Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22
By Quiznor 2013-09-07 13:30:49
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
pretty sure pc does not need a code, but i ps3/ps4 version requires a code to be tied to your PSN account.

so if you buy it on ps3 you can just DL a pc copy via torrent and play on both.

but you cannot just borrow someones ps3 disc and play the game on yours. I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

so when the ps4 version comes out, in order to play it you will have to purchase it. (i can see that thing selling like hotcakes already, first ps4 game to be priced at 39.99$ >.>;)

no,when you register a pc copy it says "windows access" and when you register a ps3 copy it says "playstation access"

Odin.Jassik said: »
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
pretty sure pc does not need a code, but i ps3/ps4 version requires a code to be tied to your PSN account.

so if you buy it on ps3 you can just DL a pc copy via torrent and play on both.

but you cannot just borrow someones ps3 disc and play the game on yours. I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

so when the ps4 version comes out, in order to play it you will have to purchase it. (i can see that thing selling like hotcakes already, first ps4 game to be priced at 39.99$ >.>;)

I have it active on PS3, I just downloaded the client for PC but even after logging in with my SE account, it asks for a registration code, so I went to mog station to see if I needed to enable something. It shows that I can add PC access to my account, but also asks for a registration code. Still waiting on a response via email.

Edit: account system is down for maintenance, but there is an actual line that says to purchase the PC version... Seriously...

That's because you need to buy and add/enable pc access using a pc registration code
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-07 14:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it appears so, but I was told before I bought it for PS3 that I would be able to play on PC/PS4 as well without purchasing the game for them. So, we'll see what SE says when they get back to me.
By Quiznor 2013-09-07 14:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Yeah, it appears so, but I was told before I bought it for PS3 that I would be able to play on PC/PS4 as well without purchasing the game for them. So, we'll see what SE says when they get back to me.

/sigh

They've already said it multiple times that you need to buy seperate ones for each platform. It's in the official notes >_>

Everyone just jumped on the assumption train that it was like XI instead of reading the actual XIV notes >_>

Well,post back when you officially hear back what I just posted anyways~

Edit: Direct from SE XIV site for you.

Quote:
Play Cross-Platform with Windows PC & PlayStation 3 Users
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is available on both Windows PC and PlayStation 3, and players from both versions will be able to play together regardless of the version they purchase!
Logging into the Same Account on both Windows and PlayStation 3
It is possible to play with the same account on both Windows and PlayStation 3 platforms. Customers who own a copy of FFXIV for Windows and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. Similarly, customers who own a copy of FFXIV for PlayStation 3 and wish to use their account on the Windows version will need to purchase a copy of the Windows version. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

Now while it doesnt mention PS4,it's pretty safe to say it'll 99.9% work the same way. Add a new platform with a new code.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-07 15:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know what Garuda's Feather is used for?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-07 15:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Does anyone know what Garuda's Feather is used for?
Furnishings that have yet to be implemented for FC Housing.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-07 16:02:16
Link | Citer | R

are the vortex head dresses and inferno tapers useless now? i have alot stocked from 1.0 :(
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-07 16:04:06
Link | Citer | R

Yep. That's all Duty Finder. Can turn in your totems for tomes, now.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-07 16:14:56
Link | Citer | R

sadly i dont have any lol i just have the entry items XD I cant seem to beat titan Hard so it will be a while before i can confirm what you need to +1 relic weapons. Im just gonna farm some relic armor for a while i suppose
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-09-07 16:16:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jiluun said: »
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
Does anyone understand how the Lotting system works. Trying to understand how it decides if you Need it or not. Also wondering if what I am hearing is true about Need always overlots Greed.
Need always wins vs greed and you can only need if your current job can equip it. Sucks for those with multi 50s :(

Ok Exactly what i thought til we had a run that an All Class Ring was Greed for me that I could use for my DPS Lancer but the TANK WAR had it as need for him. Made us think theres more to this Need/Greed than just the fact you can wear it.
I've run across this same issue. There was an All Class ring that would not let me roll 'need'. It would've been very useful to have.

On another note, what should I name my chocobo?
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-07 16:48:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Does anyone understand how the Lotting system works. Trying to understand how it decides if you Need it or not. Also wondering if what I am hearing is true about Need always overlots Greed.
Need always wins vs greed and you can only need if your current job can equip it. Sucks for those with multi 50s :(

Ok Exactly what i thought til we had a run that an All Class Ring was Greed for me that I could use for my DPS Lancer but the TANK WAR had it as need for him. Made us think theres more to this Need/Greed than just the fact you can wear it.
I've run across this same issue. There was an All Class ring that would not let me roll 'need'. It would've been very useful to have.

Chocobro or Krizzhawk.
[+]
By Awsome 2013-09-07 17:09:59
Link | Citer | R

ffxivah pro doesn't work for ARR yet... it's for the old one that's not what i was talking about. I meant as in any plans to fix it?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-07 17:22:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »

The stats on the accessories are optimized for certain roles (tank, melee DD, mage). So even though they're equipable by all classes, the need/greed system will only let you need if it's meant for the particular role you're playing.
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2013-09-07 18:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Anyone having a problem applying for a promotion after completing darkhold duty? My GC hunting log is completed up to rank two and ive finished darkhold twice now.

