Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-09-11 21:24:50
Link | Citer | R

I noticed after completing most of the main story quests that my income is virtually non-existent. Repairing armor is costly at lvl 50 and my gil is sinking and I have no idea how to at least halt the decrease.

I'm not asking for your get rich quick plan, but something that would at least generate enough income to keep my armor repaired would be nice.

How are you keeping your gil moving in a positive direction?

-I've started to weave and botany in hopes that will be a cost-effective way to repair.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-11 21:32:57
Link | Citer | R

For most quests, I've been picking the Allagan pieces for the prize. Otherwise, I'm selling the materia I get from spiritbonding during raids.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Serveur: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-09-11 21:43:14
Link | Citer | R

best way ive found as i level is i have also leveld a craft and a gathering skill. So basically I did mining and armorer and it paid for itself.

Make a couple pieces of armor a night at least pays for everything from repairs to teleports. I am only level 32 armorer and i dont worry much about gil income.

Ive found (at least on hyperion) that almost all crafts make a viable income at any level.

On a side note, Anyone know the status of character creation on servers?

I saw that there is a list saying what worlds are currently accepting new peeps, but is that list finalized as of right now, or does it fluctuate?

Some friends still waiting to get onto hyperion with me XD
Game: FFXIV
user: Raef
By Arminius Cherusci 2013-09-11 21:47:01
Link | Citer | R

I started fishing as soon as I could, and have leveled it up as I level my first job. You can scratch out money selling fish on the Market Board, and fishing skills up very quickly.

If you decide to fish, do not over buy bait. Early on I bought a couple of stacks of each new bait that became available, thinking I would need them. However, I quickly skilled past the bait, so now I have an inventory full of low level bait. I will dump them to a NPC soon, but at a loss.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-09-11 21:48:09
Link | Citer | R

same Ivaan, got 4 buds trying to get over here..bleeh, 2 are waiting for server tranfers, an fdthe other 2 are just waiting to be able to make guys
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2013-09-11 21:51:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paulu said: »
I noticed after completing most of the main story quests that my income is virtually non-existent. Repairing armor is costly at lvl 50 and my gil is sinking and I have no idea how to at least halt the decrease.

I'm not asking for your get rich quick plan, but something that would at least generate enough income to keep my armor repaired would be nice.

-I've started to weave and botany in hopes that will be a cost-effective way to repair.

The only large source of endgame income I've seen so far is crafting/ melding materia for relic weapon quests. Between 1 and 49 there doesn't seem to be a lot that you can make that players can't easily get from other sources (or isn't easily replaced by better dungeon drops). Saving on repairs might help, but I'm not sure if the time spent gathering and then repairing is worth the gil you save. I suppose it depends on what you want to do.

EDIT: well others are saying crafting is decent income. I haven't tried it yet myself and honestly haven't touched the market boards at all. All of my gear (at level 37) is from quests and dungeons and it stays pretty much up to date even with me occasionally picking gear for classes I expect to level in the future (and mostly picking allagan pieces).
Serveur: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-12 05:25:15
Link | Citer | R

When using the duty finders "Join a party in progress" button, does it ONLY allow you join a party that is in progress or will it queue you in if a new group is available too?
 Asura.Ryndo
Serveur: Asura
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-09-12 06:32:20
Link | Citer | R

When does emergency maint start n end?
 Bismarck.Tsuchinoko
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tsuchinoko 2013-09-12 06:35:59
Link | Citer | R

popped in the middle of a dungeon, hopefully not long.
By Quiznor 2013-09-12 06:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Shoulda started 20 mins ago by the notice in game. Didnt see when it should end
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-12 07:41:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paulu said: »

Weaving will be expensive, just fyi, after level 20-25. You need diremite webs and this is a mob only (or quest) drop.

My advice would be to find items that are monster only drops used in crafting (there are quite a few different items) and farm those.

