Link | Citer | R

so who wants 2 make a ninja merit pt >.>
 Asura.Nightbear
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2009-07-21 22:54:30
Link | Citer | R

"Jin followed by 3 provokes with emnity+7 gear and still didnt get hate from a mnk. "

Man i used to play hardcore DD NIN and you can't take hate of a mnk anyways.. once a mnk goes all the way there was few plds that could take hate off me ( mnk was fully merited on the good dd slots ) , my nin didn't see any acc loss on Yonin so far, had a hard time getting hate off actually , it took another nin to get that new dragon off :S , the counterpart on the crits is just insane , almost every other hit landed a crit. ( NIN merits also well rounded for DD ) now will have to work on the wheel D: .. love the new 2hr no-penalty too!!
 Lakshmi.Rylis
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rylis
By Lakshmi.Rylis 2009-07-21 23:26:47
Link | Citer | R

I think the trick here is to remember: A bad NIN will still be a bad NIN, so if you're not noticing the additional hate, odds are, you're what kind of NIN? Yonin doesn't fix a lack of skill. I believe, by this point, it's pretty obvious that many people have found a way to use Yonin to a decisive advantage. I wouldn't say I was an amazing NIN before the update, but I was at least competent. I respected the fact that NIN isn't a cheap job, and went about it with the idea that I would have to invest the gil to reap the reward, which is where most NINs drew their lines. Hopefully, this update will see NINs who really have little reason to continue sucking, simply because their biggest asset is now free in tanking setups.

Unfortunately, I think it is more likely that the inexpensive qualities of Yonin are more likely to cause an influx of the people we were glad weren't NINs, before. In the end: A good NIN just became a great tank. A bad NIN simply has the potential to not terrorize his parties so much. Yonin is a great tool, but it's not simply a font of awesomeness.. It needs some playing around with to figure out the best way to get what you need out of it. If you weren't able to tank through DDs before, odds are, this isn't going to fix it. If you were, but needed some help, this will do well for you. And if you'd already stumbled onto a great setup, Yonin will transform the job as a tank for you, I think.

Innin is very nice, too.. At 62 in campaign, I was able to reliably hit even campaign leaders, and crit at least as often as not.. There are several times when I've noticed back to back crits.. At one point, I went 13 crits in a row..

This update, I believe, has helped me get off the line I was on with NIN: I imagine I'll be happy to finish the job off, now, and can't wait to get into the end-game perfectionism with it.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-21 23:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Rylis said:
I think the trick here is to remember: A bad NIN will still be a bad NIN, so if you're not noticing the additional hate, odds are, you're what kind of NIN? Yonin doesn't fix a lack of skill. I believe, by this point, it's pretty obvious that many people have found a way to use Yonin to a decisive advantage. I wouldn't say I was an amazing NIN before the update, but I was at least competent. I respected the fact that NIN isn't a cheap job, and went about it with the idea that I would have to invest the gil to reap the reward, which is where most NINs drew their lines. Hopefully, this update will see NINs who really have little reason to continue sucking, simply because their biggest asset is now free in tanking setups.

Unfortunately, I think it is more likely that the inexpensive qualities of Yonin are more likely to cause an influx of the people we were glad weren't NINs, before. In the end: A good NIN just became a great tank. A bad NIN simply has the potential to not terrorize his parties so much. Yonin is a great tool, but it's not simply a font of awesomeness.. It needs some playing around with to figure out the best way to get what you need out of it. If you weren't able to tank through DDs before, odds are, this isn't going to fix it. If you were, but needed some help, this will do well for you. And if you'd already stumbled onto a great setup, Yonin will transform the job as a tank for you, I think.

Innin is very nice, too.. At 62 in campaign, I was able to reliably hit even campaign leaders, and crit at least as often as not.. There are several times when I've noticed back to back crits.. At one point, I went 13 crits in a row..

This update, I believe, has helped me get off the line I was on with NIN: I imagine I'll be happy to finish the job off, now, and can't wait to get into the end-game perfectionism with it.
I couldn't honestly understand why anyone would be unsatisfied with either of these new abilities myself. I haven't even been able to use them yet, but I can't really see a downside here.

