Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75
By Nariont 2022-11-28 15:28:17
Link | Citer | R

BGwiki set is about it armor slot wise, you can run cetl belt in place of grunsfeld to cap out gear haste and open up your ammo slot for whatever, though geo options are pretty slim
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-29 08:39:52
Link | Citer | R

When is a good time to use the stat-boosting Geomancy (Indi-STR, etc.)? Or does anyone ever even use those?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-29 09:05:35
Link | Citer | R

When you have 2(or 10) Geos

Indi-Str is what you use when you've run out of spells for geos to cast
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-29 09:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Ruling entrust out because that would be too obvious, they can be useful in some situations that come to mind:

1) When you're way above the attack cap for the current target and you don't need defensive stuff.
For instance let's say you have lotsa buffs from multiple sources and are using Frailty as one of your two bubbles. In such a situation using Fury would produce no result, but using STR might increase damage a bit. STR is an example, it could be any stat, for instance INT if you're in a Mage pt.

2) When you are not allowed to use debuff bubbles (Malaise, Frailty etc) or they have greatly reduced potency on the current target. For melee pts you could go with Fury/STR for instance. or Acumen/INT for mages, and so on.

3) You have two GEOs in pt and the second GEO is out of options because the first one already used the important bubbles to increase damage.
Lol. But I haven't run into such a scenario in years honestly.

When you don't have these specific situations, you're far from the attack cap or you could benefit from defensive bubbles, then I'd rather go for one of those before I use one of the Stat-enhancing bubbles.
[+]
 Asura.Nesspoot
user: Nesspoot
By Asura.Nesspoot 2022-12-04 18:43:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Asalith said: »
Anyone got an up-to-date melee set?

I've been finishing The Voracious Resurgence to get the accessories so I can fine tune my GEO DD set for V25 Bumba down the road (assuming GEO still has a place at that point).

ItemSet 388613

ItemSet 388614

This is the main TP set I use and I switch out some pieces depending on the content. This is when I'm going for Bumba/Black Halo spam so I keep +2 neck to help keep bubble alive as long as possible so I don't lose TP when I switch weapons to recast. I can never catch the cor but I've outdamaged up brd occasionally haha.

occasionally I'll go /DNC or /NIN and dual wield Maxentius/Idris. I usually mainhand Idris because I'm lazy and don't want to lose TP when I recast bubbles or use Entrusts. Fun to play with Exudation aftermath, Seraph Strike, Shining Strike, and Hexa Strike.

ItemSet 388616

I had a lot of fun /SAM cleaving on GEO back before Crawler's Nest was nerfed but you can still find the occasional AoE party in different places. I play around with Cataclysm and occasionally switch around Nyame Helm with Pixie Hairpin+1 but I've condensed my /equipsets for Cataclysm and Earth Crusher so I just use Nyame and Weatherspoon for Macc. I'd switch out Friomisi for a well-augmented Azimuth+2 if I could ever get one.
[+]
By RiggityWrekd 2022-12-11 03:03:17
Link | Citer | R

What geocolure/dt set are you guys using to cap own dt, pet dt and pet Regen?

Considering that I don't have shamash robe, is it worth losing the refresh from body to equip nyame for dt?
By Serjero 2022-12-11 05:50:38
Link | Citer | R

You cap pet DT with just Idris and AF+3 hands (Also has PDT 3). For DT Empy +3 Head and Feet are 23 DT, Dring is another 10, then Nyame Legs or Agwu's legs R20+ will be another 7-9 which is 43-45 PDT total and you can get the rest of that from Ambu back no Shamash needed.
By silvchan 2022-12-11 12:44:01
Link | Citer | R

Shamash just opens up better pet regen options.

your 3 best pieces for pet regen are Empy+3 head, Ambush back, and Relic+3 feet. Shamash just allows you to also use some old fashioned Telchini broccoli's for another +3.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-12-11 13:06:07
Link | Citer | R

RiggityWrekd said: »
What geocolure/dt set are you guys using to cap own dt, pet dt and pet Regen?

Considering that I don't have shamash robe, is it worth losing the refresh from body to equip nyame for dt?
If you have a list of gear, I can run through my optimizer code and find a set for you.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-11 14:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nesspoot said: »
occasionally I'll go /DNC or /NIN and dual wield Maxentius/Idris. I usually mainhand Idris because I'm lazy and don't want to lose TP when I recast bubbles or use Entrusts. Fun to play with Exudation aftermath, Seraph Strike, Shining Strike, and Hexa Strike.

