Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 155 156 157
 Cerberus.Reiden
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-10-31 12:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried out Sam lately on anything difficult?

#bump, it's been awhile
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-31 12:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Brought SAM friend of mine on SR and escha runs. Requires a bit more support then I'm used to though.
 Cerberus.Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-10-31 13:01:04
Link | Citer | R

i'm planning to do some t3 escha dd set ups to keep my group entertained with some parsing fun.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-10-31 13:38:30
Link | Citer | R

Since that post we made a video of one of our kills to better illustrate how we do it. No SPs are needed, but still recommended with how easy it is to MMM reset and warp back.

YouTube Video Placeholder

With vex/attunement, there's really nothing SAM can't multi-step skillchain to death, but most of the time you'll kill many times faster if you sacrifice some melee buffs for malaise/acumen and have the mages nuke off your skillchains. For magic resistant NMs like Hanbi and Naphula, I have not seen/heard of faster/easier kill methods than SAM doing multi-step skillchains.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-31 14:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Reiden said: »
Has anyone tried out Sam lately on anything difficult?

#bump, it's been awhile

Since we are posting videos being on sam

UNM Behemoth no 1 hours used

Sinister Reign
[+]
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-11-13 07:10:16
Link | Citer | R

So don't suppose anybody's seen the stats on the new Samurai Aeonic?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Dojikiri_Yasutsuna

DMG:315 Delay:450
Magic Damage+155
Great Katana skill +269
Parrying skill +269
Magic Accuracy skill +228
"Store TP"+10
"TP Bonus"+500
"Tachi: Shoha" Aftermath: Increases skillchain potency
Increases magic burst potency
Ultimate Skillchain

I'm pretty sure this all puts it head and shoulders above pretty much all other GKs in the game, in terms of pure damage it's like a whole other class of GK altogether, and we thought Tsuru was OP on first release hey?

Also, does anyone know what this 'Ultimate Skillchain' thing is?
 Cerberus.Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-11-13 07:50:01
Link | Citer | R

weapon is not available to be made yet, so we have no idea
By Sandmaster 2015-11-13 13:07:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm Still Happy with my A Skirmish GK, DMG+285 ACC&ATT+18 WSDMG+~5%

It's the closest GK to current Koga (Smashes Tsumaru to the floor) 4-Hit is easy to maintain.

I have a feeling however that Koga is going to make a HUGE comeback (not that it was ever gone, it just had other GK's closing the gap slightly) but once it has 269skill, and a HUGE 2H DMG boost (The additional dmg to REM 1-H swords is big enough, but 2H get much higher +DMG as that has always been the way etc etc).

The Aeonic GK will be the sole Challenger to the 2016 Koga (Imagine updated Koga with exact;y the same Skill's as Aeonic and an additional 50-60DMG slapped on it)
TP Bonus+500 on Fudo's alone is a massive dmg boost and its obvious these T4 Skillchain's are going to do stupid amount's of dmg so I can't wait to see what happen's.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-11-13 15:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Byrth pointed out that the percent DMG increase on the three swords was not constant, but floated around 35%. This would put Koga around 303 DMG, Masa at 300, and Amano at 307. Both Koga and the Aeonic look great, but I actually wouldn't sleep on Amano and Masa either; 60 STR or Accuracy is nothing to sneeze at.

I'd have zero reservations advising Amano for a SAM who didn't have the stomach for a mythic right now. It wouldn't greatly shock me to see Amano competitive with Koga in situations where you're far off the accuracy cap, which is, well, a whole lot of things.
 Phoenix.Syto
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Sessho
By Phoenix.Syto 2015-11-13 15:24:10
Link | Citer | R

If you want a quick 6-step, then I speculate Koga's speed will still be dominant as long as accuracy is still in check. If you want Ultimate SC for another form of utility, then Aeonic will be the best choice. The utility is pretty much the key here for Aeonic.

I doubt that after the damage boost to REMs a direct parse between Koga and Aeonic will show Aeonic pulling ahead. That is just my guess/bet. I will still make an Aeonic either way for the Trophy/lockstyle status. It will serve as a great achievement for all of us SAM enthusiasts.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-11-13 18:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Syto said: »
If you want a quick 6-step, then I speculate Koga's speed will still be dominant as long as accuracy is still in check. If you want Ultimate SC for another form of utility, then Aeonic will be the best choice. The utility is pretty much the key here for Aeonic.

I doubt that after the damage boost to REMs a direct parse between Koga and Aeonic will show Aeonic pulling ahead. That is just my guess/bet. I will still make an Aeonic either way for the Trophy/lockstyle status. It will serve as a great achievement for all of us SAM enthusiasts.

