Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1234 1235 1236 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 19:58:45
Link | Citer | R

Third party candidate?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-03 20:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Honest question: does anyone here actually like Cruz? And if so, why? He seems like a thoroughly repulsive human being, and there's nothing I've seen in his policy so far that you can't get from one of the others in the field.

I'm serious, I want to know the appeal. Help me out here.

I hate P&R sometimes, one afternoon yields 3 f-ing pages?

I will try and express the love for Cruz.

#1 Out of the entire list of candidates, he is easily the most conservative. Amnesty? nope. Tax increase? Nope. Overreaching government power? Nope? Dissolving of centralized power? Yes! There's more but there's clear policy differences between him and Trump and Rubio.

#2 After years of electing countless republicans the ends of which have produce no legislative changes, Cruz is not of that pack. He is almost the only one who has done what he said he would do once elected to congress. Shut down the govt? he didn't give a f*uck, he still did it. He shares this platform with Trump and not Rubio. Electing him or Trump is perceived as dropping a political nuke on Washington.

#3 He's an intellectual, a smarty pants easily equal and far more potently intellectual than Barack Obama. Ever hear him speak in a congressional hearing? If you like words, it's unbelievable. The verbal beat down you just got is legendary. No comparison to Trump who is like the conservative Chamacho from idiocracy

#4 He's not Trump. It's like there's Trump, then there's Christie who's as nasty as trump but still a product of the establishment, then there's Cruz who not as vulgar but is still hated by the establishment.

Three's a huge part of conservatives who are just pissed that after 2010, 2012 and 2014, nothing is still getting done. They've spoken up, chosen their reps, but their reps are still too scarred of being called racist to do anything. So its a race to sell them the "I'm pissed and wont back down" plate. Hence you have Trump, Cruz, and to a much lesser extent, Rubio.

Does that make sense? I must admit I've had a few throughout this night (it is HUMPDAY woop woop) but that reads good to me.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 20:01:28
Link | Citer | R

Ha. Two party system in the US won't allow for a third party candidate, and you should know that better than anyone, since you're willing to vote for any POS that the GOP tosses out, just because party loyalty.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 20:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
#2 After years of electing countless republicans the ends of which have produce no legislative changes, Cruz is not of that pack. He is almost the only one who has done what he said he would do once elected to congress.

Really? What legislative changes he produced? What campaign promises has he fulfilled?

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 20:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Ha. Two party system in the US won't allow for a third party candidate, and you should know that better than anyone, since you're willing to vote for any POS that the GOP tosses out, just because party loyalty.

This is what you people refuse to understand. The GOP established HATES Cruz and Trump. Cruz more so. Why you ask? Because he isn't a Republican, he is conservative.

The GOP Establishment may as well call themselves democrats when you compare the contrast. In case you haven't notice the past decade democrats and GOP have been getting tossed out of the house and the senate like the bad eggs they are and replaced with Conservatives. Sure we still call ourselves Republican mainly because a 3rd party candidate has no chance in hell of winning against the two party system.

You have no clue about party loyalty.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 20:15:59
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Who are you going to vote for, Altima?

The answer is obvious, I don't hide my allegiances unlike a number of people on this site.

I will vote for what ever POS the Republicans nominate. I hope that is either Cruz Trump or Rubio in that order and not bush, Christie, or some other establishment goon. I would have preferred Rand Paul.. Maybe he can be a VP..

Who are you going to vote for? Who will everyone here vote for from of the "choices" laid out before us?
you'd really vote for trump? : o

Who are you going to vote for?
But I am not a part of your country.

Don't matter, pick a candidate.

Also, I'll vote for anyone other than Hillary or Bernie so yes Trump if it comes to it.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 20:20:42
Link | Citer | R

This is what you people refuse to understand. The GOP established HATES Cruz and Trump. Cruz more so. Why you ask? Because he isn't a Republican, he is conservative.

