Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 155 156 157
By Armyguy 2016-04-10 03:16:36
Link | Citer | R

hmmm
 Asura.Reidden
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2016-04-11 20:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
Armyguy said: »
what is the top 3 Great Katana's besides R/E/M/U weapons.
Is the jse better now with the acc+70 n ws dmg+5%?
Are any of the Escha-Reisen GK worth it?
I'd like to know this too. Guide definitely needs updating with the new mantle and all.

You don't need a guide for that. Escha ruann and reisenjima gkt are decent. Even yorcia alluvion gkt.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2016-04-12 00:26:14
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 343105

I've been having a lot of trouble with accuracy. I'm hardpress to find more sources of accuracy. I'm hoping to AG my koga probably by next week which will be a nice chunk of accuracy, but I can't seem to find more to be able to be useful at current end game content(even VD mission fights are tough) that I can work towards. any suggestions? It's starting to seem like the only way to gear my sam enough would be to gear up BLM to get valerous.

Acro all are capped accuracy or capped accuracy/attack and capped store TP
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-12 01:06:32
Link | Citer | R

for starters, you're about 1 year behind on gear. Ryuo (+1), Reforge body, and Valorous pieces all provide significantly more accuracy. Also, Ramuh Ring +1s, Telos/Cessance/Dignitary's Earring
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-04-12 01:54:24
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
for starters, you're about 1 year behind on gear.

You always have a way with words <3
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-12 02:27:45
Link | Citer | R

I get that a lot.
By Armyguy 2016-04-14 20:37:36
Link | Citer | R

what is the top 3 Great Katana's besides R/E/M/U weapons?
1. ??? ?????
2. ????? ?????????
3. ???? ???? ?????
By nosrondd 2016-04-16 10:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Armyguy said: »
what is the top 3 Great Katana's besides R/E/M/U weapons?
1. ??? ?????
2. ????? ?????????
3. ???? ???? ?????
I would say Himetsuruichimonji with full Aug would be 1 of your 3
By Boredwithyou 2016-04-16 10:31:59
Link | Citer | R

Army just get an RMEA, whats it cost for amano now like 70m, should beable to farm that in a few days, or koga, with Sirens crashing alex price its only 150m. Easily obtained with vw spam campaign.
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-16 11:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Boredwithyou said: »
Army just get an RMEA, whats it cost for amano now like 70m, should beable to farm that in a few days, or koga, with Sirens crashing alex price its only 150m. Easily obtained with vw spam campaign.

that's not taking into account the cost of Plutons/Beitetsu to take to 119-III. that phase easily adds an extra 100 million to the price tag, give or take a few gil depending on your server.
By Foxfire 2016-04-22 09:33:22
Link | Citer | R

fillerbunny9 said: »
Boredwithyou said: »

that's not taking into account the cost of Plutons/Beitetsu to take to 119-III. that phase easily adds an extra 100 million to the price tag, give or take a few gil depending on your server.
Bored + Army are both from Siren, so that's probably why.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-04-24 03:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have an updated MDT set or does the one in the 1st page still qualifies?
 Asura.Reidden
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2016-04-25 11:46:58
Link | Citer | R

You can use it as a baseline and swap as you get something better.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-04-25 12:11:29
Link | Citer | R

What are people using for High Acc legs?
My Valorous are augmented with 38 acc, but that's only 3 more than my Acro and a loss of 10 STP.

(Not to mention Empy legs and the loss of Hasso +2)
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2016-04-25 12:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Those two you just mentioned are still the best options available.

You could go for the dream augment on Valorous of Dex + Acc/Atk + S.TP but even the +1 abjurations won't have as much acc on them. Valorous will be the highest you can get currently.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-04-27 14:49:46
Link | Citer | R

I was looking over the gearswap lua's that were posted as part of the guide, they looked like they were a bit old, are they still working currently? Is there a more updated lua available or something alittle more extensive for options?
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-04-27 15:10:36
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr said: »
I was looking over the gearswap lua's that were posted as part of the guide, they looked like they were a bit old, are they still working currently? Is there a more updated lua available or something alittle more extensive for options?

