Picking My Cor Back Up After Hiatus. Questions! Please Help

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Picking my cor back up after hiatus. Questions! Please help
Picking my cor back up after hiatus. Questions! Please help
 Cerberus.Dezdemona
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Gravity
By Cerberus.Dezdemona 2014-01-09 12:25:29
Link | Citer | R

Hi all,

So I played from start of FFXI all the way to abyssea. I geared my cor out to AF3+2 but have not even touched SOA. I just started doing rieves to unlock WK rieves via the Dinner invite portion of quest. Is there anything else I should be doing? I have already gained about 12,000 sparks.

Should I buy any of the sparks gear for COR so I can use it in Delve?
Which gear should I be trying to get right now having no delve exp?

Just need some sort of starting point please. Thanks :)
By Sidiov 2014-01-09 12:35:25
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31312/the-pirates-lair-a-guide-to-corsair/#gear
This guide is up to date, and has all the gear you need for COR.

As for sparks, you may be interested in Eminent Gun and Scimitar.
You should be able to get into a skirmish no problem for Iuitl gear, and you should be able to get into some delve and at least get earlier tier wins for manibozho/weapons if needed.
Then you can work on 109 AF.
 Cerberus.Dezdemona
By Cerberus.Dezdemona 2014-01-10 03:44:28
Link | Citer | R

Sidiov said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31312/the-pirates-lair-a-guide-to-corsair/#gear
This guide is up to date, and has all the gear you need for COR.

As for sparks, you may be interested in Eminent Gun and Scimitar.
You should be able to get into a skirmish no problem for Iuitl gear, and you should be able to get into some delve and at least get earlier tier wins for manibozho/weapons if needed.
Then you can work on 109 AF.

Thank you very much :)
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-01-10 04:28:07
Link | Citer | R

You'll wanna have really just 2 sets on you for delve as a party COR, your Phantom Roll set (commodore tricorne+2 w/ trial 5034 done, Navarch Gants +2) and a RACC set. Until you get Surefire you can use Eminent Gun, Thurandaut Tights +1 are nice for RACC and easy to get with bayld. Until you get gunslingers cape you can always use Kayapa Cape. When not doing rolls i stick with iuitl gloves, uk' cap, Paqichikaji Ring, Laksamana Frac, Thur. Tights +1, Thur. Boots +1, Kayapa cape, aquiline belt for pretty good RACC. You'll need all you can get for delve bosses, mainly Muyingwa as it has crazy high EVA. COR's so-so Marksmanship rating requires RACC gear to properly hit 119 mobs. Alot of people will argue that COR shouldn't be having to fight during delve at all anyways but ever hit counts so no point being a leech, makes you look better for doing everything you can imo.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-10 05:18:02
Link | Citer | R

You might want to melee with /dnc rather than shoot. You gain ws frequency, thus doing more damage, add support in the form of samba and steps and make it so no dd has to gimp his sub for those.

Some mages though can't perform on their own and in that case you could be asked to /whm.
 Cerberus.Dezdemona
By Cerberus.Dezdemona 2014-01-10 13:15:56
Link | Citer | R

Thanks All :)