Forum » FFXI » General » Job Balance?
Job Balance?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25
By Afania 2016-09-17 06:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Afania said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Real question here is, why are you advocating nerfing for mediocre/bad players? Sure, they make up a lot of the shouts, but who wants to join a bad/meh party anyway?

SE has been balancing jobs based on the majority of player though, not Draylo nor Stamos.

That's why they nerf BST.

Again, you guys are looking at this issue from top end player's pov, instead of entire community. Top end players are minority, not majority.
This is soooo wrong. You don't nerf a job based on the mid tier player, that's really stupid. You nerf something either because it's an unintended exploit, or because at the top potential there is too wide a gap(ie pre-nerf Ukko). So if anything monk is the one needing a boost here, or skillchains needing a nerf. Blu being good for middle tier players is a really bad reason.

Also pick one argument and stick with it...sometimes it's MG, then it's acc, then it's defense, then it's versatility, then it's popularity. You just keep changing it based on people's posts.

This is silly, my argument has been the same regarding this topic for months if you can't even grasp my main point. My argument has always been BLU being PUG friendly because of mg, acc and defense, this has never change, and if you already have one in pt makes more sense to invite 2nd one(exclusively).

If Im following what everyone else say I would just go "But blu outparse everything".

Idk why you keep saying I change opinion when I clearly didn't.

Real question here is, why are you advocating nerfing for mediocre/bad players? Sure, they make up a lot of the shouts, but who wants to join a bad/meh party anyway?

SE has been balancing jobs based on the majority of player though, not Draylo nor Stamos.

That's why they nerf BST.

Again, you guys are looking at this issue from top end player's pov, instead of entire community. Top end players are minority, not majority.
This is soooo wrong. You don't nerf a job based on the mid tier player, that's really stupid. You nerf something either because it's an unintended exploit, or because at the top potential there is too wide a gap(ie pre-nerf Ukko). So if anything monk is the one needing a boost here, or skillchains needing a nerf. Blu being good for middle tier players is a really bad reason.

Also pick one argument and stick with it...sometimes it's MG, then it's acc, then it's defense, then it's versatility, then it's popularity. You just keep changing it based on people's posts.

Other dps doesn't get such options to pick playstyle
And this, omg. Blu, cor, pup, sch, dnc, run and geo are all hybrid classes.
Do we have to nerf them all because they can do different things other than spam ws? At this point you're just saying anything for the sake of being right.

Regarding how to decide what job to nerf, tell that to SE.

Cor, pup, sch, dnc and run doesn't create an issue of exclusivity. When is the last time you see people try to make a DD pt of PUP only because they possess buffs thats must have for melee?

If anything it's you who is trying to argue against me for the sake of arguing without even presenting valid opinion regarding current FFXI trends. Because apparently Afania is the only person think BLU has advantage over other job in this entire thread. Why don't you claim every other person(theres a lot of people) who all agree that blu needs adjustment is arguing for the sake of wanting to argue.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-17 06:22:32
Link | Citer | R

Because some people are capable of making valid arguments, unlike you.

Also plenty of times when run, cor, sch and especially geo(x2 no less) are required, yet you're fine with that. And pup strats are a thing too.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 06:36:51
Link | Citer | R

Also plenty of times when run, cor, sch and especially geo(x2 no less) are required, yet you're fine with that. And pup strats are a thing too.

What % of content do people sit around and shout exclusively for those jobs for?

I see people shout for all sorts of content, BLU BLU BLU.

There's a reason for that. And it's not simply "evry1 iz dum k". BLU is OP, it is well known and well established that it is OP. We wouldn't have had a monumental shift towards a rather low population job if it was perfectly fine and balanced.

/sea all

Overall 1102

SCH 25
COR 26
RUN 19
GEO 81

BLU 150
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-17 06:39:25
Link | Citer | R

My argument seems all over the place because Draylo countered my argument individually by using nitpicking tactics, thus I replied each of his point individually as well.

It seems all over the place to YOU because you didn't participate in any of the BLU discussion until this thread. My point was already made in many, many, many thread before this. Draylo, Nightfyre all agreed with some of the point that I've made despite they are against the nerfs. So why do you suddenly pop in this discussion and direct your anger toward me?

My stance in this topic has always been the same. I think the mechanic of MG and CDC light sc property creates exclusivity when organizing pt. I think defense/blink/self haste favors pug. I think both factors add up together caused every pug goes BLU onry, and adjustment to MG could at least make BLU not exclude other jobs.

