Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 17:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Females in general don't like to be called out on their double standards.

I don't see how this is double standard.

Maybe it was hormones, but I was pissy and didn't appreciate it when I was adjusting. It's not fun when you feel somewhat dehumanized when you get the opportunity to frolic amongst others. (Maybe over-thinking it at the time, yes.) What am I again? A cow? A broodmare? It's just a weird, transitional period.

/shrug
But then you would get mad if your husband stops referring to you as his wife, and in circles you go. Too many factors in play, mood, frequency, relation of the moon to the sun, etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 17:23:28
Link | Citer | R

"I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business."
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-29 17:24:56
Link | Citer | R

"I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business."

that's nonsense.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-29 17:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Carl Sagan said:
Niel DeGrasse Tyson.
I [le]terally came here to say this!

We did it, Ni!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-29 17:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
It is jarring to only be associated with your husband's/partner's identity. Understandable sometimes when there is a level of unfamiliarity, but it is grating when it's done really often.

Especially, right after you had a kid. I found that kind of a tough adjustment. You're submitting yourself and getting a mental hold of your "new" self/role. It's quite annoying giving that and not being identified as you, as an individual.

I took a lot of random punches & evil looks for a number of years for people referring to my wife as "Chris's wife" she would get super pissed and say "I HAVE A NAME GOD DAMN IT, WTF IS WITH YOUR *** FRIENDS???" so on & so forth. I never really understood it. I guess my brain works different, in that, I don't give a flying *** about what other people call me, or think of me, for that matter. that and any form of 'self' I have, I think of as more of an annoyance than anything. if any of that makes any sense.

Depending on how it is stated in conversation (where more verbal emote is given) I really don't have a problem.

If you are standing next to the person and they are referring to as the wife/husband with no name, there could be a variety of reasons. Like they forgot the name.

In written form it is different, in my opinion.
-you don't get the verbal/physical clues
-you can edit and proof read
-there is a point you are trying to convey through writting, so what is that point
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-04-29 17:28:51
Link | Citer | R

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 17:32:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
It is jarring to only be associated with your husband's/partner's identity. Understandable sometimes when there is a level of unfamiliarity, but it is grating when it's done really often.

Especially, right after you had a kid. I found that kind of a tough adjustment. You're submitting yourself and getting a mental hold of your "new" self/role. It's quite annoying giving that and not being identified as you, as an individual.

I took a lot of random punches & evil looks for a number of years for people referring to my wife as "Chris's wife" she would get super pissed and say "I HAVE A NAME GOD DAMN IT, WTF IS WITH YOUR *** FRIENDS???" so on & so forth. I never really understood it. I guess my brain works different, in that, I don't give a flying *** about what other people call me, or think of me, for that matter. that and any form of 'self' I have, I think of as more of an annoyance than anything. if any of that makes any sense.

Depending on how it is stated in conversation (where more verbal emote is given) I really don't have a problem.

If you are standing next to the person and they are referring to as the wife/husband with no name, there could be a variety of reasons. Like they forgot the name.

In written form it is different, in my opinion.
-you don't get the verbal/physical clues
-you can efit and proof read
-there is a point you are trying to convey through writting, so what is that point
I actually see the problem here. You're reading too much into what people are saying to you when they do this.

The female mind often tries to read between the lines way too much rather than what is actually going on.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-29 17:34:17
Link | Citer | R

Females in general don't like to be called out on their double standards.

I don't see how this is double standard.

Maybe it was hormones, but I was pissy and didn't appreciate it when I was adjusting. It's not fun when you feel somewhat dehumanized when you get the opportunity to frolic amongst others. (Maybe over-thinking it at the time, yes.) What am I again? A cow? A broodmare? It's just a weird, transitional period.

/shrug
I've been married for 8 years and together for 15. It usually doesn't bother me that way, depending on the way it verbalized.

A lot of the time it is because they didn't remember my name. And vice versa with my co-workers.

But i get the broodmare feeling. Being tied 24/7 can leave its toil especially when there really isn't much way to aleivate that when breastfeeding.

I agree, it is a weird period
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-29 17:34:39
Link | Citer | R

The female mind often tries to read between the lines way too much rather than what is actually going on.

ho ho ho

tell us more about the feeble female mind, O wise one!
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-04-29 17:36:23
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Josiahfk said: »
I'm disappointed spirits-inventory. I would have thought you would have gotten that reference.
I'm more focused on the content than where it comes from. Principles :P

There is also no context to show the poster's disagreement with the content so I have to treat it as serious statement.

also, to the chat with you~
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-29 17:37:06
Link | Citer | R

I've found the best way to approach conversation with women is to subtlety imply that *** be crazy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 17:37:23
Link | Citer | R

ho ho ho

tell us more about the feeble female mind, O wise one!
Time to bust out the science.

