Forum » FFXI » General » AH prices...
AH prices...
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-27 13:49:57
Link | Citer | R

INFLUX OF CHEAP HQ STAVES I CAN HAS!?!? ; ; Please?
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 13:50:08
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
I could understand it, just all the wrong ways of spelling the meaning he/she meant. English ftl.

Shadowchaser said:
I've seen prices dropping due to the new Unions in campaign, too. Things that were selling
for 20k+ are now selling for 1k because the AH is overloaded and ppl cant wait 24 hours for it to sell at a decent price so they just keep dropping the price so their's would sell first!

Could never understand why someone would settle for 1k if it sells in 1-2 hours when he/she would get 20k by just waiting a day for it to sell. But to each their own.

Sounds a bit better this way.
Your fix fails. It's "theirs" or "their item". Similarly, "its" is the spelling for the possessive, not "it's".
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-27 13:50:22
Link | Citer | R

Then I guess that would explain it. Augments were new, people thought the staff would fail. Turned out it can be awesome, everyone wants one. >.>;
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 13:51:12
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:
Haseyo said:
I could understand it, just all the wrong ways of spelling the meaning he/she meant. English ftl.

Shadowchaser said:
I've seen prices dropping due to the new Unions in campaign, too. Things that were selling
for 20k+ are now selling for 1k because the AH is overloaded and ppl cant wait 24 hours for it to sell at a decent price so they just keep dropping the price so their's would sell first!

Could never understand why someone would settle for 1k if it sells in 1-2 hours when he/she would get 20k by just waiting a day for it to sell. But to each their own.

Sounds a bit better this way.
Your fix fails. It's "theirs" or "their item". Similarly, "its" is the spelling for the possessive, not "it's".

I'll grab the rope, life as I know it has no meaning off of one mistake. =(
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 13:52:07
Link | Citer | R

Ooh, I know how to tie a noose too! *Ties the noose for Has.* There ya go.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 13:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Eternaltriumph said:
Then I guess that would explain it. Augments were new, people thought the staff would fail. Turned out it can be awesome, everyone wants one. >.>;

Some weapons are still simply outbeat by current stuff, but can't touch the possibility of this augment.
 Fenrir.Shindo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-07-27 15:35:18
Link | Citer | R

RMTs are trying increasingly desperate tactics to make gil. With China's ban on it, theoretically the majority of their supply is now gone (Of course that depends on whether China bothers to enforce their laws, and I really, REALLY hope they do. With bullets. Going through RMT's heads. For the 1st offense.)

Anyways, pricejacking, accoutjacking, RMT ads, and now RMTs tells wanting to buy your gil have all risen dramatically lately. None of this used to be necessary, and I'm sure they'll just get more desperate in the future.

Eventually their desperation will cause them to emerge from their holes and they will clash with SE in a blood-spattered tempest the likes of which has not been seen since the Old Testament. And as their broken, subhuman bodies are strewn across the mountainside, I will raise a glass of their blood and toast our victory. Huzzah, my brothers! The RMT are no more!

...Or something like that.
 Seraph.Octaviusc
Serveur: Seraph
user: Octaviusc
By Seraph.Octaviusc 2009-07-27 15:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
It makes the Fay Crozier, which can have -3 Perp for Avatars, completely making HQ staves for Smns obsolete.

Yes but unfortunately if you have SMN and BLM leveled you still need all of the HQ staves for BLM, so I find this rather useless IMO since I use them for both of these jobs. I'll save my gil for something else thanks.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Serveur: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-27 15:38:02
Link | Citer | R

I've been undercutting everything that I sell that comes from campaign for two reasons. First, I don't want the ***to keep taking up my inventory space. Second, if I work to drive all the prices down across the board I still win.

I make most of my gil through cooking and NPC'ing fish. So when the economy goes in the toilet, my static gil from NPC'ing fish is worth more. I don't give a ***how it affects the rest of you.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 15:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Octaviusc said:
Haseyo said:
It makes the Fay Crozier, which can have -3 Perp for Avatars, completely making HQ staves for Smns obsolete.

Yes but unfortunately if you have SMN and BLM leveled you still need all of the HQ staves for BLM, so I find this rather useless IMO since I use them for both of these jobs. I'll save my gil for something else thanks.

And what makes you think every person with Smn has Blm level'd?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 15:54:36
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Octaviusc said:
Haseyo said:

And what makes you think every person with Smn has Blm level'd?
Fay Crozier > HQ staves tbh. You get perp -3 AS WELL as BP- and then added atk/acc/m. atk/en-element/enfeeble/etc.

Seriously... 50k for a Neptune's Staff+2 = win imo. Of course you need to keep light/dark staff for curing/resting... But you go from 8 staves and a couple mil to 3 staves worth less than 100k.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 15:56:48
Link | Citer | R

On top of that, don't even need HQ Light or Dark, doesn't effect the +hMP amount nor Cure Potency.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 16:05:49
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
On top of that, don't even need HQ Light or Dark, doesn't effect the +hMP amount nor Cure Potency.
Not for Smn, no. But you want Apollo's if you're Brd or using Repose on Whm. And Pluto's for Blm/Rdm on Sleep/Drain/etc.
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-27 16:07:39
Link | Citer | R

With the right augs, it can come pretty close to this sexy piece.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 16:08:09
Link | Citer | R

Well that's assuming multiple mage jobs again. I know plenty of people that have nothing but DDs and Smn as the only MP job.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 16:12:19
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I know. Just playing Devil's Advocate. :P No reason for a Blm to have Apollo's though. >.>
 Sylph.Izey
Serveur: Sylph
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-07-27 16:19:03
Link | Citer | R

I feel it has alot to do with the Augmenting of items. Example I was a little late, but after seeing a Weskit with INT +5 I said... Hey I'm gonna go buya bunch of Weskit's and try to get that spec. Unfortuanetly someone beat me to it when they were 15k, now they're 75kish on my server. So you can kinda blame augments for some of this, but not the "rare" items.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Serveur: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-27 16:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Warwolf belts went from being NPC'd to now selling for like 60k. Yeah just blame augments lol