Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 155 156 157
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-09 22:21:14
Link | Citer | R

I most certainly check and then did the math and Tsuru still wins, just not by a lot. Are you going with Store TP or +DA augments on your Acro / Weapon?

450 Delay vs 484 is 127 TP per swing vs 135.

450 swings 7.5% faster for 1350 Delay between WS's, assuming three hits. 484 is 1452 delay between WS's. WS delay is 2s, so Tsuru ends up having you WS slightly more often just based on Delay.

To get 250 TP you need 86 Store TP for a 484 delay weapon and 97 for a 450 delay weapon. SAM gets 44 Store TP Naked (assuming 550 gifts), not sure what the new 1200 adds though. So you make up the difference however you can.

Anyhow that's not the big issue. Tsuru gives you far more room to add on accuracy / multi-attack / attack / all-the-above without needing more Store TP. You always get 250 back from any WS's performed which means you don't need to use any Store TP and can just Ws in max damage. Acro legs and feet are better WS items with STR +7 / DEX +7 (or STR +10) Atk/Acc +20 and DA+ on them, which is also their best stats for TP pieces on the other jobs that can wear them. Your ratio isn't automatically capped, you don't get to waive a magic wand over your stats or check enough box's on the left side, Fudo doesn't get an attack bonus, Shoha's is only on the first swing and SAM isn't a particularly high attack job. With enough effort you can make Nenekirimaru get close or about even with Tsuru, or you can just go murder Shark and walk away with a far easier option, and with style lock you can even make your Tsuru look like the Nene. Of course Nene has a 45 base DMG advantage (max augments) which means bigger WS's, so if you can easily cap out attack / accuracy with the sacrifices needed to make it work, then it could pull ahead slightly. Now I'm really curious as to what events your doing and how your playing (WS spamming / Sc linking / MB preping / whatever) and with what other jobs your with vs what targets.

A note on TP overflow, earlier I noticed you mentioned on why people don't just go max Store TP. Tp overflow is nice but you'll get more overflow from equivalent MA then from Store TP. A multi-proc on your final swing will give you an entire swings worth of overflow while also dealing a swings worth of additional damage. An additional MA proc during your TP build means a quicker WS, or if your waiting for SC window then it's a full swings worth of extra TP and a full swings worth of extra damage. This makes things like DA / TA worth more then Store TP, unless there is a very large discrepancy. Of course if you have a Koga then this changes everything since AM3 devalues DA/TA significantly.

And none of this even touches what happens when you throw misers into the mix, but that's an entirely different discussion.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-09 22:34:43
Link | Citer | R

+DA Augments on Acro. 86 Store TP. 44 STP from gifts. 6 from Bloodrain, 1 from Brutal, 12 from Body, 4 from Hands, 5 from Ring, 13 from Back, 9 from Legs. Look at that I have 94 STP, overcapping that 86 by quite a bit. With Tsu you would use every single piece mentioned except strap, so where exactly is my room for more DA/TA/QA and Accuracy that I am supposedly losing? My WS set is using max STR, how am I losing this for STP? Your argument is silly and so are you.

I don't want to use Nene because I want to be "special" or have a new GKT, I want to use it because it is quite simply a better non-ionis GKT. You gain TP a small bit slower because of 450 delay vs 475 delay and in return you get 45 Base Damage, 7% WSD, more accuracy, more attack, the same xhit, the same gear, and all around Tsu is just not even competitive without Ionis. If this was a year ago and we werent TPing in things like Empyrean Legs and Body for maximum damage without even counting the STP, your argument would work, now even a completely baseline best DPS without STP set will have so much that it overcaps Tsu by a huge margin.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-10 17:14:12
Link | Citer | R

I really have no idea how Tsuru can beat a well Augmented Nene with or without Ionis.

I have DMG+31 Acc&Att+18 WSDMG+5% (I have used stupid amounts of leaftips, +1's, +2's - if anyone can recomend a way to get the +7% I would be very grateful).

I WS in Acro with STP instead of DA, no biggie, a DA hit only adds a small portion of DMG on so I gear for 1 super strong hit. I can still self-SC with just Koru's Haste2 & Hasso, if I'm in a Speed enviroment TP fly's in very quickly, especially when the first hit after ws Zanshin's aswell and your straight back at 1K TP (The 100JP gift was very nice of SE) but anyway before WSC's DMG, I have a 285DMG GK, exactly +42 DMG more then Tsuru, then ontop of loving the strong Fudo's theres the +5% wsDMG that is on my GK. I would obviously love to have +7% but I have only ever seen a wsdmg+4% (leaftip+2, followed immediately by my wsdmg+5% leaftip+1).