The GOP Establishment may as well call themselves democrats when you compare the contrast. In case you haven't notice the past decade democrats and GOP have been getting tossed out of the house and the senate like the bad eggs they are and replaced with Conservatives. Sure we still call ourselves Republican mainly because a 3rd party candidate has no chance in hell of winning against the two party system.
I understand it quite well.
Which is why I stated it, and you seem to be the one lacking any understanding at all.
Establishment or not, they are *still* part of the GOP, align themselves with the GOP (though more of a different ideology under the umbrella), and you're *still* willing to vote for *any* GOP candidate, instead of actually pushing for, and supporting the creation of a third party system or third party candidate, and simply call anyone who doesn't align completely with the same Mega-Conservative ideology you subscribe to, a liberal or democrat, because you're afraid of facing reality.

Only when people are actually willing, and actively pursuing a three party system, will they actually be in the realm of representing a third party of constituents.

*This* is what you fail to grasp. Quite often.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 20:21:26
Link | Citer | R

Apparently we are redefining the GOP so the radical tea party can be conservatives and the "old" conservatives are democrats. Right. If only the tea party really did have that much influence.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 20:27:08
Link | Citer | R

"Don't vote Democrat!"
"Vote for my guy!" "I SAID VOTE FOR MY GUY DAMN IT, OR YOU'RE A LIBERAL HIPPIE SPNOGING OFF THE GOVERNMENT FOR FREE STUFF WITH YOUR HEAD UP YOUR ***" - Paraphrasing of course, but that's your usual shtick against anyone who thinks differently than you do, even other conservatives.
Oh, and can't forget this gem:
"Voting democrat, or being a liberal hippie sponge is a mental disorder!"
But you're not really thinking about, or addressing the issues, where sane, moderate conservatives and liberals come to the table to discuss the issues that *all* the candidates are facing, or campaigning on, much less criticizing the platforms. It's just more mudslinging against someone *other* than the person, or people you want everyone to vote for.
Gee, and here I thought we had agreed this was a huge issue in and of itself, that happened to be one of the varied causes of voter apathy. It's this kind of ideology that keeps others from voting, and the kind of lack-luster quality candidates emerging, ready and willing to take advantage of the intellectually stunted.

And I know nothing of party loyalty... right...

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-03 20:58:21
Link | Citer | R

When some topics come up here

[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 21:18:05
Link | Citer | R

I understand it quite well.
Which is why I stated it, and you seem to be the one lacking any understanding at all.
Establishment or not, they are *still* part of the GOP, align themselves with the GOP (though more of a different ideology under the umbrella), and you're *still* willing to vote for *any* GOP candidate, instead of actually pushing for, and supporting the creation of a third party system or third party candidate, and simply call anyone who doesn't align completely with the same Mega-Conservative ideology you subscribe to, a liberal or democrat, because you're afraid of facing reality.

Only when people are actually willing, and actively pursuing a three party system, will they actually be in the realm of representing a third party of constituents.

*This* is what you fail to grasp. Quite often.

You said it yourself.
Ha. Two party system in the US won't allow for a third party candidate

The only way any change in the parties is going to take place is from within. The Democrats sure are not doing it. The tea party, like them or not, have started a resurgence of conservative ideals that the Republican establishment has been negotiating away for decades to the democrats.

Trump doesn't really belong in either group, his money separates him. He cannot be bought, which makes him appealing to people that have no clue about the politics in Washington. They just know they want nothing to do with it and Trump is the guy offering them that.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 21:20:10
Link | Citer | R

"Don't vote Democrat!"
"Vote for my guy!" "I SAID VOTE FOR MY GUY DAMN IT, OR YOU'RE A LIBERAL HIPPIE SPNOGING OFF THE GOVERNMENT FOR FREE STUFF WITH YOUR HEAD UP YOUR ***" - Paraphrasing of course, but that's your usual shtick against anyone who thinks differently than you do, even other conservatives.

Enjoy putting words in my mouth I see nothing has changed.

But you're not really thinking about, or addressing the issues, where sane, moderate conservatives and liberals come to the table to discuss the issues that *all* the candidates are facing, or campaigning on, much less criticizing the platforms. It's just more mudslinging against someone *other* than the person, or people you want everyone to vote for.
Gee, and here I thought we had agreed this was a huge issue in and of itself, that happened to be one of the varied causes of voter apathy. It's this kind of ideology that keeps others from voting, and the kind of lack-luster quality candidates emerging, ready and willing to take advantage of the intellectually stunted.

And I know nothing of party loyalty... right...

