Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1221 1222 1223 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2016-01-29 08:07:44
Link | Citer | R

Am I the only one here that doesn't care about Netflix ? (I had netflix in the past it was terrible)

If I was to see ***tier movies I'll just turn on TNT Comedy Central etc.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-29 08:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Netflix has improved significantly in the TV show aspect, but the movies suck.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-29 08:15:09
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Am I the only one here that doesn't care about Netflix ? (I had netflix in the past it was terrible)

Watch Narcos.

It's awesome.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 08:18:33
Link | Citer | R

I'll take Netflix and Amazon Prime over cable the vast majority of the time.

The only reason I keep cable is for live sports.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-29 08:19:42
Link | Citer | R

I don't even watch cable.

Only one show is worth watching anymore, and that comes on local channels for free....
By Jetackuu 2016-01-29 08:21:07
Link | Citer | R

I've used it for years (off and on) it can still use improvements but most of that is the issues with licensing.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 08:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Only one show is worth watching anymore, and that comes on local channels for free....

I used to keep it for BBC America as well but I've sort of been boycotting them since they canned Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear.

Yes he was an aging, closed-minded, borderline-racist, borderline-misogynist jerk.

But god dammit he was fun to watch and grandiose enough in his demeanor that even if he's dead serious (and I've never believed he entirely is), he was an amazing caricature of himself.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 08:23:26
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

I've used it for years (off and on) it can still use improvements but most of that is the issues with licensing.

All this.

It's really frustrating to have something on your queue you haven't gotten around to watching because reasons and all of a sudden it's not an option anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-29 08:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I used to keep it for BBC America as well but I've sort of been boycotting them since they canned Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear.

Yes he was an aging, closed-minded, borderline-racist, borderline-misogynist jerk.

But god dammit he was fun to watch and grandiose enough in his demeanor that even if he's dead serious (and I've never believed he entirely is), he was an amazing caricature of himself.
I spend most of my time on Crunchyroll.

I only watch that one show when it actually comes on (The Amazing Race) and it only comes on twice a year for about 3 months at a time.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-29 08:26:35
Link | Citer | R

Am I the only one here that doesn't care about Netflix ?

nope, I don't give a ***about it either.

The debate was pretty legit sans Trump. Cruz is the most slippery little greased up weasel I've seen in a long time. Rand had me right up until they cornered him on abortion and he pandered to the crowd. I'd kind of hate to fall into another Paul, and root for another underdog for another 10 years, but Rand was the only guy up there making any sense. Christie's tactic is to just answer every question with a story about how bad Clinton and Obama suck, which I can't really see working in the long term. Jeb looked like a total tool. Rubio, Rubio, Rubio.... I don't know what it is about this guy I don't like, but it's a powerful dislike. All he wanted to talk about was getting balls deep into the middle-east again, and it got a little annoying towards the end. Carson is some pretty sweet comic relief, but I think he's too reserved to ever get the knuckle-dragging segment of the GOP excited. John K seemed a little more relaxed this time around, but all he wants to talk about is getting things done through bi-partisanship, which is all well and good, but he needs to start in on what, if anything, he intends to get done.

so really, it's still looking like cruz / trump out front, which sucks.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 08:35:55
Link | Citer | R

I still would love to see a Republican that doesn't pander to the Christian right's socially conservative nonsense.

I think that could be a very compelling candidate. I can't say I'd even vote for them without specifics, but I could respect the hell out of them and accept them.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-01-29 08:37:54
Link | Citer | R

I still would love to see a Republican that doesn't pander to the Christian right's socially conservative nonsense.

I think that could be a very compelling candidate.

And they would lose every election, because the voting bloc isn't big enough without them, which is why you don't see it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-29 08:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Summary from italian newspaper was saying it was a feast of lies upon bs. I haven't watched it firsthand, but I can find the incriminated quotes if someone cares.

Not that politicians lying is anything new, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who gets very frustrated when they go on tv and say things that are outright false abusing the fact that the average citizen isn't always informed about everything to know better.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 08:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »

I think that could be a very compelling candidate.

