FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 16612 16613 16614 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 17:54:02
Link | Citer | R

To ignore the differences between men and women for the sake of some utopian society is foolish.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-29 17:57:15
Link | Citer | R

no one said there weren't any differences in the genders.

this statement:

"The female mind often tries to read between the lines way too much rather than what is actually going on."

screams of stupidity. how you read those articles & drew that conclusion, sir, baffles me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-29 17:59:10
Link | Citer | R

Womens and mens brains work differently, yes.

But not how you are summing it up.

For example: women tend to be more risk adverse than men (also mentioned in that article). It is why many venture capital firms are trying to have duo CEO's of both male and female, so they balance each other in decision making skills.

The articles didn't say women were emotional.
Quote:
“This may explain why women tend to be less impulsive and more concerned with emotions than men are,” says Dr. Amen, who theorizes that a bigger and more active frontal cortex suggests that women are wired for leadership—and may actually be better bosses than men.

Not sure exactly how less impulsive means more concerned with emotions, but I feel like I'm missing part of the conversation.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-29 17:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Where does biology end and cultural conditioning begin?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 17:59:32
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »

this statement:

"The female mind often tries to read between the lines way too much rather than what is actually going on."

screams of stupidity. how you read those articles & drew that conclusion, sir, baffles me.
You've illustrated a very important point. It's fine to do brain scans and point out physical differences, but when you try to apply them to real life situations; men get aggressive and women get offended.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-29 18:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-29 18:01:27
Link | Citer | R

Mmk interesting conversation but I think Kat is doing her long sleep so I am too.

Night for reals! :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 18:03:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
duo CEO's of both male and female, so they balance each other in decision making skills.
Before we get too divided on this issue, this was actually the point. You need both, not one or the other, but both working together, not against each other.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-29 18:04:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

this statement:

You've illustrated a very important point. It's fine to do brain scans and point out physical differences, but when you try to apply them to real life situations; men get aggressive and women get offended.
No people are annoyed when you draw tenuous connections between anatomical studies and your own perceptions of women.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 18:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Touchy subject I guess, lol. Easier to show people how they all follow Marxism instead.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-29 18:11:12
Link | Citer | R

I think all the regulars of Ni left when the conversation got a bit too heavy.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 18:11:41
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

this statement:

No people are annoyed when you draw tenuous connections between anatomical studies and your own perceptions of women.
I separate my own experiences, however it's because of those experiences I see what is really going on.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 18:12:26
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
I think all the regulars of Ni left when the conversation got a bit too heavy.
Out of chaos comes order as they say.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-29 18:13:15
Link | Citer | R

That statement is contradictory but whatever. If you want to discuss more I guess make a thread.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 18:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Life is a contradiction.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 18:15:20
Link | Citer | R

I need to write a book instead and do book tours.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-29 18:16:02
Link | Citer | R

Maybe they left because they are off work.. Hmm.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 18:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah from what I gather thus far it dies down after 5pm and weekends. Working class, or the proletarian, as they say.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-29 19:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I've found the best way to approach conversation with women is to subtlety imply that *** be crazy.
I've lost count of how many women have repeated that exact phrase to me while trying to explain their sex to me. Oh, the joys of having no desire to interact with an entire half of the species that self-identifies as certifiable.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Serveur: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-29 19:10:30
Link | Citer | R

It's proven science. Nothing to do with society.

Quote:
Scientists now know that sex hormones begin to exert their influence during development of the fetus. A recent study by Israeli researchers that examined male and female brains found distinct differences in the developing fetus at just 26 weeks of pregnancy. The disparities could be seen when using an ultrasound scanner. The corpus callosum -- the bridge of nerve tissue that connects the right and left sides of the brain -- had a thicker measurement in female fetuses than in male fetuses.

Observations of adult brains show that this area may remain stronger in females. "Females seem to have language functioning in both sides of the brain," says Martha Bridge Denckla, PhD, a research scientist at Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Consider these recent findings. Researchers, using brain imaging technology that captures blood flow to "working" parts of the brain, analyzed how men and women process language. All subjects listened to a novel. When males listened, only the left hemisphere of their brains was activated. The brains of female subjects, however, showed activity on both the left and right hemispheres.

This activity across both hemispheres of the brain may result in the strong language skills typically displayed by females. "If there's more area dedicated to a set of skills, it follows that the skills will be more refined," says David Geary, PhD, professor of psychological sciences at the University of Missouri.
Source
That's an amusing generalization, but hardly universal. I've been tested several times and repeatedly come up as using both sides of my brain equally (this in spite of having an even greater disconnection from my emotions than the normal male).

Go figure, I'm a polyglot, too.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 19:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
It's proven science. Nothing to do with society.

Quote:
Scientists now know that sex hormones begin to exert their influence during development of the fetus. A recent study by Israeli researchers that examined male and female brains found distinct differences in the developing fetus at just 26 weeks of pregnancy. The disparities could be seen when using an ultrasound scanner. The corpus callosum -- the bridge of nerve tissue that connects the right and left sides of the brain -- had a thicker measurement in female fetuses than in male fetuses.

Observations of adult brains show that this area may remain stronger in females. "Females seem to have language functioning in both sides of the brain," says Martha Bridge Denckla, PhD, a research scientist at Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Consider these recent findings. Researchers, using brain imaging technology that captures blood flow to "working" parts of the brain, analyzed how men and women process language. All subjects listened to a novel. When males listened, only the left hemisphere of their brains was activated. The brains of female subjects, however, showed activity on both the left and right hemispheres.

This activity across both hemispheres of the brain may result in the strong language skills typically displayed by females. "If there's more area dedicated to a set of skills, it follows that the skills will be more refined," says David Geary, PhD, professor of psychological sciences at the University of Missouri.
Source
That's an amusing generalization, but hardly universal. I've been tested several times and repeatedly come up as using both sides of my brain equally (this in spite of having an even greater disconnection from my emotions than the normal male).

Go figure, I'm a polyglot, too.
I'm center brained too. Don't know what polygot is offhand.

But I tend to use my emotions more when interacting with people in person more than the average male, but little to none by myself.

It's far from universal, as they're are many exceptions to virtually anything. Existence would not exist if everything was universal. It would all be nothing. But what be nothing if there wasn't something to compare it too, etc.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 19:32:03
Link | Citer | R

Gotcha.

Language is but a tool of communication. I believe anyone can learn any language given their right set of variables. For instance, myself, I can't study a foreign language and learn it. Failed miserably at French and Spanish in high school. Yet when I was around 9-10 years old I picked up German in Germany with no problems whatsoever. Russian was very easy living and working in Russia. Chinese was a bit awkward, as I only picked up on the structure, but it wasn't a necessary thing for the short time I was there so I didn't put any importance on it too much.

I got to be among it to learn it and need to learn in order to learn it I guess is my way, lol.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-30 08:29:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Edited

This is stupid and pointless *** for tat
Awww... you erased it.
First Page 2 3 ... 16612 16613 16614 ... 18549 18550 18551