VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-17 10:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Taerra said: »
Not sure if I should go for standard survival (BST / PLD ) or straight up DPS ( BLU ), or rely on heavier TH (THF). BLU and BST might have my favor, considering you can get some manner of TH, but my PLD is by far the sturdiest of my jobs. I normally go into valkurm, get TEs as BST, then wreck the JA mobs, rinse and repeat. I know gear plays an obvious role in kill speed and overall currency, but would another job combo do a better job ? Basically it boils down to this --- I'm ITCHING to use my almace when im on BST lol ... but that doesn't mean its the smartest decision. Inputs ?
BLU is only good if you have TH2, another advantage BLU has is AoE sleep, which makes killing TE easy, since you can sleep 5 mobs and log out, takes 30 sec to deal with agro. But BST finds TE faster unless you have 3rd pt tool.

A throwing weapon for TE's and a half decent nuking set make a big difference. Dark Orb can/will one-shot TE's and a throwing weapon can greatly increase you access to them. But you can't just sic a pet on it in the middle of a pile of DC mobs and walk away like a BST >.<
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-17 10:39:54
Link | Citer | R

I used to do cannonball for pulling, but I figured using the throwing-thing from Pil was a much better option, tons of MP saved there :P
As for killing, I did'nt use MP for it, really.
Most of the time mobs were nearly dead when they got procced (when doing EP mobs), with delta thrust only casted once at the very start of a fight.
Your swords kill stuff very fast, if you do stuff right.
Also, remember to use attack food. :P
The only time you should use occultation is, kinda.. never?
It just costs too much mp :(
So, my "secret" to keeping MP up (I never /heal during the 2hr duration of dynamis)
1.)Rely on your swords for damage.
2.)Always keep battery charge up, and set auto-refresh trait.
3.)Idle set with refresh between fights, gets you a decent chunk of extra MP over time, specially when going from camp to camp.
4.)Don't spam high-mp spells, and just because CA is up does'nt mean you have to self-sc or use it to deal damage.
5.)Try to be careful when pulling, links is the main mp-killer, with sleepga\cure spam.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-17 10:51:32
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the input Jassik and Kvazz, I'm going to have to rethink the way I play BLU. Been in abyssea for so long, I have forgotten how it is without refresh atmas. ( or being outside of RDM lol, mana battery status never changed it seems ).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-17 12:05:00
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the input Jassik and Kvazz, I'm going to have to rethink the way I play BLU. Been in abyssea for so long, I have forgotten how it is without refresh atmas. ( or being outside of RDM lol, mana battery status never changed it seems ).

BLU's really flexible but the best way to play it is as a DD with wreckless abandon. :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-17 12:09:52
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 308232 This is what I use for TP as a general purpose on BST, for an all-around effect.

ItemSet 308234 This is my ruinator build atm.

Obviously being in dynamis fighting EPs, I'll sacrifice some acc in favor of more Oomph, while keeping haste. But that's the main gear I use and shuffle the pieces around depending on what I need.

Those are PDT axes, I'm currently gathering bayld/plasm to upgrade my axes. I always want the other 2 karieyh pieces ( the hands are more for a dex set for PLD for CDC ).

As you can see, my bst is ATM more efficient than my BLU for dynamis, but it sure ain't as fun as BLU :)
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-07-17 12:19:39
Link | Citer | R

get the gorget/belt for ruinator rancor is only acc+6 for that ws will give you a big upgrade to dmg
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-17 12:42:24
Link | Citer | R

oops I don't keep twilight for ruinator, I swap in Crudelis. I have light belt also, getting the sea gorget would also be nice. I think I have a dusty yovra organ somewhere ...

BTW rancor has crit hit +5% with maxed tonberry hate ... not sure if that beats the modifiers from the sea gorget ?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-07-17 12:44:48
Link | Citer | R

yeah its a huge chunk of damage and a very easy to get upgrade also mekira oto even nq i believe will demolish twilight head
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-17 12:51:15
Link | Citer | R

oops I don't keep twilight for ruinator, I swap in Crudelis. I have light belt also, getting the sea gorget would also be nice. I think I have a dusty yovra organ somewhere ...

BTW rancor has crit hit +5% with maxed tonberry hate ... not sure if that beats the modifiers from the sea gorget ?

Ruinator can't crit so the neck is only giving accuracy. It's a str mod so that and as always acc to cap.