I've been making money through crafting (I've been leveling most of them simultaneously) but it requires constant output and that doesn't seem to be what you are interested in doing right now.
By Twiglet 2013-09-12 07:52:41
Link | Citer | R

Ravant Lehnsherr said: »
When using the duty finders "Join a party in progress" button, does it ONLY allow you join a party that is in progress or will it queue you in if a new group is available too?

It'll queue you for a new group also.
Serveur: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-12 07:55:49
Link | Citer | R

Twiglet said: »
Ravant Lehnsherr said: »

It'll queue you for a new group also.

Thank you :)
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-09-12 12:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to unlock Levequests in any given area without using a DoW job? So far just through natural progression I've unlocked level 15/20/25/30 leves in different towns while playing Lancer. I made an alt character that I start mining on. Am I going to be able to unlock the Fieldcraft leves?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-12 14:53:58
Link | Citer | R

So After I completed my lvl 30 Arn quest I started my sch quest but the smn quest was locked. said something about having to beat ifrit. I've searched and have not found a site saying that I have to beat ifrit to unlock the quest... Is it ifrit normal (story) or hard? At work so I cant double check myself atm.

If its ifrit hard than is smn the only class that has a decent difficulty to unlock it? xD everything else is just have sub jobs lvld.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-09-12 15:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Storymode, then you fight the Egi version.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-12 15:25:36
Link | Citer | R

sweet. ill start it when i get home (arn only lvl 32 anyways) so then i can do the lvl 35 missions at the same time. just want to finish all of the job quests. also have a lot of story to finish. man how do people beat it so fast. there is like 100 missions. just now about to pic my grand company. xD going to takes weeks to finish.
By Quiznor 2013-09-12 15:42:20
Link | Citer | R

How many wins did it take people to get the ifrit/garuda weapon for their main job? =\
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2013-09-12 16:25:44
Link | Citer | R

Quiznor said: »
How many wins did it take people to get the ifrit/garuda weapon for their main job? =\

Depends took me 20+ but people get it on the first try.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Serveur: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2013-09-12 17:50:50
Link | Citer | R

not too excited to fight garuda, but i want my egi already D:
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-09-12 19:06:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Is it possible to unlock Levequests in any given area without using a DoW job? So far just through natural progression I've unlocked level 15/20/25/30 leves in different towns while playing Lancer. I made an alt character that I start mining on. Am I going to be able to unlock the Fieldcraft leves?

I can't confirm this for sure, but I think so: when you finish a DoH level 10 class quest, the guild person tells you to check with the Leve guy for work... on the other hand, I could see it giving you the red quest icon thing until you DoW it =\
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-12 19:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Anyone got a pic of the odin armor? cant find it anywhere and want to know if i should sink some time into it :)
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-09-12 19:57:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »

I can't confirm this for sure, but I think so: when you finish a DoH level 10 class quest, the guild person tells you to check with the Leve guy for work... on the other hand, I could see it giving you the red quest icon thing until you DoW it =\

Yea I was hoping going to one as Miner would give me the unlocking quest as well as one fieldcraft leve instead of a battlecraft one.
By Kimble2013 2013-09-12 21:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Does everyone turn into a total *** when they hit 50 and use duty finder or something?
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-12 22:37:41
Link | Citer | R

Attaining level 50 gives players the license to be *** to anyone.
By Quiznor 2013-09-12 23:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Aerison said: »
Quiznor said: »

Depends took me 20+ but people get it on the first try.

Im at 22 kills so far,seen sword once and i lost the lot. Havent seen it since
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-09-13 00:55:52
Link | Citer | R

Is marauder or war a viable tank at 50 content still? I wanna lvl them to open options later in game if needed, but I have ARC already for dps if they can't tank.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-13 01:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Warrior, yes. Haven't found much use for MRD since I unlocked WAR though.
By Kimble2013 2013-09-13 01:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Welp, I think ive learned duty finder is useless for end game stuff and will need to make a group if I want to try and get anything.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-09-13 01:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Warrior, yes. Haven't found much use for MRD since I unlocked WAR though.
Cool, Ty
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22