Forum » FFXI » General » July Update Info #3
July Update Info #3
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-13 05:16:50
Link | Citer | R

SE released a fresh tidbit of info about the July update which I will relay here for everyone to see since not everyone can access the link

Augmented Items Abound! (07/13/2009)

Hear ye, mighty champions of Vana'diel!
Have you gazed longingly at the augmented apparel donned by your lower-level peers, wondering when similar equipment would be introduced for those of powers puissant?
Consider your wait over! A host of new augmented items designed especially for high-level characters will be one of the many exciting additions in the upcoming version update.

Further Fields of Valor!

Elite training regimes will be added to the following areas:
Cape Teriggan / Eastern Altepa Desert / The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah / Ro'Maeve / Yuhtunga Jungle / Yhoator Jungle / Western Altepa Desert / Valley of Sorrows / Ru'Aun Gardens

Thus far, Elite training regimes have yielded augmented items intended for players level 50 and below. Those who demonstrate their valor by completing the new regimes in the fields above, however, will be rewarded with a new selection of augmented items suited for levels above 50.

User submitted image

A New Challenge Awaits!

The greatest heroes and heroines of Vana'diel—those who have achieved the pinnacles of their respective professions—can also look forward to a new quest that will test the limits of their prodigious powers, and promise rich rewards in kind.
With hordes of fell beasts threatening their ancestral homelands, the pixies would entreat your aid. By entering into a pact with the fey folk to slay one of their notorious foes, high level players will have the opportunity to obtain an augmented item to add to their arsenal.
While Fields of Valor and the elite training regimes offer quick, straightforward objectives that can be enjoyed by lone wolves, this new quest is intended to provide a significant challenge to full parties of up to six veteran adventurers.

To participate in this quest, players must first craft a suitable weapon via a set of new recipes that will be introduced in the coming version update. Entrust one such weapon to the new quest-giving NPC and successfully complete the assigned task, and your weapon will be retuned, freshly endowed with an augment of impressive potency. Should the initial enchantment not be to your liking, you will also have the opportunity to slay a different foe—up to a maximum of five times—to receive a new augment that may better suit your needs.

User submitted image

This quest will offer something for everyone, as each member of the victorious party who has accepted the quest will be eligible to reap the augmented reward. Even players who have not accepted the augmentation quest will be compensated for assisting fellow adventurers with a bounty of their own.
 Kujata.Segaia
Serveur: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-13 05:25:36
Link | Citer | R

On the sample-weapon the stats look nice. Well I think all the crafters out there are ready to get some money for overpriced weapons the first week. At least you can say the augments you get will be job-specific, which is a kind pro from this new quest.

The higher FoV augments sounds nice and would explain why the ones up to 40 are so damn bad. The Errant body looks good, tho we know what example we had last time... Armor with +5 STR +5 VIT... sure SE.. realistic >.>

I'm still hoping for the last Job adjustment Part III( petjobs?? HELLOOOO!?)... but hey.. one can dream... hopeless dreams >.>
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-13 05:39:23
Link | Citer | R

OMG new augments for my high level gear! Good thing too... I was wondering what I was gonna do with all my gil. Now I can augment and toss expensive gear to no end! Hurray :D
 Ragnarok.Albender
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-07-13 05:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Sounds pretty good, but we always like SE news until we see the "Real Thing".

>.>'
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
Serveur: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-07-13 06:03:30
Link | Citer | R

Until know i think everyone had the feeling that a "Real Thing" is still coming. We haven't seen some big news yet. I mean Union system is ok, some adjustments to NIN and BLU and now a bit for FoV... but there is still a big part missing. Like something big we had on WHM the last update.

But hey... better augments.. *cough*
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-13 06:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Just imagine all the gil people are going to be throwing away with this! flame rings with - STR augment, Gigant Mantle with - HP, penitent's rope with - INT, the list is endless!

Seriously, could be some very nice augments, but there's gonna be a lot of expensive items made completely *** useless unless they make a way to redo or remove the augments.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-13 06:46:43
Link | Citer | R

They allow "mulligans" on the new weapons. Why not extend this system to all preexisting augments? I know I'd love to take that random +3 water resist off my gear so I can try again for something useful. But until then, yeah, it's a massive gil dump.

Side question here... but what is
Silence +7"?! How does that work. I've never seen numbers on an added effect before? Or have I?
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-13 07:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Chupacabra said:
They allow "mulligans" on the new weapons. Why not extend this system to all preexisting augments? I know I'd love to take that random +3 water resist off my gear so I can try again for something useful. But until then, yeah, it's a massive gil dump.

Side question here... but what is
Silence +7"?! How does that work. I've never seen numbers on an added effect before? Or have I?

The Silence +7 most likely refers to Guillotine's effect.