Who would you vote for. Sitting on a fence saying Chtulu is the easiest out one can have. Then going off on a tangent because "your too good for politics and voting"(Paraphrasing of course)
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 21:28:51
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Apparently we are redefining the GOP so the radical tea party can be conservatives and the "old" conservatives are democrats. Right. If only the tea party really did have that much influence.

Ted Cruz just won Iowa with a record margin and record turnout, during a blizzard. You know he is Tea party right? Hell, he beat Trump.. Even I didn't think that was possible.

I'd be voting for Bernie.
So you would vote for the guy that wants to take everything you have earned from you prestigious job and give it to people that refuse to work? Oh.. And finish bankrupting the USA while he's at it.. Good Choice.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 21:36:50
Link | Citer | R

And now Ted Cruz is projected to lose the next 3 states that have actual primary voting, not some terrible caucus system, while facing accurate accusations from the Carson campaign of tampering with the Iowa vote. The tea party isn't doing anything.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 21:40:30
Link | Citer | R

And now Ted Cruz is projected to lose the next 3 states that have actual primary voting, not some terrible caucus system, while facing accurate accusations from the Carson campaign of tampering with the Iowa vote. The tea party isn't doing anything.

Guess will see.. Last I heard Cruz was suppose to lose Iowa by a rather large margin as well. I forget, who won Iowa?
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 21:41:09
Link | Citer | R

I vote in my Canadian Elections.

Secondly, writing in a non-candidate as your vote, is still voting - just not for any of the party candidates.

Which, surprising to no one at all, is something you fail to understand.

Yes, I'm too good for politics, because of all the biased *** mudslinging against anyone who opposes your personal view of who people should vote for. And anyone asking for clarification, is suddenly too stupid or lazy, when it's the fault of the presenter for not being able to articulate their points, reasons, or opinions to the audience they wish to sway, or have an open discussion with. Which shuts down any chance of a discussion happening in the first place (Something you are guilty of any time someone asks for a follow up)

Then again, I do partake in intellectual political discussions and debates. I'm able to form my own opinion, I can ask for clarification from others on the opposite side, and the same side, even those who sit on the sides, without the need to insult them for being on the side, or even hesitant to vote. I'll ask them why, I'll get the answers, and say "ok, this dude thinks this way", and begin to understand the bigger picture.

If looking at the current nominees and candidates critically, none of them are worth voting for. So you write in a vote. It shows that you're actively looking for better candidates. So let's point out how that's "too good for politics and voting", since I have a much better grasp when it comes to the politics of voting, politics in general, and the voting process.

But let's continue with the asinine assumption, that I'm too good for politics and voting for a second, why then, do I participate locally? Provincially, and federally in my own country, or that the only thing you actually know about your opponents, is what your own party tells you, that you can't seem to think critically enough to criticize your own party, in any way, while others can freely do so with their potential representatives? or that the biggest selling point of your first choice candidate, is "He's not Trump"?

If you can find at least 5 things you can actively criticize, or would like to see change about Cruz and his platform, I'll give you a real vote out of the list of Candidates.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 21:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Guess will see.. Last I heard Cruz was suppose to lose Iowa by a rather large margin as well. I forget, who won Iowa?

Nowhere was that projected.

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 22:03:20
Link | Citer | R

His policies refer to "full time individuals working 40 hours a week" So I'm unsure why you equate working full time with "refusing to work at all."

Which ones? Can you share please.

Would you like any say in how your part of the world is run at all? Or just let the 0.001% richest run everything purely to "maximize profits above all" Walmart style instead of run your country like a nation.
Yes I would, that is why I am voting against Bernie sanders.

Nowhere was that projected.
Trump was polled to beat Cruz easily why are you denying the facts?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 22:15:10
Link | Citer | R

It was a tight race the whole time, with Trump and Cruz battling it out for 1st and Rubio projecting in third, and thats what happened. Cruz was never projected to lose Iowa by a wide margin. I don't know where you are getting your information but it certainly is not factual.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-03 22:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
When some topics come up here

Ha, everytime I pass by this guy I think I'll eventually put a picture of him in here. I'm glad someone finally managed to do just that.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 22:37:41
Link | Citer | R

Which, surprising to no one at all, is something you fail to understand.

