Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 18254 18255 18256 ... 18549 18550 18551
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 07:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vienner said: »
Sure sometimes there is a calm day, then I make some time for myself (aka household) but he just always works even on his day off, which makes me feel bad cause I'm not, very annoying ><)

Working even when you don't have to is by many considered to be a sign of studiousness and dedication to being the best you can be. Especially in America.

That said, it can also be a sign of serious depression issues.

If he's always been like that, then it may merely be his personality to constantly be doing something. If that's a deviation from the norm or prior behavior, I would say it could be a red flag.

Not a hard and fast rule, but still something to keep in mind.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-02-10 07:35:19
Link | Citer | R

To some of the people here, I assume the big crayons are like a king size candy bar.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 07:58:22
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
To some of the people here, I assume the big crayons are like a king size candy bar.

...they're dumb enough to eat them in one sitting?
 Asura.Lolserj
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-10 08:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

...they're dumb enough to eat them in one sitting?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-02-10 08:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lolserj said: »
Wait, so both of you work out of the house for the same company or something?
We're both selfemployed but our business is on his name, he gets credit for pretty much anything we do though. We work together everyday for long hours, in the end I think we're doing pretty good, We get along great...just not ...you know lol
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-10 08:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Wait, so both of you work out of the house for the same company or something?
We're both selfemployed but our business is on his name, he gets credit for pretty much anything we do though. We work together everyday for long hours, in the end I think we're doing pretty good, We get along great...just not ...you know lol

I mean you could always try to make the working from home together thing more "fun"

I don't know exactly what you guys do though, so I don't know if you need to be ready at any time for someone to barge through your front door

Is there any way you guys could trim the long hours back? :X I can be a bit of a lazy bum, so I don't know how people do the like 25 hour work days thing
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 08:33:49
Link | Citer | R

Is there any way you guys could trim the long hours back?

Given it appears to be an owner-operator situation, likely not. Owning your own business can be very rewarding, but also very demanding.

Truth be told, her situation isn't uncommon in these scenarios. When you own your own business, your work tends to be your life and it tends to control all other aspects of things.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-02-10 08:50:19
Link | Citer | R

Given it appears to be an owner-operator situation, likely not. Owning your own business can be very rewarding, but also very demanding.

Truth be told, her situation isn't uncommon in these scenarios. When you own your own business, your work tends to be your life and it tends to control all other aspects of things.
Euhm yeah...I dont have a life (hence I like my online time, thats my time) We never do anything, my phone rings constantly on my day off and I have two deadlines a day.
I love my job but......yes very demanding.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-02-10 09:12:00
Link | Citer | R

I don't know how people do the like 25 hour work days thing
This is usually where my extreme working times come from. Normally I'm rather lazy.

Edit: This also explains why it took me working 12+hr days and 60+ hour weeks before I finally broke down and went to a hospital.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-10 09:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I don't know how people do the like 25 hour work days thing
This is usually where my extreme working times come from. Normally I'm rather lazy.

I mean whenever I've had extreme working times it's been due to other unknown reasons, but when I'm depressed I usually just want to do nothing because nothing sounds like something I want to be doing

Whenever I end up working crazy hours (hasn't happened in a looooong time) it's usually due to some problem being difficult to solve, and I've sort of learned to curb that because I end up skipping meals and not knowing what time it is by the time I'm done

From what I've gathered from the above posts it seems like those long hours might be necessary and they sound pretty dedicated to be able to do it. Though I've never owned my own business, so I can't really talk from personal experience

I know a couple small business owners and have worked for a startup where I was the only employee besides the owner. Most small business owners I know are incredible dedicated to their business, and will sacrifice a lot to make sure things run smoothly.

Though the situations various small business owners/self employed people are in can vary wildly. My dad works for a small business and at any point the owner can probably just *** off to some South American country and retire, but he loves the business and loves making money so he probably wouldn't do that. I mean he does a lot of the work himself too, he's not just sitting behind a desk barking orders or something. The guy climbs ladders and grinds floors like any person that works for him

On the other hand the startup I worked for was in a situation where the owner had no salary, and they had like 1 client. He needs to make sure his product gets completed and his client gets what he wants or he is ***. I remember him working like 80 hours a week.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-10 09:30:02
Link | Citer | R

Euhm yeah...I dont have a life (hence I like my online time, thats my time) We never do anything, my phone rings constantly on my day off and I have two deadlines a day.
I love my job but......yes very demanding.

If you don't mind, what is it that you guys do?
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Presuming to answer for others: They have a restaurant, if I understand correctly.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:36:24
Link | Citer | R

I mean whenever I've had extreme working times it's been due to other unknown reasons, but when I'm depressed I usually just want to do nothing because nothing sounds like something I want to be doing

Depression as a chronic condition is a ***.

Some people don't feel like doing anything. Some people don't feel like doing anything but force themselves to do everything. Some people lose their appetite entirely. Some stuff their face will all kinds of unhealthy stuff because it supplies the brief serotonin hit that helps them along. Some people become super-apologetic for every action. Some people become violently upset with everyone else's every action.

It's *** and the human brain is a douchebag.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-02-10 09:37:29
Link | Citer | R

For me at least it, if I'm at work and doing something I'm not thinking about the depression, or I'm doing the only thing I believe I can possibly useful for. I basically will push myself to breaking point because I don't believe there's any point for me not to during that time, if I hurt myself or die or whatever I just prove I'm as useless as my depression is making me feel and if I do the job I guess I just assume I'm at least pretending I'm worth something.

