Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-23 17:37:03
Link | Citer | R

Way I see it. Calling someone out on using the windower is not much different from running track and calling someone out for having nicer shoes than you. Sure it probably helps them run faster and more comfortably, but it's the same track, same field, same rules, same environment. Sure it's unfortunate everyone doesn't have the same bells and whistles but to cry and call others out on it is just being a spoiled sport.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fairy.Ryezen
Serveur: Fairy
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-23 17:43:01
Link | Citer | R

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think the sports analogy applies: The athletes who use steroids probably just feel that they're using a "tool" (thanks Arte!) to enhance performance. They know that it can get them banned for life from the sport, but they continue to use them, hoping to not get caught, or that the rules won't be enforced upon them. I bet quite of few of them don't feel that it's cheating either, and probably think other people are idiots for NOT using them. That's why the whole debate about Barry Bonds was so major. People were all over the place about his record(s). Some thought he should just have the record as if he had earned it without using steroids. Some thought he should still have the record, but have an asterik next to his name. Some thought he shouldn't even appear in the record books at all.

I guess that's why I refuse to use plug-ins. It's not becuase I think I'm better than people that do, it's just because when I pull off a major accomplishment in the game, I don't want to feel like there should be an asterik next to my name.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-23 17:43:34
Link | Citer | R

That's fine, I can respect that, but at least acknowledge there's a difference between a protein shake and steroids in your so-called analogy.
[+]
 Fairy.Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-23 17:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Hoo boy, here we go again.

There's a difference between a protein shake and steroids btw.

Yep, the difference being that you wouldn't get banned if you admitted to drinking protein shakes. =P

Protein shake = ffxiah.com
Steriods = Plug-ins
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-23 17:50:23
Link | Citer | R

According to you lol.
[+]
 Fairy.Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-23 17:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
According to you lol.

LOL, okay, agree to disagree. =)
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-23 17:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Point is Ryezen that you have no right to say anyone is a cheater when you yourself are cheating as we speak.
[+]
 Hades.Jacinda
Serveur: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-07-23 17:54:47
Link | Citer | R

You know, this is never going to end, and it's such a trivial debate. It's very plain and simple. Windower gives players an advantage. Pure and simple. Sure, people can get the same results using pen, paper, and all that jazz but it takes longer.

Who cares? This is a game.

If people can see my tp and WS with me; awesome. If people use ApRadar and grab an exp ring..congrats to them. None of the things that Windower currently does seems to be so game breaking that it ruins another person's gaming experience.

Now when they come out with a plugin that tells you what enemies are in line to spawn before they actually happen, then that's something I'll complain about. The rest of this stuff is so minor that it's amazing this thread is still alive.

To those who use Windower: hooray to you. To those who don't: oh well. Just play the game, enjoy it, and stop worrying about what the next person is using.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-23 17:56:03
Link | Citer | R

Jacinda said:
You know, this is never going to end, and it's such a trivial debate. It's very plain and simple. Windower gives players an advantage. Pure and simple. Sure, people can get the same results using pen, paper, and all that jazz but it takes longer.

Who cares? This is a game.

If people can see my tp and WS with me; awesome. If people use ApRadar and grab an exp ring..congrats to them. None of the things that Windower currently does seems to be so game breaking that it ruins another person's gaming experience.

Now when they come out with a plugin that tells you what enemies are in line to spawn before they actually happen, then that's something I'll complain about. The rest of this stuff is so minor that it's amazing this thread is still alive.

To those who use Windower: hooray to you. To those who don't: oh well. Just play the game, enjoy it, and stop worrying about what the next person is using.

GAME SET! lol
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-23 17:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Ryezen said:

Protein shake = ffxiah.com
Steriods = Plug-ins

its more like you are using a longer blade on your hockey stick
[+]
 Fairy.Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-23 17:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Dubont said:
Point is Ryezen that you have no right to say anyone is a cheater when you yourself are cheating as we speak.

The point being, that if you want to say that me posting on ffxiah.com is cheating, I won't *** and moan about it. Hell, if I _was_ using plug-ins I wouldn't *** and moan about people saying that I cheat. That's my issue, is the people that try to scream that they're NOT cheating when using them.

And I'm sure everyone has done way more uber things than this, but one of my personal points of pride was back when I was on my first job, RDM, at level 60. I didn't want to try to ask a bunch of people to come out and help with Miser Murphy to get my pimp hat. So I heard from some people that he could be solo'd via DoT-zone method. Took me a couple of tries, but I pulled it off. No plug-ins, hell, I didn't even know about wiki then and especially not ffxiah. I had just switched over from the 360 BETA to the full version. It would be uber depressing for me to think that I hadn't pulled that off completely legit. I'm sure 90% of you out there think that it's a lame accomplishment, but for me it was huge at the time; still being a rookie, for the most part.
[+]
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-07-23 18:06:29
Link | Citer | R

Ryezen said:
It would be uber depressing for me to think that I hadn't pulled that off completely legit. I'm sure 90% of you out there think that it's a lame accomplishment, but for me it was huge at the time; still being a rookie, for the most part.

