Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Nuance
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-09-10 16:05:58
Link | Citer | R

Samurai bg guide

Also thoughts on samurai’s neck being bis for tp and ws now with augments!?
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-09-10 16:07:44
Link | Citer | R

sweet thanks.
By Foxfire 2018-09-18 22:37:10
Link | Citer | R

neck is decent for TP, but up to you if you'd rather keep 10 zanshin in exchange of 4sTP and 5acc (sam.nodowa+2 vs. moonlight nodowa specifically).

for ws, it's hard to beat, especially if PDL is a straight 10% increase to the pDIF cap.

I'd like austar to come back with numbers before i change anything, though.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-09-19 00:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Foxfire said: »
neck is decent for TP, but up to you if you'd rather keep 10 zanshin in exchange of 4sTP and 5acc (sam.nodowa+2 vs. moonlight nodowa specifically).

for ws, it's hard to beat, especially if PDL is a straight 10% increase to the pDIF cap.

I'd like austar to come back with numbers before i change anything, though.

Purely out of curiosity, how useful would a 10% pDIF bump be? If I’m not mistaken, isn’t it difficult to cap on meaningful targets without using 2-Hours? Would this see widespread improvement? Or just Zerg-Only?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-09-19 04:01:38
Link | Citer | R

It'll depend on what buffs you're getting. I'd think capped attack = Samurai +2 for TP + WS. Attack uncapped = Moonlight for TP and Samurai +2 for WS.

It also isn't too hard to cap attack as long as you know you'll need it. BoG/EA Fury, CC Chaos, Dia2+LSx2 and Ageha is enough for everything in wave 3 from what I've observed. Though there will almost certainly be times when not all of that is up for one reason or another, so the question is how big the gap becomes and is it worth making ATK capped/uncapped sets.

A random aside for you guys trying SAM in wave 3: SAM can easily kill all the NQ Volte around the NM with Fudo > Fudo or a 3 step while your other DDs get to work on the NM. We found that a ton of time gets wasted if all the DDs try to assist 1 guy and the NQ volte usually die before everyone can engage anyways.
[+]
 Shiva.Zerkles
Serveur: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-24 09:52:49
Link | Citer | R

Anyone here doing wave 3? Going melee after 2 months of magic, was wondering what your sets look like.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-09-24 11:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone ran numbers on the su5 gkt? How does it measure up to rema?
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-24 11:15:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Zerkles said: »
Anyone here doing wave 3? Going melee after 2 months of magic, was wondering what your sets look like.

ItemSet 361567

DA Meva cape.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-24 15:03:40
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Why Masa?

Fudo spamga.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-24 15:50:01
Link | Citer | R

What about +1, is it strong enough to be used just like +2 (on WS at least)?

+2 is still a bit too expensive for me so got +1 for now.
 Shiva.Zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-25 09:53:52
Link | Citer | R

Are self congratulatory post still cool?

Im just really happy, wanted to share.

Also we did Sandy wave 3 last night meleea for a change, ton of fun. Took Sirtaint's set and tweaked a tiny bit since I was solo'ing non-boss volts (died a few times until i realized i needed to turtle a bit harder for some of those WS..(3k hexa ??????)

For less threatening things/base hybrid I went with

and for ***i knew would kill me in that set I went with

With BRD/GEo/Distract3 didint have much issue...except I need to work on a more comprehensive WS.ACC set for sure. I spent most of my time spaming Shoha to at least garuntee i would close SC on the more dangerous mobs. Learned to leave Nin and BST for last, which gave time for the tank to get enough hate for me not to pull.

Any wave3 WS acc sets out there? I can't figure out logical swaps from current max ws set.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-09-25 10:43:53
Link | Citer | R

Can always use the flamma pieces ("shoha" variant set) for some extra accuracy.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-09-25 12:08:37
Link | Citer | R

I used my standard WS set, recorded 1 miss on wave 3.

Same as Ejiin's but with Sam Torque +2 (which I'm sure he uses now too)

ItemSet 274964
 Shiva.Zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-09-25 12:27:11
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Stikini for the swag?
Town Gear .-.
By SimonSes 2018-09-25 13:21:28
Link | Citer | R

Ejiin said that you need 1140 accuracy on WS for wave 3 BUT you need marcato honor march, idris precision, 2x madrigal and sushi.

