Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 155 156 157

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Ketsuu
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Ketsuu 2015-01-05 14:48:19
Link | Citer | R

Any reason why you wouldn't use Moonshade Earring for Namas Arrow?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-05 14:49:18
Link | Citer | R

Because it does nothing for it other than increasing aftermath duration.
 Odin.Ketsuu
By Odin.Ketsuu 2015-01-05 14:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Ahh, wasn't sure why. Thanks Llew :)
 Fenrir.Arcto
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Arcto
By Fenrir.Arcto 2015-01-05 18:17:04
Link | Citer | R

I don't try to know math that well, but how much store TP is needed for a 450 delay GKT without ionis/other buffs for a 4 hit? Or is it 5 hit people are after? Been on quite a long break sadly..
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-01-05 19:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Think it's written within the sets on the 1st page of the guide if I remember right...

On another note, got Tripudio earring and wondering if there are major tweaks to be done with builds posted in the guide? Any update Stardiver sets too?
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2015-01-05 19:35:08
Link | Citer | R

It's my understanding that because of the wonderful scaling as tp increases, that over tping is a positive thing. You don't necessarily want to sit on tp, but skillchains are so great that it's worth doing them.

more on topic for your question, it's slightly more complicated than just store tp anymore. Save TP has to be factored in as well.

assuming ws in stp12 bloodshed, brutal, rajas for 174 tp

delay saveTP:0 saveTP:10 saveTP:25 saveTP:35
450 34 34 24 2

additionally worth noting, tsuru-ionis ws+3hits is 49 store tp
 Asura.Dirzisul
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Dirzisul 2015-01-14 10:12:08
Link | Citer | R

Since the Tsurumaru WS sets are no longer showing up have they changed or still shoot for the Fudo sets listed for Koga??
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Serveur: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2015-01-14 10:39:34
Link | Citer | R

For Fudo Max I would use these.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28283/gigan-boots-1

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-01-14 10:54:41
Link | Citer | R

gigantes are ilvl. ejekamal with str augment would be better than xaddi too.

the point of max is that you don't need any accuracy or attack.

but really the difference between 4 str from sakonji sune-ate +1 is so inconsequential that you may as well save yourself the 1 inventory (i think i'm pushing > 80/80 on SAM now) just to kill fodder in a fraction of a second faster
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-14 12:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dirzisul said: »
Since the Tsurumaru WS sets are no longer showing up have they changed or still shoot for the Fudo sets listed for Koga??
I recently updated item sets and am no longer going to make separate WS sets for each GK since the changes between them are pretty miniscule. Main differences are with Tsurumaru you don't have to account for STP in your WS set thanks to the Save TP (so Gigantes +1 for Max over Sakonji +1 are an option if you have inventory room, for example; others may still want to use Sakonji +1 simply for the STP to help with x-hit builds) and Koga uses Vulcan's Pearl over Brutal Earring.

OP still hasn't gone through and updated the item sets, so if he doesn't do that within a couple days I guess I'll try re-organizing them myself, but I'm pretty bad at that stuff so let's hope it doesn't come to that!
 Cerberus.Reiden
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-01-15 20:06:57
Link | Citer | R

^^b
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-17 02:37:29
Link | Citer | R

How would the new stinger helm +1 compare to gavialis helm or otomi helm with +8 STR for Great Katana WS's?

Kind of like middle-ground between augmented otomi helm with +8 STR, and gavialis helm.

More accuracy/less STR than otomi helm with +8 STR.

but,

More STR/less accuracy than gavialis helm.

Thoughts?
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Serveur: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2015-01-17 12:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
(i think i'm pushing > 80/80 on SAM now)

I just recently started adding enmity sets. My inventory is crying lol.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-17 12:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
How would the new stinger helm +1 compare to gavialis helm or otomi helm with +8 STR for Great Katana WS's?

Kind of like middle-ground between augmented otomi helm with +8 STR, and gavialis helm.

More accuracy/less STR than otomi helm with +8 STR.

but,

More STR/less accuracy than gavialis helm.