People who have the well-augmented Nene will understand what I mean when you ust feel the power when you Fudo. Ontop of that, the high dmg ws's produce even higher SC DMG - something that has to be considered. I get a buzz (BNS) at seeing 20k+ lights when solo-CP-ing, the damage is overkill, but when your needed to be a super buffed SAM doing 5-step lights with massive TP overflow due to speed buffs and having to wait for the SC window etc.

Off Topic RE Augmenting.
I know I asked about any tips (excuse the pun) on how to get the +WSDMG augment, I really should of noted down the time and the game day I was offered it. When it came to doing the +DMG augment, I only had +24DMG from a Duskslit+2 for a month. I didn't get another +DMG offer for over 10 more Duskslit+2's, but I noticed after throwing 4 at it one time it was offering me either top or very near top augments, I passed 2x STR+23's, a SaveTP+100 & a SaveTP+90, not in that order, but I noticed the day was Darkday so thought, F-it, Im going to use as much gil as it takes to get another + DMG augment until I get one or end up broke and suicidal lol and after a STR&VIT+18 & a STR+23 again it offered me DMG+31. I am happy with my DMG, very few ppl have higher if it goes much higher. I wonder if their is more to the augmenting then just throwing stones at it. Also, the few people I have spoken to who have WSDMG+ said they got it fairly quick, like which I did I suppose, but I am yet to get it offered to me on my Doomsday which really bothers me becasue the rest of both guns is very nice.
 Asura.Diggs
user: Digg
By Asura.Diggs 2015-08-19 06:55:25
Link | Citer | R

I kinda just came back to the game after many months off, trying to do some catch up on new gear. I dont see Gavialis Helm mentioned, is it still something you wanna use on the right days? Or is new head gear always better?
By geigei 2015-08-19 07:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Sandmaster said: »
I really have no idea how Tsuru can beat a well Augmented Nene with or without Ionis.

It doesn't.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-19 13:41:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Diggs said: »
I kinda just came back to the game after many months off, trying to do some catch up on new gear. I dont see Gavialis Helm mentioned, is it still something you wanna use on the right days? Or is new head gear always better?
With the 14 more STR you get off Otomi even when the day bonus is up I can't find Gavialis to be worth using. Anytime you need Accuracy and the day bonus is up though it's probably worth using.

Quote:
The only way I could see it is if you were doing an event that required so much accuracy that you would be forced to swap out things like Takaha, Acro, Cibit, Empyrean Legs, etc. The set I posted is using enough STP with enough Accuracy to pull off Nene but I'm not sure in practice how it would do. Sinister Reign has some insane accuracy requirements from what I've seen and Sam sadly has pretty low accuracy in general compared to something like Blu. Also the new items might mess things up because of lack of STP in your WS gear.
 Cerberus.Reiden
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-08-19 21:13:00
Link | Citer | R

My pc died, idk when I will get a chance to check if I need to update stuff. Kinda hard through the phone.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-20 00:05:34
Link | Citer | R

I was taking a look at the new sets and trying to figure out what items would be useful or not, currently looking at:

Fodder TP:
ItemSet 337207
Requires Ionis to haste cap.

High Acc TP:
ItemSet 337225
Requires Ionis to haste cap.

Fodder Fudo:
ItemSet 337204

High Acc Fudo:
ItemSet 337205

It's probably worth noting that even with that accuracy set I'm seriously having trouble hitting the 1300-1350 accuracy mark that I've noticed caps in Sinister Reign without using some very extreme accuracy buffs like Torpor/Precision.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-30 13:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Ryuo Hakama TypeD R11 Accuacy+16, STP+3, Pdt -1%. Probly won't finish them R15 but seems possibly good TP and/or WS slot for yall SAMs? Assuming these hit Acc+20, STP+4~5, Pdt -2~3% R15.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-30 15:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Is there any use for a perfectly augmented Himetsuruichimonji (Sinister Reign GK)?

