Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 20 21 22
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-09-15 01:29:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
How exactly does the /sea command work? It seems different than FFXI. when I type /sea <player name> it just gives me a list of every single player. /sea <job> seems to work though.

It's not like ffxi at all. If you /sea all, you can then go to refine search results. Type in first or last name then execute. That will get you the person you look for.

Good to know about that /sea job works.
Really annoying if that's the case. I've looked up the command in several places and it lists types of arguments that you can pass to it. They just don't seem to actually work.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-15 01:35:36
Link | Citer | R

Even adding all of your stats into MND as ACN, you're not getting close to the healing capabilities of a CNJ.

Also, at 18 (also the highest level possible for the first dungeon), CNJ gets Esuna. While it's not essential in Tam-Tara, I forget if it's useful in Sastasha (#1) or Copperbell (#3).

Then, when you get to Toto-Rak (Lv24), you also get access to Repose(Lv26).

After checking my attributes, I've not used any of my bonus points, so I was gaining 0 benefit from them. ACN is a great "desperately need a cure", but it isn't suited to ever being a healer.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-15 01:37:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
How exactly does the /sea command work? It seems different than FFXI. when I type /sea <player name> it just gives me a list of every single player. /sea <job> seems to work though.

It's not like ffxi at all. If you /sea all, you can then go to refine search results. Type in first or last name then execute. That will get you the person you look for.

Good to know about that /sea job works.
Really annoying if that's the case. I've looked up the command in several places and it lists types of arguments that you can pass to it. They just don't seem to actually work.

/? sea

EDIT: After reading through the help for search, apparently you don't need "all" in there.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-09-15 06:05:15
Link | Citer | R

Acn can cure rather well in the 3 starters dungeons anything after those take a proper healer and the first dungeon to need status removal is brayflox.

Now my question: im almost done with Veil of Wiyu, just 600 more tomestones, and im getting ready to +1 it but does anyone know which NPC it is that +1s the relics?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-15 07:41:05
Link | Citer | R

It really doesn't cure that well. It can cure those 3 dungeons, but it should never be classified as a Healer (my original point) and should never be expected to. It's basically like asking a 75BLM/RDM to main heal in FFXI - it can work, but it won't be super effective.

I healed 2/3 of those on ACN, I was the only person to die aside from 1 death on a tank after I'd died. As I've said before, it can spot heal great - a 200HP Physik can be the difference between being faceplanted and not, but it's inefficient and unreliable when you're on the Dungeon bosses.

A lot of it depends completely on your parties though. I healed a Tam-Tara for LS-mate a couple days ago, ended up with a glass cannon GLD. He wouldn't Flash, used that Shield Lob skill only, didn't WS and took an unusually high amount of damage - he was basically useless. We had 2 LNC and me on CNJ, if it wasn't for Medica then we wouldn't have been doing that run. I couldn't keep up with the 4-5 mobs at a time, beating on me and both the LNC's with just a single cure. I dunno what the GLD was doing on the boss, but it seemed to stick with him most of the fight, so our LNC's could kill off the adds that popped.
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2013-09-15 08:34:33
Link | Citer | R

hello again :
I have 2 questions

if i went to dungeon LV 25 and my equipment is 30 will the stats turn to be like FF 11 ?

2-what i need to make Chocobo fight with me ?

Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-15 09:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Your equipment will scale down, but apparently it's actually fairly effective, making it slightly better than the gear you'd get at that level.

To get your chocobo to fight with you, you need to complete a quest that starts with Doccett in Camp Tranquil.
[+]
 Valefor.Ivaan
Serveur: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-09-15 10:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Your equipment will scale down, but apparently it's actually fairly effective, making it slightly better than the gear you'd get at that level.

To get your chocobo to fight with you, you need to complete a quest that starts with Doccett in Camp Tranquil.

ya its really fair.