But this is the point Rye...it matters to you and you only. Not saying that soloing Miser Murphy isn't an accomplishment, because it is: to you. What any of us think about the things you have done and how you did them is 20,000% irrelevant. You are proud of what you did.

Some people could say that you didn't kill Murphy the proper way and cheated, because I'm certain we all know that SE did not intend for us to run around putting DoTs on enemies and then zoning as a method for us to kill them. Still, that's the way you did it, and you are proud of it.

Really, just let the Windower players be.
[+]
 Fairy.Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-23 18:11:35
Link | Citer | R

Jacinda said:
Ryezen said:
It would be uber depressing for me to think that I hadn't pulled that off completely legit. I'm sure 90% of you out there think that it's a lame accomplishment, but for me it was huge at the time; still being a rookie, for the most part.

But this is the point Rye...it matters to you and you only. Not saying that soloing Miser Murphy isn't an accomplishment, because it is: to you. What any of us think about the things you have done and how you did them is 20,000% irrelevant. You are proud of what you did.

Some people could say that you didn't kill Murphy the proper way and cheated, because I'm certain we all know that SE did not intend for us to run around putting DoTs on enemies and then zoning as a method for us to kill them. Still, that's the way you did it, and you are proud of it.

Really, just let the Windower players be.

Doh! I was all ready to reply, but then realized that this isn't the "What grinds your Gears?" forum anymore... o.O
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-07-23 18:16:15
Link | Citer | R

Ryezen said:
Doh! I was all ready to reply, but then realized that this isn't the "What grinds your Gears?" forum anymore... o.O

This never was. ^_^

Anyway, finally off work and going home to get some leveling in, I hope.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dragonli
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dragonli
By Cerberus.Dragonli 2009-07-24 10:47:23
Link | Citer | R

I report all cheaters I run across on Cerberus, and I have seen many of them whisked to Mordion Gaul. Some of them I haven't seen since.

I *can* tell when most people are cheating. When a player consistently uses their weapon skill in tandem with another, without communication, I get suspicious. It's then just a matter of finding one person in the party to set them up with. I will ask that person to not use their weapon skill, and to keep quiet. I will then ask them in party chat what their tp is. Without fail, someone always tells me their tp. I then call a GM, and most times, that person disappears before the party is over.

ApRadar is soooooooooooo cheating. How can anyone *not* be offended by this? I want a Kupofried ring, but will never get it, thanks to these cheaters. I have twice now found someone zoom right to the spot, and both times, I alerted a GM. I have not seen either person since.

Another obvious clue is when someone switches an entire set of equipment in one throw. This can not be done with standard macros, even when done in 2 separate macros, nor can it be done quickly manually. Here too, I have reported players, and seen them disappear.

One of my favorites is more obvious. Sometimes, I find players who quote directions directly from a site. The funny thing? They will take up more lines and odd spaces of text than you can without cheating. I once reported 4 people in a party I was doing a Sky run with, and all 4 disappeared to Mordion Gaul. All four disconnected. Only one has returned.

My question to all of you would be: Why do you "need" these things? If the game is too difficult for you to play without your cheats, then quit. Nobody is impressed by you.

Square Enix designed the game to be challenging. This is where it's better than the other games out there, because accomplishing a goal via normal means is something to be proud of.

If you can do *anything* that a standard player can't, you are cheating. You can try to say "but I could tell what their tp was if I counted their hits", but you'd be full of yourself. Try to calculate the same info you get from Windower with a calculator, pencil, paper, what have you. See if it can be done reasonably. I think not.

Jaerik is wrong about Allakhazam being cheating, because he forgets one important fact. Included in the Terms is exception for "with written or expressed consent". Allakhazam and Square Enix are business partners, the consent is implicit.

Ffxiah.com may well be cheating. I never thought about it until now, but yes, I think it may well be. Therefore I am done using this site.
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-24 10:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Dragonli said:
When a player consistently uses their weapon skill in tandem with another, without communication, I get suspicious. It's then just a matter of finding one person in the party to set them up with. I will ask that person to not use their weapon skill, and to keep quiet. I will then ask them in party chat what their tp is. Without fail, someone always tells me their tp. I then call a GM, and most times, that person disappears before the party is over.

Ventrilo? They could be physically speaking to each other...I do it all the time, and based on that definition, you would think me and my good friends are cheating...
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-24 10:55:17
Link | Citer | R

note to self ::avoid Dragonli::

My whole linkshell uses vent, granted when I am on the 360 we just talk in linkshell chat rather than party chat.

And as for equip changes....I can do that pretty fast w/ my macros.
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-07-24 11:17:31
Link | Citer | R

Last time I checked there is only 9 slots that make you blink.

