Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1232 1233 1234 ... 1375 1376 1377
By sockaccount 2016-02-03 14:01:24
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bloodrose has an underwear fetish, methinks.
I do. I like to wear underwear.

Does that mean you have a sock fetish too? =D
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 14:03:03
Link | Citer | R

sockaccount said: »

No, I go barefoot. Feet are too big for socks.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 14:04:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Cruz is not moderate friendly in his current state and it's unlikely he can make that shift to a moderate candidate the way a Romney tried, despite having to continue playing all the current conservative hot button issues. It's the whole reason Romney looked/acted fake and ultimately got rolled by Obama.

This is the assumption I think the democrats are going to regret. They think Cruz needs the moderate voters and he will need to tone down to become more appealing.

I think Cruz learned a little something from Trump and that is what might give him the edge.

The people that came out for Cruz in Iowa didn't do it because he was pandering to moderates or claiming he wants to work with the democrats. They came out because he is against everything Obama stands for and he will not pander to anyone Democrat or Republican and his record shows that.

As long as he doesn't back down on his principles and start pandering I think we are going to see a mass turn out from the silent majority. Even more so if Trump is on his ticket and they manage not to alienate one another.

Another thing about moderates is they are going to have the choice between whatever batshit crazy person the democrats get behind and whatever batshit crazy person the Republicans get behind. Moderates do not matter this election at all!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-03 14:10:45
Link | Citer | R

Since you're in here, I must know: Who would a sock support for President?
By sockaccount 2016-02-03 14:11:53
Link | Citer | R

I always support the person with the biggest shoes to fill.
[+]
By NotRooks 2016-02-03 14:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Jeb! forever, yo
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-03 14:12:47
Link | Citer | R

Cruz doesn't need moderates? Ok.

Enjoy the loss to Clinton and having learned nothing from McCain and Romney getting spanked. Trump on a ticket as VP? Do you even Trump?

Trump either fakes outrage having been snubbed for the nominee and strikes out on his own as an independent in the largest *** you to the GOP in recent memory or he spends the rest of the cycle tearing into everyone, encouraging his supporters to accept he was snubbed and to write him in. Cruz is hoping Trump will give him support but knowing Trump he'll turn around and support Clinton.

Cruz doesn't even enjoy the warm feels of his own GOP establishment and you think the Tea Party alone will boost him to a win in a general election?

Pragmatist Clinton v. hardline ideologue Cruz - Cruz loses.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-03 14:16:42
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »
Moderates do not matter this election at all!

I'm more or less fine with whatever else you want to believe, as you're clearly a true believer, but this is just... it's wrong on so many levels. Ideologically. MATHEMATICALLY.

No one has ever won without winning the moderates, period. This will not be the exception.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 14:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Cruz doesn't even enjoy the warm feels of his own GOP establishment and you think the Tea Party alone will boost him to a win in a general election?

This right here. Any sane person will tell you they are sick and tired of the two party system.

Cruz not having support from the GOP Establishment is the NUMBER ONE reason he is up right now.

Do I think The Tea Party that has grown at an amazing pace over the past 10years is going to boost him? No, I think not claiming to be GOP, not pandering to moderates, and running against Obama and Clinton is what is going to win the election. Trump or Cruz will win the election by a rather large majority is my bet.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 14:22:28
Link | Citer | R

Are you willing to... bet the farm?
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 14:23:42
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Moderates do not matter this election at all!

I'm more or less fine with whatever else you want to believe, as you're clearly a true believer, but this is just... it's wrong on so many levels. Ideologically. MATHEMATICALLY.

No one has ever won without winning the moderates, period. This will not be the exception.

Its simple. Are you going to vote for Bernie, Clinton, Cruz, or Trump.

Non of those people are moderate and for them to pander to the moderates will only kill them politically.

Enjoy the loss to Clinton and having learned nothing from McCain and Romney getting spanked. Trump on a ticket as VP? Do you even Trump?

McCain was a joke and nobody expected him to win, even so this is a completely different political climate than back then.. Romney made the mistake of pandering. Trump may surprise us all.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 14:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Are you willing to... bet the farm?
Well I did when obama got elected...

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-03 14:27:42
Link | Citer | R

If you don't think Clinton can grab moderates then we're at an impasse here because that's exactly what she means to do and how she intends to attack Sanders.

Trump is more moderate than Cruz despite his bombastic way of handling himself. Remember, he's got those New York values. If Trump found himself in a general, he'd just lie his way to the center and hope no one catches him in the act. If they did, he'd just call them ugly or something.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 14:28:25
Link | Citer | R

So it becomes a battle of pandering to the moderates, or completely alienating them with a "*** YOU!" attitude, and thus widening the gap when it comes to voter apathy.

And it's the moderates that make up the biggest voting percentage when it comes to elections.

If there is any presidential candidate that is willing to screw over the rest of America, rather than work with/for the majority, they aren't presidential material. Something the Conservatives, and Liberals alike, have also agreed on.

To state that they shouldn't pander to the moderates is dishonest at best, and completely *** up corruption at it's worst.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 14:29:12
Link | Citer | R

If Trump found himself in a general, he'd just lie his way to the center and hope no one catches him in the act. If they did, he'd just call them ugly or something.

Which is why I'm not really a fan.

If you don't think Clinton can grab moderates then we're at an impasse here because that's exactly what she means to do and how she intends to attack Sanders.

I hope people are smarter than that. But hey if you like the way things are going now by all means vote Clinton.