Thoughts?
It's a good accuracy piece for your WSs that have attack bonuses, although Gavialis Helm would still beat it if its day bonus is active.
[+]
By Latnemurtsni 2015-01-17 15:47:46
Link | Citer | R

What's a good WS Set with high Acc? I'm having trouble dealing good dmg and landing my WS's on High-Tier battlefields on D. I have around 850 with just Hasso for my set.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-17 15:52:29
Link | Citer | R

Depends which BC and what accuracy buffs you usually have. This is a good chunk of accuracy w/o hurting your damage too much, though:

ItemSet 332252
By Latnemurtsni 2015-01-17 16:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Depends which BC and what accuracy buffs you usually have. This is a good chunk of accuracy w/o hurting your damage too much, though:

ItemSet 332252

I was doing Celestial Nexus II on D a few minutes ago and was averaging 2.1K on WS. I threw on my Light Belt but felt like that didn't cut it and am using Prosilio for my next go. Unfortunately I don't have Hauby or Zennaroi. Sakonji +1 / Steelflash a workable replacement?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-01-17 16:11:12
Link | Citer | R

yes
By ryukin182 2015-01-18 04:42:23
Link | Citer | R

I feel like i'm going crazy here. I looked at the updated front page of tp set for tsu, and I put it against the old set, and it loses by 16 dps. Let alone the fact that I keep getting wakido legs and sak feet beat ontronif with 2 DA. Is my spread sheet messed up?

And yes, the ontronif have the inputed 2% DA on both, and the hime body with the haste and store tp. Can someone point out what i'm missing?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-18 05:02:26
Link | Citer | R

ryukin182 said: »
I feel like i'm going crazy here. I looked at the updated front page of tp set for tsu, and I put it against the old set, and it loses by 16 dps. Let alone the fact that I keep getting wakido legs and sak feet beat ontronif with 2 DA. Is my spread sheet messed up?

And yes, the ontronif have the inputed 2% DA on both, and the hime body with the haste and store tp. Can someone point out what i'm missing?

Whats your target?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-18 10:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Do you have 15 STP on the Hime Domaru +1? Since you can change unities to w/e is in first place at the start of each conquest tally, it's not unreasonable to assume max unity bonus.
By ryukin182 2015-01-18 13:27:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Whats your target?

I have TP set 1 beating TP set 2 everything after DC dynamis.

Do you have 15 STP on the Hime Domaru +1? Since you can change unities to w/e is in first place at the start of each conquest tally, it's not unreasonable to assume max unity bonus.

I changed it from 10 to 15, didn't change it to where it would be winning. Almost exact same.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-18 14:11:46
Link | Citer | R

I'm afraid I can't replicate your results. The buffs I use for my comparisons are:
Under these conditions, the new set beats the old set by 4-5 DPS.

As for the leg/feet swap, just in this situation, I do get Sakonji Sune-ate +1 *just barely* ahead (like 1 DPS more, or .0006 more) of 2 DA Otronif feet, but Wakido Haidate +1 still lose out to 2 DA Otronif legs.

Ultimately, though, the difference between the few couple swaps is so miniscule I wouldn't say someone is "bad" or "wrong" if their set differs slightly. The smallest things could change the outcome of some pieces and you may find things slightly better or slightly worse than what's in the OP depending on your buffs. Do note that the sets in the guide are not saying "you must shoot for this to be the best". As the saying goes, it's all situational.
[+]
By ryukin182 2015-01-18 15:41:26
Link | Citer | R

Honestly I posted this to be proven wrong, because I was messing around with the spreadsheet and was getting a head ache why I was not getting the same results. I was also somewhat going into putting OP's set as what you SHOULD have for the best gear available and not situational so I did not think of it that way.

Also, I can't even click the spoiler, lol what.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-18 15:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Also, I can't even click the spoiler
Over-TP Rnds 0.35
Ionis up
Tojil
10% Defense Down
RCB
Frailty 37.1%
Fury 44.9%
Torpor 44 evasion down (Entrusted)
Haste
Boost-STR 500 skill
2x March +5
1x Madrigal +5
1x Minuet +5
Berserk/Aggressor/Hasso/Overwhelm/Meditate active
Meditate Over-time 10
Meditate Merits 1
Zanshin Merits 4
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-18 16:22:07
Link | Citer | R

I was also somewhat going into putting OP's set as what you SHOULD have for the best gear available and not situational so I did not think of it that way.
Things like ratio, dDex, fSTR and even the rest of your set or augments other pieces of your gear have will make some pieces better than others in TP sets. For example, with the Relic119 feet and 2 DA Otronif +1 feet, at uncapped ratios the two are about equal, but at capped ratio, Otronif Boots +1 will start leaving Sakonji+1 behind.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-01-25 15:13:05
Link | Citer | R

probably not the right place to ask, but does anyone have a rule to switch out wakido kote +1 when haste samba is on?

would it be something like:

elseif buffactive["Haste Samba"] and player.in_combat then
windower.send_command('input /equip hands "Otronif Gloves +1"')?

ontop of that, would there be anyway to toggle what hands to equip based on your accuracy level equipped? was thinking otronif gloves +1 for low acc and sakonji kote +1 for mid/high acc

do you even get the haste samba buff when someone else is using it? i can't even remember
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-01-25 15:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
do you even get the haste samba buff when someone else is using it? i can't even remember
Not the status buff at the top, no.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 155 156 157