Edit: Solved, incase anyone cares you need to be level 50 to finish that quest and unlock rank three hunting log and all that jazz.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dmaul
user: Dmaul
By Bismarck.Dmaul 2013-09-07 21:29:13
Link | Citer | R

Has SE said anything about server transfers once they iron out all the server issues?
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-07 22:20:45
Link | Citer | R

the issues are pretty much fixed some servers are just overfull which will be fixed when people can freely move
By Blkninja 2013-09-07 23:48:31
Link | Citer | R

What exactly does spiritbond do?
By Quiznor 2013-09-08 00:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Blkninja said: »
What exactly does spiritbond do?

Prevents you from selling/trading gear,and allows you to turn it into materia
 Asura.Arkanethered
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2013-09-08 01:37:30
Link | Citer | R

Having more log in issues the past two days than all of the first week... Gungnir is either stupid full or I'm just having horrible luck.

First 31xx error ever, lulz.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-09-08 02:08:06
Link | Citer | R

As a WAR, what gear should I be looking into getting? I'm currently in AF. Where should I be concentrating my efforts to improve?
 Asura.Teleniel
Serveur: Asura
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2013-09-08 04:38:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
As a WAR, what gear should I be looking into getting? I'm currently in AF. Where should I be concentrating my efforts to improve?

As I understand it you should be working on things from top to bottom in the list here.

Ifrit's Axe (Ifrit Hard Mode)
Darklight Accessories (purchased with philosophy)
Dungeon Armor (Amdapor Keep)
Titan's Axe (Titan Hard Mode)
Relic Armor (purchased with mythology)
Garuda's Axe (Garuda Hard Mode)
Relic Weapon (long/expensive? Quest in North Shroud)
Coil of Bahamut Armor
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-08 05:28:46
Link | Citer | R

How do you request Materia to be melded now..?

Do you just have to trade it to someone and they do it?
By Quiznor 2013-09-08 07:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

Right click the person and hit request meld

I think someone also mentioned a command like /meldrequest too?
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
user: Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2013-09-08 07:32:06
Link | Citer | R

hello everyone
is there limit how many time i can do Tradecraft leves in a day ?
By Afania 2013-09-08 07:52:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arkanethered said: »
Having more log in issues the past two days than all of the first week... Gungnir is either stupid full or I'm just having horrible luck.

First 31xx error ever, lulz.

More like ppl just won't log out due to being afraid of not be able to log back in, which made more ppl panic and won't log out if they managed to get on.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-08 08:01:39
Link | Citer | R

Quiznor said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

Right click the person and hit request meld

I think someone also mentioned a command like /meldrequest too?

Ahh, I knew I'd seen it somewhere, couldn't for the life of me remember where. Much appreciated Quiz!
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-08 08:37:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Darkdevil said: »
hello everyone
You can have up to 16 allowances. Once they are used up, you get them back at a rate of 3 allowances every 12 hours. As for the limit, you can do all 16 in one day.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
user: Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2013-09-08 08:43:19
Link | Citer | R

i appreciate your answer Anna , Was toooo scared that maybe there a glitch and SE if i keep doing it will banned like what happen to some player in ffxi ^^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-08 08:59:12
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Kalila said: »
It's incredibly useful required as far as I can tell.
Beautiful! Thanks for the prompt response. The game has been amazing so far, and wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time haha.

From what I've seen, most of the classes are balanced pretty well(at least better than XI), without making every class/job clone of each other, they all have their own strength and weakness. There are some bitching about MNK only has top DPS under perfect condition on a dummy and WAR tank die too fast at higher lv/endgame and that's it.

At lower lv GLA may not stand out due to slightly more healer attention required compare with easy mode Pikachu(golden carby) and OP MRD. But nobody can stop you from going to dungeons on GLA if you queue as tank. At higher lv PLD take less dmg with more dmg mitigation skill and start to shine. As long as you play the job properly and stick with it until higher lv you should be fine.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-08 12:59:02
Link | Citer | R

If someone raises you, how long do you have to get up?

I had someone raise me, and I didn't immediately hit accept and then the raise notice went away... The only thing I can think of is that when the raiser moves away, you can't anymore due to the tractor effect?
 Garuda.Cloull
Serveur: Garuda
user: Cloull
By Garuda.Cloull 2013-09-08 13:35:09
Link | Citer | R

AnnaMolly said: »
Ragnarok.Darkdevil said: »
hello everyone
You can have up to 16 allowances. Once they are used up, you get them back at a rate of 3 allowances every 12 hours. As for the limit, you can do all 16 in one day.

You can actually have more than 16, but it's 3 every 12 hours like you said. I've got over 60 saved up atm.

Cap is 100 I believe.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22