Solo Despot ~ COR/NIN !!!!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Solo Despot ~ COR/NIN !!!!
Solo Despot ~ COR/NIN !!!!
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-27 09:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
He doesn't link, but the biggest problem would be timing it so you're within the spawn area when you kill them. You wouldn't want them spawning unclaimed because you're out of range! If there's nobody around, all for it. I actually might try this later, I'm confident it's possible. Providing you outrun them you wouldn't give them any TP either, which means they'll never put magic shield up.

The aga's would be a problem, but for all intents and purposes, you should be able to run out of range. If not, I guess you need to bring hi-potions or something!

True, didn't think about the whole "unclaimed" idea when one goes down.
but... the only way to learn is by trying.
and I suppose if you made sure you had two charges up for QD, you COULD kill, then re-claim quickly.

As for when I take damage, potions take too much time. I honestly rely on Dancers Roll for when I'm running.
Sure, you sacrifice M.Acc or MAB... but that Regen kicks in nicely.
 Sylph.Thebigmike
Serveur: Sylph
user: mikeoakes
By Sylph.Thebigmike 2009-07-27 09:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Cors own... just to say that...
1 cor can do 8 quick draws(with the use of random deal and 2H).
2 cors can do 36 quick draws using both there 2hs and random deals.
3 cors can do 96 quick draws using all 3 2hs and random deals.
4 cors can do 200 quick draws using 4 2hs and all the random deals.
5 cors can do 360 quick draw using 5 2hs and random deals.
6 cor can do 588 quick draws using 6 2hs and using 36 random deals.

if each cor does 100 damge each quick draw...
this would take about 7 minutes to do...
i have yet to test and would love to beable to.
i think that 2 partys of cors and a party 3 pld and 3 rdms
that you can kill kirin in 7 minute...

i hope that is what wooooodum calls think out side the box
 Siren.Yunalie
user: Rayln
By Siren.Yunalie 2009-07-27 09:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Mini's would spawn before 7 minutes are up.
 Bahamut.Mekaree
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mekaree
By Bahamut.Mekaree 2009-07-27 09:41:51
Link | Citer | R

Awesome!! Gratz on claim and kill... COR FTW!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-27 10:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Kuz said:
Chaosx said:
You make me want to try my PLD solo'ing Serket experiment again, LOL! Before the update came out I've tried about 5 times to solo Serket with my PLD. I've tried /nin and /dnc. So far the closest I got was with PLD/DNC and had him down to 15%. Sadly though the problem is not staying alive, it's his rage. I don't have sea, and not even close to getting it, if I had some gear from there I might be able to do it.

But now with this new update, apparently they've changed the NMs.
But enough about me lol, I've slightly derailed. Just wanted to say you've inspired me to try and see what NMs I can solo again! Thank you :)

THAT's Awesome man.
You no way derailed the thread :)
Saying this inspired you is a huge boost for me :)

I say go for it and post the results!!!
I'll be cheering ya on from Siren!!!!

My best try so far was using an Organics sword. I'm waiting for 2 more rank ups on Campaign so I can get that new PLD Body. Then hopefully I'll get my Nbody soon. Right now I just use AF body and Assault Jerkin, but using an Iron Ram Hauberk and macro'ing an Nbody will definitely help. A few more tweaks on my macros and I will try again soon. I'll get him one of these days! lol. I'll definitely post pics when I do and probably be jumping up and down, lol.
For now it's back to Popping and solo'ing the Hocho NM in hopes of getting another one to drop for some gil and farming theif's knives. (Of course I farm other things, but these are the 2 NMs I solo a lot :P)

As for this reputation thing for CORs... Personally I loves CORs. But for some reason people don't like them in merit parties, HNMs, etc. They much rather have BRDs. But IMO COR > BRD!!! xD

I've kited Despot a slew of times. Of course it's way been with a few others. This one time though I was able to get the kill shot. Holy FTW! LOL!

User submitted image
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-27 10:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Holy ftw haha. Nice.

But on the original note, Great job Kuz!! Good drops too. Way to go friend!
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-27 10:42:21
Link | Citer | R

Sweet! sounds like you're a Man with a Plan :)
Definitely post those pics if you make an attempt again.
would LOVE to see that fight

Chaosx said:
As for this reputation thing for CORs... Personally I loves CORs. But for some reason people don't like them in merit parties, HNMs, etc. They much rather have BRDs. But IMO COR > BRD!!! xD

