Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1210 1211 1212 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2016-01-20 11:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of pointless news stories:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/2015-hottest-year_us_568e9101e4b0a2b6fb6ef5eb

Last year was the earth's hottest in 136 years of record-keeping, NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced Wednesday.

In two separate analyses, the agencies agreed that 2015 was a record-breaker. NASA found that 2015 was 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than the late 19th century, while NOAA found 2015 was 1.62 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than the 20th century average.
By fonewear 2016-01-20 11:16:14
Link | Citer | R

I told NASA they can kiss 1.8 degrees of my *** now I"m now a watch list !
By Ramyrez 2016-01-20 11:22:06
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I told NASA they can kiss 1.8 degrees of my *** now I"m now a watch list !

I know you're certainly on my watchlist.

*creepy wink*
By fonewear 2016-01-20 11:25:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure every year is the hottest on record. I'm expecting this summer to be hot but I can't promise you that... I just have a hunch.

If my calculations are correct the Earth may melt by July.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-01-20 12:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Just the same empty garbage posts.
Come on now, don't be so hard on yourself Pleebo.
Altima already covered the "I know you are but what am I" comeback. Perhaps you should have gone with "I'm rubber, you're glue" to round it out better.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-01-20 12:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Is this about changing the new colossus to "gtfo! xoxo President Trump"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-20 12:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Just the same empty garbage posts.
Come on now, don't be so hard on yourself Pleebo.
Altima already covered the "I know you are but what am I" comeback. Perhaps you should have gone with "I'm rubber, you're glue" to round it out better.
Irony, thy name is Pleebo.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-20 12:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Jassik said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Personal responsibility is not a myth, you are correct.

However, the idea those who push the "bootstrap mindset" fail to recognize -- or summarily ignore -- is that the situation into which you are born and raised plays a significant role in determining exactly how much personal responsibility is necessary.

I personally think some of our government programs need a reworking, but I also don't think that reworking should be "close up shop."

But again, we simply can't have middle ground anymore.

Almost without fail, the "bootstrappers" I've met were born into at least modest wealth. The ones that weren't live in trailers.

Cool story.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-01-20 13:03:02
Link | Citer | R

I know you're preparing for your armed seige against the government but the rest of us are just chillin'.
Beware a life run by your feelz, they will be your undoing.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-20 13:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Last year was the earth's hottest in 136 years of record-keeping,

Interesting, considering it was one of the coldest winters the USA has had in a very long time. Which is saying something because the year before that was also extremely cold.

The rest of the world MUST be on fire.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-01-20 13:06:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Jassik said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Personal responsibility is not a myth, you are correct.

However, the idea those who push the "bootstrap mindset" fail to recognize -- or summarily ignore -- is that the situation into which you are born and raised plays a significant role in determining exactly how much personal responsibility is necessary.

I personally think some of our government programs need a reworking, but I also don't think that reworking should be "close up shop."

But again, we simply can't have middle ground anymore.

Almost without fail, the "bootstrappers" I've met were born into at least modest wealth. The ones that weren't live in trailers.

Cool story.

Some people place faith in attitude, liberals put faith in victimhood.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-20 13:48:50
Link | Citer | R

New York Daily News staying as classy as always.

[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-01-20 13:59:47
Link | Citer | R

So much for Democrats being the party of acceptance and open mindedness. Guess those don't work when you realize your going to lose the WH.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-20 14:06:40
Link | Citer | R

I hate to burst your bubble Alti but the NYDN is republican through and through.
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-01-20 14:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Altimaomega said: »

Interesting, considering it was one of the coldest winters the USA has had in a very long time. Which is saying something because the year before that was also extremely cold.

I have to agree with Altima, in my area of NY (Central New York) we recorded the coldest February on record with the entire month never getting above 0F. Our summer last year also sucked it was cold and wet and we only broke 90F one time. My birthday is April 18th and we had a snowstorm 2 days before it. I do not know where in the world it is baking but it is for sure not Northeast.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-01-20 14:09:08
Link | Citer | R

Just what........
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-20 14:15:27
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I hate to burst your bubble Alti but the NYDN is republican through and through.

More than any of the political nonsense, I'm enjoying the "Glenn Frey's death is sad but I still loathe the Eagles" story teased in the corner.

"Man, c'mon. I had a long night and I hate the ***' Eagles, man."
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-01-20 14:33:17
Link | Citer | R

I can't speak for the rest of the states but that is an utterly false statement in regards to Illinois as we had a really mild season and in many cases set record warm temps.

I think you say whatever comes to your mind without any regards for what reality is

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-20 14:41:42
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Except for the owner and editor in chief.. Mortimer Zuckerman.. Longtime Democrat and huge Obama supporter..

I'm sure his opinions are very conservative republican though.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-20 15:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

I can't speak for the rest of the states but that is an utterly false statement in regards to Illinois as we had a really mild season and in many cases set record warm temps.

I think you say whatever comes to your mind without any regards for what reality is

Quote:
Illinois' average temperature last month was 41 degrees, 11.1 degrees above what is typical, said Bryan Peake, a climatologist with the Midwestern Regional Climate Center based at the University of Illinois campus at Urbana-Champaign. It beat the 38.9 degree average set in 1923.

I'll add that 1923 wasn't an El-nino year. The Global Warming from all us humans back then must have been crazy!

Also, I was talking about last winter.. Maybe you should take your own advise and stop saying w/e comes to your mind without any regards for reality.

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
While we are talking about extremely cold winters, it was 63F in Montreal on Christmas Eve.
It broke the record for 50F set in 1957.. Considering El-nino can raise temps 20-25% 1957 must have been another one of those crazy global warming years.

Globlal warming is the easier answer ladies and gentleman, not the correct answer.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-20 15:15:14
Link | Citer | R

Just cause it isn't perceived in your area it doesn't mean anything. Try asking those of us living in the middle earth sea if climate hasn't changed and quite drastically too.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-20 15:19:00
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Just cause it isn't perceived in your area it doesn't mean anything. Try asking those of us living in the middle earth sea if climate hasn't changed and quite drastically too.

You should get a hobbit to throw a ring into a volcano. This has been proven to solve the problems of middle earth.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-01-20 15:19:05
Link | Citer | R

Hmm yes but where in 'Murika is that?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-01-20 15:20:49
Link | Citer | R

So you're talking about a previous winter instead of the current one? Why? Because you think it fits your narrative? It was cold before but now it warmed up? Even you can see the faultin your silly argument or can you...

In any case you seem to just look at whatever you want to to try and make your point. Just because today is colder than yesterday or warmer than yesterday doesn't mean global arming or cooling.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-01-20 15:22:13
Link | Citer | R

You should get a hobbit to throw a ring into a volcano. This has been proven to solve the problems of middle earth.
I wish this was at least funny so I could laugh while reading so much stupid
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-01-20 15:22:34
Link | Citer | R

Trump and Palin are apparently in my town today. I have no thoughts on that but please, please let them bang. I want to see a Trump-Palin child. That'd be hilarious.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-20 15:23:01
Link | Citer | R

Trumplin.
First Page 2 3 ... 1210 1211 1212 ... 1375 1376 1377