Quote:
Description: Delivers a four-hit attack. Accuracy varies with TP.
In order to obtain Ruinator, the quest Martial Mastery must be completed.
This Weapon Skill's first hit fTP is duplicated for all additional hits.
Aligned with the Aqua Gorget, Snow Gorget & Breeze Gorget.
Aligned with the Aqua Belt, Snow Belt & Breeze Belt.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-07-17 12:54:06
Link | Citer | R

yeah doesnt crit so it is literally doin nothin for you if i had more time id post a good easy to obtain set but at this point im a zombie
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-17 12:55:29
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Ruinator can't crit so the neck is only giving accuracy. It's a str mod so that and as always acc to cap.

makes sense, sea gorget it is then. Figured light belt was useless for that WS.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-07-17 12:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Breeze gorget/belt for Ruinator, pretty easy to farm sea for the items required :) gonna boost your damage by 20%! Also try to finish WOTG final mission for TP bonus moonshade earring ;)
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-07-17 13:05:16
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 308239

low end easy to get stuffs
 Fenrir.Genesi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-07-17 13:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Brethren Axe + Genelon (Double Attack +11). Switch Brethren with Kerehcatl and Ganelon with Brethren after you pick up both delve axes.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-07-17 13:19:55
Link | Citer | R

set was more of an easy stop gap solution based on immediate upgrades
 Fenrir.Genesi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-07-17 13:25:48
Link | Citer | R

True. Although, is it really that much out of the question that we're talking about NQ weapons, OP? The difference between a delve axe and a regular axe is exponential. I'd focus on Brethren axe if you have the time (it's only 4 plasm runs of 8k each).
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-17 13:30:43
Link | Citer | R

I be after Hunahpu Rare Ex
[Main] All Races
DPS: 2917 DMG:140 Delay:288 STR+12 DEX+12 Axe skill +188 Parrying skill +188 Pet: Accuracy+30 Haste+3%
LV 99 BST

It's insane may take lots of bayld or or win the five wild fights and pick it....
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-17 13:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
True. Although, is it really that much out of the question that we're talking about NQ weapons, OP? The difference between a delve axe and a regular axe is exponential. I'd focus on Brethren axe if you have the time (it's only 4 plasm runs of 8k each).

getting a delve weapon is my number one concern when I'm not running dynamis atm.

money is a bit of a concern,which is why I don't own high end +stat rings and earrings. Gotta set priorities and the delve weapon is sitting atop the list.

Kinda counter-productive to sell dyna currency for your aegis to buy gear to farm dyna to get an aegis faster lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-17 13:38:54
Link | Citer | R

Since we are on the topic of dyna and gear sets/efficiency, has anyone tried PLD ? Not sure how that works, heard some round up a couple EPs and aoe WS em'. Is that even viable without an high end shield ?

I suppose my bst will be my best dyna job for a while.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-17 13:51:29
Link | Citer | R

Since we are on the topic of dyna and gear sets/efficiency, has anyone tried PLD ? Not sure how that works, heard some round up a couple EPs and aoe WS em'. Is that even viable without an high end shield ? I suppose my bst will be my best dyna job for a while.

You could probably hold half the zone with an ochain, but you have to proc and kill the mobs to get coins. PLD doesn't kill fast and doesn't have TH. It would be good for doing NM's, but you can do that with both BLU and BST too.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-17 14:30:53
Link | Citer | R

When aoe weapon skills used to work pld was baller. Not so much today.

Actually spending gil to be more efficient can easily pay off in the long run especially selling coins that you don't need for a stage to allow you to farm more coins more efficiently. I made a ton of gil at the same time as making my relic pulling in 300-400 coins a day. I now do over 400+ when ever I need extra gil.

Oh and the forgotten drops can bring a pretty penny sold 60 hopes for 4+ million the other day..
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-17 14:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Actually spending gil to be more efficient can easily pay off in the long run especially selling coins that you don't need for a stage to allow you to farm more coins more efficiently. I made a ton of gil at the same time as making my relic pulling in 300-400 coins a day. I now do over 400+ when ever I need extra gil.

I guess that makes sense, but wouldn't it be faster to find someone who needs your currency and trade it ? Friend of mine built an apocalypse in a record time (yeah k twash 99 + dual boxing lol) by trading unwanted currency to people building other relics.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-17 14:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

I guess that makes sense, but wouldn't it be faster to find someone who needs your currency and trade it ? Friend of mine built an apocalypse in a record time (yeah k twash 99 + dual boxing lol) by trading unwanted currency to people building other relics.

