weapon agument/fairy quest
First Page 2
 Shiva.Dwyte
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-07-22 18:51:49
Link | Citer | R

So I was looking at the new weapons that we can agument, and was woundering, how hard is the fairy part? Where you fight the mobs it tells you to I guess. soloable? Was thinking of going on my blu..or does it require you to have a pt?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-22 18:53:43
Link | Citer | R

Well they have multiple mobs (for the most part) and I don't know how good Blu sleeps land on them.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-22 19:44:16
Link | Citer | R

ima try this tomorrow^^
 Fenrir.Martin
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2009-07-22 21:17:21
Link | Citer | R

NOT SOLOABLE

grauberg and xarc ones are incredibly tough

grauberg is a quadav and 4 wivre the wivre don't sleep for long and u have to kite the quadav

the xarc one is 2 taurus repose didn't work Idk bout sleep but had to kite both have double attack on each swing (4 a round) nin tank didn't stand a chance without some special gear. ***wasn't fun
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-22 21:55:44
Link | Citer | R

Is Xarc JUST 2 Taurus, or are they the helpers and there's also a boss? If it's just those two then it would be a fairly simple process of anything/nin kiting one of them while the rest of the party kills the other one. All of the tunnels in Xarc [s] are completely devoid of mobs, so it's simply a matter of pick one and run up and down it, stun/bind/sleep/grav the taur at each end as you pass it. Alternatively you could take it up past the OP, long walk, but there's a massive circular route there that you can just keep doing laps of.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-23 01:20:55
Link | Citer | R

just got RAPEDto this fight ; ;
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-07-23 01:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Kyri said:
just got RAPEDto this fight ; ;

mmmmmmmmm
 Fenrir.Martin
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2009-07-23 01:29:17
Link | Citer | R

there's a battlefield limit run out and ur out of fight

the area u pop in has no mobs but nothin to kite around

it's just those 2 and u can't grav or bind them

just did grauberg 2x with success with rdm/blm start sleepga then sch manifest sleep 2 over it
sleep again as they wake up with a nin/drk kiting the quadav around the rock wall
set up was smn/whm drg/sam sam/nin nin/drk rdm/blm sch/rdm fairly easy after we took out the wivre
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-23 01:35:50
Link | Citer | R

Martin said:
there's a battlefield limit run out and ur out of fight

the area u pop in has no mobs but nothin to kite around

it's just those 2 and u can't grav or bind them

just did grauberg 2x with success with rdm/blm start sleepga then sch manifest sleep 2 over it
sleep again as they wake up with a nin/drk kiting the quadav around the rock wall
set up was smn/whm drg/sam sam/nin nin/drk rdm/blm sch/rdm fairly easy after we took out the wivre

two of them? our biggest probem is we cant get sleepga off in time before popee is dead
 Kujata.Segaia
Serveur: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-23 01:38:20
Link | Citer | R

I read somewhere on bluegartrls-forums that the higher the stars are for the fight the more resistant and hard are the mobs, they couldn't get off sleep aswell at full stars.

Just as additional info.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-23 01:41:25
Link | Citer | R

i read that too but i hear you dont get nearly as good of drops
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-23 01:50:09
Link | Citer | R

raped x4 ; ;
 Seraph.Darkvision
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-23 02:38:35
Link | Citer | R

well atleast they gave us something that is a challange for a change with some possible sweet rewards
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-23 02:51:06
Link | Citer | R

raped x7 >.> i think i need the stars to go down...
 Seraph.Darkvision
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-23 03:32:09
Link | Citer | R

well i am hoping to get some LS members together like maybe, well hopefully a full alliance and try the max star lvl
 Pandemonium.Nadul
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Nadul
By Pandemonium.Nadul 2009-07-23 03:50:18
Link | Citer | R

1 Party only.

Took a few tries, but we got the Grauberg one dead.
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-07-23 04:26:29
Link | Citer | R

Grauberg one was fairly easy. Setup was PLD/NIN, RDM/BLM, BLU/NIN, COR/BLM, BLM/WHM & DRG/WHM.