These things called opinions don't keep people from understanding.

Yes, I'm too good for politics, because of all the biased *** mudslinging against anyone who opposes your personal view of who people should vote for. And anyone asking for clarification, is suddenly too stupid or lazy, when it's the fault of the presenter for not being able to articulate their points, reasons, or opinions to the audience they wish to sway, or have an open discussion with. Which shuts down any chance of a discussion happening in the first place (Something you are guilty of any time someone asks for a follow up)

I've gave multiple points and opinions, you ignore them and do stuff like this.

Then again, I do partake in intellectual political discussions and debates. I'm able to form my own opinion, I can ask for clarification from others on the opposite side, and the same side, even those who sit on the sides, without the need to insult them for being on the side, or even hesitant to vote. I'll ask them why, I'll get the answers, and say "ok, this dude thinks this way", and begin to understand the bigger picture.
Lets see some of your intellectual quotes from the past few pages.

But let's continue with the asinine assumption, that I'm too good for politics and voting for a second, why then, do I participate locally? Provincially, and federally in my own country, or that the only thing you actually know about your opponents, is what your own party tells you, that you can't seem to think critically enough to criticize your own party, in any way, while others can freely do so with their potential representatives? or that the biggest selling point of your first choice candidate, is "He's not Trump"?

Um do you read anything I write on here? I criticize the Republican party ALL THE TIME! I believe nothing anyone tells me, let alone my own party which more than half of its members in the house and senate I cannot stand.

If you can find at least 5 things you can actively criticize, or would like to see change about Cruz and his platform, I'll give you a real vote out of the list of Candidates.

Things I can criticize about Cruz.
He needs to stop attacking Trump, that is only hurting him.
He needs to talk more about jobs and his plans to help make it easier to conduct business in the US.
He needs to lay off the carpet bombing thing. Which I think he has.
He really needs to talk more about tearing up the ACA and replacing it with insurance that can operate across state borders.
He needs to have Rand Paul as his running mate. Even though Trump or Rubio would probably be the better choice atm.
And a haircut.. Something different.. He looks odd. Must be the Canadian in him.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 22:49:06
Link | Citer | R

It was a tight race the whole time, with Trump and Cruz battling it out for 1st and Rubio projecting in third, and thats what happened. Cruz was never projected to lose Iowa by a wide margin. I don't know where you are getting your information but it certainly is not factual.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 22:50:49
Link | Citer | R

No one from the Senate would run as Cruz's VP. The only Congressman he could get to run with him would be Sessions and that would do nothing for his ticket. Not that he is going to win the nomination.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 22:57:22
Link | Citer | R

No one from the Senate would run as Cruz's VP. The only Congressman he could get to run with him would be Sessions and that would do nothing for his ticket. Not that he is going to win the nomination.

Who would you vote for Mr. Knows everything?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 23:15:33
Link | Citer | R

The more I think about it I really have no idea who Cruz could get as a running mate. Nobody likes him, no one from the Senate has endorsed him or will go anywhere near him, no one from the House supports him other than Sessions, the only guy that could be considered a major endorsement is Rick Perry but thats an empty well. There is no way he can unite the party around him.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 23:22:47
Link | Citer | R

The more I think about it I really have no idea who Cruz could get as a running mate. Nobody likes him, no one from the Senate has endorsed him or will go anywhere near him, no one from the House supports him other than Sessions, the only guy that could be considered a major endorsement is Rick Perry but thats an empty well. There is no way he can unite the party around him.

Rubio would be his VP in a second. Is that the best choice.. I dunno. When it comes down to the end and they have no choice the establishment GOP will get behind him. I just hope it is after Trump drops out because their endorsement anytime soon would be like poison to Cruz.

Nobody likes him, no one from the Senate has endorsed him or will go anywhere near him, no one from the House supports him
You say that like it is a bad thing..

Who would you vote for Mr. Knows everything?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 23:25:55
Link | Citer | R

No, Rubio would not run with him, nor would Rubio seek Cruz to be his running mate, no one in Washington wants anything to do with Ted Cruz. And Trump isn't going to drop out, he will go all the way to the convention.
First Page 2 3 ... 1234 1235 1236 ... 1375 1376 1377