Broken Dragons?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Broken Dragons?
Broken Dragons?
First Page 2
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 04:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering if anyone other servers have "Greater Amphiptere" (the flying dragons in Xarc [S]) that don't agro?

The one in the main area on Odin that flies around where the Shadow Dragon pops in the present just ignores everyone and doesn't agro like the others do, anyone else?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-21 05:18:48
Link | Citer | R

I was walking right beneath it earlier and crapping myself since it was zig-zagging above me. I'm pretty sure that I was directly below it, but it just flew off... So maybe? But it could just be that I'm lucky.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-21 05:26:46
Link | Citer | R

Maybe (And this is just a vague theory at best) it's because the area that Shadow Dragon spawns in is like a basin area, much lower than the land around it, and SE forgot to take that into account, giving the Amphipteres a 150' aggro range vertically, whereas the ground there may be 165' down, idk. Lol.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 05:36:19
Link | Citer | R

Solid theory, since it does seem to fly at the same height, but even up near the OP it wouldn't agro, I tried for a while to agro it and saw other people following it around as well, but the other ones agro just fine. The thing is though, when I first got there a party had TWO of the things agro'd (they wiped). But considering the .dat miners found that there are three of them in zone, and one of them is up near castle Zvhal, that means that it can be agro'd, so it's not like they intentionally made one as just scenery... Hopefully they'll fix it, they're fun to kill and I want some drops <_<
 Ramuh.Suni
Serveur: Ramuh
user: sunikomo
By Ramuh.Suni 2009-07-21 05:41:09
Link | Citer | R

I just logged in, had logged out in Xarcabard(S), started running towards Beaucedine Glacier when that dragon popped out of the ground and started hovering around. I was like, o_O, i was waiting on my jig timer to use spectral jig when the damn thing aggroed me.

Heres a SS, sorry for the size.

User submitted image
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-21 05:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Otherwise they could wander the whole zone, or a much wider range, and that one could aggro in a different section of that zone, but as for that area, you're immune? Idk I've still never even bothered to go up to those zones, lol.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2009-07-21 06:34:40
Link | Citer | R

Following it won't make it aggro you, its True Sight aggro, so have to go infront of it.
And they're fairly blind
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 06:37:48
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but I tried running a long way in front and I saw other people running all around them for ages, it's more than that.
 Midgardsormr.Michelob
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Michelob
By Midgardsormr.Michelob 2009-07-21 10:03:22
Link | Citer | R

They agro low HP
 Fairy.Ryezen
Serveur: Fairy
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-21 10:45:54
Link | Citer | R

Okay, those dragons suck... Last night I did a Campaign Battle in Xarc(S), which was ugly enough in itself: Stupid Dahaks abound, smackin' the crap outta every PLD in the area. One PLD decided to kite one in a circle around the C.A. mound, so I decided to try and help him with Repose. Sorry if this is common knowledge vs. Dahaks, but it stuck first try, and lasted full duration. Luckily the battle ended before it woke, and the few of us still alive thought we were lucky... Wrong.

Not one of those new flying dragons, but TWO, swooped down right on top of the CA and commenced to own everyone that had survived and also those poor souls who had just RR'd after the battle. They're pretty scary lookin', like the Nazgul from the LOTR movie or somethin'. I didn't even want to RR after that, since they continued to hover just over the C.A. for quite some time. Finally, after like 5~10 mins, one of them flew away, and a few minutes later, the other bailed as well. XP loss FTW! Crazy... Me no likes Xarcabard (S)!
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-07-21 11:02:19
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image

It aggro'd me as I was running to the CA and then killed me..and then we all killed it...but only after its knock back made me aggro a bajillion imps that also killed me.

Its not really that hard to kill, its just annoying.

Scariest thing to watch it swoop down upon my face.
 Fairy.Ryezen
Serveur: Fairy
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-21 11:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Daus said:
User submitted image

It aggro'd me as I was running to the CA and then killed me..and then we all killed it...but only after its knock back made me aggro a bajillion imps that also killed me.

Did it drop anything? It's probably already been posted, huh? I should really look before I reply... >.>
 Ramuh.Suni
Serveur: Ramuh
user: sunikomo
By Ramuh.Suni 2009-07-21 11:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Yeah i was in the red because i logged off whilst i was weakened, didn't have any TP to heal i just wanted to get the hell out of there lol.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 11:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Well considering I was deliberately trying to find them, I was full HP/MP and the ones further back still agro'd me, so if they do agro low HP it's certainly not the only way they agro. The front one is just broken I think, it was flying over the OP warp npc all the time even while people were getting agro'd by imps and stuff, so it didn't agro them to low HP either.

Edit: someone claimed they agro'd low HP and then did a ninja delete, so I'm guessing they realised they were wrong?
 Hades.Agilo
Serveur: Hades
user: Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2009-07-21 11:19:52
Link | Citer | R

completely and totally off topic here.... but Suni, how did you get those timers and the little xp thing?
 Shiva.Clowdd
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-07-21 11:20:41
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Just wondering if anyone other servers have "Greater Amphiptere" (the flying dragons in Xarc [S]) that don't agro?

The one in the main area on Odin that flies around where the Shadow Dragon pops in the present just ignores everyone and doesn't agro like the others do, anyone else?

