Forum » FFXI » General » Circle Update
Circle Update
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 11:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Since the other update thread turned into BLM's feeling sorry for themselves, I decided to list possible circle updates in another thread.

Thoraeon said:
so with the circle update...
Circle-type Abilities
Up until now, the benefits granted by Circle-type abilities have been lackluster relative to their ability delay. The July version update will see these abilities imbued with additional effects for greatly enhanced usability.

The following abilities will benefit from the above adjustment:
Holy Circle / Arcane Circle / Warding Circle / Ancient Circle / Killer Instinct

first: lol

second: what if they actually do something good?

Possibilities: "additional effects"
Holy Circle: Party Defense Boost
Arcane Circle: Party Attack Boost
Warding Circle: Party Store TP Boost
Ancient Circle: Party Accuracy Boost
Killer Instinct: adds traits of pet to party? (like double attack or something native to the pet)

If they do something like this, circle abilities may actually be useful. But then again, with their track record... who knows.

Tbest said:
So, what do you all think the new additions to the circles will be?

I'm thinking Holy Circle will decrease enmity gained for all in the party except the Paladin while it's up.

Arcane Circle... I'll guess will add a small amount of attack like Warcry.

Warding Circle will probably give some Store TP bonuses. I'd say probably Store TP +10 or so.

Ancient Circle... Probably some Accuracy bonus between 5 and 10.

And Killer Instinct... I have no idea. But, maybe some Subtle Blow.

Or... Will we see the same blanket increases to all of the above abilities?

Edit: Doh! I was beaten to the punch. Guess I need to Refresh the page more. >.>

It looks like we had similar thoughts though based off of their traits. lol
 Cerberus.Nieko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-09 11:13:02
Link | Citer | R

I guess this update is kinda cool. Since most ppl dont use circles ever and some dont even kno they have circles. But it all depends on what they do with em i guess. I do like ur idea tho Thor.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-09 11:15:11
Link | Citer | R

I only ever used DRK circle ability and that was for the audio portion of it.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-09 11:16:43
Link | Citer | R

Warding circle for Sam is actually very useful for Imps in Ein and Nyzul.

Edit: And big time for Flayers.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-07-09 11:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah--as a PLD I never really use Holy Circle unless we fought the occasional Jnun when all the imps were taken in Caedarva Mire... and even then, if we fought 2 in a row, I had to wait for the 10min recast timer. I'm really glad for this update--hopefully they add a little enmity gain per person in party affected like Rampart? XD
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-09 11:43:35
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, my Sam's only 71 atm and the only time I use my circle is on the imps in Caedarva. I use it whenever it's up though, and it helps a bit. I'm interested to see what the update does to them. =D
 Garuda.Ishkur
Serveur: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-07-09 11:57:38
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:
I use it every 10 minutes though, and it helps a bit.

Corrected
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-07-09 11:59:55
Link | Citer | R

SE said:
We're only lowering the recats time of Circle job abilities.

FFXI Community said:
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEE!!!!!!

I would "lol" if this happened.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 12:01:32
Link | Citer | R

Circle-type Abilities
Up until now, the benefits granted by Circle-type abilities have been lackluster relative to their ability delay. The July version update will see these abilities imbued with additional effects for greatly enhanced usability.

The following abilities will benefit from the above adjustment:
Holy Circle / Arcane Circle / Warding Circle / Ancient Circle / Killer Instinct
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-09 12:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Ishkur said:
Tbest said:
I use it every 10 minutes though, and it helps a bit.

Corrected

lol, whoops. "I use it whenever it's up." There. :P
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 12:09:32
Link | Citer | R

I would hope that they would decrease the recast on these abilities to 5-6 minutes. Otherwise, however good the additional effects might be, it will still be mostly fail.
 Bahamut.Pheliont
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Pheliont
By Bahamut.Pheliont 2009-07-09 12:50:30
Link | Citer | R

Actually I have a quick thought. While going thru the list of merits on wiki, all the circle effects are in group 1 and the merit for it is a recast down -20 secs. If they did mess with recast, does anyone think they will mess with the merit system? Also, does anyone actually waste merits to put into them?
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-09 13:00:29
Link | Citer | R

Pheliont said:
Actually I have a quick thought. While going thru the list of merits on wiki, all the circle effects are in group 1 and the merit for it is a recast down -20 secs. If they did mess with recast, does anyone think they will mess with the merit system? Also, does anyone actually waste merits to put into them?