Exactly which part of my point isn't "valid" in your eyes while everyone else is valid? Seems like you just want to take an argument to personal level against me and start a fight.

Claiming I'm "fine" with other job balance is big assumption. Just because I didn't pop on the forum scream "NERF GEO" doesn't mean I don't think it's above other support roles.

GEO aside, RUN doesn't block any job, pld and pup still has advantage and disadvantage as tank and still being used. COR also doesn't block any job as support and DD role, and quite interchangable with other DD jobs. SCH is the only job that can make SC in mage setup high lv content, thus it also doesn't block any job because if you nerf SCH SC there are no other job that can do what SCH does.

This entire BLU argument isn't based on BLU being "required", instead it's "BLU gets priority invite over other DD in same pt role", none of the job you mentioned creates such issue except GEO.

Either way, based on your assumption that I'm "fine" with GEO, I think you just intend to take this discussion onto personal level. Wtf. Keep that Afania hate coming plz.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-17 06:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
What % of content do people sit around and shout exclusively for those jobs for?
Since apparently anecdotal evidence is important now over empyrical, I've never once seen a shout for blu on my server.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-17 06:50:42
Link | Citer | R

So why do you suddenly pop in this discussion and direct your anger toward me?
Seems like you just want to take an argument to personal level against me.
I think you just intend to take this discussion onto personal level. Wtf. Keep that Afania hate coming plz.
Lol. You have some insecurity issues.

I'm neither angry nor target specific people ever.

I also really give no *** about whether blu gets nerfed or not, I neither gain nor lose anything from it. But this is a forum and people debate on forums. Your assumption that nerfs should be based around what low/mid tier players can accomplish is really wrong.

Hey let's nerf lv 10 nin cause no one else can do that at that lv!!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 06:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Since apparently anecdotal evidence is important now over empyrical, I've never once seen a shout for blu on my server.

We've gone over a ton of empirical evidence in this thread, I guess you missed it?

I'll start screenshotting shouts to post, then.

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-17 07:01:24
Link | Citer | R

You misunderstand the meaning of what I said.
By Afania 2016-09-17 07:02:47
Link | Citer | R

So why do you suddenly pop in this discussion and direct your anger toward me?
Seems like you just want to take an argument to personal level against me.
I think you just intend to take this discussion onto personal level. Wtf. Keep that Afania hate coming plz.
Lol. You have some insecurity issues.

I'm neither angry nor target specific people ever.

I also really give no *** about whether blu gets nerfed or not, I neither gain nor lose anything from it. But this is a forum and people debate on forums. Your assumption that nerfs should be based around what low/mid tier players can accomplish is really wrong.

Hey let's nerf lv 10 nin cause no one else can do that at that lv!!

You don't sound like you have a point to present regarding this issue at all, especially when you claim my stance changes based on what others said. Your entire post didn't present any pov nor opinion toward the discussion, except aiming toward the person writing it.

The BLU nerf argument is less about basing it on low/mid tier player and what they can accomplish, but more about none BLU DD has harder time to get invite over equally geared BLU. How about presenting your opinion to solve this issue instead of pop in a discussion that you haven't actively participate and randomly attack ppl by claiming I'm changing my argument and feeling insecure.
 Sylph.Traxus
Serveur: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-09-17 07:03:32
Link | Citer | R

We've gone over a ton of empirical evidence in this thread, I guess you missed it?

I'll start screenshotting shouts to post, then.

Than make your own groups? Don't tell me you need specific setups for VD leviathan or VD gnole ambuscade, because I can solo both of them on multiple jobs.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 07:04:05
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Than make your own groups? Don't tell me you need specific setups for VD leviathan or VD gnole ambuscade, because I can solo both of them on multiple jobs.

Welcome to 20 pages ago. That's not at all the point.

There's a reason people shout exclusively for BLU.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-09-17 07:09:05
Link | Citer | R

You see the odd shout for things not asking for BLU, but the majority of people will just default to BLU because even their pet poodle has it at 99 and it makes everything easier.

Ambuscade can be done with any DD setup, you don't even need to include a BLU but most do because everyone else does.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-17 07:12:53
Link | Citer | R

You don't sound like you have a point to present regarding this issue at all, especially when you claim my stance changes based on what others said. Your entire post didn't present any pov nor opinion toward the discussion, except aiming toward the person writing it.
What a headache...you really need to stop with the victim complex just because someone disagrees with you.

