Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Gear and merits for TH THF
Gear and merits for TH THF
 Valefor.Angelous
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2013-07-02 03:17:07
Link | Citer | R

got thief to 99 and was thinking where to put merits in which basically not using as a heavy DD but for TH and at the moment only have TH4 with thief's knife and job traits. I know the relic +2 hand and empy +2 feet are good for bonus for treasure hunter.

Just looking for some input thanks
 Sylph.Decimus
Serveur: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-07-02 03:23:07
Link | Citer | R

Triple attack, feint, sneak attack recast.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-07-02 04:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Assassin's charge sounds near-worthless for you so put the rest in Aura steal so you can have some fun with it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-07-02 06:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Sneak Attack Recast 5/5
Triple Attack Rate 5/5
Feint 5/5
Aura Steal 5/5

Is what has worked for me.

If you are in PT with other people a lot on THF, you could do Trick Attack recast over Sneak Attack Recast. Then again... if you REALLY didn't care about any kind of DPS, Sneak Attack Recast + Trick Attack Recast might be slightly better for just raising TH value. But, I don't think that would be a really smart choice.

If you really wanted to be an asset, I don't think just being a TH *** and nothing else is that optimal. For things like Dynamis and Abyssea you would help yourself or groups more being able to assist in killing the enemies faster.

Yes, TH helps a lot. But a good THF that can plant TH and help double up a good DD is worth it's weight in gold.

More often than not, unless it some really high level event. Just plant TH 6(Assassin's Armlets +2, Rouge's Poulaines +2) or TH7 (Assassin's Armlets +2, Rouge's Poulaines +2, Thief's Knife), and let nature take it's course.
 Valefor.Angelous
Serveur: Valefor
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2013-07-02 13:56:07
Link | Citer | R

for heavy dd what merits you suggest? it is worth putting into Assassin's Charge?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-07-02 14:07:36
Link | Citer | R

I have 1/5 Assassin's Charge. It's not anything special for long-term DPS, but it gives about as much boost to Exenterator as either Sneak Attack or Trick Attack do, and I can use it when both of the others are down, or positioning is bad, or I don't have a TA partner, or whatever. In that sense, yes, I think it's worth at least unlocking.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
By Zerowone 2013-09-15 16:22:30
Link | Citer | R

Triple Attack 5/5
Sneak Attack 5/5
Aura Steal 4/5
Feint 1/5
Assassin's Charge 5/5

Is an other variation to play with. Assassin's charge used to be pointless but now with the Quad Attack proc it can be fun. It has it's uses for boosting dmg on WS's or if you need/want to get a quick boost in TP.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-09-15 17:05:31
Link | Citer | R

That sounds like a terrible idea. You should use it whenever it's up since it's an entirely different kind of buff.

edit: How is this a necro bump when it was on the front page? <_>