Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-20 11:56:05
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Savannah said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

For instance, every computer I've had since '01 is currently either in pieces, or fully built, in my closet.

i'd be all over that....

<~~Comp nerd O.O

!!!

Wanna help me make a newegg wishlist setup for a new PC I wanna build by August for roughly $400-500? <3

LoL newegg eh? man i havent been on that site in prolly a year and a half o.o what are you gonna use it for?
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-20 11:56:27
Link | Citer | R

Savannah said:
mebbe...idk i'm not even gonna bother w/ the augments...if i dont get something good its just a waste of money so yea...:/
I've spent like... 600k+ on gear to augment with this and most of that was before the price increases. >.> But... I only have a few things I need to buy atm anyway. So, it's not like it's a huge loss.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-20 11:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I really doubt it, unless you want a "Do it yourself" 2 GHz HP machine without the RAM, or a 4x DVD ROM, etc...

Or maybe you would? I mean, I always figured I'd be able to use that ***, so maybe someone out there actually could LOL

lol you'd be surprised ^_^
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 11:57:57
Link | Citer | R

Same thing I use my current one for: Music, games, docs, pics, internet, other random stuff.

Sadly the one I have now is 7+ years old and on its last leg. Believe me when I say almost anything you get will be like night and day in comparison to what I'm using, so even the cheapest of the cheap would be great, I just wanna make it fit within my budget as much as possible.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 11:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:
Savannah said:
mebbe...idk i'm not even gonna bother w/ the augments...if i dont get something good its just a waste of money so yea...:/
I've spent like... 600k+ on gear to augment with this and most of that was before the price increases. >.> But... I only have a few things I need to buy atm anyway. So, it's not like it's a huge loss.

Not yet... Not yet.

/waits for -accuracy -attack -str -dex -MP augments
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Serveur: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-20 11:59:10
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Just put it up on Craigslist for some cash. There's always people looking for your (not really meaning you) junk. Crap I get rid of a lot of stuff for some bills. Now to coax the wife to sell or donate my daughter's old toys.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-20 11:59:39
Link | Citer | R

Meh. Desktops fail. Go spend 800-1000 on a laptop instead.
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-20 12:00:04
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Same thing I use my current one for: Music, games, docs, pics, internet, other random stuff.

Sadly the one I have now is 7+ years old and on its last leg. Believe me when I say almost anything you get will be like night and day in comparison to what I'm using, so even the cheapest of the cheap would be great, I just wanna make it fit within my budget as much as possible.

i'll take a look around and see what if i can find you a good set for your budget and i'll let ya know :)
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-20 12:01:09
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Tbest said:
Savannah said:

Not yet... Not yet.

/waits for -accuracy -attack -str -dex -MP augments

lol... Even if I npc all the stuff I've bought and buy new gear, it's still only 600k-1 mil that I've spent on it. XD Last night for example... I made 3 mil. Sooo... 600k is a drop in the bucket.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 12:01:56
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:

I have no desire to get a laptop =/
I rather get the most of my desk, stereo speakers and overall duration of life in my system.

Besides, I don't have $800-1k lying around nor do I have the patience to assemble that much. Just trying to get by these days, so it's shocking I even have the time and money to get myself a new PC.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 12:03:39
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:
lol... Even if I npc all the stuff I've bought and buy new gear, it's still only 600k-1 mil that I've spent on it. XD Last night for example... I made 3 mil. Sooo... 600k is a drop in the bucket.

Wish I could make that much on a regular basis. I feel rich just for having 1.4m ._.

I'm assuming you take full advantage of sky/sea/ENM/Dynamis drops?
 Cerberus.Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-20 12:04:39
Link | Citer | R

on another note...

GOGO TMNT~! lol

User submitted image
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-20 12:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I'm the main sponsor for my shell. Only have 2 other people that even show interest in sponsoring from time to time. So, I either sponsor 1 run per week or both, depending on whether they sign up or not.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 12:06:24
Link | Citer | R

Savvy, you have an instant messenger so I can collaborate with you on making a setup for the pc? :3
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-20 12:06:29
Link | Citer | R

I hate *** bees!! I just got stung on my freakin stomach, it hurts like a mother *** and I feel like im going to pass out.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-07-20 12:06:50
Link | Citer | R

bah, post didn't appear again >_< don't feel like retyping
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 12:07:24
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:

Hell no...so you can never upgrade the thing? Not that having a laptop is a bad thing, but it'll never be a true desktop replacement, at least, not for me. Not til one can actually work on them themselves...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-20 12:08:09
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Tbest said:

I rather get the most of my desk, stereo speakers and overall duration of life in my system.