Some pages ago there seemed to be a collective agreement about the fact that the best players are aware that you don't need to only use blu to clear content.
Your rebuttal is that lower tier players only use blu.
My point is that you don't nerf a job based on what it can do on the low end of the spectrum. That is a terrible idea.

Whether or not MG needs to be nerfed beyond this argument is something I haven't interest in and as a matter of fact I haven't said anyone they're right or wrong(other than pointing out that someone back in the pages conveniently forgot the point/cast time issue).

How about presenting your opinion to solve this issue instead of pop in a discussion that you haven't actively participate and randomly attack ppl by claiming I'm changing my argument and feeling insecure.
Enough of this victimhood.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-17 07:15:37
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Traxus said: »

Welcome to 20 pages ago. That's not at all the point.

There's a reason people shout exclusively for BLU.

It is called, they don't know better and can't play other set ups. If you see those shouts don't join them. They aren't likely to be beating much more than high tier bcnm, ambuscade, and low tier escha/reisen.
Just move along and find something else. You screen shots of shout only show 2 people that should not be leading groups.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 07:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
You see the odd shout for things not asking for BLU, but the majority of people will just default to BLU because even their pet poodle has it at 99 and it makes everything easier.

Ambuscade can be done with any DD setup, you don't even need to include a BLU but most do because everyone else does.

Precisely. And this didn't happen for no goddamn reason. There's a reason everyone has gone through the effort of gearing and learning spells for BLU. It makes everything easier. Why does it make everything easier? Because it's *** OP.

Also, little anecdote:

Over the past few months I made some friends and we started a little static. Geared them all up, got to where we can easily clear Vagary, merc up through t3 reisen, etc. Our WHM wanted a Septoptic (for her non-Idris GEO) but had the absolute worst luck with it, had been 3 farming sessions and no drop for her, everyone else got it like 5x, whatever. I was afk and they didn't know if I was joining this farming session, so I get back to my computer and see them shouting for BLU + GEO, basically replacing my THF and GEO dualbox with two others. I ask why she's shouting exclusively for a BLU since that isn't required, and then refuse to join. So she starts shouting for DD + GEO, find their people and they go off. Then she sent me these messages on Facebook:

Quote:
I'm so glad we didn't take a BLU and included another job. We wiped multiple times and shocker, no drop and ended up wasting <friend1> and <friend2>'s time.
Thanks so very much.
Won't be doing it anymore though, because the average playbase can't seem to do it and I'm not going to continually waste everyones time.

She hasn't logged into the game since, it's been three weeks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-09-17 07:23:56
Link | Citer | R

And pup strats are a thing too.

Don't you bring us into this shitshow.
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-17 07:34:13
Link | Citer | R

What a headache...you really need to stop with the victim complex just because someone disagrees with you.

If you disagree then just disagree. But claiming my point has changed when it didn't sounds like your intentions are more than just trying to disagree.

Anyways, maybe I'm wrong about your intentions. But nobody would like others to make false assumptions about their opinion.

Some pages ago there seemed to be a collective agreement about the fact that the best players are aware that you don't need to only use blu to clear content.
Your rebuttal is that lower tier players only use blu.
My point is that you don't nerf a job based on what it can do on the low end of the spectrum. That is a terrible idea.

BLU also gains advantage in top end pt. There's always a use for extra bubble unless you are already meleeing in lowest acc tp set. Higher defense doesn't hurt either. Note that 6 months ago when ppl posted Shedu strategy(pretty challenging fight at that time) and recently intense ambu VD strategy, BLU is still being mentioned as recommendation, in order to reduce the overall difficulty.

In other words, BLU still has significant impact when it comes to reducing the difficulty of the fight, even for skilled players.
So it's not like mid tier player gains massive advantage easy mode while top end players are unaffected.

Anyways, my point is that regardless of pt BLU still has exclusivity and advantage over other DD jobs, this argument is made based on the job ability itself, not player skill lv.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-17 07:54:51
Link | Citer | R

Why is "make your own" group a reason as to why BLU shouldn't be nerfed?

I'm ok with valid counter-points but that isn't a counter-point.

Afania and Lady aren't arguing because they can't get into groups, they are arguing because they think there is in imbalance in the job.