DMG:228 Delay:437 Great Katana skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Double Attack"+3% "Triple Attack"+2% Zanshin: Chance to occasionally attack twice +7% Augments: STR+10 Acc+10 Atk+10 Quadruple Attack+3%

I don't have a good Alluvion GK, but can't for the life of me figure out where this would even beat Tsuru. Anyone disagree?
By ixmalicexi 2015-09-01 02:24:54
Link | Citer | R

Is a Koga still the best overall or would I be better off with a Nene? I have all the Alexandrite but I wanna know before I use it. I do love SAM so many I'll just make one anyway.
 Phoenix.Syto
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Sessho
By Phoenix.Syto 2015-09-01 02:46:27
Link | Citer | R

Like most Mythics, if you are efficient at keeping AM3 up always then it will surpass everything. If you don't keep it up, then it's true potential will be lost. You have to make one and play with it to get used to the style. Once you mastered it, you will appreciate it's full potential.

The Mythic blade won't let you down. I have had one for over 3 years now and most will agree with me. The other blades out there from Delve and Alluvion are also great alternatives if you can't keep up with "The Style of The Koga"... ^_*)y
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2015-09-03 15:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Is there any guides that are a step back from the top top gear sets? Just hit 99 and I have some work to do before I can even consider starting the process of collecting this gear. I've been out for a few years and getting up to date on gear choices have been difficult to get through with all the new events and options.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-09-04 02:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Uh, not sure if anyone still plays SAM, but I still do! Updated my Koga sets. I wouldn't be shocked if all GK fit into these sets without any issues, but haven't actually checked yet.

Koga TP Low
Koga TP Mid
Koga TP Mod
Koga TP High
Koga TP Max
ItemSet 266064ItemSet 323893ItemSet 323894ItemSet 323895ItemSet 323896
904 Accuracy
940 Accuracy
977 Accuracy
1018 Accuracy
1063 Accuracy

•Acro body/legs/feet ideal augments: STR/DEX+7, Accuracy+25, STP+6.
•Acro helm ideal augments: STR/DEX+7, Haste+3, Accuracy+25.
•Based off my 1200 JP SAM with capped gifts so accuracy listed and accuracy you see may vary.
[+]
 Bahamut.Essellys
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Essellys
By Bahamut.Essellys 2015-09-08 10:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Uh, not sure if anyone still plays SAM, but I still do! Updated my Koga sets. I wouldn't be shocked if all GK fit into these sets without any issues, but haven't actually checked yet.

Koga TP Low
Koga TP Mid
Koga TP Mod
Koga TP High
Koga TP Max
ItemSet 266064ItemSet 323893ItemSet 323894ItemSet 323895ItemSet 323896
904 Accuracy
940 Accuracy
977 Accuracy
1018 Accuracy
1063 Accuracy

•Acro body/legs/feet ideal augments: STR/DEX+7, Accuracy+25, STP+6.
•Acro helm ideal augments: STR/DEX+7, Haste+3, Accuracy+25.
•Based off my 1200 JP SAM with capped gifts so accuracy listed and accuracy you see may vary.
Many many thanks from a confused and lost sam
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-09-08 11:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Those Ryuo pieces are godlike high accuracy gear. It's too bad that they are so hard to get.

Can you post updated Fudo sets please?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2015-09-08 17:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Probably not absolutely perfect for all tiers but here you go:

Koga WS Low
Koga WS Mid
Koga WS Mod
Koga WS High
Koga WS Max
ItemSet 274964ItemSet 337750ItemSet 337751ItemSet 337752ItemSet 337753
870 Accuracy
939 Accuracy
989 Accuracy
1044 Accuracy
1118 Accuracy

•NQ Rao is still acceptable if HQ is unrealistic. Despair is also very good for WS.
•Acro: All used should have 20 accuracy/attack and +20 WS accuracy. Technically WSDMG+3% would be best for Fudo, but +10 STR isn't that far behind and can be used for other WS(Shoha/Rana) if you don't want to make a different set.
•Shoha/Rana: Brutal over Ishvara. Ifrit ring +1 over Karieyh.
•These sets are ignoring the +100 accuracy boost on the first hit to ensure the multi-hit rounds land.

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Those Ryuo pieces are godlike high accuracy gear. It's too bad that they are so hard to get.

