Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22
 Cerberus.Faiyte
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Fathe
By Cerberus.Faiyte 2013-09-13 04:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else having trouble with constant 0 sending/receiving and error 90000?
I reset my modem, router, computer, even had Time Warner reset it from their end and still constant 0 send/receive to the point where its nearly unplayable for more then 5 minutes at a time.
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-13 05:48:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Faiyte said: »
Anyone else having trouble with constant 0 sending/receiving and error 90000?
I reset my modem, router, computer, even had Time Warner reset it from their end and still constant 0 send/receive to the point where its nearly unplayable for more then 5 minutes at a time.
I have had no problems and I've been on for several hours. Maybe someone in your region is having the same issues?
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-09-13 10:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Is there any information on how gear scales under level cap?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-13 11:35:03
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Is there any information on how gear scales under level cap?

Idk but from what ppl tell me its scales well. though should be easy to test. since fates are everywhere. I just havent tested. Also would like to know how materia scales when synced. does it just get ignored? does it get added into the base stats and scaled the same? thats something id like to know.

And last night i went afk for a little over an hour and came back in the main menu. logged back in (no prob) had my character run into a tree and keep running. Afk for 45 mins and come back to the beginning cs again. Logged in a played 2 hours no prob. Did they implement the idle kicking feature? if so why would it kick me if i was running in place... i guess just because you are running into a wall your still not moving so it counts you as idle?
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-13 11:55:49
Link | Citer | R

Not a question, but advice for Arcanists. I've ran Sastasha many, many times as PGL and never had an issue. First time I ran as ACN, I caused the first wipe I've ever had. Here's where I messed up; firstly I didn't have "Heel" hotbar'd or easily accessible, on two fights in Sastasha, the miniboss will run away through the dungeon, being a still live mob, Carbuncle will follow so far and aggro, then being too far away, despawn. This sends mobs running at your party. Thus... I caused a wipe. Good luck and happy summoning!
[+]
 Leviathan.Allyha
user: Allyha
By Leviathan.Allyha 2013-09-13 11:57:04
Link | Citer | R

Were you running into a wall with autowalk? Maybe the game requires input to not kick? Anyone tried simply rubber banding their controller yet? lol
VIP
user: Kalila
By Kalila Violette 2013-09-13 15:51:08
Link | Citer | R

Why do people want to stay logged in? What is the point of it really?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-13 15:59:15
Link | Citer | R

Kalila Violette said: »
Because if they log off, they aren't hardcore, gurl. U dun evn no!

#133t4lyfe
By Quiznor 2013-09-13 16:05:38
Link | Citer | R

Because I might lose my server place and my life will be over omg ;-;
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-13 16:18:17
Link | Citer | R

I have never stayed logged in and every time i go to log in there is like a handful of ppl in queue and takes like 30 seconds to log on.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-13 16:20:20
Link | Citer | R

I did it partially to glance over LS chat while I was doing stuff around the house, occasionally pop on for a chat :P and partially because I was too lazy to log out/log in again :D

Since they upped the cap on server limits though, I'm pretty "meh" on the issue - I really don't care now that I'm not fighting for 1hr+ to get on :P
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-13 16:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Quiznor said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Yeah, it appears so, but I was told before I bought it for PS3 that I would be able to play on PC/PS4 as well without purchasing the game for them. So, we'll see what SE says when they get back to me.

/sigh

They've already said it multiple times that you need to buy seperate ones for each platform. It's in the official notes >_>

Everyone just jumped on the assumption train that it was like XI instead of reading the actual XIV notes >_>

Well,post back when you officially hear back what I just posted anyways~

Edit: Direct from SE XIV site for you.

Quote:
Play Cross-Platform with Windows PC & PlayStation 3 Users
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is available on both Windows PC and PlayStation 3, and players from both versions will be able to play together regardless of the version they purchase!
Logging into the Same Account on both Windows and PlayStation 3
It is possible to play with the same account on both Windows and PlayStation 3 platforms. Customers who own a copy of FFXIV for Windows and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. Similarly, customers who own a copy of FFXIV for PlayStation 3 and wish to use their account on the Windows version will need to purchase a copy of the Windows version. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

Now while it doesnt mention PS4,it's pretty safe to say it'll 99.9% work the same way. Add a new platform with a new code.

So just a little update to this...

I filed an email based support ticket last Saturday, Monday I received a verification that they got the ticket and would respond within 2 business days. Thursday I still had no reply so I called and they said that someone would respond to my ticket that day, which they didn't. Today I finally got a definitive answer: You must purchase the game for each platform you want to play it on. They also acknowledged that some people were misinformed by their own support people about it being cross platform and said that not only would they not give me a code (even though I was lied to) but that it was also not a possibility to simply transfer my PS3 purchase to a PC one even though I have been basically unable to play the version I purchased since I purchased it.

Granted, I'm not all that surprised by SE's incompetence and poor service, I'm still pretty raw about this. I think I'm done with SE in general. When you consider that I've purchased virtually every Final Fantasy title since 5 and several other SE franchises, it's pretty apparent that SE is out of touch on many levels.

Anyway, hope that clarifies the logistics of cross platform play for anyone who wanted to know.
By Quiznor 2013-09-13 16:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Btw jassik you musta missed it,SE announced a few days ago if you buy the ps3 copy you get a free ps4 copy. Check a page or two back for the link. Still need to add pc access seperately though.

