Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Taking up Corsair Soon
Taking up Corsair Soon
By Haguruma 2013-09-05 11:29:24
Link | Citer | R

I have a couple questions regarding Corsair and current content:

1. Do I absolutely have to have its Abyssea set or could I get by using bayld gears? Getting groups for seal farming has just turned into a chore and it feels as if I'd be better off taking a day or two to solo for the seals.

2. This kinda coincides with the last post, but what gear should I absolutely have before playing COR in delve/Do people even care or notice?

Don't worry, I won't go in without having capped Marksmanship. The reason I'm taking up Corsair is its ability to do deeps between buffs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Haguruma 2013-09-05 11:33:26
Link | Citer | R

As long as it's worth the time. Thanks.
By fractalvoid 2013-09-05 11:39:10
Link | Citer | R

AF3+2 hands are vital. Feet are still fairly useful aswell. Legs are just snapshot piece at this point. Relic hat is also a necessity.

There is still no confirmed difference between the nq relic hat and the +2 (unless you get the augment obviously) so I wouldn't waste gil on it, unless you had a way to do the trial for the augment, because I can assume you're somewhat strapped for gil if making a post like this...

Seha's guide does have alternative sets/pieces though so there's no point in going over anything unless you have a specific question.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-09-05 11:58:46
Link | Citer | R

Re: COR Empyrean set, it really is still pretty good even today. In order of priority, I'd suggest that Hands/Feet are must-haves from the start, Body and Hat can be useful, Legs are a bit more situational and you may be able to skip.

* Hands: Extends duration of Phantom Roll, so definitely useful for Delve bosses when you're doing stuff like rolling on one party, then dropping and buffing a different party. You want those rolls to last as long as they can.

* Feet: +2 enhances Quick Draw by making a QD shot giving +20% damage taken to the same element (all sources: spells, other QD shots, magic WS) for 10sec after the shot. Obviously very useful.

* Body: Still a great ranged TP piece, and also nice for Tactician's Roll (which is a fairly useful roll) by adding 1tp/tic regain to the roll.

* Head is still a very nice ranged TP/Last Stand piece.

* Legs are still OK today as a pre-shot snapshot piece, but there are now other snapshot choices (Nahtirah, augmented Iuitl, Mustela). You would want to finish a shot with something else though (Nahtirah, Thurandaut, R.Atk Manibozho, etc.)

Non-empy stuff that's a must:
- Relic Hat, Body
- Luzaf's Ring
- Proper subjobs (/WHM /DNC are musts for Delve, /RDM is nice, /WAR /NIN /BLM /RNG can all be useful but not really the priority)

Stuff that's quite nice:
- Augmented ACP body (QD recast -5)
- Augmented ASA legs (PR recast -5)
- Relic +2 augments, Head > Feet > Legs > Body
- Chatoyant Staff
- A decent sword/skill and Requiescat (very good for some Delve runs). Lacking that, a good dagger and a decent TP set can also be helpful for piercing weak stuff like in Ceizak.

Rolls any COR should have:
Melee: Hunter's, Chaos, Fighter's, Rogue's, Samurai
Mage: Evoker's, Caster's, Wizard's, Warlock's
Other: Tactician's, Bolter's, Magus
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-09-05 18:09:20
Link | Citer | R

fractalvoid said: »
AF3+2 hands are vital. Feet are still fairly useful aswell. Legs are just snapshot piece at this point. Relic hat is also a necessity.

There is still no confirmed difference between the nq relic hat and the +2 (unless you get the augment obviously) so I wouldn't waste gil on it, unless you had a way to do the trial for the augment, because I can assume you're somewhat strapped for gil if making a post like this...

Seha's guide does have alternative sets/pieces though so there's no point in going over anything unless you have a specific question.

The nq gives a 33% chance to increase, the +2 gives 50%. Well worth the investment.

Also the nvrch body +2 is nice for if and when u use tac roll. But situational stuffs situational :D

As far as easy to get, the ACP body with QD delay -5 i think is pretty essintial, paried with w head
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-09-05 18:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Also if ya plan to use last stand, plan to pile on ra acc
By fractalvoid 2013-09-05 22:51:23
Link | Citer | R

I can't find anywhere that says the +2 gives any more of a bonus than the nq. Maybe I'm just trippin though.

ACP body is nice, as is ASA legs (phantom roll recast) if you don't have anything else to use them for, although this is not necessary.

Relic feet and leg augments are very nice and fairly easy to do, even solo. I would prioritize feet then head as far as augments go. Legs aren't completely needed but make rolling a lot more comfortable as you can Snake Eye on 8s all day like a boss.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-06 06:27:09
Link | Citer | R

Re: necessity of empy stuff.

Assuming you only care about rolling and support(cause otherwise you really have to get everything to maximize performance), you can skip hat because blitzer roll is worthless. Hands are the most important piece, but feet and body are too. More niche but pants could be worth getting if you use caster roll for your mages.

edit: earring and neck can be skipped, cape you should get.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-09-06 17:06:45
Link | Citer | R

fractalvoid said: »
I can't find anywhere that says the +2 gives any more of a bonus than the nq. Maybe I'm just trippin though.

ACP body is nice, as is ASA legs (phantom roll recast) if you don't have anything else to use them for, although this is not necessary.

Relic feet and leg augments are very nice and fairly easy to do, even solo. I would prioritize feet then head as far as augments go. Legs aren't completely needed but make rolling a lot more comfortable as you can Snake Eye on 8s all day like a boss.

Says so here in BG
By Haguruma 2013-09-07 09:28:51
Link | Citer | R

Seems I lucked out. The next log-in campaign is going to be rolling out kupons for empy+1 armor. I'm already sitting on most of the +2 stuff. Looks like I'll work on ACP/ASA and augmenting my relic in the mean time.

Thanks guys.

If I play a job I definitely want to maximize the potential, I was just curious how important the empy pieces really were.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-09-07 09:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Are the kupons all 8 seals or just one?
By Haguruma 2013-09-07 09:39:58
Link | Citer | R

All.

Quick edit:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/11th/login03.html#BS
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
By cervelo84 2013-12-06 08:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Great post, I am also going to play a corsair because it looks like a dps/ support class. Does Corsair get scavenge? Or I have to have Ranger SJ for it? Bullets are sooo expensive.

Also is there a cheaper way to get dice? The npc has them but they are 80-100k per dice? And there are 30 + dice to buy?

I have enough loggin points for the feet and hands. Thanks for the advice. The head piece is cool for the delay reduction. But someone said its useless? 3.5 %, not that big of a difference?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-12-06 08:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Dice only come from vendor in Nashmau.

Recycle rate is also pretty good and if you shoot with some pieces that enhance it, it's really a minimal loss of bullets. It used to be very expensive to play, but not anymore.

Hat depends on what you need to do and your available alternatives. Check the sticky guide in this section for reference.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-12-06 08:26:00
Link | Citer | R

cervelo84 said: »
Great post, I am also going to play a corsair because it looks like a dps/ support class. Does Corsair get scavenge? Or I have to have Ranger SJ for it? Bullets are sooo expensive.

Also is there a cheaper way to get dice? The npc has them but they are 80-100k per dice? And there are 30 + dice to buy?

I have enough loggin points for the feet and hands. Thanks for the advice. The head piece is cool for the delay reduction. But someone said its useless? 3.5 %, not that big of a difference?

COR mostly play like dancer now, with high recycle rate it's not that expensive. You can kill up with xbow on another job and save money.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-12-06 08:38:33
Link | Citer | R

Majority of the time you won't be shooting for tp anyways.