And they would lose every election, because the voting bloc isn't big enough without them, which is why you don't see it.

I'm aware of that. -.-

Which speaks volumes to our country.

In the words of the immortal George Carlin,

"Garbage in, garbage out. This is the best we can do, folks."
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-29 09:01:22
Link | Citer | R

The only good show on TV at the moment is Fargo on FX. That is worth the price.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-29 09:06:07
Link | Citer | R

TV right now is far superior to any movie just about unless it is Coen Brothers film...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 09:07:58
Link | Citer | R

The only good show on TV at the moment is Fargo on FX. That is worth the price.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I haven't watched it yet because I'm possibly literally the worst television show watcher in existence. But anything with Martin Freeman in it is worth a look.
By fonewear 2016-01-29 09:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Season 2 is good too. If you liked Fargo the movie you will like this.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 09:09:20
Link | Citer | R

TV right now is far superior to any movie just about unless it is Coen Brothers film...

He says after referencing a television show of Fargo.

By fonewear 2016-01-29 09:10:38
Link | Citer | R

I know there are good movies out there but it is hard to find them. I'd say maybe 10% of the movies made are good.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 09:10:48
Link | Citer | R

Season 2 is good too. If you liked Fargo the movie you will like this.

I'm a fan of their movies that I've seen except Fargo, but to be quite fair, Fargo was their first movie I saw, I was in high school when I saw it, and may have had other things on my mind at the time (like trying to touch boobs).

Barton Fink and obviously The Big Lebowski are masterpieces, in my mind.
By fonewear 2016-01-29 09:12:09
Link | Citer | R

I still need to see the Hateful Eight. Star Wars kinda stole all the thunder from other movies.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 09:12:35
Link | Citer | R

I know there are good movies out there but it is hard to find them. I'd say maybe 10% of the movies made are good.

Well that's the thing. Much like music, movies have become so fragmented that only the big cultural events (Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc.) really manage to draw together everyone.

Otherwise it's hard to even choose what to watch.

It's a product of the internet, honestly. So much is available that people are overwhelmed by choice and people can choose such niche things that appeal to them that only the biggest of the big really make it, so to speak.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 09:12:54
Link | Citer | R

I still need to see the Hateful Eight. Star Wars kinda stole all the thunder from other movies.

Hateful Eight and The Revenant both. I have room in my black heart for many westerns.

I find it amusing that Leo Decaprio gained my respect with a western with Quentin Tarantino and now he's in a western going head-to-head with another Tarantino western.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-29 09:14:47
Link | Citer | R

I love westerns True Grit was pretty damn amazing.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 09:19:19
Link | Citer | R

While I grow tired of remakes sometimes, True Grit was very well done.

Django Unchained was an absolute treat, honestly. I thought it was hilarious that Will Smith turned down the role just because he couldn't be the guy to shoot DiCaprio's character. *** Will Smith, man. He's so damn arrogant. Jamie Foxx was better than he ever would have been in that role.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-01-29 09:30:04
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
John K seemed a little more relaxed this time around, but all he wants to talk about is getting things done through bi-partisanship, which is all well and good, but he needs to start in on what, if anything, he intends to get done.

yeah...he is still under the delusion that we want washington to do things...and stuff.

he should have come out on stage dressed like little bo peep with a sign that said "Professional Cat Herder"

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-29 10:13:04
Link | Citer | R

god damn it, I tried to talk up some debate when it's still fresh in my head, and I get 15 posts about movies / TV.

pretty good analogy for all of life, really.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-29 10:19:34
Link | Citer | R

god damn it, I tried to talk up some debate when it's still fresh in my head, and I get 15 posts about movies / TV.

Well we learned that Ted Cruz still has no idea what carpet bombing is, and none of them have any new ideas on how to fight ISIS differently than we are now.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-29 10:54:20
Link | Citer | R

First Page 2 3 ... 1221 1222 1223 ... 1375 1376 1377