Yeah, but at the very least the NQ versions aren't half bad to use in the meantime.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2015-09-08 18:09:47
Link | Citer | R

So basically can shelve phorcys. Since I can't remember when I didn't need some sort of accuracy. Also I'm finding a perfectly augmented gk from sinister will pull ahead where accuracy is an issue.
 Cerberus.Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-09-08 18:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Thx Ejiin. just got my new pc a few days ago, so now i can catch up with all this new gear.
 Bismarck.Ronalas
Serveur: Bismarck
user: jackx
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2015-09-10 15:03:56
Link | Citer | R

probably a dumb question or statement but if no r/e/m and want to say screw allu what is a good gk to go get ? sensui, Ichigohitofuri, or Himetsuruichimon or none of those ? sensui is from escha-zitah ichi is from escha-ruan and himet is from sr . Also in your set at bottom you note that despair is good also as an option for ws which path would that be path B?
 Shiva.Applesmash
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2015-09-10 17:34:35
Link | Citer | R

Ichigohitofuri is probably the best out of those listed, paths A/B/C are probably : DMG+30/STR+20/ATT+20, DMG+30/STR+20,ACC+15,DMG+30,ACC/ATK+20.

No clue what type D is.
By fillerbunny9 2015-09-11 23:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Ichigohitofuri Paths:
Path A - DMG+30, STR+20, Att+20
Path B - DMG+30, STR+20, Acc+15
Path C - DMG+30, Acc+20, Att+20
Path D - AGI+20, R.Acc+25, Recycle +15
 Shiva.Applesmash
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2015-09-12 03:21:13
Link | Citer | R

Path D: #bringbackyoichi
By fillerbunny9 2015-09-12 10:21:25
Link | Citer | R

it didn't truly go away for some folks, as there was a certain versatility obtained by being able to use a Ranged WS. not to mention that SAM actually has a fair amount of R.Acc options compared to a job like THF for crossbows (if they create a Bloody/Acid/Sleep Bolts 2.0 maybe they'd make a comeback too) that it wasn't necessarily out of the question and was used for some Delve stuff. then again, the best that SAM has access to is Apex Arrow, barring Namas, which is a disappointing option overall.

regardless, Paths A and B are both incredibly strong options, which should hopefully put Tsurumaru to rest once and for all.
 Cerberus.Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-09-17 12:34:23
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ronalas said: »
probably a dumb question or statement but if no r/e/m and want to say screw allu what is a good gk to go get ? sensui, Ichigohitofuri, or Himetsuruichimon or none of those ? sensui is from escha-zitah ichi is from escha-ruan and himet is from sr . Also in your set at bottom you note that despair is good also as an option for ws which path would that be path B?

WeaponsNenekirimaruSensui AIchigohitofuri CHimetsuruichimon
DMG254255242228
Delay484450450437
DMG+340300
ACC20202010
STR07010
ATT2002010
DA0003
TA0002
QA0003
WS Dmg7000
STP05100

Nene would be your highest dps and himet looks like it could be fun on fodder.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-09-17 15:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, so I see Kogarasumaru is still listed as the #1 be-all-end-all GK of the game. I always thought that AM3 gave it a tremendous amount of power nut I've just been informed by another player over on the FFXI Subreddit that Tsuru and Nene are better for current endgame content, and between those two there isn't a whole lot of difference in power either.

So assuming best augments & buffs available for all GKs, what is considered the best GK for current end game content? Or is it still a matter of time and place, with each GK being good in different situations?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-17 15:52:04
Link | Citer | R

koga > nene > tsuru

there's not really anything to debate, koga wins by a significant margin and nene vs tsuru will depend on augments
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-09-17 21:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Excuse me if this has already been said but Norifusa, the new unity GKT, looks AMAZING. Perhaps it outdoes koga? If it's like the old soboro, that means it's AM3 ALL THE TIME, plus acc, STR, and some WS acc to boot. The NQ looks better than the HQ though, because the 450 delay is more favorable than the 437 delay of the +1 version. You won't miss one extra damage and WS ACC, but you'll miss having to mess with your x-hit build.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-09-17 21:27:29
Link | Citer | R

54 less base damage and OA2-3 on soboro doesn't proc on WS like AM3 does

cost of putting AM3 up is nearly nothing to sam, the only way it'd be remotely close is if you're sitting at like 30% accuracy

and even then, i have a hard time believing you could create any situation where it actually wins
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 155 156 157