All depends what you mean by "alittle more extensive for options?"
What are you looking for it to do?
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-04-28 11:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fiasko said: »

All depends what you mean by "alittle more extensive for options?"
What are you looking for it to do?

It was hard to tell if the lua would support multiple pieces of the same piece of gear with different augments (2 acro sets for example). Currently I would prefer that inside the lua itself, but I'm pretty inexperienced with how to get it to add and work properly. When adding the gear with augments , the gear wouldn't change properly.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-04-28 11:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Any gearswap will let you use multiple augmented pieces you just need to format the piece correctly in the set.

While in game and gearswap is loaded type //gs export (while you have the various acro / valorous pieces equiped) and it will create a file under windower > addon > gearswap > export that will tell you how to format each piece of augmented gear.

For any new .lua you use make sure to add your gear and the specific version of relic/artifact/empy gear you are using for JA.

PS I am not at my computer and can never remember if gearswap is an addon or plugin.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-04-28 13:01:09
Link | Citer | R

Any gearswap will let you use multiple augmented pieces you just need to format the piece correctly in the set.

While in game and gearswap is loaded type //gs export (while you have the various acro / valorous pieces equiped) and it will create a file under windower > addon > gearswap > export that will tell you how to format each piece of augmented gear.

For any new .lua you use make sure to add your gear and the specific version of relic/artifact/empy gear you are using for JA.

PS I am not at my computer and can never remember if gearswap is an addon or plugin.

Right, I have exported the gear and have the augments in the proper formatting, entering the gear into the lua, other gear will change normally, however, the gear that has augments will not. I have done that part at least with gear for BST and have had little trouble to get the file to load. I am unsure why it causes issues for this file. Pretty sure its an addon.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-04-29 09:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Right, I have exported the gear and have the augments in the proper formatting, entering the gear into the lua, other gear will change normally, however, the gear that has augments will not. I have done that part at least with gear for BST and have had little trouble to get the file to load. I am unsure why it causes issues for this file. Pretty sure its an addon.

http://pastebin.com/u/Bokura

Try these non Mote gearswaps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-04-30 15:07:50
Link | Citer | R

http://pastebin.com/u/Bokura

Try these non Mote gearswaps.

Thanks, ill poke around with this one for alittle bit.
 Sylph.Jrpg
Serveur: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-05-10 01:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Now that the new Ambuscade armor is out, I'll look into making updated sets, although the set looks very disappointing (no multiattack, no STP).
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-05-10 01:23:56
Link | Citer | R

It's basically just new WS legs, though mythical Valorous Hose can beat them. Hands potentially a decent WS accuracy swap, but again, will lose to modestly augmented Valorous Mitts. Regen body, too? <.< Situational STP7/Att15 grip if doing low to low-mid level content as well. Rest of the set isn't beating Rao+1/Ryuo+1.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-05-11 14:24:01
Link | Citer | R

With the new regular ambuscade mobs being demons, has anyone tried to mess around with the founders set from SR with SAM?
 Sylph.Jrpg
Serveur: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-05-13 12:00:43
Link | Citer | R

Okay, so after a lot of messing around on spreadsheets, and given how lacklucker Hizamaru is, Ejiin's sets from November (previous page) still hold up. I could post sets, and I have a couple in my itemset page, but I'd basically be copying most of what he already posted. Also I've been trying to balance everything out for days now, and I keep getting all sorts of different results based on randomness of augments, situational things, different mobs, buffs, set bonuses, etc.

Koga AM3 favors STP augments on Valorous, but for other great katanas, 3-5% DA augments on Valorous push ahead by a small amount. Perfect Takaha mantle isn't far behind a STP Smertrios mantle, and for that reason I'd make a DEX/Acc/Atk/DA Smertrios Mantle for versatility, and STR/Acc/Atk/WSdmg for WS, which is a massive upgrade.