I am interested in seeing some solid numbers on the effects, though, especially the literal crit rate change, both given for melee and taken for enemy damage. Can't imagine the taken amount would be terribly much, but still curious to see! Expecting to see some pretty crazy Jins this week from people. lol
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-21 23:48:28
Link | Citer | R

5/5 on crit/ good crit katana + JA

will make some sexy *** Jins yo
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-21 23:50:14
Link | Citer | R

<--67 nin hit 1.6k on campaign mob with Blade:Jin. Also yea i figured out why Yonin wasnt working for me. 1) We were fighting colibri (not lesser...the ones that reflect) so ele wheel was just killing everybody. 2) I couldnt keep food 3) Both wars in the party were /sam and spamming TP moves.

Got in a new pty on imps and flies with people that knew what they were doing and everything went fine. So yea..Yonin has turned out better than when i first got ahold of it.
 Asura.Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2009-07-22 00:01:37
Link | Citer | R

ah .. well NIN really shines once you work into it, for example : DMG%- set = tanking and kiting that comibined with EMN+ set = you will never melee and will be subing DRK .

Merit pt: only sub is war anything else is a joke ( tryed them all :P ) best pieces you can get that are not salvage : Hauby+1 , AF+1 hands . AF2 hands for night time ( can i have them ; ; ) , Byakkos is a must, i didnt want to level NIN untill i got them on war, a Byakko-less nin is just.. not a happy nin.

Other NIN combos that could rock with this update: NIN/RDM & NIN/BLM for only and only elemental wheel spaming. ( need to re-do MAB set ) , /dnc will be the best solo sub for NIN pre-post Update :) , in a low level scenario well i had to work my way up againts an LS mnk ( Caledonius ) who was insanely merited at the time. and i dont think you can get hate off a good MNK or any good DD.

If you having Acc problems well , either need more merits on your katanas or need more acc gear and a good brd <3 , 1k+ Jins can be done based on luck and luck only, tryed so many gear and combinations that ended up forcing me to quit -.- ( cuchulains will do ***for NIN or MNK) AF+1 , food , +1 gear , buffs . etc SE knows how to break your heart :( /drk...

(wall-o-text) anyways , just keep trying diferent stuff, gear, subs, dont cage the NIN in a "tank only" mode. you will be surpriced when you outparse a WAR or a decent MNK (BB MNK GTFO )
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-22 00:10:19
Link | Citer | R

Nightbear said:

(wall-o-text) anyways , just keep trying diferent stuff, gear, subs, dont cage the NIN in a "tank only" mode. you will be surpriced when you outparse a WAR or a decent MNK (BB MNK GTFO )

Problem: Tried that and 0 invites for "dd nin" in about 8 hours of seeking. Even for any level sync i got nothing. So it seems that even after the update people still see ninja as a tank and nothing else...which really shows the intelligence level of the newer player base.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-22 00:14:42
Link | Citer | R

if you want to educate people

Form a party.
Get a PLD+ healer
DDs

your problem is solved

if someone has a problem. Tell him/her to gtfo and get someone else

then those people will awe in your awesomeness and tell others
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2009-07-22 00:15:55
Link | Citer | R

Rander said:
When i make a sandwich i like to cut off the crust of the bread before spreading the peanut butter. I then apply the peanut butter in long swift strokes from east to west. On the opposite slice of bread from the peanut butter i place 1.3146 ounces of jam. I then place the two slices of bread together applying slight pressure as to mash the ingrediants into a nice mixture. I then take a six inch carving knife and cut my sandwich diagonally.

I agree with Rander.
[+]
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 00:21:33
Link | Citer | R

HOLY *** YOUR AVATAR :O
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-22 00:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
HOLY *** YOUR AVATAR :O

it looks so...so...too gay to function O.o
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 00:25:19
Link | Citer | R

My Gaydar just overloaded and burst into flames...
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-22 00:30:39
Link | Citer | R

it reminded me of this...

User submitted image
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-22 00:31:05
Link | Citer | R

LOL
 Asura.Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2009-07-22 01:38:35
Link | Citer | R

LOLZ

Well yeah i had to make my own pts , and to be honest i did a static of great players taking nin from 37 to 70 in about a week or so then it slowed as hell when big PLD update came up last year. soloed a few levels ( almost went nuts ) then just flaged as WAR and ninja changed jobs :P... then yeah ppl said my nin wasnt that bad as DD.

