Nyzul Isle - Increased Drop Rates?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Nyzul Isle - Increased Drop Rates?
Nyzul Isle - Increased Drop Rates?
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-28 07:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering if any nyzul isle groups have been experiencing higher than normal drop rates? We've been doing nothing but boss runs five times a week for a year and a half with TH4, and it's really not uncommon for us to not see any drops in a night, even though we do 5 runs.

But the last couple of weeks we've had 100% drop rate on bosses (finally got my denali legs, the first pair we've had in a year and a half).

Anyone else noticing this? Just wondering if they've increased drop rates or if we've just been really lucky.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-28 07:48:20
Link | Citer | R

Think you are just lucky, a static of friends in my LS still getting ***for drops.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-28 07:49:47
Link | Citer | R

My last 5 runs have been absolutely nothing dropping. Before that, I've never seen nothing drop from a boss. c.c
 Asura.Eeek
Serveur: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-07-28 07:55:51
Link | Citer | R

Due to people leaving the game, my Nyzul static broke about a month ago. I've been doing pickups since then, and more often than not, we get drops from the bosses. If fact, I'm now surprised when a piece of gear doesn't drop. Also, my TH has actually gotten better since my static broke. We had about at 60% droprate on gear, and now in pickups, if I'm on THF we gets drops over 90% on the time (I can only think of one run where gear didn't drop). My TH shits out Askar the vast majority of the time, so that makes people happy. :/
 Gilgamesh.Vidian
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Vidian
By Gilgamesh.Vidian 2009-07-28 08:06:59
Link | Citer | R

we've had 4 drops from 6 runs this week and the last couple weeks have been quite similar. may it continue~
 Caitsith.Cyberglider
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Cyberglider 2009-07-28 08:39:55
Link | Citer | R

My Nyzul static switched over to assaults after going 0/12 and 2/16.
 Midgardsormr.Serbzook
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: niktod
By Midgardsormr.Serbzook 2009-07-28 08:41:59
Link | Citer | R

Anyone ever did anything to prove that TH works in nyzul? Yeah I also like having a thf when im doing nyzul with ppl I know well (ppl i know are well geared and know what the hell they are doing) just cuz of the sake of the popular myths that TH will help drops, but with pick up groups I usually like to have a BRD, healer and the rest all heavy DDs, mainly because I like to see that capricious cassie and other *** blocking mobs go down in a blink of an eye. Tho this usually creates unwanted bitching from ppl that join my 80/100 floor shouts which are in most cases peeps that never got past floor 20 and still think they have a choice into how my tokens or someone elses should be spent. So anyone got some statistics out there for TH in nyzul, by statistics i mean stuff more relevant than "i did 20 runs and iv seen this: XXXXXX"?

in b4 lolfull DD party and no TH, how fun is it to take cerb to some 5%ish and realize a few DDs either lied about having 2hrs or haven't used their 2hrs cuz "they need it after", always better safer than sorry with full DD party aside the healer and brd on pick up groups imo.
 Titan.Kappo
Serveur: Titan
user: Kappo
By Titan.Kappo 2009-07-28 09:04:40
Link | Citer | R

Think the OP has been experiencing an increase in luck. My group went 4/4 on boss wins last week and 0/4 on armor drops. All I need is denali feet to complete that set and they wont drop to save my taru life.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-28 09:12:51
Link | Citer | R

Well we've been particularly unlucky with denali legs, most weeks doing at least 2 or 3 level 40 runs for them, and this is the first time they've ever dropped for us. As an indication on just how long we've been doing it, 2 of us reached 150k tokens tonight, and the rest of the group is only a k or so tokens behind. My only 75 job is blu, yet I've thrown out a pair of askar legs, and have gotten a second pair, as well as goliard legs and askar body.

I'm not complaining though now that I've finally got them, since we were planning on farming 150k tokens each anyway, and I've got all the gear I want from nyzul on the night that I've also achieved that. But yeah, since the last update I'm sure we've been 100% on drops, but from everyones reponses it seems we've finally had some much needed luck.