Cerberus Delve: Daquwaqa
 Cerberus.Reiden
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-01-19 09:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »
Screw Delve, you should all be capped on gear by now, how are you not?? Needs more Divine Might II, that's where alot of good gear comes from :/

Many of us are capped gear, we do delve for fun and to mess with parses
[+]
By Ophannus 2014-01-19 09:48:26
Link | Citer | R

Why not work towards setting up Divine Might runs?
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-01-19 10:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Count me in :) I was in the run yesterday on GEO, but can also come WHM or SCH.
[+]
By Spiraboo 2014-01-19 11:08:51
Link | Citer | R

What makes you think doing delve means we're not doing divine might? whilst there's time constraints i don't think these events are mutually exclusive.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-19 12:44:23
Link | Citer | R

Spiraboo said: »

What makes you think doing delve means we're not doing divine might? whilst there's time constraints i don't think these events are mutually exclusive.

Stick to OP please ~
If you're comments are not constructive, helpful or down right hilarious, Leave the forum, or your posts will be reported ~

But to answer your rather "short minded question" People do delve for the following reasons:
  • For ammo.

• For Fun.

• To gear a New Job.

• For Mules / 2nd characters.

• Because they were not arround during the Big Crazy Rush.

• Because they were not geared for it.

• Because they have low play time / family commitments.

Feel free to use the many reasons of life as a reason.

This question has been answered now back to the OP ~

Spira we will start finding people at 10 ish but will probably start at 11~
Avalon we will sort your job later once we know what we have.
 Cerberus.Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-01-19 13:34:40
Link | Citer | R

That is done as a LS event.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vedder
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2014-01-19 19:44:39
Link | Citer | R

We wonned!

Nice job all, and thanks to Kylos & Conagh.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-01-19 19:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Lesson of the day : Apparently March +3 is a lot to ask for (as in +2 instrument with AF3, not celaeno's instrument)..........

Grats Kylos!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-19 21:06:11
Link | Citer | R

Congrats and Thankyou to all :)
By Ravenn42 2014-01-19 21:55:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Spiraboo said: »

Stick to OP please ~
If you're comments are not constructive, helpful or down right hilarious, Leave the forum, or your posts will be reported ~

But to answer your rather "short minded question" People do delve for the following reasons:
  • For ammo.

• For Fun.

• To gear a New Job.

• For Mules / 2nd characters.

• Because they were not arround during the Big Crazy Rush.

• Because they were not geared for it.

• Because they have low play time / family commitments.

Feel free to use the many reasons of life as a reason.

This question has been answered now back to the OP ~

Spira we will start finding people at 10 ish but will probably start at 11~
Avalon we will sort your job later once we know what we have.

Or some players are on a JOKE of a server like bahamut. Not many good ls around and shout groups can't even beat tojil let alone bee or shark.
 Cerberus.Coops
user: coops
By Cerberus.Coops 2014-01-20 04:19:35
Link | Citer | R

Or Cerberus apparently. Delve was on farm status by basically the entire server before XIV came out, now look at it.
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-01-20 05:59:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

I don't know why you think delve isn't still happening, I think I've been on at least one run every other day in 2014 so far (and there's always been a shout for a few bodies I'm sure?), but maybe my view is biased due to time zones or whatever. Counting the people from the group I started delve with (ignoring the quitters), I'd say maybe 10% of them wouldn't be up for more delve due to too much time sink but I'm sure they could be convinced for the odd run.

Also, major lol@that BRD(march+0) who didn't say anything whole run and then tried to blame our stuns afterwards regardless of the fact that all TP moves were stunned with double our normal recasts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-01-20 07:03:48
Link | Citer | R

Did you not notice that we missed a lot of stuns when the shield was up?! WE FAIL. Let's ditch our stun gear, you can go back to playing drg and i can go back to whm. <3

2nd run was only slightly better, We had a march+2(+2 instrument, no AF3) bard. lol
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-01-20 08:18:26
Link | Citer | R

Nah, in that first run we didn't get any stun resists remember? People were so eager to kill sea creatures they decided to take the fight to Dakuwaqa!

At least the new BRD was prepared to spend the amount of effort(lol) it takes to run to the AH to buy an instrument. If people want to take part in delve they should get themselves to delve quality before trying to join the runs. That said, leaders shouldn't be letting underskilled and undergeared players join if we have to rely on them to play, even if that play is limited to "stand there and maintain two songs on two players" which some players still appear to have difficulty doing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-01-20 09:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Thumbs up to Conagh and Kylos for setting up the Delve run(s). Much appreciated! And cheers to Chubs and Flaming for being stun-tastic.

We should do a Delve marathon soon. I'm guessing a few folks out there still need clears - probably Bee in particular. :o
 Cerberus.Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-01-20 15:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Coops said: »
Or Cerberus apparently. Delve was on farm status by basically the entire server before XIV came out, now look at it.

I thought more groups began doing boss runs at the end of july. I remember going with the tubbies, exodus and armada during this period and whirlingwind started in august to do bosses.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-20 15:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »
Nah, in that first run we didn't get any stun resists remember? People were so eager to kill sea creatures they decided to take the fight to Dakuwaqa!

At least the new BRD was prepared to spend the amount of effort(lol) it takes to run to the AH to buy an instrument. If people want to take part in delve they should get themselves to delve quality before trying to join the runs. That said, leaders shouldn't be letting underskilled and undergeared players join if we have to rely on them to play, even if that play is limited to "stand there and maintain two songs on two players" which some players still appear to have difficulty doing.

Yea, that was up to Conagh. If it was up to me I would have interrogated every person joining which would have taken much longer, but that's how I won Tojil for the first time lol.