DD's built TP to 300% and then we Popped the mobs. RDM/BLM ES Sleepga then Sleep II 1 wivre and started a Bind/Gravity rotation, BLU started out doing Solo SC Darkness on the wivre and about 40 seconds after the first ES Sleepga our BLM/WHM ES Sleepga II and we kept the wivres slept as they were taken down 1 by 1.
During this the PLD/NIN kited the Quadav around the wall until all the wivres were disposed of. Then continued on the Quadav.

While fighting the Quadav when his HP hit 75%, 50% & 25% the pld kited him around again until invincible wore. and thats basically it. So hope that helps out a little bit. And good luck with the fight!
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-23 05:06:54
Link | Citer | R

Kyri it's only rape if you say no.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-23 06:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Clowdd, was the Quadav insanely hard to tank or something? Why kite during invincible?
 Carbuncle.Khane
user: Khane
By Carbuncle.Khane 2009-07-23 06:43:04
Link | Citer | R

the quadav gains the ability to spam a ws "Skull Bash" with no tp/downtime while it's under invincible.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-23 06:46:19
Link | Citer | R

That's a pretty good reason to kite :/
 Cerberus.Najla
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Najla
By Cerberus.Najla 2009-07-23 08:22:15
Link | Citer | R

First time we kited, cause that's what most people suggested but second time our PLD wanted to straight tank and he did. I think as long as they keep shadows up Skull Bash is no real threat.
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-23 09:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, since Skull Bash is absorbed by only 1 shadow.
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-07-23 10:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Clowdd, was the Quadav insanely hard to tank or something? Why kite during invincible?

Not that it was hard to tank but if it did get through a shadow and hit it did upwards of 400-750 a pop & instant spam of it, so our pld just kited as a safety measure.
I'm very sure it can be straight tanked but let's say a lag spike happened, then the pld got knocked around a bit might cause a loss.
So we just basically kept it safe to ensure a win to get our maximum number of attempts.
Better safe than sorry & it's not like there is a record to be made just a surefire win we wanted.
 Pandemonium.Demonwhisper
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Demonwhisper 2009-07-23 20:51:59
Link | Citer | R

East Ronfaure (S) fight is pretty easy.

First pop is 1 Orc (WAR) 2 Ram 4 Sheep.

had PLD/nin RDM/blm BRD/whm BLM/rdm DRG/sam WAR/nin

RDM ES Sleepga off the start. DDs kill Rams (they don't repop). PLD kites the Orc around the nearest fence (just in range of the Battlefield limit. Once Rams and sheep are dead start fighting the ORC. He will pop sheep approx every 25-40sec (the sheep pop @ the spawn point. If you fight the orc on top of the hill near the fence where u kite the orc then u have more then enough time for a DD to target voke and sleepers sleep), seems more rapid at less then 20%. Orcs normal hits do approx. 250-300 to a well geard PLD (/nin needed). When it uses might strikes all his pets will use too.

Goodluck ^^
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-24 11:24:05
Link | Citer | R

So, after you tell the faerie that you like the augment, can you trade it to them again later for re-augmenting? I'm wanting to augment two alternating them as I get better augments on one or the other.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-24 12:13:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure it's accept or deny, sadly. You can't accept it, and then re-do it hoping for a better one. Shame.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-24 12:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Bleh.... Well, that sucks. Hopefully I get an uber one on first try then and can spend the other tries topping that one.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-25 11:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Since there are about 75 threads about Rindomaru and 5 hit builds and BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA STFU ABOUT SAM!

*ahem*

I just wanna bump this thread, and encourage pics of all weapon augments from the fairy quest (not ANNM or FoV augments), for all weapons that AREN'T Rindomaru.

I really am interested to see what combinations each weapon can come up with, but I'm sick of seeing all these threads turn into discussions about sam.
 Ramuh.Sanchez
Serveur: Ramuh
user: MrSanchez
By Ramuh.Sanchez 2009-07-25 12:17:02
Link | Citer | R

interesting
First Page 2