What is THF's role in end game? /Rant On Mode
First Page 2 3
 Siren.Kiyara
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2013-11-27 02:52:09
Link | Citer | R

Now it just seems that the community has gotten so picky beyond belief (due to the fact population is next to none and everyone seems to be in the "only these jobs for everything" mentality) that thf literally has 0 purpose in end game. Aside being told to 'level monk" (get sick of hearing that ***), thf has to be able to do dmg on some level in end game to be useful.

I know we aren't the best nor are we a war or sam etc, but we are a DD, not some backline job that runs to the front to hit the mob once and we stand back the rest of the fight (been told this multiple times and been called useless in every aspect of end game). We can't do voidwatch, delve, hard mode dynamis NMs, hard mode salvage, etc.

I must be missing something here because the fact that I'm told we can't do anything end game related is unacceptable in my eyes nor am I going to be "bullied" by the server to quit/retire thf and play mnk which is some piss *** sorry copout/excuse to be lazy and cover up the fact that people's skills are that bad that they need a top tier/accepted job to cover it up.

And seriously SE, fix thief. You've been treating us as one of the biggest loljobs since the beginning. In end game, our evasion is useless, our TH is useless, our dps is lacking. Seriously, wtf do we have? We deserve more than what we have. Stop making us a gimmicky TH tool that nobody cares about. I didn't level my thf to be a tool. I leveled it to be a solid DD and actually love using the job and playing it to my full potential. I didn't gear it to be a god damn meaningless visual trophy. Leveling another DD is not an acceptable answer. Period.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-11-27 02:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Should make thief handle enmity control more efficiently since I believe that's what it's purpose was once.
 Siren.Kiyara
Serveur: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2013-11-27 03:00:34
Link | Citer | R

Granted what you may say is true, it doesn't mean that it is right and the way it should be. If that is the case, why doesn't SE just delete THF from the database/remove the job. Wouldn't that be the same outcome? Probably would make majority of the server happy if that was the case.

And on another note, I don't want thf to be overpowered or insanely good. I just want it to be treated fairly like other DD jobs and be useful. That isn't asking much (well for SE it's like pulling teeth).

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2013-11-27 03:04:16
Link | Citer | R

I think most jobs can become great DD's in any sort of endgame content, barring obvious facts like resistances to said weapon type. It's just the mindset of most of the player base. For instance, I can tell you that 99% of the people that do Delve on my server live and breathe the "mnk onry" mentality. I guess you can't expect much when you don't know how good a particular player is, it's easier to go the "safe route" and just get a respectable/common/easily played job like mnk. It's just how it is right now. I think many DD jobs could be just as good, and some better than mnk if playing at full potential, knowing the in's and outs and well geared alike. Hope this helped :/ gl
 Shiva.Arana
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-11-27 03:04:34
Link | Citer | R

Level monk, QQ less.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-11-27 03:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kiyara said: »
If that is the case, why doesn't SE just delete THF from the database/remove the job.

Same reason why they didn't remove RDM or PUP.

THF has it's solo non-endgame perks nowadays. That's about it. Don't assume that SE is finished with updating today's jobs to work better with the newer content. Seems they are doing one job at a time... Just wait, THF will rise again.

RDM's are still waiting patiently for their moment too. ;)

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-11-27 03:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Josiahfk said: »
You need to be more practical/realistic with yours.

I tried to ninjalot and run off with many awesome dropped items during a party/alliance event but... SE and others said no. I don't think they understand the concept of being a thief...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-11-27 03:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
RDM gets to go to delve and preform an important role. THF doesn't.

I really hope it's not a Blind II spam.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-11-27 03:31:56
Link | Citer | R

The balance in the job is there to force people to sacrifice damage for higher drop rate. Sometimes this is worth it, sometimes it isn't. If THF were just as good as any other DD, it would be the obvious choice for any event that can use TH.

