Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2013-09-01 20:57:13
Link | Citer | R

So...litlle lol
But aoes hurt bad !
made a 15000+dmg on my whm 24w
we found it as soon as he poped, called everyone...and failed, got still like 20% left...orz

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-01 21:08:23
Link | Citer | R

Looks awesome
 Ragnarok.Titox
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-09-01 21:52:14
Link | Citer | R

Where it pops? O: i want to see Odin! *-* even if i die in battle!....or just by looking at him....whatever comes first!

Edit: nvm! i thought i couldn't get the picture bigger! but thanks :3
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-01 22:12:14
Link | Citer | R

Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-01 22:59:14
Link | Citer | R

I've heard Odin pops at the same time on all servers, there was talk that he was downed on Excalibur earlier. There were also sightings of a guy wearing the body piece you can get from beating him.
 Odin.Hirokei
Serveur: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-09-01 23:36:00
Link | Citer | R

Fought him earlier on Adamantoise, got him down to like 10% and timed out, but still got 1 Odin's Mantle, assuming for gold rating.
 Leviathan.Arturious
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Arturious 2013-09-01 23:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Saw him the other night on Coeurl while running around on my lvl 11 Conjurer.
Stopped real quick just to take a pic, then died immediately after.
Was fun to watch the bodies drop lol.
By Quiznor 2013-09-01 23:45:02
Link | Citer | R

What zone is that btw?
By sumo 2013-09-01 23:59:11
Link | Citer | R

I think Odin pops in any of the Shrouds.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-09-02 00:06:17
Link | Citer | R

That particular one was the South Shroud...I think. I forget. In one of the screens it was mentioned that it was just south of Buscaroon's Druthers which you visit a few times in the main quest (around levels 24-27~ish). No idea if he has any sort of consistency.
By Quiznor 2013-09-02 00:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Monkeynutz said: »
That particular one was the South Shroud...I think. I forget. In one of the screens it was mentioned that it was just south of Buscaroon's Druthers which you visit a few times in the main quest (around levels 24-27~ish). No idea if he has any sort of consistency.

oh i never read the logs actually. i probably should have lol

sumo said: »
I think Odin pops in any of the Shrouds.

makes sense with the other quoted post.

I remember seeing odin in the launch trailer,in a spooky looking forest,so I just figured it was higher level one hidden away somewhere I havent been yet

I really need to finish exploring everywhere
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-09-02 00:34:49
Link | Citer | R

Quiznor said: »
I really need to finish exploring everywhere

I've actually been really reluctant to do mass exploration since exp gained from exploring scales with each level. I remember it was like 18 exp at level 3 or so, but now it's around 650 at 27 and 6550 for the whole map. Petty amounts in the grand scheme and all, but I feel like it would be a complete waste to give a low level character a couple thousand exp for checking everything out when I can get several tens of thousands of exp at a higher level :x
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-09-02 00:36:15
Link | Citer | R

It appeared on Friday on Hyperion, Central Shroud, south of White Wolf Gate. Was a total lag-fest LOL...I couldn't even see the model of the mob until I was right on top of it. It reminded me of the Atomos lag-battles on 1.23. ^_-

On Hyperion, we got it down to 1%, then he did Zantetsuken, and wiped out everyone. FATE Failed! :p

It did make me think of the phrase "NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED" for some reason, though... >.>;;

He gave me 5 gil--that was kind of nice. :p Given the entire server was crowded around him, that's a lot of gil to give out. ^^
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-09-02 04:08:37
Link | Citer | R

Does /kneel work on this one too?
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-09-02 12:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Good chance it does based off the quest a little brat gives you related to Odin.