So yeah top SAMs out there instead of creating highier acc WS set, just bring all the accuracy buffs they can :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-09-25 13:54:23
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Ejiin said that you need 1140 accuracy on WS for wave 3 BUT you need marcato honor march, idris precision, 2x madrigal and sushi.

So yeah top SAMs out there instead of creating highier acc WS set, just bring all the accuracy buffs they can :)

IF you struggle with acc and/or getting good augments on Valorous gear (like myself), I have found this set to work well.

ItemSet 361611
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-09-26 09:09:18
Link | Citer | R

Soloing some CP on Apex Bats in Dho Gates and my Fudo damage (and overall WS damage) is seeming a little low I think? What kind of numbers should I expect when soloing? Obviously buffs aren't top tier...running Kupofried, Qultada, Joachim, Koru, and Yoran. Fudo is hitting anywhere from 7k to 11k on average I would say (just eye-ing it).

My set is :

ItemSet 357544

Ichigo is path B. Val augments range from STR13/WSD2 on feet all the way to STR15 WSD4 on the body, with STR10/WSD3 in between give or take.

My Shoha/Kasha set is pretty much the same except I have flamma feet/head +2 swapped in as well as Flamma Ring.

I was hoping a single 5 step (shoha > fudo > kasha > shoha > fudo) would kill a bat, but that is leaving it with about 15-20% HP remaining. Perhaps the damage is where it should be for the gear I have but wanted to check.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-26 09:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Are your trusts giving you erase when you get atk down?

Are you using Koru-moru for Dia III (and is he casting it soon enough)?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-26 09:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Obviously buffs aren't top tier...running Kupofried, Qultada, Joachim, Koru, and Yoran. Fudo is hitting anywhere from 7k to 11k on average I would say (just eye-ing it).

Hard to give off some numbers, because it depends on a number of things. Gear, trusts, Gifts. How many JP do you have?

A 3-5 step should easily decimate any bat in Dho Gates, so your set is a little low. I honestly would drop Kupofried, since that CP Bonus you gain from the trust is less vital if you're not killing as fast as you would with another trust, like a support. Sadly, there aren't many options you can go to. The only obvious ones I would suggest is

Replace Kupofried with Shantotto II (huge dps increase)
Replace Apururu with Sylvie
Koru/KoH is roughly the same, but I'd go with the latter

Shantotto II is very very useful. She doesn't increase your dps, but it's the same thing essentially. She will (occasionally) interrupt your SC (as will Qultada), but she wil burst 1-2 spells off of each SC, for roughly 5k-8k dmg each. In a standard 3-step, that's about 32k extra damage just from nukes, if you space out the WSs properly.

You can also drop Qultada after he rolls 2 good Phantom Rolls, and replace him with something like Ulmia. She'll toss out DD songs and ballads, which will help out a little. but she's not a great trust to be honest, so you can afford to do better here (I use Cherukiki instead). Then summon Qultada back when rolls wear off in a rotation.

For CP farming On Samurai, I hardly feel like a Healer UC trust is necessary, since KoH/Joachim/Sylvie can easily keep you alive, even if you draw a couple aggro. Cherukiki will suffice, Sylvie will use Entrusted Indi-Frailty for about 18% defense down (which stacked with Dia III), so that's decent. She'll also use Indi-Fury for a huge attack bonus, as well as Heal/NA/Erase you very quickly. Those few trust changes are IMO a very ideal swap for strictly soloing CP as fast as possible on SAM.

Now, onto gear improvements.

The obvious upgrades would be to swap Brutal for Moonshade in nearly every SAM WS set. You should work on getting that, if you haven't (the quests are long I know, but well worth the return). You can also look into swapping out Brutal Earring for Lugra+1 during Nighttime, but yeah. I'd also challenge you to try using Flamma Ring + Flamma Head/Feet+2 if your augments aren't the best. You may see higher STR using that setup.