Quote:
It’s not as simple as Mars vs. Venus, but scientists have identified intriguing differences in how men and women think that influence emotions, memory, business success, and even longevity.

In the largest brain imaging study ever conducted to compare male and female brains, Daniel Amen, MD, and other researchers analyzed imaging scans of 26,000 people. They discovered that women showed increased blood flow in 112 of the 128 brain regions they studied, indicating that on average, women’s brains are much more active than men’s.

The most striking difference between the sexes was that women have a much higher level of activity in the prefrontal cortex, an area that’s sometimes called “the brain’s CEO” because it governs planning, organization, impulse control, and learning from mistakes.

In the soon-to-be published study, men’s brains showed greater activity in regions associated with visual perception, tracking objects through space, and form recognition. However, these gender differences don’t mean that one sex has a mental edge over the other—just that their brains are wired differently.
Source

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 17:38:25
Link | Citer | R

Basically the female mind is more connected between emotions and reasoning, whereas the male brain is separated.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-04-29 17:39:41
Link | Citer | R

no idea what's going on in here so.

[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-04-29 17:40:26
Link | Citer | R

I actually see the problem here. You're reading too much into what people are saying to you when they do this.

Your first sentence could be right.

Your second sentence: seriously?

You came back from Russia recently where you were speaking Russian in a daily basis. As you use or learn another language body language conveys a lot when talking. This isn't a male/female thing this is a human communication thing (not talking sexual just conversational).
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-29 17:40:47
Link | Citer | R

wtf does this:

Quote:
It’s not as simple as Mars vs. Venus, but scientists have identified intriguing differences in how men and women think that influence emotions, memory, business success, and even longevity.

In the largest brain imaging study ever conducted to compare male and female brains, Daniel Amen, MD, and other researchers analyzed imaging scans of 26,000 people. They discovered that women showed increased blood flow in 112 of the 128 brain regions they studied, indicating that on average, women’s brains are much more active than men’s.

The most striking difference between the sexes was that women have a much higher level of activity in the prefrontal cortex, an area that’s sometimes called “the brain’s CEO” because it governs planning, organization, impulse control, and learning from mistakes.

In the soon-to-be published study, men’s brains showed greater activity in regions associated with visual perception, tracking objects through space, and form recognition. However, these gender differences don’t mean that one sex has a mental edge over the other—just that their brains are wired differently.
Source

have to do with this:

???

it's not exactly a straight line you're drawing there, guy.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-04-29 17:42:45
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 17:44:37
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Your first sentence could be right.

Your second sentence: seriously?

You came back from Russia recently where you were speaking Russian in a daily basis. As you use or learn another language body language conveys a lot when talking. This isn't a male/female thing this is a human communication thing (not talking sexual just conversational).
It's a biological thing.

Reading between the lines is a form of perception that the female mind excels at far better than males. Unfortunately they do it all the time without realizing. Much like males tend to be more aggressive by nature whether they want to admit it or not.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-29 17:45:41
Link | Citer | R

It's not gender driven, there are many more important factors.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-29 17:45:42
Link | Citer | R

Er, don't think that article says what you think it says.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 17:46:50
Link | Citer | R

Male brains aren't connected in the middle. Very little blood flow.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-04-29 17:47:24
Link | Citer | R

gentle jesus.

my poor daughters.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-29 17:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Male brains aren't connected in the middle. Very little blood flow.
That's cause blood goes to the penis, since we're using stereotypes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-29 17:50:23
Link | Citer | R

It's proven science. Nothing to do with society.

Quote:
Scientists now know that sex hormones begin to exert their influence during development of the fetus. A recent study by Israeli researchers that examined male and female brains found distinct differences in the developing fetus at just 26 weeks of pregnancy. The disparities could be seen when using an ultrasound scanner. The corpus callosum -- the bridge of nerve tissue that connects the right and left sides of the brain -- had a thicker measurement in female fetuses than in male fetuses.

Observations of adult brains show that this area may remain stronger in females. "Females seem to have language functioning in both sides of the brain," says Martha Bridge Denckla, PhD, a research scientist at Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Consider these recent findings. Researchers, using brain imaging technology that captures blood flow to "working" parts of the brain, analyzed how men and women process language. All subjects listened to a novel. When males listened, only the left hemisphere of their brains was activated. The brains of female subjects, however, showed activity on both the left and right hemispheres.

This activity across both hemispheres of the brain may result in the strong language skills typically displayed by females. "If there's more area dedicated to a set of skills, it follows that the skills will be more refined," says David Geary, PhD, professor of psychological sciences at the University of Missouri.
Source
First Page 2 3 ... 16611 16612 16613 ... 18549 18550 18551