Level synced gear is noticably better than that of the synced level, benefiting the pt much more.
I know as a tank ive done some synced dungeons with my lower level fc mates and ppl says they can notice a difference.
 Ragnarok.Darkdevil
user: Darkdevil
By Ragnarok.Darkdevil 2013-09-15 14:13:39
Link | Citer | R

any one know when they will tell us when we can change server ><
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2013-09-15 14:15:36
Link | Citer | R

I was wondering would it be a hassle to start playing this game. Also, I from the east coast (Brooklyn, NY) so, I was wondering which server has a decent amount of east coast players. I would have started early, but due to work and college there wasn't anytime to invest on the game. In other words, can I do things on my own for a while until I get a flow of things or do I need to join a LS right away?

Thank you.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-15 14:32:47
Link | Citer | R

From what I've seen up until 36 (though I do have 2 50's already, so it makes things slightly easier), you don't need anyone but you to work through story missions. There's some dungeon/NM fights that require you to use a "Duty Finder", which will basically group you with 3 other people looking for the same fight as you. Otherwise Class/Job fights have to be done solo and Story fights can be done solo with ease.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-09-15 19:23:06
Link | Citer | R

can you use a PS3 copy to play on the PC or no? someone said you could, and my friend couldn't find a PC copy anywhere for a code. He bought the ps3 one, and it's not letting him register it, so i looked it up, and people are saying you need both versions, to play on both systems. Is this true? FFXI didn't work like this, and i hope i didn't make my friend waste money on something he can't use
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-15 20:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
can you use a PS3 copy to play on the PC or no? someone said you could, and my friend couldn't find a PC copy anywhere for a code. He bought the ps3 one, and it's not letting him register it, so i looked it up, and people are saying you need both versions, to play on both systems. Is this true? FFXI didn't work like this, and i hope i didn't make my friend waste money on something he can't use
No you can't cross console like you could with FFXI. You'd have to buy a pc copy in order to play on the pc. And pc users would have to buy a ps3 copy to play on the ps3. Though I should note that you can go back and forth, just have to have purchased the console you want to play on.

It's horridly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I'd complain.
 Siren.Blackroses
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2013-09-15 20:28:34
Link | Citer | R

I just learned recently that you can remove materia from gear, but is there any way to remove spiritbond?
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-09-16 02:23:06
Link | Citer | R

Feeeck, well im going to auction off his PS3 copy, to someone who watched my youtube channel or something
Serveur: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-16 06:52:21
Link | Citer | R

So for anyone who's done a few AK runs, how geared does a DPS (DRG) need to be to hold his own? I attempted a run as a fresh (AF) 50 and it was terrible... FYI I'm just trying to complete this once to get my lvl 50 GC weapon. Myth farming etc I can wait until I have the full Darklight set.

I spent all day yesterday farming CM non stop to grab Darklight before trying again but i'm just curious weather I can try before getting full Darklight.

I should have all DL jewelry today. (Waist, neck, wrist, earring, x2 ring.) I will then start working on the remaining 5 slots. Is it worth going full DL seeing as my weapon isn't all that great? I wasn't really planning on farming Ifrit until I get my GC lvl 50 weapon and there isn't anything to upgrade on market.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-16 07:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Ravant Lehnsherr said: »
So for anyone who's done a few AK runs, how geared does a DPS (DRG) need to be to hold his own? I attempted a run as a fresh (AF) 50 and it was terrible... FYI I'm just trying to complete this once to get my lvl 50 GC weapon. Myth farming etc I can wait until I have the full Darklight set.

I spent all day yesterday farming CM non stop to grab Darklight before trying again but i'm just curious weather I can try before getting full Darklight.