Also:
"Should the initial enchantment not be to your liking, you will also have the opportunity to slay a different foe—up to a maximum of five times—to receive a new augment that may better suit your needs."
Does this refer to the fairy augments or all augments in general? (Can we finally get rid of bad augments?)
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-07-13 07:14:03
Link | Citer | R

I think the do-overs only apply to the new weapon quest augments. Sadly, I'd liked to have seen this go into a wider spread. But, we all know how SE does things. Come next update, we may be able to use this system on all our augments, this may simply be the "test" phase.

And thanks for the heads up on Guillotine. I've never taken drk above level 20, so I know so little about it and it's use in higher levels. ^^
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-13 07:52:05
Link | Citer | R

But wouldn't it be like "Guillotine: Silence +7" or something? Can't assume someone will solely use Guillotine.
 Remora.Rhinok
Serveur: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-07-13 07:55:14
Link | Citer | R

STR+20 & STORE TP+10 ON A HAGUN!@_@;;;;;
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-13 07:59:39
Link | Citer | R

Rhinok said:

And then we will be able to divide by 0!
User submitted image
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-07-13 08:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Did anyone else reading this get a sense that the weapons might be synthed ex?

"A new challenge awaits...those who have achieved the pinnacles of their respective professions"

"players must first craft a suitable weapon via a set of new recipes that will be introduced in the coming version update. Entrust one such weapon to the new quest-giving NPC and successfully complete the assigned task"

Hopefully not the case >.>
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-13 08:46:50
Link | Citer | R

They're new craftable weapons, just means you'll buy them off AH to augment them.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-13 08:49:50
Link | Citer | R

I don't think that will be the case. Some crafts, (cooking, leathercraft, clothcraft), can't make weapons. When they say professions I think they mean jobs.
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-13 09:06:59
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Just imagine all the gil people are going to be throwing away with this! flame rings with - STR augment, Gigant Mantle with - HP, penitent's rope with - INT, the list is endless!

Seriously, could be some very nice augments, but there's gonna be a lot of expensive items made completely *** useless unless they make a way to redo or remove the augments.

Pretty certain that you won't be able to get "awesome" augment on such item. Like you'll never get a +6 stats ring, +6 penitent, +5 prism cape or +11 errant body.

In b4 star ring augment with MP- / MND-.
 Pandemonium.Tatsuki
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: douten
By Pandemonium.Tatsuki 2009-07-13 09:07:47
Link | Citer | R

"To participate in this quest, players must first craft a suitable weapon via a set of new recipes that will be introduced in the coming version update."
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-13 09:09:17
Link | Citer | R

Tatsuki said:
"To participate in this quest, players must first craft a suitable weapon via a set of new recipes that will be introduced in the coming version update."

Could be a (1) weapon tho, just like Love Chocolate.
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2009-07-13 09:28:35
Link | Citer | R

im thinking it'll be like 1 recipie per job that you dont need a craft skill to make, but a certain job lvl instead. for example only 75DRK will be able to craft the scythe in the pic and it wont be based off traditional crafting skills.

im guessing it'll be the job "main" weapon according to SE, like axe for war, sword for pld HtH for mnk ect..
 Remora.Rhinok
Serveur: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-07-13 09:31:45
Link | Citer | R

more +enmity than the machuahauahtul would be sexy =D
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-13 09:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it will be specific jobs. Notice how the Scythe is Dark Knight only. So, we'll likely see 1 new synthesis recipe per job.

Edit: Damn work delaying my post. lol

Also though... Warrior isn't axe. >.>
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-13 09:34:58
Link | Citer | R

Can still be crafted, but only a special NPC will give you an unique material. Like WSNM weapon, or an AF quest.

SE prolly wants the player to make its "own" weapon. Unique material + (1) skill required works fine.
 Pandemonium.Busterblade
user: Buster
By Pandemonium.Busterblade 2009-07-13 09:37:06
Link | Citer | R

Rhinok said:

Broken Weapppppppooooooooooon hoooooeeeeeee
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-13 09:38:10
Link | Citer | R

Possibly... But, I'm leaning more to having Smithing/Bonecraft/Woodworking crafting the new weapons.

For the weapon types per job, look at the Mythic Weapons.

Also... I'd LOVE to see someone augment a Hagun! XD
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-13 09:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Eh, I still reckon it'll just be a normal synth, but the NPC will ask you specifucally for that weapon or something... who knows.
 Pandemonium.Busterblade
By Pandemonium.Busterblade 2009-07-13 09:39:51
Link | Citer | R

3mil down the drain to get some ***like, STR- or, some stupid Ele resist
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-13 09:40:48
Link | Citer | R

Hagun: TP Bonus -5 Str +5 Int -30 HP +30 MP.
Perfect for Sam/Blm.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-13 09:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Perfect for Sam/Blm.

Perfect for /wrist.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-13 09:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Thoraeon said:
Haseyo said:
Perfect for Sam/Blm.

Perfect for /wrist.

When you see my Fire II's out DDing a Drks, DON'T COME CRYING TO ME.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Busterblade
By Pandemonium.Busterblade 2009-07-13 09:43:05
Link | Citer | R

lol, SAM/BLM for epic Self MBs in Nyuzl AMIRIGHT?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5