Our resident melee GEO likes to do Idris/Daybreak for big Seraph Strikes. He keeps indi-maliase on himself and geo-acument wherever we're standing at.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-12-12 07:23:31
Link | Citer | R

Haste 10% Cornelia's belt for melee Geos
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-12-14 13:02:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm reading the geo guides that say that Geomancy+ from equipment do not stack, but I want to confirm that is true of Idris also yes?
I'm not a geo, I'm just making sure I understand correctly from those with experience.

Idris Geomancy +10
Bagua charm +2 is +7
Dunna +5

So there is no need for the geomancy +5 from Dunna, when you have Idris, correct? (Yes I know you still want a handbell because you need the handbell skill)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-14 13:10:00
Link | Citer | R

You got it. Dunna also has fast cast and pet DT, so still good to have.

And just for complete information you still want the neck too, for everything other than geomancy+ as well.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-12-14 14:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
And just for complete information you still want the neck too, for everything other than geomancy+ as well.

Yup, that Luopon absorb damage on neck is reeeeeeealy nice. And while it's very confusingly worded on the item, the neck reduces luopon perpetuation cost too (see some discussion toward the bottom of p.69 of this topic).
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-17 09:38:10
Link | Citer | R

Assuming good gear, what's better for GEO melee (with proper buffs): AM3 Idris w/Judgement, or Maxentius w/ Black Halo?
By gargurty 2022-12-17 11:20:01
Link | Citer | R

maxentius black halo is sadly still the best, with offhand tp club even better
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-17 12:29:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Assuming good gear, what's better for GEO melee (with proper buffs): AM3 Idris w/Judgement, or Maxentius w/ Black Halo?
You can use the GEO DPS spreadsheet to check with your specific setup.

It's probably gonna be real close between Tishtrya Judgement spam and Maxentius Black Halo spam.
First will probably win on paper but in a real scenario my bets are on the latter (with TP bonus offhand of course)
Serveur: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2022-12-17 13:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Gotta remember that you're going to have to recast bubbles too since you're in dd gear, so you'll lose tp while not using idris.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-17 14:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kingofthenorth said: »
Gotta remember that you're going to have to recast bubbles too since you're in dd gear, so you'll lose tp while not using idris.
Which is exactly the reason why most of the time I accept the compromise of the lower DPS granted by Idris :-(

Judgement Spam with R15 Idris and AM3 up is like 2nd or 3rd place in the DPS tier list, if I recall correctly.
Now we could argue that keeping AM3 up is not always feasible and not always a DPS gain either becuse of the "sacrifice" it requires.
But still, what I'm tryin to say is that DPSing with Idris, while an inferior option, is more often than not an acceptable compromise to streamline GEO DD without sacrificing Geomancy potency.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-17 15:49:34
Link | Citer | R

gargurty said: »
maxentius black halo is sadly still the best, with offhand tp club even better

Don't think GEO can even equip the offhand TP club, unless SE added them later?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-17 15:52:47
Link | Citer | R

Yes they can. Ukaldi is WHM and GEO.
[+]
By sevii 2022-12-18 22:55:23
Link | Citer | R

what's the meta for geo bursting in sortie now?
By dontclickme 2022-12-19 01:58:04
Link | Citer | R

sevii said: »
what's the meta for geo bursting in sortie now?

ItemSet 378616

this is what i've seen recommended recently
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-19 05:20:23
Link | Citer | R

Updated GEO DPS spreadsheet with R25/R30 augs and various other stuff.

Can find the updated link in the usual place
[+]
By sevii 2022-12-19 08:12:36
Link | Citer | R

Thank you very much <3
By RiggityWrekd 2022-12-27 04:34:44
Link | Citer | R

What set are you guys using for aspir?

Is pixie hairpin +1 better than relic head +3?
By RiggityWrekd 2023-01-07 03:31:37
Link | Citer | R

RiggityWrekd said: »
What set are you guys using for aspir?

Is pixie hairpin +1 better than relic head +3?

Up
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-17 13:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Cardinal chant still doesn't make any sense.

If I have on 5/5 agwu why is cardinal chant improving burst damage.

Mob South 20k
Mob West 22k

Every time I actually think about cardinal chant it never behaves like it should, so I just shrug and ignore it until the next time I care about it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2023-02-17 13:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Maybe Cardinal Chant is a different bonus than gear?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-17 14:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Maybe it counted as burst II and I forget. It's so infrequent I forget every time I bring it up.

It's kind of irritating
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75