Other things:

- About our Ambuscade armor. In short, the +1 versions are better than Naga armor, slightly worse than certain NQ Ryuo/Rao and Acro pieces (mostly in lowacc situations), and significantly worse than well-augmented Valorous and Ryuo+1/Rao+1. The lack of multi-attack/STP hurts the set. However, the +1 legs are good for WS, the set itself has lots of accuracy, and is good for those who want something to use if they don't have, or are struggling to obtain Reisen/abjuration gear.

- Nepenthe+1 is a minor upgrade (about 1% over Bloodrain, when acc is not needed).

- Ryuo A +1 and Rao B/D +1 are upgrades over Valorous when augments are below a threshold (<6-10 DEX, <30 Acc/Atk + <6-8 STP, or <4-5% DA for TP - basically need amazing Valorous to compete). But it's very difficult to juggle just how close or far behind things are.

- High acc katanas (Amano, Kurikaranotachi augmented, high DEX/acc Umaru) address one of SAM's biggest shortcomings, and allow for more wiggle room with different Valorous augments, but even with vorseals/2100 JP you'll still likely wind up using sushi on high-end content. Kurikaranotachi should probably be the go-to great katana for non-RMEA SAMs who don't have Reisen gear yet.

- For those who don't have/want to use Acro head (augments STR/DEX+7, Acc+25, Haste+3) in lowacc builds, Valorous DA/STP head + Sarissaphoroi belt works well together, and in some cases pushes ahead by a small amount.

- Some info on WS: Valorous augments around STR+5 Acc/Atk+20 WS dmg+4% are beaten by some Ryuo/Rao+1 pieces, but augments better than that can overtake them. That said, it's pretty important to get all four augments to get the most out Fudo (or at the very least high STR/WS dmg), which can be incredibly difficult. I also have STR+15 augments very slightly edging out WSdmg+5% augments with the same Acc/Atk augments (a matter of +5-8 WSdmg total per piece), so Taupe or Fern should be fine.

And a disclaimer: I'm just a lurker who wanted to look more into things since this thread has been barren since Ejiin presumably quit. More knowledgable people are free to pick apart anything I've said. I also don't play the job anymore for a variety of reasons, but I do occasionally headdesk while augmenting Valorous gear and try to keep my own sets fairly up to date anyways.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-05-16 14:26:56
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jrpg said: »
Okay, so after a lot of messing around on spreadsheets, and given how lacklucker Hizamaru is, Ejiin's sets from November (previous page) still hold up. I could post sets, and I have a couple in my itemset page, but I'd basically be copying most of what he already posted. Also I've been trying to balance everything out for days now, and I keep getting all sorts of different results based on randomness of augments, situational things, different mobs, buffs, set bonuses, etc.

Koga AM3 favors STP augments on Valorous, but for other great katanas, 3-5% DA augments on Valorous push ahead by a small amount. Perfect Takaha mantle isn't far behind a STP Smertrios mantle, and for that reason I'd make a DEX/Acc/Atk/DA Smertrios Mantle for versatility, and STR/Acc/Atk/WSdmg for WS, which is a massive upgrade.

Other things:

- About our Ambuscade armor. In short, the +1 versions are better than Naga armor, slightly worse than certain NQ Ryuo/Rao and Acro pieces (mostly in lowacc situations), and significantly worse than well-augmented Valorous and Ryuo+1/Rao+1. The lack of multi-attack/STP hurts the set. However, the +1 legs are good for WS, the set itself has lots of accuracy, and is good for those who want something to use if they don't have, or are struggling to obtain Reisen/abjuration gear.

- Nepenthe+1 is a minor upgrade (about 1% over Bloodrain, when acc is not needed).