7 of which are visible after the switch (6 if you are using a 2 handed weapon as you cant see grips).

That's 1.5 macros... are you saying a player can't press 2 buttons within the time you are blinking without cheating? That's like two buttons in ~2seconds, even stoned people can press buttons faster than that.

And you can't tell that they have changed any more than those visible items without cheating yourself.

As for TP, that's obvious. But who is going to call out "player y has 136TP" in anything other than an LS event/party?

As for directions, I thought SE windower supported copy and paste any way.

APradar is cheating, I will agree with that. The rest of your post is portentous and self glorifying. So you have managed to get people banned who helped you with Sky. Does that make you feel like a big man?

and btw, you need to level your subs to 37... not 35.
[+]
 Seraph.Chuuuuu
Serveur: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Chuuuuu 2009-07-24 11:21:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

lmao someone sounds paranoid and jealous P:
 Kujata.Houshisama
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-07-24 11:22:37
Link | Citer | R

Dragonli said:
I report all cheaters I run across on Cerberus, and I have seen many of them whisked to Mordion Gaul. Some of them I haven't seen since.

I *can* tell when most people are cheating. When a player consistently uses their weapon skill in tandem with another, without communication, I get suspicious. It's then just a matter of finding one person in the party to set them up with. I will ask that person to not use their weapon skill, and to keep quiet. I will then ask them in party chat what their tp is. Without fail, someone always tells me their tp. I then call a GM, and most times, that person disappears before the party is over.

ApRadar is soooooooooooo cheating. How can anyone *not* be offended by this? I want a Kupofried ring, but will never get it, thanks to these cheaters. I have twice now found someone zoom right to the spot, and both times, I alerted a GM. I have not seen either person since.

Another obvious clue is when someone switches an entire set of equipment in one throw. This can not be done with standard macros, even when done in 2 separate macros, nor can it be done quickly manually. Here too, I have reported players, and seen them disappear.

One of my favorites is more obvious. Sometimes, I find players who quote directions directly from a site. The funny thing? They will take up more lines and odd spaces of text than you can without cheating. I once reported 4 people in a party I was doing a Sky run with, and all 4 disappeared to Mordion Gaul. All four disconnected. Only one has returned.

My question to all of you would be: Why do you "need" these things? If the game is too difficult for you to play without your cheats, then quit. Nobody is impressed by you.

Square Enix designed the game to be challenging. This is where it's better than the other games out there, because accomplishing a goal via normal means is something to be proud of.

If you can do *anything* that a standard player can't, you are cheating. You can try to say "but I could tell what their tp was if I counted their hits", but you'd be full of yourself. Try to calculate the same info you get from Windower with a calculator, pencil, paper, what have you. See if it can be done reasonably. I think not.

Jaerik is wrong about Allakhazam being cheating, because he forgets one important fact. Included in the Terms is exception for "with written or expressed consent". Allakhazam and Square Enix are business partners, the consent is implicit.

Ffxiah.com may well be cheating. I never thought about it until now, but yes, I think it may well be. Therefore I am done using this site.

you are an idiot, and a ***. goodday.
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-24 11:24:11
Link | Citer | R

Argettio said:
That's 1.5 macros... are you saying a player can't press 2 buttons within the time you are blinking without cheating? That's like two buttons in ~2seconds, even stoned people can press buttons faster than that.

It's true...
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-24 11:25:03
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Argettio said:

It's true...

LOL!
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-24 11:33:22
Link | Citer | R

Dragonli said:

Wow... How old are you? 60? I imagine you're the type of person that calls the cops to complain about noise violations if you can even BARELY hear your neighbors in your house/apartment. You don't just want to avoid this person in-game, avoid this person in life too.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Serveur: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-24 11:35:30
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Drag can suck a fat one for all I care. The explanation about SC'ing is too vague for the simple fact that you can see the WS in the chat log so the next person knows to go. Even then I know people that have the SC chart memorized. Crap I gotta know it so I can MB on BLM.

Everything thing else said in that post was replied by others so I'll just stop.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-24 11:41:28
Link | Citer | R

WOW! Thankfully I'm not on Cerberus. Calling a GM on people in your own party during sky?! Wow what a ***!
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-24 11:43:19
Link | Citer | R

Chaosx said:
WOW! Thankfully I'm not on Cerberus. Calling a GM on people in your own party during sky?! Wow what a ***!

I haven't seen him ever....

hopefully I nvr will...
[+]
 Kujata.Encephalos
By Kujata.Encephalos 2009-07-24 11:43:28
Link | Citer | R

Dragonli said:

Thank... god? Well thank someone.

Really, I have to agree, what a ***.
Seriously, I'm glad this useless baby is gone.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-24 11:44:38
Link | Citer | R

You know, looking back, I find it funny how adamantly I defend windower when the only thing I use it for is drawdistance. I literally don't even use windower macros.

Guess it goes with the home turf thing?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7