Basically during depression I either throw myself completely and utterly at work as a numbing mechanism or I become a sack of potatoes.

My manic episodes can also lead to excessive working... but that's another story that's just as unhealthy.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-10 09:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Depression as a chronic condition is a ***.

Some people don't feel like doing anything. Some people don't feel like doing anything but force themselves to do everything. Some people lose their appetite entirely. Some stuff their face will all kinds of unhealthy stuff because it supplies the brief serotonin hit that helps them along. Some people become super-apologetic for every action. Some people become violently upset with everyone else's every action.

It's *** and the human brain is a douchebag.

Now you've gone and made me depressed :(
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:39:00
Link | Citer | R

My manic episodes can also lead to excessive working... but that's another story that's just as unhealthy

Oooh. Bipolar disorder is even more fun. Especially when you don't want to take meds because your manic phases are actually productive and you enjoy life during them.

Not a personal experience, but one of people I know well. It's really *** hard on some folks and can really take its toll.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-02-10 09:39:21
Link | Citer | R

Some people become violently upset with everyone else's every action.
This, as much as I hate to blame depression for it. Every time I get super depressed my temper comes out terribly. Which then compounds the depression because I know I'm being a *** and overreacting and I hate when I don't manage my frustration well.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Now you've gone and made me depressed :(

Or, inversely, it can be how that works sometimes!

LIFE SUCKS, CHOOSE GIANT METEOR.
Serveur: Brynhildr
user: misacat
By Misa Pres 2017-02-10 09:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-02-10 09:41:37
Link | Citer | R

My manic episodes can also lead to excessive working... but that's another story that's just as unhealthy

Oooh. Bipolar disorder is even more fun. Especially when you don't want to take meds because your manic phases are actually productive and you enjoy life during them.

Not a personal experience, but one of people I know well. It's really *** hard on some folks and can really take its toll.
Personal experience for me as well.

I tried medication. I've debated trying it again but as of right now the manic episodes are more worth their productive potential and I'm willing to ignore the negative side.

That Depressive side... I'd love for it to just go away.

But hey, I made it 23 years without medication or self-harming so I've got it a lot easier than others in my shoes.
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Some people become violently upset with everyone else's every action.
This, as much as I hate to blame depression for it. Every time I get super depressed my temper comes out terribly. Which then compounds the depression because I know I'm being a *** and overreacting and I hate when I don't manage my frustration well.

There's always the Ni solution to everything.

Take three scotches and don't call anyone in the morning, just go to work and harangue people on teh interwebz.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-10 09:42:23
Link | Citer | R

For me at least it, if I'm at work and doing something I'm not thinking about the depression, or I'm doing the only thing I believe I can possibly useful for. I basically will push myself to breaking point because I don't believe there's any point for me not to during that time, if I hurt myself or die or whatever I just prove I'm as useless as my depression is making me feel and if I do the job I guess I just assume I'm at least pretending I'm worth something.

Basically during depression I either throw myself completely and utterly at work as a numbing mechanism or I become a sack of potatoes.

My manic episodes can also lead to excessive working... but that's another story that's just as unhealthy.

I mean in the past I've had episodes where I just didn't want to get out of bed, and would call in sick as a result or skip classes when I was going to college

Usually now my depression will manifest itself by me endlessly browsing my Steam games or going through Netflix going, "Wow, there is nothing here I want to play or watch", which I suppose is healthier than calling in sick or skipping classes (if I had any)
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:43:03
Link | Citer | R

*waits for Nik to come in and administer his own brand of therapy*
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-02-10 09:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Presuming to answer for others: They have a restaurant, if I understand correctly.
yes a restaurant.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:44:37
Link | Citer | R

yes a restaurant.

*stomachrumbles*

Mmm. Food. Tasty Belgian food.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-02-10 09:45:21
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if it's just because my depression has never gotten bad enough or if it's my upbringing but I can't bring myself to ever EVER call into work. Like, even getting my to take my vacation days is like pulling teeth.

It does not matter how I feel or what I think, I will go unless someone/something physically holds me back. It goes back to that whole "It's the one thing I'm good for" mentality. If I'm not at work or school or whatever my obligation in life is, I feel like I have hit the lowest of lows and there's not even any point to me being here.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-10 09:45:29
Link | Citer | R

yes a restaurant.

Oh okay, now I understand
Serveur: Brynhildr
user: misacat
By Misa Pres 2017-02-10 09:47:02
Link | Citer | R

listen to happy music
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-02-10 09:48:11
Link | Citer | R

Things

Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-10 09:48:53
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if it's just because my depression has never gotten bad enough or if it's my upbringing but I can't bring myself to ever EVER call into work. Like, even getting my to take my vacation days is like pulling teeth.

It does not matter how I feel or what I think, I will go unless someone/something physically holds me back. It goes back to that whole "It's the one thing I'm good for" mentality. If I'm not at work or school or whatever my obligation in life is, I feel like I have hit the lowest of lows and there's not even any point to me being here.

Trust me, you'll know if your depression gets bad enough

But at that point it's just a battle between your want to be productive that day and your want to just lay in bed doing nothing

It's not like (well I don't think so) if you're vomiting or have explosive diarrhea, usually if you can power through your depression you can usually get up and at least do stuff while being depressed

but sometimes it can be tough to find the willpower to do things when you're really depressed
First Page 2 3 ... 18254 18255 18256 ... 18549 18550 18551