Thunder Shot And The Shark Aura

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Thunder shot and the Shark Aura
Thunder shot and the Shark Aura
By cervelo84 2014-03-11 06:12:39
Link | Citer | R

In Delve will Thunder shot get rid of this aura? I read that Thunder dmg removes it?

Thx
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-11 06:22:12
Link | Citer | R

Any thunder based elemental damage works.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-11 06:23:18
Link | Citer | R

cervelo84 said: »
In Delve will Thunder shot get rid of this aura? I read that Thunder dmg removes it?

Thx

Yes, thunder dmg can dispel the spear effect of tchakka/dakuwaqa, but i dont believe its enough. Its required some amount of dmg to actually dispel it, and a good quick draw should reach 2k top, so its a 4k dmg in 1 min recast, dont know if you can dispel the aura just with that, but if no, gonna need to survive for a full min without stuns and with marime mayhem.

Just doing throwing an idea here, without any real test or deeper knowledge, i think if you can bring a brd/smn, it can allow mnks to come /war, if the brd can summon ramuh and cast enthunder in full party. Could be useful also in haste situations, the main reason brds come /whm, summoning garuda for hastega, and allowing even to cor to have a decent sub jobs that not /whm, and actually help with the fight.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-11 10:14:01
Link | Citer | R

since you can't stun with the aura up, sch usually nukes it if you have one.
[+]
By Spiraboo 2014-03-11 11:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
cervelo84 said: »

Thx

Yes, thunder dmg can dispel the spear effect of tchakka/dakuwaqa, but i dont believe its enough. Its required some amount of dmg to actually dispel it, and a good quick draw should reach 2k top, so its a 4k dmg in 1 min recast, dont know if you can dispel the aura just with that, but if no, gonna need to survive for a full min without stuns and with marime mayhem.

Just doing throwing an idea here, without any real test or deeper knowledge, i think if you can bring a brd/smn, it can allow mnks to come /war, if the brd can summon ramuh and cast enthunder in full party. Could be useful also in haste situations, the main reason brds come /whm, summoning garuda for hastega, and allowing even to cor to have a decent sub jobs that not /whm, and actually help with the fight.

Wonder how the enthunder dmg works on this since rdm's enthunder is base on enhancing skill which is obviously not applicable here.

Though i'm not sure how well it'll go down because shark is just too healing demanding , whm can really do with all the help they can get, even if they got healing covered it's really useful for the /whms to erase def down, hp down to prevent getting one shot on a guillotine.

I'd much rather opt for a sch/rdm for this purpose(can replace 2nd sch/blm or geo or even the pld in a 18 man setup) to accession perpetuance enthunder, and he/she can throw in a phalanx and regen 5 while they at it. all of which will last entirety if not majority of the fight with one cast. and he/she can help nuke when shield is down, and help heal when needed
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-11 11:12:24
Link | Citer | R

thunder damage has capped m.acc during aura, i've always done it with sch/rdm enthunder(phalanxga gives a nice safety net as well, makes the spikes aura not contribute to damage alongside mayhem)

mnk/war
sam/war
sam/war
cor/dnc
brd/whm
whm/sch

sch/rdm
sch/blm
sch/blm

can drop 18 man version with just those 9 without 1hs or meds or anything special as long as you have basic gear and everyone does their job