users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » Returning
Returning
 Shiva.Mavre
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Mavre 2013-11-20 09:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Just got back from a few months off and trying to figure out how best to get back into the swing of things. Wasn't able to get any of the Delve boss kills before I left (Tojil etc.), but I did have all of the KI's to buy the gear pre-boss. I also see that R/E/M is finally relevant again. My Ragnarok was 99, so that seems like a no brainer to try to upgrade. I was in the process of making a Ukon, but from the forums I have read it seems like that isn't so great anymore. I am low on funds, but I already had all of my HMP and dross for Ukon99, was just waiting to see if/when they actually fixed them (it still isn't 90 yet, need more scales/claws first), so I am trying to decide if I should try to finish that or sell the HMP and dross to fund my catching up. Any advice out there?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2013-11-20 09:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Keep your HMPs and such, since VW is very much dead, and prices are inflated. WARs are back to spamming that WS due to the recent WoE deal, so you'll benefit greatly from the double damage from Aftermath, on top of having it on a top tier weapon.

The new REM 119 items are going to eventually become very common based on the devs stating they're gonna put them into future content as drops on top of what we have currently, plus they're very easy to farm with 2-3 people at the moment. 5-10 minute NM fights with a chance to get 1-15ish if you get a not too uncommon pouch from low tier Delve NMs, where people dual / tri boxing are reporting finishing in two to three days time.

Far as stuff like Tojil and all goes, you're probably going to want to seek out an active LS on your server, and that should take care of that. You really didn't miss too much during your break from the sounds of it, mostly missing out on the Skirmish II rush in Yorcia, which offers some superior pieces for jobs over Delve. A bit of shouting will fix that, though.
 Shiva.Mavre
By Shiva.Mavre 2013-11-20 09:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Keep your HMPs and such, since VW is very much dead, and prices are inflated. WARs are back to spamming that WS due to the recent WoE deal, so you'll benefit greatly from the double damage from Aftermath, on top of having it on a top tier weapon.

The new REM 119 items are going to eventually become very common based on the devs stating they're gonna put them into future content as drops on top of what we have currently, plus they're very easy to farm with 2-3 people at the moment. 5-10 minute NM fights with a chance to get 1-15ish if you get a not too uncommon pouch from low tier Delve NMs, where people dual / tri boxing are reporting finishing in two to three days time.

Far as stuff like Tojil and all goes, you're probably going to want to seek out an active LS on your server, and that should take care of that. You really didn't miss too much during your break from the sounds of it, mostly missing out on the Skirmish II rush in Yorcia, which offers some superior pieces for jobs over Delve. A bit of shouting will fix that, though.

So they did add in the WoE weapons unlocking the ws? If so, I need to find where to do that.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2013-11-20 09:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Yes, you need to get them to 99, or an Emp to 90, then go to WoE with the battlefields and talk to a glowy ??? with the weapon equipped in main, then trade it afterwords to unlock it.

Do the NM path / old way on all WoE weapons, since it makes all items basically 1/3 the normal rate. Instead of 30 coins, you need 15, but instead of 100 dice and residue, you merely need 35 each of those. Crests and Seals are no longer part of the upgrade process. They also greatly reduced the repop timers on most of the NMs you have to hunt, so that's a thing now.

Conversely, if you're loaded to the point that losing about 10M doesn't matter for a WS and you need it NAO!, they put in level 99 WoE weapons that bypass NM camping but take full values, 30 coins / 100 dice / 100 residue.
 Shiva.Mavre
By Shiva.Mavre 2013-11-20 09:33:15
Link | Citer | R

Nah, I farmed my gkt to 99 before I left so I have that ready to go. There is no fight or anything, just trade it and go?
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2013-11-20 09:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Yup. If it's 99 already, just have to go to WoE on SAM, and you're golden.