WOW avatar.. is that like a ... 1000 years of pain from naruto but on gay version?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2009-07-22 02:12:52
Link | Citer | R

I'll take that as a compliment.
[+]
 Seraph.Chuuuuu
user:
By Seraph.Chuuuuu 2009-07-22 02:17:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

lol well i like the avi :3
 Remora.Siavash
user: Siavash
By Remora.Siavash 2009-07-22 02:51:26
Link | Citer | R

Thunderz said:
5/5 on crit/ good crit katana + JA

will make some sexy *** Jins yo

4/4 Crit... That category has a total capacity of 8 merits. Each meritable item has four levels.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-07-22 03:20:58
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:
Erendis said:
User submitted image

I hate these kind of ppl, if this glitch is on you'r side just stfu and have fun with it, if it's not yeah u can *** about it

Hello salvage duping? >.>

wtf does salvage duping have to do with this retard. if you think or witnessed a mass ban from se for the first time with that you are a pup at this game...
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-22 03:30:49
Link | Citer | R

Stanflame said:
Hitetsu said:
Erendis said:
User submitted image

I hate these kind of ppl, if this glitch is on you'r side just stfu and have fun with it, if it's not yeah u can *** about it

wtf does salvage duping have to do with this retard. if you think or witnessed a mass ban from se for the first time with that you are a pup at this game...

Stan, you really are a ***. While it's highly unlikely to get banned from simply playing on nin, the relation to salvage duping is that people who didn't get any drops from it, but were with other people who did and failed to report the glitch were also banned.

It's a reasonably broad comparison, but it's certainly a legitimate one.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-22 03:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Stanflame said:
Hitetsu said:
Erendis said:
User submitted image

What does salvage duping have to do with this? I quote..

Quote:
if this glitch is on you'r side just stfu and have fun with it

Now, correct me if I'm wrong.. Salvage duping was a "glitch that was on your side"? Right?

EDIT: Because Blazz beat me to it >_>

Quote:

Yeah, veeeery broad comparison, but it was the first one I thought of at the time XD
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-07-22 03:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Stanflame said:
Hitetsu said:
Erendis said:
User submitted image

Stan, you really are a ***. While it's highly unlikely to get banned from simply playing on nin, the relation to salvage duping is that people who didn't get any drops from it, but were with other people who did and failed to report the glitch were also banned.

Yeah and it is not the same thing as all the times SE has banned for glitches. I asked if that was his first time he her saw se do a damn mass ban because I have seen *** plenty. This will not get a ban... I know it won't... people were *** cheating as times before that is why they were banned. Everyone crying freaking Q_Q about that one thing SE did... like it was the first time. Tired of this ***.

GM gave a response then yonin gives 75+ to it that is all. They stated it is working as it should.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-22 03:55:58
Link | Citer | R

So what other mass bans have you seen from SE?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-07-22 04:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Delivery box glitch (duping). let you send an item or gil to someone and as they went to pick it up you could cancel and dupe the item. SE fixed it after a while and banned and temp banned for it. Then there was some time in 2005 when someone took advantage of the moogle appearing outside mog houses in jeuno.. a third party application was made where you could switch jobs easy in places where no nomad moogles were... an example was selbina back in the day. people were temp banned and also perma banned.

It is not the first time if i want to dig I can find more. So people at salvage got what they freaking deserved since SE back then stated to report glitches.

I could careless *** got what they deserved.
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-22 04:01:42
Link | Citer | R

Regardless, you're not gaining anything by playing the job. The people that were banned exploited the game to receive items that impacted the game economy. Playing NIN you lose tools you don't lose tools, it's exactly the same, sure you save money but that has never been an exploit.

Anyway, this discussion is stupid. Looks good for NIN. Something similar for RNG next?
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-22 04:45:54
Link | Citer | R

k dumb question..is the enmity bonus only granted while facing the mob? j/w
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-22 05:20:43
Link | Citer | R

it is at all times
 Seraph.Majinn
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2009-07-22 07:27:09
Link | Citer | R

There's a new "Known Issues" on POL saying there's an issue w/ no Ninja tools being spent w/ Yonnin active. Just thought I'd let you know, it might get changed.
 Unicorn.Dragonspight
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dragonspight 2009-07-22 09:01:25
Link | Citer | R

FFFFFF Guys. Quit quoting large images gaaaaawd. I'm trying to read here.