I don't see why people take this so offensively. THF is my favorite job, been that way for years, and has never changed since. I deal the damage that I can, and I'm happy to occasionally be in the ADL DD party, but I would never refuse to level a job that can carry out a role more efficiently. Do you really think that everyone gets to play the job they really want to all the time? What about the career BLUs, PUPs, and DNCs?

In the end, a THF's main objective is to provide Treasure Hunter. What hurts this the most is that there is little reason to use TH in recent events. I am waiting for SE to realize this, something more likely than giving us better damage potential.

I really don't know who told you that you can't do Dynamis or Salvage though.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-11-27 03:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't aware that RDM was in demand in Delve these days. I always see shouts for SCH's.

So... *getting back to THFs* ...to make THF much more outstanding for endgame, what could SE do to put THF back in the spotlight as a desired job for endgame?

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-11-27 03:41:55
Link | Citer | R

THF is an acceptable/good DD in ceizak with proper gear. Otherwise, nothing you're going to get to use it on endgame until they do some massive job revamps or add TH drops. I personally hope for a focus away from the TH aspect and add utility or damage to the job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-11-27 03:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Seeing how thief is somewhat of a fast, agile, rogue-type class... Why not an ability that causes a massive amount of damage from a certain direction and inflict a stun effect (similar to stagger) which once they recovers, lowers their attack and defense for a given amount of time?

Seems broken enough. You have trick attack, sneak attack... why not add another called Stagger attack. Only works fully when all 3 are stacked.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-11-27 03:45:30
Link | Citer | R

I bet thf wouldn't suck if they just combined dancer with it!

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-11-27 03:53:43
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Seeing how thief is somewhat of a fast, agile, rogue-type class... Why not an ability that causes a massive amount of damage from a certain direction and inflict a stun effect (similar to stagger) which once they recovers, lowers their attack and defense for a given amount of time?

Seems broken enough. You have trick attack, sneak attack... why not add another called Stagger attack. Only works fully when all 3 are stacked.

Oh... and the more defense the mob has, the better the effect. Look out WKR.
By siskotaru 2013-11-27 04:22:24
Link | Citer | R

Make it so TH10 on ADL gives 100% second umbral.
Make it so TH can break the cap in voidwatch
Make delve nms drop substantial gil amount to every players in the alliance depending on how many thfs are in PT.
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-11-27 04:28:05
Link | Citer | R

siskotaru said: »
Make it so TH10 on ADL gives 100% second umbral.
Make it so TH can break the cap in voidwatch
Make delve nms drop substantial gil amount to every players in the alliance depending on how many thfs are in PT.
Actually they wouldnt even have to drop gil, make TH replace an Airlixir with Airlixir +1 maybe replace Airlixir +1 chance with an Airlixir +2 chance off normal NMs if TH gets high enough.
I completely agree with this.
And since delve can be completed in 20-30 minutes with a good set up, replacing 1 mnk with a thf wouldn't make a horrible difference.
By siskotaru 2013-11-27 04:52:33
Link | Citer | R

exactly,

All we ask is to be good at what we're supposed to be good at.

(Ceizak Battle ground) NMs + BOSS - THFx3 (Can I have it?)
That would put a smile on my face.
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-11-27 05:02:58
Link | Citer | R

It would be even better if they made TH able to drop more than 1 REM Upgrade item, i hope the OP takes our suggestions to Dev Forums, sometimes they listen and offer the advice to upper parts of SE lol
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-11-27 06:28:24
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kiyara said: »
I must be missing something here because the fact that I'm told we can't do anything end game related is unacceptable in my eyes nor am I going to be "bullied" by the server to quit/retire thf and play mnk which is some piss *** sorry copout/excuse to be lazy and cover up the fact that people's skills are that bad that they need a top tier/accepted job to cover it up.

And seriously SE, fix thief. You've been treating us as one of the biggest loljobs since the beginning. In end game, our evasion is useless, our TH is useless, our dps is lacking. Seriously, wtf do we have? We deserve more than what we have. Stop making us a gimmicky TH tool that nobody cares about. I didn't level my thf to be a tool. I leveled it to be a solid DD and actually love using the job and playing it to my full potential. I didn't gear it to be a god damn meaningless visual trophy. Leveling another DD is not an acceptable answer. Period.