I doubt there'd be a single person in the entire FFXI community that has merited recast on them so far, and I can't see SE changing the recast or recast merits for them (could happen though). Depending on what they do after the update it *might* be worth meriting the recast, but I still highly doubt it.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-07-09 13:20:05
Link | Citer | R

Pheliont said:

Agreed--it's sort of a "lol" thing to do, if you ask any 75. Why waste merits on something that is only situational?

That being said, switch lowering the Holy Circle recast to lowering the Reprisal recast, and I'll merit that all the way :D Completely doubt that, though ^^;
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 13:58:43
Link | Citer | R

The reason why I said 5-6 minutes:

I relly think they should adjust it to 6 minutes. It would match Souleater in duration and recast. Then, they could adjust the recast merits to match Souleater recast merits. This would make the minimum recast 5 minutes. (A number SE seems to be very fond of.)
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-09 13:59:51
Link | Citer | R

Thoraeon said:
The reason why I said 5-6 minutes:

I relly think they should adjust it to 6 minutes. It would match Souleater in duration and recast. Then, they could adjust the recast merits to match Souleater recast merits. This would make the minimum recast 5 minutes. (A number SE seems to be very fond of.)

Otherwise they could just lower Souleater to 5 minutes. Idk why they would make it 6 minutes to begin with.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-09 14:15:48
Link | Citer | R

cuz they like to mess with us

Edit: Oh yeah, 6 is generally an evil number -- eating souls, kinda makes a little bit of sense.
 Seraph.Darkvision
Serveur: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-27 05:39:10
Link | Citer | R

well i tried out holy circle to see if there was any changes, well seems like none, still a 10 min recast.

"The following Circle-type abilities have had their effects adjusted and will now grant enhanced resistance, defense, and attack against the specified monster family to party members within their area of effect.
Holy Circle / Arcane Circle / Warding Circle / Ancient Circle / Killer Instinct"

lets see change in {DEF: Nope, ATT: Nope, Resistance: Nope} - still the same useless JA as before. tried this out agaist ghosts took about 3-10dmg with and without Holy Circle, done 50-90 dmg with and wothout holy circle, no intimidation effects with holy circle active, 1 when not active burt yeah still usless, nothing ground breakingly impressive. so i decided to speak to a GM incase the messed something up like SE usually does.

User submitted image

i also done some tests after this and still the same results, looks like no chage at all not even slightly
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-27 05:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Darkvision said:
well i tried out holy circle to see if there was any changes, well seems like none, still a 10 min recast.

"The following Circle-type abilities have had their effects adjusted and will now grant enhanced resistance, defense, and attack against the specified monster family to party members within their area of effect.
Holy Circle / Arcane Circle / Warding Circle / Ancient Circle / Killer Instinct"

lets see change in {DEF: Nope, ATT: Nope, Resistance: Nope} - still the same useless JA as before. tried this out agaist ghosts took about 3-10dmg with and without Holy Circle, done 50-90 dmg with and wothout holy circle, no intimidation effects with holy circle active, 1 when not active burt yeah still usless, nothing ground breakingly impressive. so i decided to speak to a GM incase the messed something up like SE usually does.

User submitted image

i also done some tests after this and still the same results, looks like no chage at all not even slightly

THat sux :(
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-27 05:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Tell me about it, my English was better than that by grade 3.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-27 05:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Tell me about it, my English was better than that by grade 3.

^^ "Internet Chat for Dummies" {You can have this.}

ANYHOO

i am sure all they done was change the wording. not the actuall effects

{name} gains resistance against undead > {name} is fortified against undead

that is the only noticable difference.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-07-27 07:34:56
Link | Citer | R

i hit warding circle in dynamis xar last night and maybe its my imagination but it seemed to really pissed the demons off. seemedl like they turned and started goign after me before i even touched them.
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-27 07:47:29
Link | Citer | R

yeah i just noticed it produces a bit more Enmity now well for holy circle
 Asura.Vashmir
Serveur: Asura
user: jmh05n
By Asura.Vashmir 2009-07-27 08:04:06
Link | Citer | R

When using the Circle on Drk, I've seen a noticeable effect on my attack getting an additonal 15-20 dmg and my intimidation rate has improved as well.Proc'ing about 5 times when soloing on EP/DC mobs and 2-3 times on a couple of NM Arcane.