- Ryuo A +1 and Rao B/D +1 are upgrades over Valorous when augments are below a threshold (<6-10 DEX, <30 Acc/Atk + <6-8 STP, or <4-5% DA for TP - basically need amazing Valorous to compete). But it's very difficult to juggle just how close or far behind things are.

- High acc katanas (Amano, Kurikaranotachi augmented, high DEX/acc Umaru) address one of SAM's biggest shortcomings, and allow for more wiggle room with different Valorous augments, but even with vorseals/2100 JP you'll still likely wind up using sushi on high-end content. Kurikaranotachi should probably be the go-to great katana for non-RMEA SAMs who don't have Reisen gear yet.

- For those who don't have/want to use Acro head (augments STR/DEX+7, Acc+25, Haste+3) in lowacc builds, Valorous DA/STP head + Sarissaphoroi belt works well together, and in some cases pushes ahead by a small amount.

- Some info on WS: Valorous augments around STR+5 Acc/Atk+20 WS dmg+4% are beaten by some Ryuo/Rao+1 pieces, but augments better than that can overtake them. That said, it's pretty important to get all four augments to get the most out Fudo (or at the very least high STR/WS dmg), which can be incredibly difficult. I also have STR+15 augments very slightly edging out WSdmg+5% augments with the same Acc/Atk augments (a matter of +5-8 WSdmg total per piece), so Taupe or Fern should be fine.

And a disclaimer: I'm just a lurker who wanted to look more into things since this thread has been barren since Ejiin presumably quit. More knowledgable people are free to pick apart anything I've said. I also don't play the job anymore for a variety of reasons, but I do occasionally headdesk while augmenting Valorous gear and try to keep my own sets fairly up to date anyways.
Thank you for the information, it's nice that you have gone and done such a large portion of the work messing with the calculator. Most of the information is not much of a surprise really after seeing it on paper. Have you looked into the new ambuscade gear for comparison? Specifically the pants for the nice amount of STR and WS dmg.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-01 01:08:03
Link | Citer | R

Was bored, so played a tad with Dojikiri to find out the answer to a couple questions I personally had.

1) Namas' Relic Aftermath overwrites Aeonic Aftermath and Aeonic Aftermath does not overwrite Relic Aftermath. Because Relic Aftermath is applied before the WS, Yoichi's Namas does not have the option of closing Radiance in any situation.

2) When solo skillchaining, even if you don't gain AM1 until later in the skillchain (for example, Enpi > Enpi (Distortion) > Kasha (Fusion) > Shoha (AM1 and Light) > Fudo (Radiance)), it is still capable of fulfilling the 4 skillchain requirement to perform Radiance at level 1 Aftermath. The ideal way of using Dojikiri from my perspective is 5-stepping with Shoha > Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo.

Sharing this information in case others had the same question I did.
[+]
By Sammeh 2016-06-01 06:17:36
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Was bored, so played a tad with Dojikiri to find out the answer to a couple questions I personally had.

1) Namas' Relic Aftermath overwrites Aeonic Aftermath and Aeonic Aftermath does not overwrite Relic Aftermath. Because Relic Aftermath is applied before the WS, Yoichi's Namas does not have the option of closing Radiance in any situation.

Just got to play with mine last night for first time. To add to this - AG Aftermath (from a party member) will overwrite your Aeonic Aftermath. Bad Bad Bad bug from SE if you ask me. We had a BLU who was spamming his AG WS while we were trying to close Radiance, and it overwrote, and no way to get the damn thing off. Thus making Aeonic's less useful.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-01 06:29:10
Link | Citer | R

That's kind of funny, though definitely a bug.

Edit: I can't replicate your issue. In fact, I'm getting all results in favor of the Aeonic Aftermath. Activated AM1 with Fomalhaut on 1 char, used CDC with Almace on another, Aeonic aftermath remained. Removed weapon to get rid of AM1, applied afterglow effect with CDC, used Aeonic WS on COR and the aftermath overwrote the afterglow. I'm not sure how you were getting that result.
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 155 156 157