton on camera claiming that whites are murders, thugs and should be barred from entering the country then perhaps you'll have something to equate.
We got Hillary Clinton saying that 4 American lives doesn't matter to her. How about that? Does that mean that she doesn't think any American lives matter? And she is also the democrat frontrunner for months, almost a year now. Does that mean that democrats don't care about American lives? Well, according to you, it does.

Remember: What difference does it make?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 11:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Omael said: »
Exactly!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-04 11:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Both sides are bad in exactly the same ways so vote for a border wall.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 11:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Both sides are bad in exactly the same ways so vote for a border wall.

Mexico is going to like the way it looks. I guarantee it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-02-04 11:19:39
Link | Citer | R

Exactly!

That's why I've been a write-in voter since the 80's. I think I'll vote for Perot again. At least he's a native Texan.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 11:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Exactly!

That's why I've been a write-in voter since the 80's. I think I'll vote for Perot again. At least he's a native Texan.
If Trump gets the Republican nod, I'll vote for Ann Richards.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 11:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

It does when he's the Republican frontrunner and has been for months. It speaks to the party core and the state of things.

We got Hillary Clinton saying that 4 American lives doesn't matter to her. How about that? Does that mean that she doesn't think any American lives matter? And she is also the democrat frontrunner for months, almost a year now. Does that mean that democrats don't care about American lives? Well, according to you, it does.

How does this even equate. Really. The actual ***.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 11:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

So, it's ok for a liberal/democrat to say something hateful, but not a Republican. Got it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-04 11:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Obama being the first black presidential candidate may have had some impact on voters but blacks vote Democratic anyway and McCain was still soundly defeated by losing the white, middle voters to Obama....
Blacks turned out in record numbers for Obama. I dobut that either Hillary or Bernie can turn them out in those kind of numbers.

And frankly I can't see any of the GOP candidates being scary enough to blacks to turn them out in those kind of numbers either.

I am willing to be surprised.

Black voters always vote overwhelmingly for Democratic candidates. Naturally, Obama's historical element brought out voters who would have otherwise sat the election out but lets look at elections in the past:

Gore/Bush - 90/9
Kerry/Bush - 88/11
Obama/McCain - 95/4
Obama/Romney - 93/6

So yes, black voters will turn up for an Al Gore as much as they will for a Barack Hussain Obama.
That really tells us nothing much.

How many of the black voters will sit out this election? What were the numbers (not the percentage) of voters in 2000 and 2004 compared to 2008 and 2012?

Yeah, this is only slightly informative. I'm having trouble finding the actual numbers myself, but the percentage of eligible black voters who voted in the 2008 election was up 7.7% from 2004, 16% from 2000, and only dropped a little in 2012. So no, they did not turn up for Al Gore like they did for Obama. You can do better than that, Spart.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-04 11:25:35
Link | Citer | R

So, it's ok for a liberal/democrat to say something hateful, but not a Republican. Got it.
There's twisted logic. Then there's this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 11:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Still being obtuse? There's no equation here.

Clinton saying something you disagree with isn't equal to half the crazy ***coming out Donald's mouth on behalf of Republicans who have made him their frontrunner. I present Mexicans are rapists and murders and maybe good people and you retort with 4 Americans. ITS EQUAL SEE? Do you realize how *** in the head the GOP is when fiscal policy takes a back seat to a reality star running the show, talking about how we're going to make America 'great' again at the cost of some minority groups?

Do you really think the current GOP isn't hostile towards minorities?
Pray tell what in your mind is the reason that minorities by in large swing towards the Democrats.
Do they somehow just not resonate with the message? Why?
Why is the GOP rightfully called the party of old white guys?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 11:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Clinton saying something you disagree with isn't equal to half the crazy ***coming out Donald's mouth on behalf of Republicans who have made him their frontrunner. I present Mexicans are rapists and murders and maybe good people and you retort with 4 Americans. ITS EQUAL SEE?
If you are going to make a blanket statement about everyone, then so will I.

Trump doesn't like Muslims and Latinos, and stated so.
Clinton lied about the deaths of 4 Americans and tried to hide that fact, then later dismissed their deaths in totality.

The only real difference between the two is, while one expressed his distaste for a group of people, the other actually allowed their deaths and lied about it. Remember, they knew about the attacks months prior to it happening (possible not the exact date, but still knew it was coming).

It's just as bad as knowing that terrorists will fly planes into buildings and doing absolutely nothing about it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 11:32:20
Link | Citer | R

So it's OK as a matter of national political platform to say you don't like racial groups because of race so long as you're honest about it?

Welp, thanks for essentially calling the GOP racist. Incase we didn't already know.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 11:35:13
Link | Citer | R

So it's OK as a matter of national political platform to say you don't like racial groups because of race so long as you're honest about it?

Welp, thanks for essentially calling the GOP racist. Incase we didn't already know.
I didn't say it was ok, but again, going by your thinking, thanks for essentially declaring that the democrats/liberals don't care about American lives.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-04 11:35:39
Link | Citer | R

Clinton saying something you disagree with isn't equal to half the crazy ***coming out Donald's mouth on behalf of Republicans who have made him their frontrunner. I present Mexicans are rapists and murders and maybe good people and you retort with 4 Americans. ITS EQUAL SEE?

Trumps is rhetoric, and taken out of context.
Clintons is fact.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-04 11:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »

Trumps is rhetoric, and taken out of context.
Clintons is fact.
Don't mind Sparth, he doesn't think 9/11/12 existed. It was all a bad pipe dream to him.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 11:37:06
Link | Citer | R

I didn't say it was ok, but again, going by your thinking, thanks for essentially declaring that the democrats/liberals don't care about American lives.

So why the hell is a guy who spouts hate speech at the top of your ticket? Shouldn't rational GOP members be decrying this type of language in fair 'n free America?

It seems like the GOP primary voters have spoken. They don't give a ***about the racist language coming out of Donald's mouth, it's ok to bash minorities and hell, it'll make you our frontrunner by a county mile.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 11:38:12
Link | Citer | R

You already lost Benghazi months ago guys. Give Michael Bay your money and move along. Enough taxpayer dollars have been wasted on that fishing expedition.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-02-04 11:39:00
Link | Citer | R

It seems like the GOP primary voters have spoken. They don't give a ***about the racist language coming out of Donald's mouth, it's ok to bash minorities and hell, it'll make you our frontrunner by a county mile.

It's not that a lot of them don't care, it's that they agree and are happy someone's finally saying those things out loud.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-04 11:40:10
Link | Citer | R

It's not that a lot of them don't care, it's that they agree and are happy someone's finally saying those things out loud.

Oh I know that. I just wanted to know if KN was honest enough to admit it. He did, in his own way.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-04 11:40:48
Link | Citer | R

So why the hell is a guy who spouts hate speech at the top of your ticket?

He isn't..

The democrats have made it perfectly clear that if you are a working white male they don't give a ***about you.
First Page 2 3 ... 1237 1238 1239 ... 1375 1376 1377