Goes without saying: Work on those Valorous Augments until your fingers bleed xD. The body augments seem fine, but anything less than 15STR+3WSD (OR) 10STR+4WSD (depending on the stone you use) can be improved significantly. I would say keep rolling those (I used Taupe + Pellucid cuz they are cheaper but meh)

Obviously quick upgrades: Wakido Legs+3, Utu Grip, Ifrit Ring +1/Regal. You're doing Omen apparently, so a couple of those are not out of reach for you.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-09-26 10:00:08
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure its mainly the lack of buffs. You need a lot of attack to actually be anywhere close to cap pdif on apex with no def down on them. I strongly suggest to use tachi: ageha in you skillchain combo or just use ageha before your skillchain combo and do something shorter like shoha>kasha>fudo for double light.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-09-26 10:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Obviously buffs aren't top tier...running Kupofried, Qultada, Joachim, Koru, and Yoran. Fudo is hitting anywhere from 7k to 11k on average I would say (just eye-ing it).

lots of stuff.....

Thanks for all of that! I'll definitely give a different trust set up a shot, as well as swapping in some Flamma for my less-than-stellar Valorous. Oseem and I have a lot of quality time ahead of us today.....

Moonshade/some of the Omen drops are obviously near or at the top of my "to-do" list. WoTG missions *gag*
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-26 10:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Alternatively, you can do what Simon "says" (pun not intended) and just Start every fight off with Tachi: Ageha. If you build a Jinpu set for Bats (my personal favorite, Bats take exceptional damage from wind element), you can do Ageha > Jinpu until the cows come home. It takes bit of a specialized set to see some impressive numbers, but it's comparable/better in some cases than doing 5-step.

But changing to Sylvie and Using Shantotto II is probably my highest adjustments in terms of pure damage increases. You'll see a staggering increase in kill speed just by adding those two Trusts.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-26 10:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Koru/KoH is roughly the same, but I'd go with the latter

I agree with everything buuki said except this. KoH will cast Dia III faster, and he does erase, but he also casts Firaga IV on Fusion/Light skillchains, which means that you might get unwanted aggro, and he'll be out of magic points all the time.
By zaxtiss 2018-09-26 10:24:40
Link | Citer | R

hey everyone,
i looked back a few pages but i didn't see any jinpu sets.

so anyone got BIS ish set for jinpu?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-26 10:27:38
Link | Citer | R

With the way I kill and wreckless playstyle, I prefer KoH to Firaga so he can claim my next monster faster. If you're pulling out of range and killing slower (like Luna is), you're out of harm's way regardless. He will run out of MP, but surprisingly enough, I have noticed this is hardly the case unless you take forever to kill and take a bunch of damage. Then he's forced to keep curing you and running through his MP pool. Generally, the fights last 15-30 seconds with the right setup and him running out of MP or aggroing adds is hardly a concern.

Plus, Koru is a full idiot 95% of the time. I never use him for CP.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-26 10:29:57
Link | Citer | R

zaxtiss said: »
hey everyone,
i looked back a few pages but i didn't see any jinpu sets.

so anyone got BIS ish set for jinpu?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Samurai!_A_Community_Collaborative_Guide

Founders and WSD/STR. Can use Shiva Ring+1 as an alternative if you don't have Karieyeh/Epaminonda's
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-26 10:37:51
Link | Citer | R

With the way I kill and wreckless playstyle, I prefer KoH to Firaga so he can claim my next monster faster. If you're pulling out of range and killing slower (like Luna is), you're out of harm's way regardless. He will run out of MP, but surprisingly enough, I have noticed this is hardly the case unless you take forever to kill and take a bunch of damage. Then he's forced to keep curing you and running through his MP pool. Generally, the fights last 15-30 seconds with the right setup and him running out of MP or aggroing adds is hardly a concern.

Plus, Koru is a full idiot 95% of the time. I never use him for CP.

Yeah, he is an idiot... just in a different way than KoH.

He hastes me faster than KoH though. He'll dispel mobs that put up buffs, so he's decent on crabs and fish.

That would have been the best if instead of that quest to raise their levels, they would have had quests to improve their AI.
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 153 154 155