On top of that the New magic burst is for your Mage set up, not for your parse.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-11-30 21:47:47
Link | Citer | R

WSDMG +5% on all pieces of Valorous replaces everything before it for Fudo. If you can manage STR and high ACC/ATK on top of that it makes it even better.

STP goes up to 8, which make feet, body, head and hands amazing and even better if it's paired with decent ACC/ATK.

Just plain ACC+30 or more on all pieces pretty much make them BiS for high accuracy situations, especially if you can pair it with a nice additional augments like STP/DA and STR/DEX.

This is what updated TP sets look like. This assumes a modest +35 accuracy on Valorous on the higher accuracy sets and +7-8 STP on the lower accuracy sets.

Koga TP Low
Koga TP Mid
Koga TP Mod
Koga TP High
Koga TP Max
ItemSet 266064ItemSet 323893ItemSet 323894ItemSet 323895ItemSet 323896
992 Accuracy
1002 Accuracy
1040 Accuracy
1122 Accuracy
1150 Accuracy

One important thing I'd note is the High accuracy set now have very minimal DPS loss compared to the past while maintaining 1100+ accuracy range before buffs. While the gap is still massive between SAM and BLU+DNC in terms of accuracy, this update(and the RME update with +60 accuracy on Amano) has gone a long way to help SAM where it has suffered most recently: not being able to cap hit rate without extreme buffs/gear changes that kill DPS.
[+]
 Phoenix.Syto
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Sessho
By Phoenix.Syto 2015-11-30 22:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
WSDMG +5% on all pieces of Valorous replaces everything before it for Fudo. If you can manage STR and high ACC/ATK on top of that it makes it even better.

STP goes up to 8, which make feet, body, head and hands amazing and even better if it's paired with decent ACC/ATK.

Just plain ACC+30 or more on all pieces pretty much make them BiS for high accuracy situations, especially if you can pair it with a nice additional augments like STP/DA and STR/DEX.

This is what updated TP sets look like. This assumes a modest +35 accuracy on Valorous on the higher accuracy sets and +7-8 STP on the lower accuracy sets.

Koga TP Low
Koga TP Mid
Koga TP Mod
Koga TP High
Koga TP Max
ItemSet 266064ItemSet 323893ItemSet 323894ItemSet 323895ItemSet 323896
992 Accuracy
1002 Accuracy
1040 Accuracy
1122 Accuracy
1150 Accuracy

One important thing I'd note is the High accuracy set now have very minimal DPS loss compared to the past while maintaining 1100+ accuracy range before buffs. While the gap is still massive between SAM and BLU+DNC in terms of accuracy, this update(and the RME update with +60 accuracy on Amano) has gone a long way to help SAM where it has suffered most recently: not being able to cap hit rate without extreme buffs/gear changes that kill DPS.

Very well stated. Thank you for all your contributions brother.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Jrpg
Serveur: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2015-12-31 10:41:53
Link | Citer | R

I often roll skillchain dmg+ on valorous, I'm wondering if these are worth keeping at all for ws? We get a number of skillchain dmg+ gifts as well, so it may make a substantial difference.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-01-01 14:36:37
Link | Citer | R

Hey,
I was trying to figure out the reasoning behind the max accuracy sets on the front page, I’m not sure if it has been placed differently somewhere in the thread.

It has currently Ginsen in the ammo slot and Dynamic belt +1 in the waist. The build itself goes over on the haste by quite a bit than what is needed. Would there be a reason to not use Hasty Pinion +1 and Olseni Belt instead?

For the ammo slot it would gain 5 acc. And the 2% haste, and even though the -3 STP is there, by having Olseni belt it would bring up the accuracy by 9 and bring back the 3 STP.

This would put it at 26% haste with 14 more accuracy and the same amount of STP. The primary loss is -5 attack and -6 STR.

Is there much of a reason that Ginsen/dynamic belt +1 would be better than hasty pinion+1/Olseni belt? Being a max accuracy build it seems that the 14 accuracy increase would be better, unless I am missing something important.

Thanks for any input.
 Asura.Koyote
user: omegaxll
By Asura.Koyote 2016-01-07 07:24:50
Link | Citer | R

Anyone could provide me some updated fudo set to use with tsurumaru please ? thanks
 Asura.Reidden
By Asura.Reidden 2016-01-07 21:26:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
 Cerberus.Leauce
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2016-01-08 12:44:54
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr said: »
Hey,
I was trying to figure out the reasoning behind the max accuracy sets on the front page, I’m not sure if it has been placed differently somewhere in the thread.