Extremely tired atm,didnt you ask that to some effect a while back? Or else im sleep deprived. Anyways im out,sucks you got lied to though :(
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-09-13 17:29:58
Link | Citer | R

What sites are there for information on this game?

By that I mean sites like BGwiki for FFXI.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-13 17:30:12
Link | Citer | R

Quiznor said: »
Btw jassik you musta missed it,SE announced a few days ago if you buy the ps3 copy you get a free ps4 copy. Check a page or two back for the link. Still need to add pc access seperately though.

Extremely tired atm,didnt you ask that to some effect a while back? Or else im sleep deprived. Anyways im out,sucks you got lied to though :(

No, I had bought the PS3 version because I didn't have a PC capable of running FFXIV well after consulting SE on whether I would be able to transfer to PC like I did in FFXI. They said that it was a one time purchase and I would be able to transfer to both PS4 and PC without buying another copy. Obviously I didn't know that there would be the server issues there were, but I also would not have pre-ordered the PS3 version if I knew I would have to buy the PC version as well.
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2013-09-13 21:00:12
Link | Citer | R

so i have seen some moth-eaten pieces of armor drop in dungeons, what are these for ?
By Caivian 2013-09-14 02:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
so i have seen some moth-eaten pieces of armor drop in dungeons, what are these for ?

The white drops like that in the later dungeons are basically crafting mats for things like vintage stuff that you can buy off market board. Moldering Jester's Hat turns into Vintage Jester's Hat as an example.
 Asura.Ryndo
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-09-14 02:16:24
Link | Citer | R

As a Dragoon trying to optimise dps, how should I be setting my ps3 cross hotbar? Id give info of current status but im not at ps3.

Should I also have 2 macro sets for aoe attacks?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-14 10:17:26
Link | Citer | R

In general, EXP from regular mobs is sad at best. How plausible is it to actually EXP in a PT though? Given chain bonuses and not having to take time out to Heal or making sure you have enough damage to down a mob - is it a reasonable possibility?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-14 13:49:24
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
In general, EXP from regular mobs is sad at best. How plausible is it to actually EXP in a PT though? Given chain bonuses and not having to take time out to Heal or making sure you have enough damage to down a mob - is it a reasonable possibility?
You seem to get more XP solo. Even a Chocobo pulls a bit of XP from you.

But to answer your question, it's plausible, but the lowered XP would make it redundant. You'd also have people soloing your mobs.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-14 14:04:35
Link | Citer | R

My husband and I can duo (depending on job) to chain 6-7 and it's 200+ xp a mob. If you could pull fast enough you could make pretty good chains...if you could find people who want to do that.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-14 14:06:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »

My husband and I can duo (depending on job) to chain 6-7 and it's 200+ xp a mob. If you could pull fast enough you could make pretty good chains...if you could find people who want to do that.
I forgot chaining.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-09-14 20:18:13
Link | Citer | R

There are certain fates where instead of completing the objective people just cleave though the endlessly popping mobs I think.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-09-14 23:45:54
Link | Citer | R

How exactly does the /sea command work? It seems different than FFXI. when I type /sea <player name> it just gives me a list of every single player. /sea <job> seems to work though.
 Bismarck.Desudro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Desudro
By Bismarck.Desudro 2013-09-15 00:02:52
Link | Citer | R

What would be the best job to have to duo with an Archer (who's later probably going to be doing Bard)?
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-15 00:44:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
How exactly does the /sea command work? It seems different than FFXI. when I type /sea <player name> it just gives me a list of every single player. /sea <job> seems to work though.

It's not like ffxi at all. If you /sea all, you can then go to refine search results. Type in first or last name then execute. That will get you the person you look for.

Good to know about that /sea job works.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-15 00:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Desudro said: »
What would be the best job to have to duo with an Archer (who's later probably going to be doing Bard)?

Honestly whichever job/class the person wants to play. My husband and I duo'd every class to 15 with that same class (pub & pug, etc). All of the classes have damage capability (some better than others in my opinion).

If you want to use duty finder to level together at all just remember that the party set-up is 1 healer (arcanist or conjurer), 1 tank (mrd or gld), and 2 DD's (arc, acn, thm, pug, lnc). You can make parties yourself and it doesn't have to be this set-up.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-09-15 01:00:31
Link | Citer | R

1 healer (arcanist or conjurer)

Arcanist really isn't an effective healer, especially not after the first dungeon. By the Duty Finder's reckoning, ACN is a DPS job - which it does well. Lack of Medica will really set ACN back when you need more than 1 cure. Also, it could just be in my head, but I swear my CNJ was curing for way more than ACN (50+ hp) when I ran Tam-Tara for a friend yesterday.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-15 01:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Desudro said: »

Honestly whichever job/class the person wants to play. My husband and I duo'd every class to 15 with that same class (pub & pug, etc). All of the classes have damage capability (some better than others in my opinion).

If you want to use duty finder to level together at all just remember that the party set-up is 1 healer (arcanist or conjurer), 1 tank (mrd or gld), and 2 DD's (arc, acn, thm, pug, lnc). You can make parties yourself and it doesn't have to be this set-up.
To add onto this, having your duo partner enroll as a tank or healer class will likely reduce your duty finder queue times quite a bit.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22