Its funny, I appreciate both aspects of CORs and BRDs.
But when it comes to COR...
I usually bust our COR for some of our Kirin fights, my Limbus Runs, or if friends need me for a party etc etc.
What people don't realize is how versatile a COR can be. and a big factor is the sub. and trust me...I've tried them all.
Ontop of being a great buffer, sleeper, and dispeler:
COR/RNG ~ has excellent damage output
COR/NIN ~ Good Soloer
COR/BLM ~ Excellent mini-nuker with QD's
COR/RDM ~ Good all around QDer and Healing support
COR/BLU ~ Good All around QDer and healing support
COR/WHM ~ Excellent party support (I bust this out in Einherjar or in Limbus vs Omega in a tank party)

and now that I have a Joy-toy... I'm gonna try out COR/DNC on some higher FoV and see where it takes me.
 Seraph.Darkvision
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-27 10:51:53
Link | Citer | R

Chaosx said:
As for this reputation thing for CORs... Personally I loves CORs. But for some reason people don't like them in merit parties, HNMs, etc. They much rather have BRDs. But IMO COR > BRD!!! xD[/img]

i am in an HNMLS and we use BRD and COR, COR goes in BLM PT and BRD in tank PT. normally we have 1 COR and 1-2 BRD depending who is online. but yeah COR are great for BLM for HNMs and nice way to get 2k+ MB's too. anyone that frown's apon COR at HNM's is just silly
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-27 10:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Darkvision said:
Chaosx said:
As for this reputation thing for CORs... Personally I loves CORs. But for some reason people don't like them in merit parties, HNMs, etc. They much rather have BRDs. But IMO COR > BRD!!! xD[/img]

i am in an HNMLS and we use BRD and COR, COR goes in BLM PT and BRD in tank PT. normally we have 1 COR and 1-2 BRD depending who is online. but yeah COR are great for BLM for HNMs and nice way to get 2k+ MB's too. anyone that frown's apon COR at HNM's is just silly

That's how I'd COR at Kirin.
I'd start the fight in the Mini's DD party so we can kill quickly and swiftly. Then for Kirin Himself, I'd go to the BLM party and basically stand in the center of the room with them. Toss a COR and a SMN for all the extra MAB for Wizards Roll and Evokers Roll for refreshing the BLMs and not only are the BLMs nukes huge...but your QD damage goes up!!!!! Its a Win~Win situation!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-27 11:21:51
Link | Citer | R

I was a little to harsh on the BRDs maybe, lol. Don't get me wrong I like BRDs too. I just find it annoying when people won't do anything without a brd, even when there's a perfectly good COR ready. I just prefer CORs more since they can fight and buff xD.

We used to use CORs a lot in my old Einherjar to sleep dark based mobs, Light shot I think they used. Definitely came in handy to sleep any dark based mobs.

Kuz said:

and now that I have a Joy-toy... I'm gonna try out COR/DNC on some higher FoV and see where it takes me.

Congratulation on getting your Joy-toy. I helped 2 people camp this after I got mine. They wanted it for their CORs too, lol! Have fun using /dnc. Dancer sub job is fun with just about any job :D
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-28 08:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Chaosx said:
We used to use CORs a lot in my old Einherjar to sleep dark based mobs, Light shot I think they used. Definitely came in handy to sleep any dark based mobs.
Congratulation on getting your Joy-toy. I helped 2 people camp this after I got mine. They wanted it for their CORs too, lol! Have fun using /dnc. Dancer sub job is fun with just about any job :D

Yeah COR's Light Shot is sweet for sleeping Dark based mobs, but that's where BRD has us beat by a small margin. Light Shot is a single target with 2 charges. BRD... can sleep them all at once.
/em saws off the barrel off his gun to make Light Shot an AOE

Anyway, funny story on the Joy-toy. As an LS we've been keeping ToD for a few weeks gathering Joy's for the LS members who need them (and beating out the people selling them LOL).
I got mine by default... in a very undeserving manner. the next Joy-toy was going to either my good friend Spookyx or Me. It was about 3:30 in the morning and we were exhausted camping with the group. My friends were nice enough to let us sleep and if they claimed, let it drop to either of us. Unfortunately for Spooky... it fell to me.
But I owe a debt of gratitude to my LS mates, they take incredible care of me, as I do of them :) :) :)
I owe Kela, Yunalie, Sacia, Chipper, and Dimmakimma a world of thanks.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-29 03:39:07
Link | Citer | R

Look look! Blu can too! :D

User submitted image

I'm sure this has been done many a time, but just like the OP, it's my first Despot solo, so I just wanted to brag :p
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 03:46:26
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Look look! Blu can too! :D

User submitted image

I'm sure this has been done many a time, but just like the OP, it's my first Despot solo, so I just wanted to brag :p

This reminds me of why my personal preferences are what they are. I like CORs over BRDs and BLUs over SAMs. Properly trained BLUs can do some serious damage and there is less arguments over what gears BLUs should have versus what gears SAMs should have.