This isn't a personal agenda, it is a hope that the game can become more balanced.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-17 08:29:25
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »

Afania and Lady aren't arguing because they can't get into groups, they are arguing because they think there is in imbalance in the job.

This isn't a personal agenda, it is a hope that the game can become more balanced.

I'm going to argue there should be no nerfs to all jobs cause sub numbers are already low at this point. Any nerfs can get a group of players to quit and that won't be good for anyone.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 08:40:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Foreverj said: »

I'm going to argue there should be no nerfs to all jobs cause sub numbers are already low at this point. Any nerfs can get a group of players to quit and that won't be good for anyone.

Already quoted above someone who quit the game because of imbalance. Why would someone who prefers to play a melee job that isn't BLU want to keep playing this game when they're not seeing any invites and it's looking to take so much time and gil to possibly compete with one? You have to look at the big picture, not everyone wants to play Final BLU Fantasy XI.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-17 08:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Not trying to sound offensive, but did you read the thread? The reason that point was made was because a point was being made that people only shouted for BLUs in PUGs. Saying War/Drk/Sam etc cannot get invites because people only want BLU. That is why I said "make your own party."
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-09-17 08:50:01
Link | Citer | R

Wow alot of BLU Haters now >.>

IF you wanna talk about Balance, instead of NERF down jobs, why not PUMP UP the other jobs so it all balances it out.

Makes sense , no ?
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 08:53:21
Link | Citer | R

Not trying to sound offensive, but did you read the thread? The reason that point was made was because a point was being made that people only shouted for BLUs in PUGs. Saying War/Drk/Sam etc cannot get invites because people only want BLU. That is why I said "make your own party."

And most people cannot make their own party. Most people don't know content well enough to do so. Most people will see BLU BLU BLU and get discouraged and quit the game instead of try to make their own party. It's a monumental level of imbalance that is hurting the game. Making your own party is not in any way a solution.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-17 09:00:45
Link | Citer | R

How is figuring things out on your own, researching strategies, or asking a friend for advice a bad thing?

What you just said makes it sound like people need to go to therapy or something for confidence lol
By eliroo 2016-09-17 09:01:06
Link | Citer | R

You lose just as many people when it comes to imbalance. A nerf also doesn't have to ruin a job, just make others playable. If you read this thread you will read how a lot of the nerfs people are suggesting will do nothing to BLU anyway.

But you aren't talking to the people that are being excluded from parties so that point is absolutely invalid.

Even if you were, so you are suggesting that every WAR/DRK/SAM should just make their own party? There aren't enough tanks, supports or healers for that.

How about we balance the game so pugs are accepting of any DPS? So that way people don't have to make their own parties to enjoy a game that revolves around making and JOINING parties.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-17 09:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Already quoted above someone who quit the game because of imbalance. Why would someone who prefers to play a melee job that isn't BLU want to keep playing this game when they're not seeing any invites and it's looking to take so much time and gil to possibly compete with one? You have to look at the big picture, not everyone wants to play Final BLU Fantasy XI.

That's why I would push to buff other jobs. If they buff monk I can actually sign on and play and gear monk.
By eliroo 2016-09-17 09:04:22
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Wow alot of BLU Haters now >.>

IF you wanna talk about Balance, instead of NERF down jobs, why not PUMP UP the other jobs so it all balances it out.

Makes sense , no ?

A few reasons why this mentality doesn't work:

1. It is a lot easier and safer to nerf one job then to buff nine others.

2. If you are just continually buffing jobs so that way they meet the status quo eventually you will see a glaring power creep that would start to make the harder content in this game easy and thus boring. You would also end up homogenizing some of the jobs.

3. Nerfs or Buffs are the same thing. It is just the mental aspect that is different. If you buff all other jobs then you are indirectly nerfing BLU. Game balance shouldn't be based around making others feel good. Sometimes it is a lot easier to take from one pile then to add a whole lot to another.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-17 09:06:49
Link | Citer | R

How is figuring things out on your own, researching strategies, or asking a friend for advice a bad thing?

What you just said makes it sound like people need to go to therapy or something for confidence lol

You don't know any MMO players, do you?
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-17 09:07:55
Link | Citer | R

Not enough tanks/healers? Not everyone is going to be shouting at the same time. At least on my server, there is an Ambuscade shout now and then, and they don't exclusively shout for any specific DD. Just front line job. Maybe this whole extreme bandwagon BLU thing is mostly on the more populated servers?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25