I see no point to make every class equally useful in every content. There are plenty of farming content that requires a THF. I don't see my BLU gets invite in ADL/salvage and such. But I can use it somewhere else. Unless delve is everything you're doing, I see no way you geared THF for nothing.

Further more, THF works in delve. Back in Aug I often see THF in Ceizak T1~5+boss LS runs. That THF parsed around 19% on Bee, highest MNK was only 15%. He was also 1% higher than MNK on moth, 3% beind MNK on scorp, 1% behind MNK on butterfuly....basically top 3 on every NM barring Gnat, which was 4th. (Although he's undeniably better than avg at DDing, he's usually on top when playing MNK in other zones).

If you really, really love THF and must bring it to delve, you need:

1. Be really, really good at your job. Like, better than majority of player would expect a THF would do.

2. Play with friends that understand and trust your capability, and accept you to the pt, even if your job isn't optimal.

Before my LS gone I got to play BLU in all 3 delve boss zones, including Morimar which is terribad for BLU DDing. That was before BLU can use CDC with a Tojil sword and attack down aura just suck for req, and it was before delve boss spell too, so no real legit reason to allow a BLU in ally, especially when ally only had 4 real DDs. But no one cared, ally can still kill all NM with plenty of time left, so it doesn't matter if it's not optimal.

If you think THF is useless and you geared for nothing. Look at PUP DNC, BLM, SMN and maybe you'll feel better.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-11-27 06:31:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Jirachi said: »
It would be even better if they made TH able to drop more than 1 REM Upgrade item, i hope the OP takes our suggestions to Dev Forums, sometimes they listen and offer the advice to upper parts of SE lol

And it'd be THF in pt or bust, even if the THF is naked.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-11-27 07:16:25
Link | Citer | R

If you don't like that people don't want your THF, make your own alliance. THF is perfectly capable of pulling it's weight, though whether you personally are is up for question.

I don't know about other servers, but the pickup success rate on leviathan is still pitiful(I've had buyers that were previously worse than 0/10 in pickup Tojil). With that in mind, many people are right not to want a THF. An average THF will do somewhere in the range of 30-60% of an average MNK's damage. An exceptional THF will come close to/potentially outdamage an average MNK when you factor in their benefit to the rest of the alliance(especially in ceizak). The problem therein, is becoming and conveying that you are an exceptional THF(and not being around exceptional MNKs).

Many jobs in FFXI have wildly varying usability. This is part of the game, and despite what many people seem to think, seems to be intentional. There are jobs much worse off than THF. There are situations where THF is undeniably the best choice for a slot. There is boundless solo content available these days for you to mess with your THF on.

tldr; cry less
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-11-27 07:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Lol what? Not every job is going to have a place in all endgame activitiea. Thf at 75 was pretty much taken to all the endgame stuff like dyna, sky, sea, limbus, salvage, nyzul isle, odins chamber and HNMs. There have been jobs that have NEVER had a place in any endgame content due to poor dps output or one thing or another. Just because thf isnt that useful atm doesnt mean it will stay like that so man up level and gear another job or jobs.... its not like its hard these days to get to 99 and capped skills.

The player base has always gone through these phases of "X job onry" but that is not SEs fault. I remember it was always rdm onry heals whm hardly got a look in, sam onry(sky days), drk onry(vw+ days) and mnk onry (salvage days). Doing dyna back in the day I fought hard to get to go blu, we all know how powerful it can be, just because my dyna leader was all blm or sam onry.
By volkom 2013-11-27 07:29:01
Link | Citer | R

should make sneak/trick attack have a chance to instantly kill a nonboss monster cuz you know...we have a trait called "Assassin"

and make assassin's charge kill a monster or do a super stupid excessive amount of added damage like... an 8hit+crit bonus and revamp ambush to where its +% damage per merit when attacking from behind
First Page 2 3