So it becomes a battle of pandering to the moderates, or completely alienating them with a "*** YOU!" attitude, and thus widening the gap when it comes to voter apathy.
Why not its what Obama did and does.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-03 14:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Non of those people are moderate and for them to pander to the moderates will only kill them politically.
Actually, that is untrue.

This election will be decided by whoever is able to *** votes out of the moderate (otherwise known as undecided) voters the most.

The 4 candidates most likely to actually run are all extremes on all ends (regardless of what Spath says, Clinton is just a little right of Sanders, and Sanders is so far left he makes Obama seem moderate), so whoever bullshits the best will win the election.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 14:34:00
Link | Citer | R

That's fine it is just an opinion and we won't know until election time. Hell, Trump and Cruz could lose to Rubio. It is all conjecture right now. I think less people are undecided moderates now than ever before.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 14:35:49
Link | Citer | R

That's fine it is just an opinion and we won't know until election time. Hell, Trump and Cruz could lose to Rubio. It is all conjecture right now. I think less people are apathetic voters now than ever before.
Fixed for accuracy.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-03 14:38:07
Link | Citer | R

All I want to see in my lifetime is Trump going to Mexico and demanding that Mr. Nieto pay for that wall in his best Reagan impression.

The 4 years of embarassment under a President Trump will be the stuff historians look back and ask if we were all drinking from lead lined containers.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-03 14:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Honest question: does anyone here actually like Cruz? And if so, why? He seems like a thoroughly repulsive human being, and there's nothing I've seen in his policy so far that you can't get from one of the others in the field.

I'm serious, I want to know the appeal. Help me out here.
I have been through all of p1230 and no real answer yet so here's two.

1, Beloved of the talk radio right wing angry shoutinyourface radio hosts. His no holds bared take no prisoners style is SO in line with theirs. Please understand that the radio shouters are NOT there to get the GOP elected. They are there for their own bottom line. They can't loose. If Cruz wins they have backed the party into a corner. But if the Dems, or an establishment republicans win, its better for their bottom line.

2, Evangelicals love him. He not just speaks their language, his delivery is like a baptist preacher. He played the most intensive ground game Iowa has ever seen. In a state where evangelicals are the key to the GOP caucuses he turned out a record number of them.

A minor point is that he is seen as an anti establishment candidate.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 14:42:24
Link | Citer | R

All I want to see in my lifetime is Trump going to Mexico and demanding that Mr. Nieto pay for that wall in his best Reagan impression.

The 4 years of embarassment under a President Trump will be the stuff historians look back and ask if we were all drinking from lead lined containers.

Odd, I figured they be busy trying to figure out what kind of drugs the American voter was on for the entire 8 years Obama was president.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
That is what the liberal media would want you to Think.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-03 14:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Honest question: does anyone here actually like Cruz? And if so, why? He seems like a thoroughly repulsive human being, and there's nothing I've seen in his policy so far that you can't get from one of the others in the field.

I'm serious, I want to know the appeal. Help me out here.
I have been through all of p1230 and no real answer yet so here's two.

1, Beloved of the talk radio right wing angry shoutinyourface radio hosts. His no holds bared take no prisoners style is SO in line with theirs. Please understand that the radio shouters are NOT there to get the GOP elected. They are there for their own bottom line. They can't loose. If Cruz wins they have backed the party into a corner. But if the Dems, or an establishment republicans win, its better for their bottom line.

2, Evangelicals love him. He not just speaks their language, his delivery is like a baptist preacher. He played the most intensive ground game Iowa has ever seen. In a state where evangelicals are the key to the GOP caucuses he turned out a record number of them.

Spoken like a true partisan who doesn't know anything.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-03 14:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
he hasn't outright lied
The good jokes seem unstoppable today.
Even Fox called him out on his lies.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-03 14:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Obviously our bottle water came from Flint.

Didn't you know that?
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 14:47:33
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
he hasn't outright lied
The good jokes seem unstoppable today.
Even Fox called him out on his lies.

lolfoxnews..
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 14:48:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Didn't you know that?
Wrong! It came from Flint, went to Canada to be "re-mineralized", and then sent to Chernobyl, then sent back to Flint, do be redistributed among the populace.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-03 14:49:01
Link | Citer | R

Obama behaves like a President. Politics aside, he respects the post and the mannerisms becoming the leader of the United States. For all the mockery of Bush II, he also respected the post. This isn't a political opinion, it's fact.

Donald Trump can't even act like an adult when someone criticizes him. He has all the class of an 8 year old who calls people names and is so self-absorbed he embodies the snotty rich kid trope to a T.

If he can't even respect others, lashes out like a bully to cover his own deficiencies what hope could he have representing me across the globe?

I half expect the guy to invite Putin somewhere then not show up because 'he doesn't talk to losers' before spraypainting Air Force One TRUMP-1 and going to China to call their leaders slanty eyes. Trump will make America great at geopolitical comedy.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-03 14:49:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Didn't you know that?
Wrong! It came from Flint, went to Canada to be "re-mineralized", and then sent to Chernobyl, then sent back to Flint, do be redistributed among the populace.
That explains why the water glows.

It went to Canada!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-03 14:49:57
Link | Citer | R

This right here. Any sane person will tell you they are sick and tired of the two party system.

Cruz not having support from the GOP Establishment is the NUMBER ONE reason he is up right now.
There is desire for change and then there is voting for the christian version of Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi.

Some things just aren't worth it.
First Page 2 3 ... 1232 1233 1234 ... 1375 1376 1377