Besides, I don't have $800-1k lying around nor do I have the patience to assemble that much. Just trying to get by these days, so it's shocking I even have the time and money to get myself a new PC.

laptop? no thanks. Even though I need one for my major, I cringe at the thought of getting one. I have a lab to work in, and my desktop at home lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 12:09:02
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:
I hate *** bees!! I just got stung on my freakin stomach, it hurts like a mother *** and I feel like im going to pass out.

I assume you aren't allergic?? We always keep Epi Pens in our house just in case of that ***...

I got stung by a hornet once on the side of my face while I was 20 feet in the air on a ladder painting this dudes house...thought I was going down for sure, started getting tunnel vision, but it was prolly just adrenaline...I just held on tight and then climbed down real slow...
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-07-20 12:10:02
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:
Artemicion said:
Tbest said:

laptop? no thanks. Even though I need one for my major, I cringe at the thought of getting one. I have a lab to work in, and my desktop at home lol

if your forced to by a work/school related notebook...get a macbook idc what anyone says i used to be a mac hater til i bought one....2 gigs of ram its 2 years old and outruns my 6 month old pc with 8 gigs of ram -.- PoS PC products but i gotta <3 them for FF
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-20 12:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Yea im allergic to insect stings.. i feel like crap now.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-20 12:13:03
Link | Citer | R

Meh, I won't buy a MAC, if I wanted a laptop for looks I'll just graffiti an old PC laptop lol
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-07-20 12:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:
Meh, I won't buy a MAC, if I wanted a laptop for looks I'll just graffiti an old PC laptop lol

No sir im not talking looks im talking performance lol.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 12:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Alyria said:

Well, get an Epi Pen or something! What are you doing here?!

Maybe it's not that serious for you, but my ex g/f's throat used to close up and ***, so Epi Pen was a must with her, why I always keep one on me now...
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-20 12:16:17
Link | Citer | R

*Shrugs.* Much better to get a laptop with a good processor/ram and then upgrade the video later on imo.

Or... 2-3 years after you buy the laptop, you get a new one like I'm doing for FFXIV. Computers upgrade rapidly and the costs are pretty low. It's not like it used to be where it was much cheaper to do a couple of upgrades than get a new computer entirely.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-20 12:17:40
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Alyria said:

Well, get an Epi Pen or something! What are you doing here?!

Maybe it's not that serious for you, but my ex g/f's throat used to close up and ***, so Epi Pen was a must with her, why I always keep one on me now...

A girl here at work has one, if i get any worse I'll use it. I dont feel my throat closing, just a bit dizzy and head a lil hot now. I think i'll be ok for now.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 12:19:38
Link | Citer | R

/RAGE!

My stepfather ignores my advice about building his own PC, and instead buys some pre-built ***. After a few years the whole thing goes south and *** up on them. Then they go to some Jew who runs this PC builder warehouse business and continuously rapes it even more so they spend more (of my) money to help fix it, only to have it come back *** up worse than before every time.

Pardon my stereotyping but in all honesty, this is no different than what mechanics do. Sabotaging your car so something else will *** up and you're forced to come back and pay more to fix that problem, wash, rinse, repeat ~_~
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-20 12:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Krizz said:
bah, post didn't appear again >_< don't feel like retyping

This has been happening to me all day. v.v
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-20 12:22:42
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:
*Shrugs.* Much better to get a laptop with a good processor/ram and then upgrade the video later on imo.

Or... 2-3 years after you buy the laptop, you get a new one like I'm doing for FFXIV. Computers upgrade rapidly and the costs are pretty low. It's not like it used to be where it was much cheaper to do a couple of upgrades than get a new computer entirely.

I dunno, in my experience selling computers, it was always cheaper just to build your own tower, especially since so many components are good for long periods of time, like monitor, optical drives, peripherals, speakers, and in a lot of cases, the case itself, sound card (for those that don't use onboard), third party cards like wireless adaptors, hard drives in a lot of cases etc...

All that ***can be carried over from one build to the next, leaving you with just the mobo, processor, ram, and video card(s) you really need to buy new with each new computer. Much more bang for your buck there then dropping the equivalent amount on a laptop where you're basically paying for all that ***again. Besides, I never saw a laptop that was worth a ***at all for less then 1,200 bucks, ESPECIALLY one that could actually run games for ***...

But, to each their own...I'm just kinda anti laptop, such a PITA with the cards, batteries dying, etc...
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Serveur: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-20 12:27:13
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Last time I built my own, it was only ~$400 since I had all the goodies to roll over to the next build. I didn't go with all the uber stuff, but something that'll run my games decent.
First Page 2 3 ... 169 170 171 ... 18549 18550 18551