I should have all DL jewelry today. (Waist, neck, wrist, earring, x2 ring.) I will then start working on the remaining 5 slots. Is it worth going full DL seeing as my weapon isn't all that great? I wasn't really planning on farming Ifrit until I get my GC lvl 50 weapon and there isn't anything to upgrade on market.
You can do it before full DL, I cleared it the other day with 2 bards (and me on pld so no war damage to help out), 1 bard wearing a lv48 bow and the other a lv43, both full af and idk what for accessories but not DL. I don't know what held you up before but you shouldn't have any issues with it despite what people might try to tell you. I really don't know how people manage to spread the idea that you need darklight for this dungeon >.>

The bigger issues with regards to damage output are not getting hit by the sludge during demon wall since that kills your output pretty bad and if the dragon is proving difficult get your tank to position so you can keep attacking while hiding from the explosion.
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-16 07:38:11
Link | Citer | R

Actually (an this sounds bad >.>) we couldn't even get past the very first boss... The WAR made it very known he was ONLY tanking the "Squid" and it was up to me and the BLM to kill the Golems. Killing them wasn't that big of an issue, it was them wrecking me that was. Every add took me waaay into critical HP (like 200-300 with healing CD's and stuns burned).

Edit: Also worth noting no AoEs from WAR to help DPS the Golems. I literally just tanked the boss. Not sure if this is typically how it's done but that's how it went.

Edit2: And ya everywhere I see people are saying Demon Wall is a DPS race etc and I really dont want to be "that guy" wiping the group every time because of bad DPS output.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-16 07:56:57
Link | Citer | R

The WAR made it very known he was ONLY tanking the "Squid"
Yeah I tried it this way once, immediately went back to pulling hate on and helping kill the golems. Tank can set the flayer as a focus target if they are worried about stunning thunder 3/mind blast. I don't doubt it works well if your DDs have high end gear but next time just tell your tank not to be a princess if it isn't working.

Edit2: And ya everywhere I see people are saying Demon Wall is a DPS race etc and I really dont want to be "that guy" wiping the group every time because of bad DPS output.
As I mentioned it's by no means a difficult check to make as long as people aren't getting hit by the sludge. The wall it self practically tickles you so your pld/war can swap to sword stance/drop defiance until the gnats are going to pop since once you have positioning down they are really the only remotely dangerous part.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-16 08:32:17
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the input Ina. I'll give it a shot again soon.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-09-16 12:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know hot to level a free company past R 5?
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-16 12:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Mine is Rank 5, and looks capped at that. I wasn't aware there were ranks past 5.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-09-16 12:37:40
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Mine is Rank 5, and looks capped at that. I wasn't aware there were ranks past 5.

There may be, there may not. I don't know. Neither do the wikis I frequent.

I might try allying with a different grand company after ours is capped with our current one. General thought being perhaps higher ranks are unlocked after max standing with all three GCs is achieved.
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Akita Alexandros 2013-09-16 13:10:17
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to lower the lag on ps3 for fates? I bearly get to see half the mobs before I can aggro anything.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-16 13:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Akita Alexandros said: »
Is there a way to lower the lag on ps3 for fates? I bearly get to see half the mobs before I can aggro anything.
I wish, best thing to do is filter other people's battle effects and hope no ACN/SCH/SMNs are using Shadow Flare, as it bypasses the filter. I'd also suggest a wired connection to your router if possible. I really need to run a Cat5 to mine. =/
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2013-09-16 19:38:36
Link | Citer | R

I've seen some user HUDs which use micons for classes, I assume this is a gear swap / class change macro how do you have those setup?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-09-16 19:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Once you earn gear sets, they're in your Character page, just below the mount button. You equip a job and set of gear and hit New Gear Set in the new page that pops up, and save it. It can then be dragged and dropped like an ability. It lets you change Job/Gear at a whim, but it does reset all your cooldowns, including globals, and it's a significant cooldown.

On the base character page, hit the refresh icon to update the current gear set you have equipped. For instance, if you get new rings, or new pieces of gear.
By Blkninja 2013-09-17 05:21:10
Link | Citer | R

How long does it take for you to receive your crysta?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-09-17 11:26:48
Link | Citer | R

I use UltimatePay. A few minuets at worst.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 20 21 22