Bye Bye FF (not Another Emo Thread)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Bye Bye FF (not another emo thread)
Bye Bye FF (not another emo thread)
 Garuda.Ishkur
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-01 10:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Square Enix said:
If you do not register your cards on one of these sites, or if your credit card issuing bank has not signed up with either service, you will not be able to access the PlayOnline services. In such case, please contact your place of purchase for return, refund, or exchange subject to the return and exchange policy of the retailer. If:
(1) your place of purchase is unwilling to accept returns or exchanges of opened software AND
(2) you are unable or unwilling to register with Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCard AND
(3) it has been less than 30 days since you purchased the software, AND
(4) you are located in the United States or Canada, THEN you may contact PlayOnline Information Center at (858) 790-PLAY (7529) and request a full refund of your purchase price for the Licensed Software, not including shipping and handling charges.

Here is the link SE's screwing with me

Well enough foreplay... today I got called from my bank's anti-fraud department, they said someone tried to use my credit card in USA at 7 am. I live in Chile, South America. So they cancelled my card as a precautory measure and they'll send a new one soon.
Well I did my share of research and my country doesn't have this system set up. idk if they even will do have it soon...

Anyhow I guess you see where this is comming, when I update my payment methods I won't have my www.SecureCode.com so I won't be able to pay for FFXI and SE will give me the middle finger, like it says above in bold.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.... idc for SE's refund for AMK... I want to play T_T
{Please Help me Out] any ideas?? anything
Thanks
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-08-01 10:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Well, I don't know anything about this, but I hope you get it fixed. ;;
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-01 11:10:54
Link | Citer | R

In the first set of update notes it said to contact the Information Center if the website wasn't supported by your bank. Enjoy jumping through Customer Service hoops, but you should be able to resume playing.
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-01 11:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Thanks... ugh it'll be a pain in the ***
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-08-01 12:20:54
Link | Citer | R

I have two PoL accounts, and each time I have to update the CC information (change card number because lost wallet, card replacement with new expiry date, etc.) I am unable to update the CC info on the 2nd account. Then I call my CC company and they say they blocked it because they thought it may be fraud. Then they unblock it. Then SE blocks it but says it's VISA. Then I end up having to wait like 48 hours before I can finaly use the CC info on the other PoL account. It's weird like that. I guess you're having a different issue, but thought I'd share my negative experience with you.

The truth is most of this CC thing on the PoL servers is automated and the guy talking to you on the phone is simply paid 10$/hour to say "I'm sorry but I can't do anything".
 Remora.Ninian
Serveur: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-02 02:10:08
Link | Citer | R

I heard if you enter your payment information on a Xbox360 or PS2 you can bypass the security code. Don't take my word for it, though. Sorry to hear about your situation :<
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Pocoterremoto 2009-08-02 02:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Ishkur said:
I want to play T_T

lies, emo thread
 Hades.Mmakk
Serveur: Hades
user: Mmakk
By Hades.Mmakk 2009-08-02 03:34:00
Link | Citer | R

I had this problem with my visa (before I played FFXI.) My old residence wasn't in the verification area. With some long, annoying, customer service bouncing between your CC provider, (provided your CC is through a 'major' company,) and the verification process you should be able to sort it out. Most credit companies will be willing to help you assuming you don't have bad credit; because they make money by turning around small amounts of money on a large scale; and they know there's a lot of providers besides them to choose from. Sorry to say though, if you're using pre-paid you might just be screwed and have to find another method of payment.

Psyence said:
The truth is most of this CC thing on the PoL servers is automated and the guy talking to you on the phone is simply paid 10$/hour to say "I'm sorry but I can't do anything".

and this.