Reiden, linkshells did spam delve over and over and got clears, whereas other people didn't have the time to join linkshells everyday (or didn't have the courage/equipment) to do those runs. Or they join a linkshell and they are going through a rough patch, meaning they just can't win any delve no matter how hard they try due to a lack of key players.

I got all three of my delve clears in PUGs (one of them entirely lead by myself), and how many clears did I get in WhirlingWind? None. That's not a dig at endgame linkshells by any means, but it is apparent that PUG groups can still win those zones for those players who may have missed out.

I took a break partially because I felt the server was not up to the task of killing Dakuwaqa. There were players who could kill it, but wouldn't bother to help out because they had already killed it months prior and got the gear. People will always be on a different stage of the game, and people will continue to do Delve, not just for the extra gil, but to help those players who missed out on the initial rush.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 15:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Thumbs up to Conagh and Kylos for setting up the Delve run(s). Much appreciated! And cheers to Chubs and Flaming for being stun-tastic.

We should do a Delve marathon soon. I'm guessing a few folks out there still need clears - probably Bee in particular. :o

NO MORE DELVE, if people need wins they an find someone else!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-20 15:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

NO MORE DELVE, if people need wins they an find someone else!

I still need a gazillion plasm, so I will take over :p You have served your time lol.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 15:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Cerberus.Flaminglegion said: »

Yea, that was up to Conagh. If it was up to me I would have interrogated every person joining which would have taken much longer, but that's how I won Tojil for the first time lol.

Reiden, linkshells did spam delve over and over and got clears, whereas other people didn't have the time to join linkshells everyday (or didn't have the courage/equipment) to do those runs. Or they join a linkshell and they are going through a rough patch, meaning they just can't win any delve no matter how hard they try due to a lack of key players.

I got all three of my delve clears in PUGs (one of them entirely lead by mself), and how many clears did I get in WhirlingWind? None. That's not a dig at endgame linkshells by any means, but it is apparent that PUG groups can still win those zones for those players who may have missed out.

I took a break partially because I felt the server was not up to the task of killing Dakuwaqa, there were players who could kill it, but wouldn't bother to help out because they had already killed it months prior and got the gear. People will always be on a different stage of the game, and people will continue to do Delve, not just for the extra gil, but to help those players who missed out on the initial rush.

Shouting 65+ Minutes for a BRD and someone comes, and seeing as I can solo stun with just March +2 and a Cor, 2 SCH have no excuses.

That said once it was discovered he was ultra gimp (not a deal breaker) and he then tried to pin the blame on 2 of the best stunners on cerberus lol /Boot + Blacklist.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-01-20 15:25:11
Link | Citer | R

who was this BRD?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-20 15:25:28
Link | Citer | R

Oh I know.. I wish people would learn that they need to be at a certain level to do delve bosses... but you know, it's always been like that and probably always will be. And the BRDs name began with Jp and ends in an explosion.. but you ain't seen or heard from me.. right?

But at the end of the day, it is proven that a PUG group can defeat any of the delve zones, it just requires that players (all of them) can do what they are meant to be doing, and are able to react when ***hits the fan. Leaving after one failed attempt is ultra negative, and you are always more likely to fail the first one or two attempts in a PUG then a third or fourth. So don't give up! If Cerberus can do it, any server can do it.

You can lock this thread now. :p
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 15:34:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Valmur said: »
who was this BRD?

[Name Removed] ~ Don't get me wrong aside from gear he wasn't bad, just don;t point fingers at people who do they're ***properly.

You know what they say about glass houses..

They look like a pleb looking through a hole in their broken glass house while everyone can look in and see what a Douche decision they made...
 Cerberus.Zephr
user: zephr
By Cerberus.Zephr 2014-01-20 15:48:17
Link | Citer | R

ITT: Delve is hard.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-01-20 15:48:19
Link | Citer | R

Wow, saw your shouts for brd, but figured you'd want Caleano harp, hate that stupid drop system now. Figured my march +3 would be just lol these days, guess not.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-20 15:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
Wow, saw your shouts for brd, but figured you'd want Caleano harp, hate that stupid drop system now. Figured my march +3 would be just lol these days, guess not.

You're always welcome Ganlere lol
 Cerberus.Ganlere
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-01-20 15:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Still sad how little effort some put into jobs. Last month or so has basically given away all +2 empy gear, even by pathetic gil making standards mostly anything on AH can be bought, and even if you have no friends or duo-box you can still decently gear any job. Heck, even skill is being handed out like candy.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-01-20 16:01:59
Link | Citer | R

He used a reive instrument (the wind skill +10 while in reive all songs +2). So he obviously gave it "some" thought or he would've walked in with a maple harp (to be fair, that reive instrument is almost as rubbish as maple harp..)

But yes. It's like a mnk coming in with an pre SoA weapon. Why do bards think they can get away with it? lol. The requirements of bards is a lot less strict than melees and some other jobs already... Just hilarious really ^^
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-01-20 16:15:04
Link | Citer | R

COR probably has the lowest skill requirement most of the time, just go /whm make sure you keep rolls up and haste a DD or 2. Now since you've been talking about bee, if you're asking a gimp COR to do decent Last Stands, then they might get shown up.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-20 16:29:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
COR probably has the lowest skill requirement most of the time, just go /whm make sure you keep rolls up and haste a DD or 2. Now since you've been talking about bee, if you're asking a gimp COR to do decent Last Stands, then they might get shown up.

The problem with that is.. most people never want COR to DD... and you need quite a lot of extra gear to be able to DD properly on COR, so after doing delve as /whm dozens of times, and suddenly someone asks you to melee and weaponskill when you already put that idea to rest months ago... you're all like...