Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Brd XML help
Brd XML help
 Cerberus.Evilqueen
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Lillybabe
By Cerberus.Evilqueen 2013-07-21 08:35:40
Link | Citer | R

I finally decided to stop being super lazy and get a xml for my bard --- so i went to the "Spellcast Shop thread" and I decided on using Motenten's because I'm horrible and don't even understand the basics of setting up an actual spell cast myself... and i'll have to change less gear using his, hurrah. Anyhow...

Copied, pasted, saved Brd.xml etc... went to reload it in the game, and I'm getting an error. "Parsing error line 0" I dont understand why... =( better, is it even possible to have a line 0 ??

link : http://pastebin.com/bSuSNUJU

{Help me out!}
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-07-21 08:54:36
Link | Citer | R

did you get the include files he has setup with that spellcast?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-07-21 08:55:11
Link | Citer | R

That's spellcasts way of saying you're missing something that's needed before it can even load. In Motenten's case, likely an Include file.

You'll need to download a file called "Mote-Config-Include.xml" from the same place you got his original (at least, I'm assuming) and put it in Spellcast/includes/Mote-Config-Include.xml

Mote's spellcasts are unbelievably thorough, because of this they're not something I'd recommend for a beginner (or someone who isn't interested in the "how it works", more the "does it work?"). I've used Spellcast for about 6 years and I still can't get my head around Mote's or Yugl's on some occasions, mostly because everything appears to be controlled through extra files (includes).
 Cerberus.Evilqueen
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lillybabe
By Cerberus.Evilqueen 2013-07-21 09:48:51
Link | Citer | R

ahha. silly me, this is the first time using one of his, it probably didn't help I looked at it while doing delve and being half asleep ^^;

thanks for pointing that out, i got it working from what I can tell so far =)