Nice Job Btw xD
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-29 04:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Thanks dude, it was actually hideously easy thanks to the pond. Not sure I'd fair so well against the other sky NM's though...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 04:41:38
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Thanks dude, it was actually hideously easy thanks to the pond. Not sure I'd fair so well against the other sky NM's though...

Think you can or have you ever tried to solo Voluptuous Vivian?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-29 04:45:09
Link | Citer | R

Oh god no, where would I even start? lol

Closest I've been to soloing her is to kill the spiders that keep popping so that my rdm friend could solo it lol. But yeah, helped him out enough times to know how much of a *** she is, no way I'm soloing that lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 05:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Lol! She definitely is a ***.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-29 07:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Look look! Blu can too! :D I'm sure this has been done many a time, but just like the OP, it's my first Despot solo, so I just wanted to brag :p

NICE Man! Good Job :)

I see in the SS that it was Training 5/11!!!!
Did you pop him that fast!?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-30 07:50:18
Link | Citer | R

Yes lol, weren't many people on that time of day, just another rdm soloing up the other end I think.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-06 09:12:40
Link | Citer | R

Just to revive and continue the hijacking of this thread...

User submitted image

Not as easy as despot and a lot longer, but mostly just annoying. Solo farming the diorite was worse than killing Ulli himself.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-08-06 10:05:45
Link | Citer | R

DAMN dude...
NICE!!!!!

I've been soloing and/or purchasing Waters. Gave Olla an attempt and it went... well...sour :(

Very nicely done on the Ulli though.
Grats!!!
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-06 10:14:53
Link | Citer | R

Can I hijack the hijacker?

User submitted image

*** Tito!
 Asura.Slamm
Serveur: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-08-06 10:54:57
Link | Citer | R

Kuz said:
KUZ vs. DESPOT ~ COR/NIN .....
Winner: KUZ!!!!

impressive
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-07 06:44:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I saw that pic before ET, killing it in an hour is pretty decent, don't know much about MNK solo. Takes me about 40 minutes to kill those, a little less if I get lucky with binds and tp moves. Still, if you can solo that then you'd be able to solo Despot pretty easily and perhaps even Ulli. As I said, don't know much about MNK, but if Chakra or Mantra or w/e it is is good enough to combat constant dia and the occasional Banishga III (I managed to reduce damage from that to about 160 with MND build and dark staff) then it'd be a fairly easy fight (if not lengthy, although you could probably do it faster than the hour and a bit it took me).
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-07 07:09:31
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Yeah I saw that pic before ET, killing it in an hour is pretty decent, don't know much about MNK solo. Takes me about 40 minutes to kill those, a little less if I get lucky with binds and tp moves. Still, if you can solo that then you'd be able to solo Despot pretty easily and perhaps even Ulli. As I said, don't know much about MNK, but if Chakra or Mantra or w/e it is is good enough to combat constant dia and the occasional Banishga III (I managed to reduce damage from that to about 160 with MND build and dark staff) then it'd be a fairly easy fight (if not lengthy, although you could probably do it faster than the hour and a bit it took me).

I could probably do it quicker with a better setup. The only MND I had on at the time was my AF head (+5) Suzaku's Sune-Ate Macro'd in for Chi Blast (+15) and Kirin's Pole (+10). My friend is going to let me use his Osode since Kirin is being stingy and won't drop mine, and I'm going to buy back all my Chi Blasting gear.

I probably won't even need /nin next time either. With Hermes' Sandals, it didn't even hit one shadow.
 Ifrit.Clouse
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-07 19:16:26
Link | Citer | R

This thread makes me miss soloing/duoing as thf

blm solo is so boring, and if ur not careful with mp calculations and get a sleep resist ur ***.

On a side note. my totally gimp blm soloed jelly ring nm last month, full drops, not that it matters save the 80% ring
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-08-07 23:09:20
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Just to revive and continue the hijacking of this thread...

User submitted image

Not as easy as despot and a lot longer, but mostly just annoying. Solo farming the diorite was worse than killing Ulli himself.

Nice! But no Ulfhedinn Axe, lol :P
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-07 23:11:54
Link | Citer | R

The axe would just get npc'd anyway, but considering how much shihei/sushi I've gone through (and exp) a little bit of gil would be nice.
 Ifrit.Clouse
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-07 23:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
The axe would just get npc'd anyway, but considering how much shihei/sushi I've gone through (and exp) a little bit of gil would be nice.

Doesn't that NPC for 6k~?
 Shiva.Chelney
Serveur: Shiva
user: Chelney
By Shiva.Chelney 2009-08-07 23:29:42
Link | Citer | R

nice guys... Ive delved into the Cor soloing myself and find it more fun then almost anything else. (makes me feel... umm cool? i guess lol idk)

but heres my shots from my kills for it. Any suggestions of what else to try?

User submitted image

Saturn you better be getting good use out of those mitts on Asura! lololol