Makes you /kneel before him or face his 'might.'
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-09-02 16:09:23
Link | Citer | R

ok, im confused on how these HNM in this game work. i fought Simurg the other day, with 2-3 people. since they are "Fates" how do drops and stuff work?
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2013-09-02 16:56:53
Link | Citer | R

If you're not in a dunjeons, everyone got his own drop.
In dunjeon jobs who need drops got priority "need", if no one need u can lot "cupidity".
Can be kind of frustrating sometimes, but its VERY fair.
I think its about the same system as in LOR.
 Siren.Knivesz
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-02 17:02:12
Link | Citer | R

It may seem fair but considering that you seem to actually need to be on the job the gear is for to be able to get the "need" priority this system may cause an even bigger deficit in tanks/healers for dungeons. I know I wouldnt wanna go whm to a dungeon even though I have it leveled when what I really wanna gear is my monk. Get used to being paired up with tons of Arcanists as main healers I suppose.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2013-09-02 17:15:08
Link | Citer | R

That's the point, but it limit to a maximum the possible drama...idea is kinda "if u want drop, go with the job, if u got another idea, make u're own team (and make sur u can trust them w)!"
For peoples who played ff11 for years and got too much much drama and ls-war over drops, i bet u can see how much it's a wonderfull system.
Of course no system will be perfect and peoples will complain...but i personnaly like it.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-09-02 17:27:20
Link | Citer | R

Oh? so theres a chance Sim could of dropped something for everyone? What does he drop? I didn't get anything >:
 Siren.Knivesz
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-02 17:30:52
Link | Citer | R

If that's the point though yoshi shouldn't be making quotes trying to encourage more people to use tank jobs for dungeons because of the severe lack of tanks atm lol. If your favorite jobs are pugilist/thaumaturge/bard etc why would you forego the opportunity to get gear for that job in favor of using tanks like warrior/marauder/paladin/gladiator which get gear that are incompatible with the job you really wanna use just for the sake of your group being able to complete the dungeon. So effectively everyone but you has a chance to get the gear they want since everyone else went on the job they wanna go but you got stuck as tank. A selfless act to be sure but lets be real the vast majority of the gaming community is nowhere near this selfless. I can appreciate what they were trying to do with the system, just think it may end up backfiring in the form of severe shortages in jobs vital to event completions. Its already manifested itself in the lack of healers/tanks atm.
 Odin.Hirokei
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-09-02 18:04:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
Oh? so theres a chance Sim could of dropped something for everyone? What does he drop? I didn't get anything >:
I don't think he drops anything. Only ones I know to drop items are Gorgimera(imp minion), Behemoth(behemoth horn), and Odin(odin's mantle). There may be more, but I haven't seen or heard yet.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-09-02 23:26:32
Link | Citer | R

that is a massive amount of stuff from the UI on the screen...
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXIV
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-09 10:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Odin can spawn in any of the Shroud zones. Once he does, the entire zone goes dark, alerting you to his presence.

As for item drops from FATEs, to get most you have to get at least a Gold or Silver rank medal from it. AKA do really well compared to everyone else in the FATE. For Behemoth and Odin you have to get Gold to get the Horn/Mantle.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-09 10:45:29
Link | Citer | R

I want that Barding... I'm a MNK so no goodies from the elder primal for me... Atleast my Choco gets something cool.
Serveur: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-09 10:48:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hirokei said: »
I don't think he drops anything. Only ones I know to drop items are Gorgimera(imp minion), Behemoth(behemoth horn), and Odin(odin's mantle). There may be more, but I haven't seen or heard yet.

Cancer drops a crab minion too.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-09 12:38:18
Link | Citer | R

Ravant Lehnsherr said: »
Odin.Hirokei said: »

Cancer drops a crab minion too.
There's one in East Shroud drops Baby Bun minion, and I think the cyclops FATE in Coerthas drops Pudgy Puk. Not 100% on that second one.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2013-09-09 20:37:17
Link | Citer | R

http://fr.xivdb.com/?search/odin
By mikuu 2013-09-10 03:33:31
Link | Citer | R

I got this picture of him like 3-4 days ago. It was majestic. He magically conjured his helmet before the battle.
[+]