It has currently Ginsen in the ammo slot and Dynamic belt +1 in the waist. The build itself goes over on the haste by quite a bit than what is needed. Would there be a reason to not use Hasty Pinion +1 and Olseni Belt instead?

For the ammo slot it would gain 5 acc. And the 2% haste, and even though the -3 STP is there, by having Olseni belt it would bring up the accuracy by 9 and bring back the 3 STP.

This would put it at 26% haste with 14 more accuracy and the same amount of STP. The primary loss is -5 attack and -6 STR.

Is there much of a reason that Ginsen/dynamic belt +1 would be better than hasty pinion+1/Olseni belt? Being a max accuracy build it seems that the 14 accuracy increase would be better, unless I am missing something important.

Thanks for any input.

You are right. I think the first page is linked to Ejins gearsets so he would need to update his gearset or you make gearsets and convince Reiden to link to yours to keep the main page updated with the best gear options. Good catch.
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-01-08 19:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Great thank you,
Since I had been gone for so long I wasn't sure if I was missing something along the way.
 Sylph.Tbd
By Sylph.Tbd 2016-01-27 19:01:43
Link | Citer | R

does anyone have a current spreadsheet i can get ahold of? im finding it hard to find one out there.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2016-02-10 09:53:35
Link | Citer | R

So what're people's thoughts on the new RME?

Amanomurakumo
DMG:308 Delay:437
Accuracy+60 Great Katana skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +228
"Tachi: Kaiten"
Additional effect: Decreases attack
Aftermath: "Store TP"+10 "Zanshin"+10
Afterglow

Kogarasumaru
DMG:281 Delay:450
Great Katana skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +228
Enhances "Third Eye" effect V
"Tachi: Rana"
Aftermath: Increases Accuracy and Attack
Occasionally attacks twice or thrice
Afterglow

Masamune
DMG:308 Delay:437
STR+50 Great Katana skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +228
"Tachi: Fudo"
Aftermath: Occasionally attacks for triple damage
Afterglow
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-02-10 17:45:20
Link | Citer | R

It may be hard to make the case for it over Koga, but Amano definitely holds up as a value proposition now.

I'm more interested in how well Fudo holds up against the plethora of WSes with attack bonuses. Gekko should be terrifying now.
[+]
 Asura.Orangebear
user: Astaro
By Asura.Orangebear 2016-02-20 05:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone give me a link for an updated/recent Koga GS file please?
 Bismarck.Norminator
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hares
By Bismarck.Norminator 2016-03-14 10:20:25
Link | Citer | R

I want to try SAM as my next CP job, does someone have an updated LUA files ?
Thx for the help.
 Bahamut.Mathic
Serveur: Bahamut
user: prophets
By Bahamut.Mathic 2016-03-21 15:19:00
Link | Citer | R

anyone have an updated sam dps spreadsheet with 119 III weapons etc, latest i found was from tojil days
By CHENGMIKEY 2016-03-28 01:29:09
Link | Citer | R

i just got my Dojikiri Yasutsuna. i having couple problems with making LV 4 SC. Before i can make double light with Shoha> kasha>Fudo. But with that Dojikiri its break the double and wouldnt make LV 4 sc. What am i doing wrong? when i try to do the 6 step double light its 50/50 to make LV 4 sc. i still making a lot double light LV3 SC with aftermath up. anyone else having same problem? or maybe i'm doing it worng? thank you
By Armyguy 2016-04-02 01:54:56
Link | Citer | R

what is the top 3 Great Katana's besides R/E/M/U weapons.
Is the jse better now with the acc+70 n ws dmg+5%?
Are any of the Escha-Reisen GK worth it?
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2016-04-08 22:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Armyguy said: »
what is the top 3 Great Katana's besides R/E/M/U weapons.
Is the jse better now with the acc+70 n ws dmg+5%?
Are any of the Escha-Reisen GK worth it?
I'd like to know this too. Guide definitely needs updating with the new mantle and all.
 Sylph.Jrpg
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-04-09 13:55:49
Link | Citer | R

STR+20 Acc/Atk+20 WSdmg+10% should be the best WS back for SAM, and it looks like DEX+20 Acc/Atk+20 DA+10% should be best for TPing. Store TP doesn't seem to be far behind DA+10% however, and it somewhat depends on which weapon you're using.

If nobody else will, I'll see if I can post some new sets after we get the stats on our Ambuscade armor set. I'm don't think I'm very qualified to make sets, but maybe something is better than nothing. I'll also try to make some sets for those new to the game, or are just starting out on SAM.
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 155 156 157