It's a trade off really if your coin farming take can increase by 50% per day or even 25% per day by spending a week upgrading you will hit your goal faster as well. Just have to spend wisely for your return on investment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-18 07:30:17
Link | Citer | R

Can you guys post suggestions or strategies on BST in Dyna ? Just to make sure I'm doing this in an optimal way ?

As in, how to interact with your pet ? What I was doing last night was proc a mob, leave my pet to finish it off and hunt for another to proc, when the first one died, brought my pet onto the second, hunt for a third and so on, chaining a supply of EP mobs. I forgot to bring attack food, which is a shame, I'm sure that would have sped up the kills. I was rotating treants ( killing the NM also ), the traps and the sheeps, but I was getting slept all the time, sheeps tended to be the most generous type of monsters out of the 3. Do you recommend other families of mobs ?

yesterday I changed a few pieces of gear on BST, managed to score karieyh head, brego gloves, and snow gorget (works for both ruinator and almace, yay). Makes a big difference, stuff is falling and QUICK, if I get a delve axe this weekend, i'm gonna have to hit the DC camps (maybe?) because stuff is falling pretty quickly.

ItemSet 308232 New TP set

ItemSet 308234 New WS set

Next on the list is snow belt and delve axe, we'll see afterwards as cash permits, I need a cheruski needle too. I used my repeat login points to get myself monster hands and boots, that helps. They aren't upgraded yet though ( the hands )

Top ruinator last night was 3600, never been so high outside of abyssea. I managed to get all 5 TEs within 12 minutes. The run went smoothly but for some reason, they were VERY VERY VERY stingy on JA procs AND drops. For some reason, they would hardly proc, and when they did, often they would only drop 1 currency. I did make sure checked and rechecked KI and log to make sure I scored all 5 extensions, which I did. I was using Dipper, if that makes a difference, I have an abundance of those, so I figured I'd burn one instead of a falcor, maybe that was a mistake ?

Anyhow I managed to score 170 currencies ( quite far from my blu's 90 lol )

Suggestions on how I can improve that ? Easy obtainable gear for short term fix ? strategies ?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-07-18 07:51:14
Link | Citer | R

Only downside with BST is TH1, as the other jobs can hit TH2/3/7+ so you have to get quicker to get more kills in for potential drops :)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-18 07:53:01
Link | Citer | R

BST is a very safe option compared to other jobs though.
Very brainless, just let the pet soak up links, just chill through and still get a decent amount :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-18 07:57:43
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Very brainless, just let the pet soak up links, just chill through and still get a decent amount :P

So I guess I'm doing things right then ... I just need to kill faster. I'm hoping to at least break 200+ when I get a delve axe.

Do you recommend DC camps ? or not ? There's hardly (never?) competition when I go to valkurm so EPs aren't in short supply. Do the DC have better drop rate ?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-18 08:26:47
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

So I guess I'm doing things right then ... I just need to kill faster. I'm hoping to at least break 200+ when I get a delve axe.

Do you recommend DC camps ? or not ? There's hardly (never?) competition when I go to valkurm so EPs aren't in short supply. Do the DC have better drop rate ?

I say get the delve axe and roll over just need more pet food maybe not with higher level pet lol and yes better drops on DC and more risk they can hit hard if they get on you and beastmen can be bleeps at times. Smn and mages in dynamis still can do stupid damage in dynamis if you don't watch it astral flow hit me and my mules for 3k >.> faithful took 694 >.>....
 Quetzalcoatl.Taerra
By Quetzalcoatl.Taerra 2013-07-18 09:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I say get the delve axe and roll over just need more pet food maybe not with higher level pet lol and yes better drops on DC and more risk they can hit hard if they get on you and beastmen can be bleeps at times. Smn and mages in dynamis still can do stupid damage in dynamis if you don't watch it astral flow hit me and my mules for 3k >.> faithful took 694 >.>....

thats what I thought.

What about target mobs ? whats optimal in valk ? Whichever job I choose, I always do sheep/treants/flytraps
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-18 09:11:42
Link | Citer | R

I avoid the sheep and flytraps because of sleep myself nothing worse to me than that but all mobs are pretty equal opps sans cactaurs/flys nasty AOEs >.> and I move to whatever mobs that I will have the least comp for kills.

Still in bubu I do the mandy's go figure lol....