Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1229 1230 1231 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-03 12:42:25
Link | Citer | R

It blows my mind and disturbs me a little that there's so many people getting behind Cruz. He seems to be completely insane.

I'm not used to apply the word batshit, but I think it fits here.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 12:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
Honest question: does anyone here actually like Cruz? And if so, why? He seems like a thoroughly repulsive human being, and there's nothing I've seen in his policy so far that you can't get from one of the others in the field.

I'm serious, I want to know the appeal. Help me out here.
He has curb appeal. The same curb appeal garbage has when it's been put out on the curb on garbage day.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-03 12:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
He has curb appeal. The same curb appeal garbage has when it's been put out on the curb on garbage day.

Precisely not the kind of answer I'm looking for. Seriously, someone out there likes him, and I want to know why. There has to be a reason, and I haven't followed this closely enough so far to know what it is.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 12:46:17
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »

Precisely not the kind of answer I'm looking for. Seriously, someone out there likes him, and I want to know why. There has to be a reason, and I haven't followed this closely enough so far to know what it is.

Only person on this site that likes him is nausi. So, good luck with that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-03 12:46:17
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I've asked this about Hillary countless times and other than women voting for her I just don't see the appeal...
If she becomes president she is going to reveal all secret alien files to the public.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-03 12:46:25
Link | Citer | R

Honest question: does anyone here actually like Cruz? And if so, why? He seems like a thoroughly repulsive human being, and there's nothing I've seen in his policy so far that you can't get from one of the others in the field.

Cruz has one thing going for him; he isn't Trump. If Trump wins the nomination, the Republicans are screwed. If Trump wins the presidency, we're all screwed. Cruz has his issues but he isn't Trump.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2016-02-03 12:47:51
Link | Citer | R

I've loathed him ever since he used a Dr. Seuss book to essentially make an *** out of himself in front of the world. He is smarmy and sleezey, and he visibly tries too hard. He represents the Tea Party for *** sake. I would honestly rather have Donald Trump. At least all the dumb things Trump says are to pander to the idiot crowd and isn't a genuine, bonafide moron like Ted Cruz.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-03 12:48:11
Link | Citer | R

He's technically a Texan.

By Texas society rules, we are supposed to support anyone from Texas because Texas.

If he wasn't technically a Texan, I wouldn't give two shits
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-03 12:48:30
Link | Citer | R

Actually I think Bernie is the most dangerous politician I've witnessed in a while. Promising free college free healthcare and most importantly free hat !

[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-03 12:50:44
Link | Citer | R

free hat
Well, he did kill a dozen babies...but it was in self defense.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-02-03 12:51:15
Link | Citer | R

does anyone here actually like Cruz? And if so, why? He seems like a thoroughly repulsive human being

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aYe7VGV_460sv.mp4
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-03 12:54:01
Link | Citer | R

I've asked this about Hillary countless times and other than women voting for her I just don't see the appeal...

Yeah, but you can't ask a Democrat what Hillary's appeal is. They'd much rather address how awful the Republican flavor-of-the-month is than look at their own people.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-03 12:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Yeah, but you can't ask a Democrat what Hillary's appeal is. They'd much rather address how awful the Republican flavor-of-the-month is than look at their own people.
The Clinton years were somewhat good, economically. We had a surplus back then, post-Bush we are in debt. A lot of it is belief that Hillary could return us to those days of economic stability.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-02-03 13:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
The Clinton years were somewhat good, economically. We had a surplus back then, post-Bush we are in debt. A lot of it is belief that Hillary could return us to those days of economic stability.

Unless she can recreate the dot-com boom, people are in for a real shocker.

(And if she can? ELECT HER TODAY.)
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-03 13:01:00
Link | Citer | R

Surplus happened because Republicans controlled both the House and the Senate. Clinton had very little to do with the surplus.

Kindof wish the idiots in Congress actually started thinking about a budget now....
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-03 13:01:03
Link | Citer | R

Then vote for Bill Clinton. Leave his wife out of this.

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Voting for Hilary is like voting for another 4 years of Obama policies, I can see the appeal there.

I actually laughed at this. Sorry, I don't think you meant to be funny.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-03 13:01:10
Link | Citer | R

Unless she can recreate the dot-com boom, people are in for a real shocker.

(And if she can? ELECT HER TODAY.)
No one president is going to fix it.
By Jetackuu 2016-02-03 13:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Bill Clinton. Leave his wife out of this.

He tried!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-03 13:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Bill Clinton is still alive ?

It has to be 104 years old by now !
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-03 13:07:39
Link | Citer | R

The average citizen always blame economic struggles on the current government, regardless of its laterality. Hardly anyone seem to care that in most cases the picture is much bigger and many leaders just have to deal with shitty situations that were always beyond their control to begin with.

For example here everyone hates the goverment Monti had because of the "austerity" but no one seems to take notice that while it sucked he also made it so we didn't go full Greece.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-03 13:07:57
Link | Citer | R

Interesting question for everyone here:

Who, on the other end of the political spectrum you support, would you vote for for President if s/he were to run today? Could be a current candidate, somebody who never ran for President before, somebody who actually held the office, or not even alive.

My choice would be Ann Richards, the last decent democrat Texas has ever produced. I would vote for her over any other democrat/liberal alive.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I would vote for her over all of the Republican candidates in play also. If Walker was still running, he would still get my vote, but only him.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-03 13:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Help me out here.

/folds arms

NO.

you have the technology available to you to use the search function of this website!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-03 13:09:10
Link | Citer | R

I would never vote for a woman that is against my nature !

Well...unless it was a really attractive woman !
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-03 13:12:08
Link | Citer | R

Ted Cruz is the second coming of Santorum. He's a narrow appeal candidate who prides himself on being unable to be swayed, banking on evangelicals to boost him to the nomination.

That's like the perfect candidate in Clinton's mind to be up against. Like her or not, she bills herself as pragmatic, realistic in her ambitions and a candidate both Republicans and Democrats can like. So, Bill v.2.

The saged pragmatist v. the outsider do-nothing. That's what Cruz v. Clinton would look like.

I mean even Donald Trump could pivot moderate once he's out of the red meat territory but Cruz? Naw. Cruz is red meat incarnate. Rubio doesn't have his ***together yet but he'd probably be the best blunt to the Clinton 'im moderate' position.

In order of threats to Clinton ascedent:

Rubio > Trump > Cruz > Everyone else.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-03 13:13:21
Link | Citer | R

I can't think of any Republican I would vote for atm, past or present, Rubio had a real chance of earning my vote a few years back but he lost it when he completely failed and abandoned his own immigration reform bill. Bush hammered him for it in the last debate, and its going to continue to be a thorn in his side.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-03 13:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
a candidate both Republicans and Democrats can like.
What are you smoking?

Hillary Clinton will never be a candidate any Republican can like. She is just too much like Obama.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-03 13:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Don't fool yourselves, in the end it will be Jeb Bush vs O'Malley!
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-03 13:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Interesting question for everyone here:

Who, on the other end of the political spectrum you support, would you vote for for President

James Traficant!!!

holy ***balls is this guy awesome

First Page 2 3 ... 1229 1230 1231 ... 1375 1376 1377