After me and friends tried forever to aggro this sucker we had no success. But as some of us headed towards Castle Zvahl's one easily aggroed.
What I'm thinking is that SE may have kept the one near where Shadow dragon spawns from aggroing as easily due to the fact it is near the campaign area. All in all this is just my theory.
But like I said the one near Castle Z.B. had no problem aggroing.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 11:21:06
Link | Citer | R

lol, www.windower.net
 Cerberus.Hulkamania
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hulkamania 2009-07-21 11:21:14
Link | Citer | R

I heard that Amphipteres like to grab players and fly off to there lair and force them to play wow, rumor only.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-21 11:22:30
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Well considering I was deliberately trying to find them, I was full HP/MP and the ones further back still agro'd me, so if they do agro low HP it's certainly not the only way they agro. The front one is just broken I think, it was flying over the OP warp npc all the time even while people were getting agro'd by imps and stuff, so it didn't agro them to low HP either.

Edit: someone claimed they agro'd low HP and then did a ninja delete, so I'm guessing they realised they were wrong?
is it possible they agro low hp while in the air, and agro sight and sound and low hp when on the ground?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 11:22:34
Link | Citer | R

Clowdd said:
Blazza said:

After me and friends tried forever to aggro this sucker we had no success. But as some of us headed towards Castle Zvahl's one easily aggroed.
What I'm thinking is that SE may have kept the one near where Shadow dragon spawns from aggroing as easily due to the fact it is near the campaign area. All in all this is just my theory.

That's what I noticed too, but the one near Shadow Dragon DID agro at some point, but sure as hell not when people wanted it to. But hey, you try pulling the one from castle Zvhal to somewhere you can safely kite it <_<
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-07-21 11:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Agilo said:
completely and totally off topic here.... but Suni, how did you get those timers and the little xp thing?

Windower.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-07-21 11:24:40
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Clowdd said:
Blazza said:

That's what I noticed too, but the one near Shadow Dragon DID agro at some point, but sure as hell not when people wanted it to. But hey, you try pulling the one from castle Zvhal to somewhere you can safely kite it <_<

No thx!! =P
Playing in peak traffic while heavily sedated seems alot safer. >.<
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 11:27:16
Link | Citer | R

Thoraeon said:
Blazza said:

is it possible they agro low hp while in the air, and agro sight and sound and low hp when on the ground?

They don't stay on the ground when no-ones on the hate list though, unless, I think, if they've been kited ages away from their spawn points (like into a tunnel). I saw one kill someone where it free roams, and as soon as they were dead it flew back into the sky, and then I agro'd it with full HP by running underneath it again straight after. Another one I was kite soloing, accidently engaged and it turned yellow, someone else claimed it and died so I decided to bind it and log hate and let it regen back to 100% to get full exp from it (to gauge it's level, 300exp btw). Long story short, when I logged back on, someone else had claimed it and was just dying when I caught up to it, since it was way up in one of the tunnels by this stage it didn't fly back up into the air, but started walking back to it's pop instead.
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-21 11:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Thoraeon said:
Blazza said:

They don't stay on the ground when no-ones on the hate list though, unless, I think, if they've been kited ages away from their spawn points (like into a tunnel). I saw one kill someone where it free roams, and as soon as they were dead it flew back into the sky, and then I agro'd it with full HP by running underneath it again straight after. Another one I was kite soloing, accidently engaged and it turned yellow, someone else claimed it and died so I decided to bind it and log hate and let it regen back to 100% to get full exp from it (to gauge it's level, 300exp btw). Long story short, when I logged back on, someone else had claimed it and was just dying when I caught up to it, since it was way up in one of the tunnels by this stage it didn't fly back up into the air, but started walking back to it's pop instead.

i assume it can't fly in a tunnel, so it had to walk back
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 11:31:15
Link | Citer | R

Well it was still open to the sky, but I think they made them walk back because otherwise they WOULD be flying above the cave rooves and such... that wouldn't work so well.
 Kujata.Daus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-07-21 14:12:21
Link | Citer | R

To answer
Ryezen said:
Daus said:
User submitted image

Did it drop anything? It's probably already been posted, huh? I should really look before I reply... >.>

Dropped a kindreds seal onry
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-07-21 19:13:09
Link | Citer | R

i was in Xarc [S] for about 10 at the outpost it did nto aggro me

but i think its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if it comes down by the outpost and kills people
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-21 19:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Cardinalgate said:
i was in Xarc [S] for about 10 at the outpost it did nto aggro me

but i think its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if it comes down by the outpost and kills people

Well it comes down on top of people in campaign battle and rapes them too, that's just as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but they should change the area it roams rather than just *** up it's ability to agro. One of the main points (imo) of UFOs, and hence these too, is that you forget to check the sky and they jump down and rape you when you least expect it. These ones have the added benefit over UFO's of removing your sneak and invis, potentially making you agro all sorts of nasty things, as well as dropping you to yellow and agroing ghosts and cointeaches if you don't have utsu.
 Fenrir.Martin
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Martin
By Fenrir.Martin 2009-07-21 19:55:06
Link | Citer | R

last night killed the greater and the normal one 2x each

4x no drop -.- 200ish exp for varying #'s between 3-6

fairly easy fight nin pretty much solo'd but he's good at nin so Idk

constant knockback move is very annoying especially for the brd most of it's attacks are front aoe and bloody beak drains 400ish+ on nin (hit me for 900 on sam/dnc D:) think all attacks go thru shadows but I beleive I blocked storm wing with third eye once.

there's my experience with em not too bad but annoying
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-22 01:07:54
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering... how is he a good nin if you ended up being hit by at least two single target TP moves as sam/dnc?
First Page 2